Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,255 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yep most definitely, kill everyone especially the firekeepers!!

Although I actually felt really bad after killing the giant blacksmith in Anor Londo!! :o

just after murdering him now, i did indeed feel bad "forge i can"

still onwards and upwards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Last boss is breaking my heart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Last boss is breaking my heart :(

Parry is your friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

.....ho's so simple???

Shield and spear! take your time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tok9 wrote: »
    Parry is your friend. :)

I'm trying

• Advertisement

FFS one hit away from killing him and i end up unable to parry him.

Finally ****ed him up.

Can't believe Tose are in the credits! Firstly, they are the kings of mediocrity and secondly they are usually 'ghost developers' that don't get credited.

where is the The Bed of Chaos boss ? im drunk and don't have a clue where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

warp to daughter of chaos, go through demon ruins and lost izlath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

penev10 wrote: »
    Am finding the game much easier as a Strength based character. Am using the Large Club which A scales with Strength and it's the business:D Have it at +13 at the moment with 32 strength and it does >450 damage. The R2 move with it also kicks ass as it charges forward with a horizontal swing and a massive hit box. The charge and the size of the weapon mean you can use it from a distance and knock lumps out of anything!

Have just joined the Dark Wraiths. Having been disappointed with the PVP whilst in the Forest Gang and the Dark Blades I'm hoping things fair better.

I have also made a pure STR character with the new patch that uses the Great Demon Maul and its madness. Took e about 7 hits to kill the Gaping Dragon. Level 35 and i have only leveled STR, lotsa fun :D

I have a DEX char (level 28) in Darkwraiths sitting at the bonfire just outside Sens Fortress, and not i dont have crazy end game gear, just an Uchi +8 with Eastern Armour. EVERY time i drop my Red Eye Orb it goes straight into an invasion. So much fun invading in Sens because the enviroment really adds to the combat. I remember one guy i invaded must have seen me coming up behind him while he was on one of those bridges with the pendulum blades. He just jumped straight off it to his death :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

last boss is a piece of piss

just where Havel Armour and carry 20 Estus flask and start chopping

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I found the last boss a pain in le arse as well.

Finally got by it with a pre-nerfed cast or two of Strong Magic Shield, but yeah easily one of the most frustrating fights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How have you managed to get through this game so quickly Retr0?

I am only heading to Demon Ruins now.

I had a bloody month headstart (on 80+ hours at the moment)

noodler wrote: »
    How have you managed to get through this game so quickly Retr0?

I am only heading to Demon Ruins now.

I had a bloody month headstart (on 80+ hours at the moment)

I'm unemployed and played the **** out of it in the evenings when I finish looking for jobs and writing my research paper, just played nothing but Dark Souls :) I think I've logged about 80+ hours as well, haven't dared acknowledge the time on my save file in a long time!

Hmm, finally game clock tally was only 53 hours. Thought it would have been longer.

Hmm, finally game clock tally was only 53 hours. Thought it would have been longer.

Did you do the optional areas? Ash Lake, Painted World and something else. Im pretty sure there is a third optional area. Ash Lake was one of my favourite areas in the game. Shame they didnt do much with it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Did you do the optional areas? Ash Lake, Painted World and something else. Im pretty sure there is a third optional area. Ash Lake was one of my favourite areas in the game. Shame they didnt do much with it

Painted World was my fave so far.

Yeah did them all. Looked at the wiki to make sure I didn't miss any areas before I beat the game, ended up that I'd done them already anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i bet it in under 40 hours and went everywhere , painted world was just magnificent , hated catacombs HATE HATE HATE CATACOMBS

Tempted to go play Demon Souls to see how it compares to Dark Souls. Watched some gameplay videos and the gameplay seems a hell of alot faster than Dark Souls. Ill get around to it some day and try play the game as a heavy armour only character. Might be tough with the lack of poise in that game though.

I have made 2 characters since the patch and was currently playing 2 characters pre-patch. So im kinda playing 4 characters at the moment :mad: Why cant i stick with one! Funny thing is i had an idea for a new character just before posting this. INT/FAI build! Talisman in my left hand, catalyst in my right! No weapons or shields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hmmm.. sounds like I missed Ash lake...

Once i finish my backlog of games I'll come back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Yeah did them all. Looked at the wiki to make sure I didn't miss any areas before I beat the game, ended up that I'd done them already anyway.
    Don't know how you found the Great Hollow/Ash Lake without the wiki! Them double illusory walls would've stopped me dead if I hadn't read abouth them.

Dark Souls does hidden areas perfectly. Take the Painted World for example with the clue coming from the doll which you may or may not have found if you happened to go back to the Asylum!

The length/size of each area is bang on too. You get a real sense of each location without getting bored of them. Even Blighttown didn't drag on too long the way World 5 in Demons Souls did. I think this makes the game far better than it's predecessor for replay value.

Don't know how you found the Great Hollow/Ash Lake without the wiki! Them double illusory walls would've stopped me dead if I hadn't read abouth them.

Some helpful soul left messages about the illusionary walls. Wouldn't have found them otherwise.

Some helpful soul left messages about the illusionary walls. Wouldn't have found them otherwise.
    Maybe they were my messages :D I was surprised that there weren't any there when I visited. Same with the Daughter of Chaos. Took me ages to find the right wall as the messages were all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm on 59 hours myself and am only working on the second Lord Soul. Down in the New Londo Ruins, I hate this place!

Don't think I've even touched those extra areas mentioned. Must consult the wiki to see where they are.

Although in my defense, I'm still sticking to playing 100% offline from the very beginning (mainly as I don't have a wireless dongle for my XBOX or Live).

As a result I haven't been getting help from people or their scrawls on the ground. I feel like I'm missing out on an interesting aspect of the game...but at the same time, doing it all alone is a bloody rewarding experience!

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm on 59 hours myself and am only working on the second Lord Soul. Down in the New Londo Ruins, I hate this place!

Don't think I've even touched those extra areas mentioned. Must consult the wiki to see where they are.

Although in my defense, I'm still sticking to playing 100% offline from the very beginning (mainly as I don't have a wireless dongle for my XBOX or Live).

As a result I haven't been getting help from people or their scrawls on the ground. I feel like I'm missing out on an interesting aspect of the game...but at the same time, doing it all alone is a bloody rewarding experience!

i finished it there earlier, on to ng+ and am down in blightown already !!

i have 170 hrs clocked up, 90 or so being summoned / invading . it is definitely great from an online point of view. just earlier i was invaded in blightown, the invader started killing the enemies, we worked out way through together, then had a fight near the end of the level !! always worth bowing to your invader, he might be in a good mood !

I got invaded and had a stand off with the invader. I bowed, waited for 10 seconds and he didn't bow so hit the button to lob a fireball at him. During the fireball animation he decided to bow and I got a cheap shot in. Felt so bad about it. He ended up killing me so karma and all!

2smiggy wrote: »
    just earlier i was invaded in blightown, the invader started killing the enemies, we worked out way through together, then had a fight near the end of the level !! always worth bowing to your invader, he might be in a good mood !
    I thought invaders couldn't interact with enemies:confused: or is it just that enemies ignore them?

I thought invaders couldn't interact with enemies:confused: or is it just that enemies ignore them?

enemies ignore them, but he was killing them away, red invader

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    enemies ignore them, but he was killing them away, red invader
    I wonder does the invader get the souls as well as the host. If so it could be an easy way to do some soul farming seeing how the enemies don't retaliate!

Advertisement