Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Seeing a lot of Meteor/Emobile and O2 unlocked handsets floating around?

Anyone get a Vodafone one that was unlocked out of the box? The vodafone ones branded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Idleater wrote: »
    Works with the Rhyme, not with the One...

Cheers thanks! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Didn't realise these had a fixed battery, but I was willing to get over it with one of those top-up things, until it someone on xda-dev reminded me that the usual first step if you root, rom and boot loop is a battery pull. Are we talking doorstop if that happens with the One X?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

dahamsta wrote: »
    Are we talking doorstop if that happens with the One X?
    Vol - and power button

That's the first resort. Battery pull is the last, and it ain't uncommon. I'm not sure I'm willing to take that risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

dahamsta wrote: »
    That's the first resort. Battery pull is the last, and it ain't uncommon. I'm not sure I'm willing to take that risk

I suppose it would eventually charge down?

I think I ended up taking the battery out almost every time I changed ROMs so it could definitely make the process more painful

TBH I haven't had to, but I haven't flashed a huge number of roms, and I reckon I've been lucky so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

hardCopy wrote: »
    I'm trying to hide my whatsapp media folder from the gallery. I've added a .nomedia file to the Whatsapp Media folder and to each of the Photos, Videos, Wallpaper folders within it but all still appear in my gallery, anybody know how to hide media?

You could install Quickpic. Its a much better gallery than the stock one and it has an option to hide certain folders.

s_carnage wrote: »
    You could install Quickpic. Its a much better gallery than the stock one and it has an option to hide certain folders.

I had quickpic on my Desire for ages but it keeps crashing in certain folders on the One X, I think it's the HD videos that throw it.

I figured out how to hide folders in the default Gallery anyway, easily done from the menu button.

I don't need to properly hide anything, just want to be able to show people pictures of machinery for work without showing off all my mates pictures from the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Fit to puke, just broke the screen on my HTC one x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

how?

Holding the power button for 10 seconds is the equivalent of a battery pull. that got me out of jail when my one x froze.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If any one needs a case, i'd recommend this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-WAVE-S-LINE-GRIP-GEL-CASE-SILICONE-CASE-COVER-STYLUS-FOR-HTC-ONE-X?item=160782567124&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7933552869966651503

The case looks and feels great on the One X. Dare I say it, it even feels more premium than the phone itself.

Edit: Before anyone asks... it covers the curved edges of the screen (Which are pretty vulnerable) and also protects the camera lens.

^Apparently my one of these was dispatched on the 24th , so just wondering if anyone that ordered them has got them yet, and if so, how long they took to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

About a week so tomorrow probably.

how?

My own stupidity, had it on the side of the couch and moved the couch out to clean behind it and it hit the ground. thoughts of how much its going to cost of fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I think we'll be seeing a lot of this. The slightly raised screen and edge to edge glass makes it really subseptable to damage.

Mine fell off my lap onto a carpeted floor and had a big crack on it when I picked it up. Had my Galaxy S2 for a year and it got much worse treatment and never a crack.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I think we'll be seeing a lot of this. The slightly raised screen and edge to edge glass makes it really subseptable to damage.

Mine fell off my lap onto a carpeted floor and had a big crack on it when I picked it up. Had my Galaxy S2 for a year and it got much worse treatment and never a crack.

Did you get it fixed ? I emailed HTC yesterday to organise pickup for repair to get it fixed as soon as possible, and ordered a hard case for it and going to be alot more careful in future, only have it 3 weeks :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear that man, I take it you do not have insurance? I do not understand people with Smartphones but not insurance. You do not notice €9 a month on top of your bill, but you certainly notice many hundreds of euro if you damage or lose it. I have had to use insurance twice in the last few years, once I was on my bike in torrential rain and it got wet and fried, the other I lost it - but both times I have a new phone in a few days for the comparatively small excess amount. Seriously people - get insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

baz8080 wrote: »
    Holding the power button for 10 seconds is the equivalent of a battery pull. that got me out of jail when my one x froze.

On the GS1 and GS2 that will cut the power if the phone freezes, but doesn't help a lot for boot loops if the loop is <10secs as you can never actually hold it for 10secs while it is on. .........now that I think of it, don't think I've ever had bootlooping on my GS2 but did have this issue with a GS1 last week and had to do battery pull

Did you get it fixed ? I emailed HTC yesterday to organise pickup for repair to get it fixed as soon as possible, and ordered a hard case for it and going to be alot more careful in future, only have it 3 weeks :(

I haven't been on to them yet but if you could let me know how much they charge you that would be great.
    Zascar wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man, I take it you do not have insurance? I do not understand people with Smartphones but not insurance. You do not notice €9 a month on top of your bill, but you certainly notice many hundreds of euro if you damage or lose it. I have had to use insurance twice in the last few years, once I was on my bike in torrential rain and it got wet and fried, the other I lost it - but both times I have a new phone in a few days for the comparatively small excess amount. Seriously people - get insurance!

I get you re the insurance but I didn't think of it. How these phone makers can get away with making phones not able to handle even the slightest wear and tear is beyond me. I've see iphones fall off peoples laps and shatter and my fall could not have been more innocious

• Advertisement

I have phone insurance with Ulster Bank but just registered the phone with them the other day but the policy does not kick in for 14 days :( so going to have to learn this lesson i suppose.

I haven't been on to them yet but if you could let me know how much they charge you that would be great.

I get you re the insurance but I didn't think of it. How these phone makers can get away with making phones not able to handle even the slightest wear and tear is beyond me. I've see iphones fall off peoples laps and shatter and my fall could not have been more innocious

Shall do, expecting it to be huge though.

So much for Gorilla Glass (TM).

Did you have it in a cover?

hardCopy wrote: »
    So much for Gorilla Glass (TM).

Did you have it in a cover?

I didnt have it in a cover. I really hate putting covers on phones as it makes them look sh1t.

Having said that, when I do get my phone fixed I might get a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I didnt have it in a cover. I really hate putting covers on phones as it makes them look sh1t.

Having said that, when I do get my phone fixed I might get a cover.

Hate covers too....unless it's a clear one and very minimal....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If any one needs a case, i'd recommend this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-WAVE-S-LINE-GRIP-GEL-CASE-SILICONE-CASE-COVER-STYLUS-FOR-HTC-ONE-X?item=160782567124&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7933552869966651503

The case looks and feels great on the One X. Dare I say it, it even feels more premium than the phone itself.

Edit: Before anyone asks... it covers the curved edges of the screen (Which are pretty vulnerable) and also protects the camera lens.
    madmoe wrote: »
    Hate covers too....unless it's a clear one and very minimal....

I would seriously recommend this. Only had it a few hours but it's look great. I was a little worried at first as I thought it might have suited a white phone better but it looks great with the grey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

tok9 wrote: »
    I would seriously recommend this. Only had it a few hours but it's look great. I was a little worried at first as I thought it might have suited a white phone better but it looks great with the grey too.

Great mate! How well is the camera lens protected? Can you post some pics ;-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

tok9 wrote: »
    I want the One X but I only want it in white. None of the 02 stores have it in white only grey, so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

I want the One X but I only want it in white. None of the 02 stores have it in white only grey, so annoying!

im living in brisbane now, trying to get a one x in black but the white one is the only one for sale in Australia at the moment !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I dropped mine from about shoulder height onto a wooden floor in the pub Saturday night but thankfully there wasn't a scratch on it. The sooner my case arrives the better though!

Advertisement