Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Jawgap wrote: »
    Were you on a black Planet X?

Think that might have been me again if it was - I didn't even realise you were there until I looked over my shoulder to make the turn at the roundabout at Lusk!

Yep that was me, next time I let out a roar and take a turn, (maybe!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Saw a pink jersey heading out past Dublin Airport on the Old Road on Wednesday at about 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

ROK ON wrote: »
    South Great Georges St
    6pm ish

Charge Bike

Might have been me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Viewing Point at Stocking Lane/Cruagh at 11am. You were stopped on the phone I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Don't expect anyone to own up to this one.

Cycling southbound on the M11 just north of Fassaroe shortly after
    9am this morning. Clever move sir

(and to answer the inevitable question yes I did report it. Stupidity at its grossest)

• Advertisement

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Don't expect anyone to own up to this one.

Cycling southbound on the M11 just north of Fassaroe shortly after
    9am this morning. Clever move sir

(and to answer the inevitable question yes I did report it. Stupidity at its grossest)

Suicidal. Especially as the hard shoulder seems to be out of action further on. Not that anyone should be there in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Think I spotted Jawgap at the last roundabout in Lusk before the Blakes X road about 7.20-ish-ish Friday Morn (18th May).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Think I saw Claude near Glencullen yesterday morning, but not sure - rider's head was obscured by an odd glowing piece of headgear

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Shouted Hi to a Boardsie in a new jersey passing the gate to Kippure at 11am yesterday (NeedMoreGears possibly???)

Later on, I broke a spoke on the Shay Elliott descent to Glenmalure, and had to open up the back brake fully to allow the buckled rim to spin freely. Thanks to Mr. Yunioshi and friends for stopping, and for the good advice about making sure the buckled wheel didn't rub and damage the carbon frame.

Home safe and sound with the front brake only, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

spotted boardsie heading into baldoyle last night bout 7:30-8 last night. Another this morning just before 10 at guild street on a black canyon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

neris wrote: »
    spotted boardsie heading into baldoyle last night bout 7:30-8 last night. Another this morning just before 10 at guild street on a black canyon

Possibly me on the way home from work. I left town around 7:20 and went out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Spotted and said hi to an old jersey passing by ballinastoe on Wednesday around 5:30 or so. I was going mtbing :D

Ah, that would be me, coming to the end of a personal W200. I always make a point of nodding at the MTB-ers at Ballinastoe, to make it clear that there can be peace between the roadie and the MTB-er. First time I've ever seen a Boards jersey on a MTB-er though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Myself and cdaly_ going in opposite directions, wearing matching boards jerseys, on the Malahide Rd this morning. T'was a wavefest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Passed someone going up Grace Park Road this morning about 8.15.. Havent seen them on my route before so maybe a one off...

irishmotorist zipping up Temple Hill in Blackrock this morning.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Passed someone going up Grace Park Road this morning about 8.15.. Havent seen them on my route before so maybe a one off...

That would be myself. I'm on that route 2-3 days per week but just broke out the boards jersey the last few days :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Think I met a Boardsie incognito at the end of the Howth cycle track today, was wearing my boards jersey and had stopped to gobble a flapjack and got a hello, but my mouth was too full to respond :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Today at 18.30 turning at the church in Shankill heading for Killiney / Ballybrack, matching shorts and jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Got three of 'em going home today.

First one was hading North through Harlods Cross around 18:10

Met two more on the Rathfarnham road later on, one was daragh_ if I got the name right (with the jersey) and can't for the life of mine recall his mate's name , apologies for that (was wearing boards shorts I think). Had a quick chat before our ways parted at Yellow House.

Forgot to compliment on their bikes, especially the PX, awesome machine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭One_Time

trad wrote: »
    Today at 18.30 turning at the church in Shankill heading for Killiney / Ballybrack, matching shorts and jersey.

Probably me. It was a busy day for Boards Jerseys - I saw a guy descending Stocking Lane about ten to six, someone coming over the flyover by Lamb Doyles at 6.15 and a third heading North from Stepaside on the Enniskerry Rd about five minutes later :)

• Advertisement

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Got three of 'em going home today.

Met two more on the Rathfarnham road later on, one was daragh_ if I got the name right (with the jersey) and can't for the life of mine recall his mate's name , apologies for that (was wearing boards shorts I think). Had a quick chat before our ways parted at Yellow House.

Forgot to compliment on their bikes, especially the PX, awesome machine :)

Me with Colm18. Extended commute via Cruagh. Nice to meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Saw someone in boards gear going northwards through Terenure around 18h00 today. Riding a blue Planet X - DirkVoodoo?

Also saw someone turning onto Taylor's Lane at the junction with Whitechurch Road at around 18h10 or so. Think that was smacl.

Thought I glimpsed another boards jersey as I passed near Merrion Square earlier too. Must be the good weather, the boardsies are swarming, shut your windows or they'll be all over the house before you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Today Castleknock traffic lights at 6.15pm. Full kit on a hybrid.

Yday Phoenix Park - Wellighton Road. Guy in full kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hmmzis wrote: »
    doozerie wrote: »
    Saw someone in boards gear going northwards through Terenure around 18h00 today. Riding a blue Planet X - DirkVoodoo?

And boom goes the dynamite.

Yup, that was me.

Saw some dude with a beard going up stocking lane when I was coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭One_Time

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Saw some dude with a beard going up stocking lane when I was coming down.

The dude with the beard was me. Thanks for not pointing out how much I was suffering...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

... Must be the good weather, the boardsies are swarming, shut your windows or they'll be all over the house before you know it.
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GTN

Boards Jersey, Sion Cross - Morrisseys on the Rathoe Rd Carlow , Wednesday evening at around 7pm.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Yup, that was me.

My brain registered the bike first, the kit second, then it wondered who might have been riding what looked like DirkVoodoo's bike, in Boards kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My brain registered the bike first, the kit second, then it wondered who might have been riding what looked like DirkVoodoo's bike, in Boards kit.

Surely no imposter is tanned or good looking enough to pull off such a ruse.

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Surely no imposter is tanned or good looking enough to pull off such a ruse.

No, it was clearly your bike, its tanned deeper shade of blue and good looks couldn't disguise it.

Advertisement