Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Think I spotted Dirk wheel sucking behind Vladimir heading towards Lambs cross this evening. Boards jersey was well hidden behind the Orwell one, only when I saw the blue PX did a realise who it was.
    Sorry for the small hello while passing guys.:o

Also spotted an old style jersey last night passing the hockey club on the Grange road around 8.30.

I wasn't drafting! I was checking out his ass.

Vlad and myself were giving Astramonti a hard time about training on his fancy wheels...did I spot some Dura Ace C50s under that titanium rig? Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Vlad and myself were giving Astramonti a hard time about training on his fancy wheels...did I spot some Dura Ace C50s under that titanium rig? Shameful.

You have to train in style.

bitch-i-am-fabulous_1336597011_epiclolcom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Think I spotted Dirk wheel sucking behind Vladimir heading towards Lambs cross this evening. Boards jersey was well hidden behind the Orwell one, only when I saw the blue PX did a realise who it was.

I believe I spotted yous heading down by the Dundrum Mental Hospital too around 7.30 last night. Boardsie jersey on a blue planet x and an orweller jersey behind.

I need to start shouting at ye :o

2nd jersey on that road in one day

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    by the Dundrum Mental Hospital

Aye, that was us alright. I was just dropping Dirk home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

New jersey, yellow Giant heading towards Clontarf from Fairview direction at 11:50 today. I hope you made the most of that tailwind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

RT66 wrote: »
    New jersey, yellow Giant heading towards Clontarf from Fairview direction at 11:50 today. I hope you made the most of that tailwind!
    That was me :) The tailwind helped me get to Howth, but it didn't help me climb it very quickly... *cough*12:21*cough*... I'll blame the wind >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

south circular road, kilmainham end, 9.35 this morning. boards beep delivered, by Octavia with bike rack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Black and pink jersey spotted hammering up kilakee at around 10:20. Gave a quick 'hey boardsie'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

kenmc wrote: »
    south circular road, kilmainham end, 9.35 this morning. boards beep delivered, by Octavia with bike rack
    Hmmzis wrote: »
    Black and pink jersey spotted hammering up kilakee at around 10:20. Gave a quick 'hey boardsie'.
    Both me, bumped into loads of people today! Another group on way from Glencree to Sally Gap - possibly the "people to cycle with" gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I wasn't drafting! I was checking out his ass.

I'd be worried if another dude was that close to my ass.:D

Yeah,out training on the bling bike but my sportive was out of action due to the cracked seat post and was awaiting replacement parts. True story.:p

Anyway,good to see you back on Irish roads.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

g0g wrote: »
    Both me, bumped into loads of people today! Another group on way from Glencree to Sally Gap - possibly the "people to cycle with" gang?

Yea that was us, think a couple of us gave you a call but you just left me for dust........ I hate the hills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

New jersey, black planetX, Sidi's kindly towed me on my pompetamine along the canal this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Gavin wrote: »
    New jersey, black planetX, Sidi's kindly towed me on my pompetamine along the canal this evening.

Sounds like Daragh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

colm_gti wrote: »
    Sounds like Daragh?

Looks like him on Strava alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

'twas me. Nice bike Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

New jersey with team sky shorts about 5 mins ago on Hume Street. Looked like you might have been on a white focus?

cython wrote: »
    New jersey with team sky shorts about 5 mins ago on Hume Street. Looked like you might have been on a white focus?

It's a Ridley :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Boardsie spotted in swords this morning heading to the club spin. Not in a boards jersey mind! Greenmat it was munching on a banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Boardsie sighted coming out of the pheonix park mount sackville exit today (Sunday), not sure what time, between 11-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Brace of Boardsies

Saturday - Old jersey on yellow giant in Malahide around 1300. Another but new jersey at 1500 at the cricket club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Saturday - Old jersey on yellow giant in Malahide around 1300.
    Sounds like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

Redmond101 wrote: »
    Boardsie sighted coming out of the pheonix park mount sackville exit today (Sunday), not sure what time, between 11-12

Probably me

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Brace of Boardsies

Saturday - Old jersey on yellow giant in Malahide around 1300..
    Sounds like me :)

Saw this too, he was heading towards Old Yellow walls road on Sea road as we were going the opposite way.

Brace of Boardsies
    Another but new jersey at 1500 at the cricket club.

Guilty! That was my 1st spin in the new kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Boardsie spotted at 10:40 this morning by the lights on the way in to Harold's Cross. I said hi, seemed like a man in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Boardsie in full kit turning left in Enniskerry coming from Glencree and heading to the scalp. About 6ish this evening

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Boardsie in new gear coming down from Wicklow gap from Laragh direction about 2pm yesterday. I was in same gear huffing and puffing my way up hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

smacl wrote: »
    Boardsie in new gear coming down from Wicklow gap from Laragh direction about 2pm yesterday. I was in same gear huffing and puffing my way up hill.

That was me, first time spotted :D

I was huffing and puffing coming up the other side too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

This morning (about 0840) between Duleek and Drogheda (heading towards Drogheda).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

New kit passed me a pace going up the Military road at 6:30 just after the viewing point (the shame!). Another, or possibly the same, going the other direction a bit further along. Loads of bikes going up and down to the sally gap tonight, they should really turn the Military road into the Dublin/Wicklow green way ;)

Advertisement