Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Old Jersey in Glendalough Green @ 2.20

Too busy getting soup into me to say anything to you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

New jersey & bib tights (maybe shorts with leggings) going over feathered back to Dublin. You stopped at the top and then flew past me soon after.

Nice looking white Planet X. Think you said something going past but I was a whole new world of pain (and cold after the hail stones)

You could have been telling me the 3rd secret of Fatima & I wouldn't have noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Old Jersey in Glendalough Green @ 2.20

Too busy getting soup into me to say anything to you.:)

That was me. Were you sitting at that counter thingy just to the right of the serving area (as all the tables were taken) in short sleeves?

Lot of motorbikers in there today, I thought they all went to Lynhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Yip that was me. Only the second time in the hills around there. I was wrecked and didnt even notice you in there until you were leaving.
    jimm wrote: »
    That was me. Were you sitting at that counter thingy just to the right of the serving area (as all the tables were taken) in short sleeves?

Lot of motorbikers in there today, I thought they all went to Lynhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Leroy42 wrote: »
    New jersey & bib tights (maybe shorts with leggings) going over feathered back to Dublin. You stopped at the top and then flew past me soon after.

Nice looking white Planet X. Think you said something going past but I was a whole new world of pain (and cold after the hail stones)

You could have been telling me the 3rd secret of Fatima & I wouldn't have noticed!

That was me and actually that's the old design jersey :D I got hail stones on my way up to glencree, not fun..

• Advertisement

Old jersey this morning at around 8:15am along the Grand Canal at Portobello, blondy hair and a facemask type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Dónal wrote: »
    Old jersey this morning at around 8:15am along the Grand Canal at Portobello, blondy hair and a facemask type thing.

Sounds like she is everywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 silentfox

A guy with the jersey passed me on a hill in the pheonix park last thursday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Celbridge Main Street at 8am to-day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Stephen's Green at around 6:45 or a little after on Friday riding a single speed, around the Loreto school approaching the Leeson street junction. I was walking in a hurry in the opposite direction to catch a train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Spotted one on Saturday morning (8:30ish am) at Christ Church. He pulled in at Dublinia, looked like he was meeting a mate there. Me was too busy hugging the brakes on the ol' scr to give a proper shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Boardsie spotted heading South on Sandyford Road 9am yesterday (Sat). I gave a shout from my car while you were stopped at the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Spotted one on Saturday morning (8:30ish am) at Christ Church. He pulled in at Dublinia, looked like he was meeting a mate there. Me was too busy hugging the brakes on the ol' scr to give a proper shout.

That was me waiting for mvt, in one of the rare occasions I visited the north side for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Clontarf Cycle Track/Wind Tunnel this evening at 1815 or so - you passed me on Frankenbike with a guy in a yellow top behind me on a road bike. Our little train couldn't keep up with you - you were fairly flying considering the wind. Eventually you turned off at the little roundabout in Baldoyle. - still a great spin home into a strong but steady wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Today @ 16:23 heading along Griffith Ave through the junction with Drumcondra Road at Whitehall Garda Station - old style jersey..........

Mr Daly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Full boards kit spotted between portmarnock & baldoyle around 130 this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

boards shorts heading towards dalys cross, near lim citay last nite at around 6 30 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Jawgap wrote: »
    Today @ 16:23 heading along Griffith Ave through the junction with Drumcondra Road at Whitehall Garda Station - old style jersey..........

Mr Daly?

Hope you were admiring my out-of-the-saddle sprint start...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

Saw new type jersey today at 3.00 heading from Duleek direction towards Kilmoon cross.
    I was heading towards Drogheda in a white van.
    Gave you a "toot-toot".

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

furiousox wrote: »
    Saw new type jersey today at 3.00 heading from Duleek direction towards Kilmoon cross.
    I was heading towards Drogheda in a white van.
    Gave you a "toot-toot".
    I heard your friendly "toot-toot" and thought "I must check boards later" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Know it's a bit past the sighting, but spotted a jersey a the NRC during the UniChamps/Skib regatta a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember if you were there on the Saturday or the Sunday. Leaning against bike watching the finish with another cyclist. Spotted you first while carrying my boat back and again from the balcony... Never got a chance to say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Saw some boards shorts this morning at about 08:00 on Distillery Road, heading towards Ballybough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jersey this morning outside Glenmalure, near the top of what I think it Slieve Maan. Gave a beep after I passed in a black car. Same person again I think later but with a jacket on, got a nod from you when I came from the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Saw some boards shorts this morning at about 08:00 on Distillery Road, heading towards Ballybough

That would've been me on the way to do the Randonnee. Now you know where I live! ...for the rest of the month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jersey this morning outside Glenmalure, near the top of what I think it Slieve Maan. Gave a beep after I passed in a black car. Same person again I think later but with a jacket on, got a nod from you when I came from the opposite direction.

That may have been me - around 0945-1000ish? Went for a suffer out of Laragh - Sliabh Mann, Shay Elliot, Wicklow Gap ; wrecked but happy at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, it was around that time alright, it was quiet enough out there around that early on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

Spotted at least one boards old type jersey at the Sligo 160 yesterday. May have seen another one on the road in from Rosses Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

LDB wrote: »
    Saw a boards jersey this morning around 8:20 time heading towards Seville place/upper sherrif st I think (coming from N circular road)
    I noticed the speed of the person first, and then the jersey ... whoever you are you were flying!

It’s quite cool to spot the jersey out and about. Anyone else had any sightings?
    Saw 1 on North East Cycle yesterday between Lough Egish and Castleblayney.Chap with a goatee, English accent I think. He was making a brave stab at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

South-bound boardsie on a bike with tri-bars, coming down the Malahide Road at the city end just before six yesterday evening.

This feels like a missed connection ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

buffalo wrote: »
    South-bound boardsie on a bike with tri-bars, coming down the Malahide Road at the city end just before six yesterday evening.

This feels like a missed connection ad.

Could have been me legging it home for chauffeuring duties...

Advertisement