Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Spotted RT66(?) between Portmarnock and Baldoyle this morning 08.30 ish. Looking well and in command of the road with a tail of cars behind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Could have been me legging it home for chauffeuring duties...

Longish greyish hair? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Spotted RT66(?) between Portmarnock and Baldoyle this morning 08.30 ish. Looking well and in command of the road with a tail of cars behind you...

That was me alright. How is it I never notice these tailbacks I'm causing? Maybe I need mirrors...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

This morning at about 9:08am, stopped at the lights at the Leeson st corner of the green.... Black shorts(or tights)... I was cycling towards you from Earlsfort terrace on a white Giant. Was on my way to college to an exam so was in my own world and forgot to say hello or even shout "boardsie":)

Lovely morning to be out... was very jealous... a few seconds before hand I entered the sunlight and thought it would be a lovely morning for a spin! Hope you enjoyed!

johnk123 wrote: »
    This morning at about 9:08am, stopped at the lights at the Leeson st corner of the green.... Black shorts(or tights)... I was cycling towards you from Earlsfort terrace on a white Giant. Was on my way to college to an exam so was in my own world and forgot to say hello or even shout "boardsie":)

Lovely morning to be out... was very jealous... a few seconds before hand I entered the sunlight and thought it would be a lovely morning for a spin! Hope you enjoyed!

Me again. Enjoy? If only. 3 minutes later I was in work. :(
    I'm looking longingly out the window at all that sunny goodness at the moment. Real exam weather (good luck with that).

Still...stopped at the lights, eh? I'm well-behaved so I am. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Very well behaved indeed! Although, breaking those lights would be suicide at times!

I'm beginning to wish I bought some boards kit! Although I'd prob end up making pointless journeys during rush hour and then spend half the day on boards checking if anyone saw me!

buffalo wrote: »
    Longish greyish hair? :)

I prefer the term 'Silver fox'... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Boardsie spotted in the wild on a white Ridley on Westland Row this morning at 9-ish.

check_six wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted in the wild on a white Ridley on Westland Row this morning at 9-ish.

That'll be me too. Did you see me stopping for the red light at the Fenian St end? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

RT66 wrote: »
    That'll be me too. Did you see me stopping for the red light at the Fenian St end? :D

Is my answer legally binding, your honour?

I only spotted you at the Pearse St end so I would not not like to perjure myself. Also, my own interpretation of the signals coming from Lincoln St direction on to Fenian St are slightly questionable (ie. the world's straightest U-turn across Westland Row), so my judgement on that junction is skewed anyway. I'm sure you complied with all applicable statutes, regulations, and byelaws.

You must be heading for some kind of record with the number of sightings you accumulated this morning.

• Advertisement

check_six wrote: »
    You must be heading for some kind of record with the number of sightings you accumulated this morning.

For a short spin perhaps, but I think Mr. Daly holds the record for his recent epic 7+ hours spin out around NCD & Meath.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RT66 wrote: »
    :pac:

You again!

There needs to be a RT66 Sightings thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

it wasnt that sunny today trust ne was enough rian to keep anyone moist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Old Jersey at the hippy cafe this afternoon, heading off in the Wicklow gap direction as I was having my coffee. Would've wandered over and said hi, but only recognised that it was boards kit as you were heading off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

johnk123 wrote: »
    Although I'd prob end up making pointless journeys during rush hour and then spend half the day on boards checking if anyone saw me!

Its been hard to resist playing that game myself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Driving down Sundays well saw a guy @ 4.05 pushing he's bike up Sundays wearing Boards jersey, Hope your bike is ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Watched some fool in an old jersey at the tour de cure all day in front of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

dvntie wrote: »

how was he a fool ?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Cork24 wrote: »
    dvntie wrote: »

how was he a fool ?
    Cos that's what he calls himself on here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Could have been me legging it home for chauffeuring duties...

The ubiquitous Cdaly_ coming off the Portmarnock roundabout heading for Baldoyle last evening around 1830. That's almost a week since the last sighting. Have you been hiding somewhere?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

The ubiquitous Cdaly_ coming off the Portmarnock roundabout heading for Baldoyle last evening around 1830. That's almost a week since the last sighting. Have you been hiding somewhere?:D

Sorry, should've posted earlier, think i saw him getting blown home along the clontarf cycle track on monday around 6.15 , (with a boards jersey & tri bars)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted boards jersey outside malahide garda station heading towards portmarnock at 1020 this morning. Gave you a shout.

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted boards jersey outside malahide garda station heading towards portmarnock at 1020 this morning. Gave you a shout.

Can't have been me. By 10.20 this morning I was halfway to Balrothery for a few intervals up to Ardgillan followed by a spin through Naul followed by a gorgeous scone and Earl Grey at the Grange cafe before heading on to work...

About 85k in total.

Guilty! Didn't hear a shout, but that's not unusual because I'm always muttering to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Saw one on Abbey street this morning turning left into Irish Life at about 8:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Spotted and said hi to an old jersey passing by ballinastoe on Wednesday around 5:30 or so. I was going mtbing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Saw one on Abbey street this morning turning left into Irish Life at about 8:40.

Probably me

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

This morning I got a tow of a boardsie from Rush to Lusk. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

This morning I got a tow of a boardsie from Rush to Lusk. Thanks

Were you on a black Planet X?

Think that might have been me again if it was - I didn't even realise you were there until I looked over my shoulder to make the turn at the roundabout at Lusk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

South Great Georges St
    6pm ish

Charge Bike

Advertisement