Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

New jersey by 2 cycling in opposite directions up the Acres road in the Phoenix Park just before 8 this evening, one bearded chappie and one not bearded chappie. Think you gave each other a shout. Was going to shout at yee but was with the running club and don't want them stalking me on here. :D

Was running down towards St. Mary's on the opposite side to where the race was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Saw one guy in boards jersey and other wearing boards shorts in a group of three yesterday heading towards Enniskerry from the city around 1900.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

New jersey by 2 cycling in opposite directions up the Acres road in the Phoenix Park just before 8 this evening, one bearded chappie and one not bearded chappie. Think you gave each other a shout. Was going to shout at yee but was with the running club and don't want them stalking me on here. :D

Was running down towards St. Mary's on the opposite side to where the race was on.

That was me not bearded. Had great fun zipping around the Dublin Staff Relay run course shouting support at my colleagues. Met caroline_ie and a bearded boardsie (twice) and got a shout from one of the competitors...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭buckeye89

When will there be an order put in for boards.ie jerseys and shorts? As im interested in getting some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

New type jersey 10am this morning on the Platin Rd heading from Drogheda towards Duleek.
    I beeped, you waved. :)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

furiousox wrote: »
    New type jersey 10am this morning on the Platin Rd heading from Drogheda towards Duleek.
    I beeped, you waved. :)

That was me, heading to Trim. Great day for it.

drogdub wrote: »
    That was me, heading to Trim. Great day for it.

Yup..I was v jealous! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Who did I pass the far side of Sallygap - heading toward Glenmacnass. Sat at the side of the road with lady friend. :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

T'was myself and my big sister munching flapjacks and planning some blueberry picking in the autumn. I heard a 'hi boardsie' as you sped by in your old boards kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

Past loads of boardsies this morning mixture of in boards jersey or other one. Think you must all have been doing that Mick Byrne cycle? I had come down from Sally Gap and was going along Djouce as I passed most of you/them. What a day for a cycle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gave a couple of bips as I passed who I think was DirkVoodoo climbing Ballinascorney around 4:20

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Beardie boardsie yesterday heading south on the Military Road towards the Sally Gap. I was heading in the opposite direction into a very brisk wind. Fantastic day.

Past a girl in a new boardie jersey on my way to Sally. Gave a nod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Who is Sally and why do you assume we know which one of whom you speak?!?

Probably myself. Someone else caught me coughing my lungs up napping just before cruagh. Overtook him passing Cruagh but he took me again as I admired the view on the way up to Glendalough. Whoever you are I think I nearly caught ya again climbing Sally but I lost you on the flat and downhills. :D

Sore arms tonight from that sun. So many short stop offs today. Just kept wanting to get off and stare into the distance. The hills are so much prettier on days like today, like a completely different world to the area thats normally bathed in hail, rain and wind.

Probably myself. Someone else caught me coughing my lungs up napping just before cruagh. Overtook him passing Cruagh but he took me again as I admired the view on the way up to Glendalough. Whoever you are I think I nearly caught ya again climbing Sally but I lost you on the flat and downhills. :D

Sore arms tonight from that sun. So many short stop offs today. Just kept wanting to get off and stare into the distance. The hills are so much prettier on days like today, like a completely different world to the area thats normally bathed in hail, rain and wind.

I was coming the opposite direction so didn't actually overtake you. In a UCD jersey with another guy between Glenmacnass and the Sally Gap.

In a UCD jersey with another guy between Glenmacnass and the Sally Gap.

Definitely me so I remember the UCD jersey. It always feels great to be going downhill when you see other people going up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

New jersey on a giant passing Portobello Bridge along the canal in Harolds X direction @ 17.50 today

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

New jersey grange road, heading up Marlay park direction at around 5:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly being spotted on the Clontarf cycle track, or daragh on the Rock Rd. etc, etc, etc, so I think it's time for a bit more ambition among Boardsies.

With so many big events coming up, Euro's, TDF, Olympic Games, etc. who's going to be spotted in the jersey at one of them?

IIRC we had one of our (senior) mods spotted down under with the Ashes, so come on people, let's aim for that standard of greatness.

Any other suggestions welcome. Cover of Hello magazine perhaps?

Edit: Of course, no offence intended towards cdaly or daragh!!!!

• Advertisement

jimm wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly being spotted on the Clontarf cycle track, or daragh on the Rock Rd. etc, etc, etc, so I think it's time for a bit more ambition among Boardsies.
    With so many big events coming up, Euro's, TDF, Olympic Games, etc. who's going to be spotted in the jersey at one of them?
    IIRC we had one of our (senior) mods spotted down under with the Ashes, so come on people, let's aim for that standard of greatness.
    Any other suggestions welcome. Cover of Hello magazine perhaps?

Good idea!
    Q music magazine used to have something similar where readers would send in photos of themselves reading the magazine in unusual or exotic locations.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly

:eek:

*weeps quietly in corner ("my public hates me!...")*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly

:eek

*weeps quietly in corner ("my public hates me!...")*

It's not just you. He has the hump with me since I slagged off his hairy legs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's not just you. He has the hump with me since I slagged off his hairy legs. :)

I can assure you, they'll be shaved or Veet'd for the W200 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I can assure you, they'll be shaved or Veet'd for the W200 :)

Be careful. The hair may be the source of your power.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Saw a new jersey on the way out by booterstown on a hybrid about half 6 this evening any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted "one of your boards friends" in a new jersey heading towards Seabury in Malahide at the traffic lights at the end of yellow walls. Time 1555

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted "one of your boards friends" in a new jersey heading towards Seabury in Malahide at the traffic lights at the end of yellow walls. Time 1555
    That'll have been me, probably. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Think I'll give mine it's first outing this year at the Tour of Louth tomorrow ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

RT66 wrote: »
    That'll have been me, probably. :)

Must have been yourself I spotted coming towards the portmarnock roundabout from Howth, only realised the boards jersey after you passed.

Advertisement