Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

That was me, but it's a high performance, breathable sports gillet, I'll have you know! Unfortunately the gut is too big to close it and keep stuff in my jersey pockets at the mo :o

Haha fair enough, my apologies. I was in the green on-one jersey on the other side of the road. I think we pass each other fairly regularly, but that's the first time I've seen you in the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

New jersey this morning at Kilpedder pulling onto the N11 southbound ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Descending Cruagh Road around 11:15 this morning. New style jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Descending Cruagh Road around 11:15 this morning. New style jersey.

myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

kenmc wrote: »
    Haha fair enough, my apologies. I was in the green on-one jersey on the other side of the road. I think we pass each other fairly regularly, but that's the first time I've seen you in the jersey.

We do indeed - I think I met you at the WW200 or ROK or one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭One_Time

Plastik wrote: »
    New jersey this morning at Kilpedder pulling onto the N11 southbound ...

Might have been me - heading down towards Newtown to do Slaughter Hill. That goes on for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

One_Time wrote: »
    Might have been me - heading down towards Newtown to do Slaughter Hill. That goes on for a long time!

I was at Sam Burtons in Bray gear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭One_Time

Plastik wrote: »
    I was at Sam Burtons in Bray gear :)

Ah yeah! And a very civil greeting you had too ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

New jersey pulled into the side of the road with a group on the road between Woodenbridge and Aughrim this morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Daithi BC wrote: »
    New jersey pulled into the side of the road with a group on the road between Woodenbridge and Aughrim this morning.

Ardattin 200 bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Was that you in the BJ in the 3 Peaks bunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Planet X wrote: »
    Was that you in the BJ in the 3 Peaks bunch?

I was in the new long sleeved Boards top. Did a nice job keeping me warm on the Slieve Maan and Shay Elliot descents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Saw someone heading down Cruagh Road today at around 14h00. They then turned onto Tibradden Road. They were wearing Boards jersey and possibly Boards shorts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Spotted a boardsie coming down from powerscourt/sally gap direction and turning off for cruagh road at about half 10 this morning, that was me shouting boards at you at the junction, couldn't think what else to say :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Passed someone on the Templeogue road (near Hollingsworths) wearing a ls boards top (new) on Sunday at around 13:30. Gave a (friendly) beep as I passed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Passed someone on the Templeogue road (near Hollingsworths) wearing a ls boards top (new) on Sunday at around 13:30. Gave a (friendly) beep as I passed.

That was me. S/S with a long sleeve running top underneath. Wondered why someone was beeping at me, battling into the wind about 15k later I realised why. :)

Thursday evening about 7pm - old jersey, making an illegal exit out of the Chapelizod gate of the Phoenix park. I was running in the opposite direction trying to figure out where I recognised that jersey design from

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Thursday evening about 7pm - old jersey, making an illegal exit out of the Chapelizod gate of the Phoenix park. I was running in the opposite direction trying to figure out where I recognised that jersey design from

Guilty as charged, although not strictly illegal as I was using the pedestrian gate. Oops :o......I suppose I really should have dismounted. Apologies for bringing shame on the jersey. I'll have to retire it now, and only use it to wash my bike. My only defence is, I was probably still on a high after setting a PR and moving up to 5th on this.

http://app.strava.com/segments/664839

(Now 6th :()

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Needmoregears at the Tour de Foothills if I remember my boardsies correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Inquitus wrote: »
    Needmoregears at the Tour de Foothills if I remember my boardsies correctly.

I met few others in disguise but didn't notice any other boards gear - mind you was on my lonesome for most of the last 50k so I didn't see too many other people in any class of gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

spotted a new jersey on a white bike friday eveing heading out from town at north strand bout 730pm and old jersey this morning bout 9 on willie nolan road in baldoyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

neris wrote: »
    spotted a new jersey on a white bike friday eveing heading out from town at north strand bout 730pm and old jersey this morning bout 9 on willie nolan road in baldoyle.

Out of town Friday might have been me. I passed that way on my white bike around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was I this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Some feckin eejit called captain something on a power trip today in Laois. And there was me on a "recovery" spin and he nearly killed himself trying to get past:D

He started on about being a moderator on some forum or something:rolleyes:

And the state of his bike...... Sellotape holding on the handlebar tape:eek: get it together man:P

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Raymzor

saw a boardsie in timetrial event in limerick 2nite-you were flyin it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

Raymzor wrote: »
    saw a boardsie in timetrial event in limerick 2nite-you were flyin it.:)

that was me,
    i doubt if i was flying it,
    one of my worst times in years!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Old jersey on blonde lady between malahide and portmarnock - sighted twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Old jersey on blonde lady between malahide and portmarnock - sighted twice

Spotted what I presume is the same lady at 1115 turning right onto the coast at Sutton cross. Black Canyon - didn't shout as too much traffic around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Old jersey sighted at approx 9:15am this morning just before the summit in Howth. You had a partner sporting red tights with you. I was the new jersey heading downhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

boardsie with beard heading up Kilmashogue Lane at 12:25pm today - slight scraping sound from your front derailleur;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

boardsie with beard heading up Kilmashogue Lane at 12:25pm today - slight scraping sound from your front derailleur;)

Meself on the old hybrid, trying to figure out what ROKs climb would be like. I kind of like the loud creaks it makes as they help drown out the creaks my body makes. Really needs stripping down and re-greasing and a lot of TLC. The bike needs some attention too ;)

Advertisement