Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

lee cogley wrote: »
    does anybody know the price for the one v in ireland???
    Haven't actually seen anyone with it listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lee cogley

Haven't actually seen anyone with it listed.

thanks!! i was talking to a worker in meteor and he said they were getting it on thursday but hadn't a clue on the price just seeing if anybody else knew??

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

The one V is out on the e-mobile network , sorry cant remember the price .Came across it in Midleton yesterday. I'm on the look out for a One S myself , have been told they are out this week on meteor for 199 with a upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Is there any way to create albums in the native Gallery app? The only thing that seems to work is to use a file manager (Astro) to move all the photos related to one event to a new folder in the root of the SD card.

This surely can't be right, since the Photo Album can only be used to show "All Photos" otherwise.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Get an app called "QuickPic": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en -everyone should have this - its a way way better replacement for the stock gallery. Loads of options and just generally really nice to use.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Get an app called "QuickPic": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en -everyone should have this - its a way way better replacement for the stock gallery. Loads of options and just generally really nice to use.

I had this on my Desire but it keeps crashing on the One X for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ziggie

Have the One S a week now. Have to say it's a lovely phone, screen great and happy with battery life.
    One problem I'm having is with the LED notifications. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The option is there to set different colours but this definitively doesn't work, well only red or green.

Also I tried a couple SMS pop up apps . They start initially working fine but then, like the LED, work when they want!!!
    I have tried No Led app as well... But just can't warm to it!
    Anyone experiencing any of these problems? Or have solutions? THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Anybody have any issues when connecting to a PC? Mine shows up as a disc drive..

bleg wrote: »
    Anybody have any issues when connecting to a PC? Mine shows up as a disc drive..

That sounds right. You shouldn't need HTC sync for anything really but I think the installer is stored on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

ziggie wrote: »
    Have the One S a week now. Have to say it's a lovely phone, screen great and happy with battery life.
    One problem I'm having is with the LED notifications. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The option is there to set different colours but this definitively doesn't work, well only red or green.

Also I tried a couple SMS pop up apps . They start initially working fine but then, like the LED, work when they want!!!
    I have tried No Led app as well... But just can't warm to it!
    Anyone experiencing any of these problems? Or have solutions? THANKS

Red and Green LEDs are all there is on the One X. Miss my Blue LED from the Desire! I've not been able to get the Red LED to show on GoSMS. Only seen it while on charge. Thinking One S might be similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Go into settings and into connect to pc and you can change it.

Your pictures should be stored in DCIM\100MEDIA if you're using the standard camera app, but windows may find them automatically. Windows Media Player will put any music you sync in the correct folder, if you want to transfer manually it goes in Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ziggie

Red and Green LEDs are all there is on the One X. Miss my Blue LED from the Desire! I've not been able to get the Red LED to show on GoSMS. Only seen it while on charge. Thinking One S might be similar?[/Quote]

Same as.... I miss the blue from my Desire too!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

I have my H1X since Saturday and somehow I've already managed to scratch the camera glass... Thankfully it's not in the middle so it doesn't seem to affect picture/video quality, but I'm still super pissed. The "design" "idea" that the whole phone sits on the camera glass is nothing short of idiocy on HTC's part IMO. I'll have to take even greater care of where I put the phone down and onto what. The other thing is, I'm sooo getting that cover linked earlier, before it (inevitably) gets worse and fooks up my camera.

Guys, learn from my mistake and pay attention to how you put this thing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

BeciMester wrote: »
    I have my H1X since Saturday and somehow I've already managed to scratch the camera glass... Thankfully it's not in the middle so it doesn't seem to affect picture/video quality, but I'm still super pissed. The "design" "idea" that the whole phone sits on the camera glass is nothing short of idiocy on HTC's part IMO. I'll have to take even greater care of where I put the phone down and onto what. The other thing is, I'm sooo getting that cover linked earlier, before it (inevitably) gets worse and fooks up my camera.

Couldn't agree more on the design flaw. As I said in an earlier post, a case with lens protection is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I got mine today and i like it so far, moving from a sensation, it is going to take some time to get used to it even though it is only a tiny bit bigger it still feels massive compared to the sensation.

I think i might cut out a circle from an unused old screen protecter and place it over the camera, since i don't like using cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If any one needs a case, i'd recommend this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-WAVE-S-LINE-GRIP-GEL-CASE-SILICONE-CASE-COVER-STYLUS-FOR-HTC-ONE-X?item=160782567124&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7933552869966651503

The case looks and feels great on the One X. Dare I say it, it even feels more premium than the phone itself.

Edit: Before anyone asks... it covers the curved edges of the screen (Which are pretty vulnerable) and also protects the camera lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I shall trust your judgement and purchase this case sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

BeciMester wrote: »

So sorry to hear that mate....mine has always been on a soft surface whenever it's not in my pocket and I have been pedantic about this (much to the annoyance of my partner) but it's the only way to go.

Cheers,
    M

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-WAVE-S-LINE-GRIP-GEL-CASE-SILICONE-CASE-COVER-STYLUS-FOR-HTC-ONE-X?item=160782567124&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7933552869966651503

The case looks and feels great on the One X. Dare I say it, it even feels more premium than the phone itself.

Edit: Before anyone asks... it covers the curved edges of the screen (Which are pretty vulnerable) and also protects the camera lens.

Does it actually cover the lens with another layer of plastic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

hardCopy wrote: »

Does it actually cover the lens with another layer of plastic?
    No, it just protrudes a bit around the lens.

No, it just protrudes a bit around the lens.

I got similar from this guy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320871297106?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1948wt_972

I might try and cut a piece of screen protector to fit over the lens

Looks great! Had one like this for my Nexus and it was the first case I ever liked.... normally hate them! Now all we need is that £5 voucher from eBay again that was posted in the bargain alerts section a few weeks back!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Just bought that case PAMG. Thanks for the review.

Something I figured out today: Photos taken in burst mode are stored in DCIM\100BURST rather than 100MEDIA with other photos. Couldn't figure out why I was missing so many pics after the weekend.

Something I figured out today: Photos taken in burst mode are stored in DCIM\100BURST rather than 100MEDIA with other photos. Couldn't figure out why I was missing so many pics after the weekend.

I was wondering why there were two DCIM folders on my One X.....has anyone else spotted two folders?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I was wondering why there were two DCIM folders on my One X.....has anyone else spotted two folders?

Cheers,
    M

I have 4 within DCIM: 100ANDRO, 100BURST, 100MEDIA and Camera.

100ANDRO and Camera are both empty so far.

My One X is just gone back to HTC for repair but am 90% sure I had two DCIM folders on there.....I noticed them straight away as on the Galaxy Nexus and all other Android phones I had there was always only ever one.....

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    My One X is just gone back to HTC for repair but am 90% sure I had two DCIM folders on there.....I noticed them straight away as on the Galaxy Nexus and all other Android phones I had there was always only ever one.....

Cheers,
    M

Are they both in the root of the SD Card? It shouldn't be possible from a filesystem point of view to have two folders with identical paths.

• Advertisement

Are they both in the root of the SD Card? It shouldn't be possible from a filesystem point of view to have two folders with identical paths.

Think so, wish I had taken pic of it before sending it back...will let you know as soon as I get it back.

Advertisement