Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

As a One X owner I think your a tad deluded.

I really do think HTC cheaped out on the S with the screen. Given the price point they should have been able to source something better than a pentile qHD display. Shame as I much prefer the feel of the S.

htc-one-x-one-s-display-compare.jpg

Trigg171 wrote: »
    In settings if you go to Accounts & Sync it should be in there.

Thanks.
    With your help I found it and it was turned off. So that was not the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I am amazed at how good your battery is ktulu123 and others i just can't seem to get it to last long, but turning the wifi off does seem to help alot.

onex1.pngonex2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I really do think HTC cheaped out on the S with the screen. Given the price point they should have been able to source something better than a pentile qHD display. Shame as I much prefer the feel of the S.

Well we don't look at our phones with microscopes all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

I only got the OTA update yesterday but since I got it I've noticed that wifi is turning off after the phone has been asleep for a while even tho I have it set to saty on when asleep.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well we don't look at our phones with microscopes all the time :)

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't get this 'screen envy' thing - any of the screens on the top phones are all really good imo, the minuscule differences between them as they get better each time are just not a motivating factor to me. It's like every time a new tv technology comes out and people think it's jaw droopingly awesome leaving the previously fantastic model totally rubbish in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Its a standard used by heart rate sensors - for example used by Garmin GPS watches etc etc. Some phones have it some don't. If not you can use bluetooth ones but they are supposed to suck and are more expensive. I want to use a heart rate sensor with My Tracks. Getting an ANT compatible phone seems more economical than giving Garmin like 300 EURO for something that replicates the functionality of my phone.

Anyhow if the One had one might persuade me to buy

Just spotted that the Sony Xperia S has an ANT sensor thingy in it (still dont know what it is used for but hey it has one anyway)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thinking of getting the One X today, but a little worried about the battery life. I've never had a smartphone (stuck with a work BlackBerry), but is it normal that they have such limited battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kiith wrote: »
    Thinking of getting the One X today, but a little worried about the battery life. I've never had a smartphone (stuck with a work BlackBerry), but is it normal that they have such limited battery?

Yep. Though they get better with (correct) usage.

Also, wait and see what Samsung have lined up with the S3.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If you are used to a Blackberry then you will be shocked by one of these, I had a blackberry for a while and was amazed how long the battery lasted - days and days and days! If my HTC battery is fully charged in the morning, it may be dead by 9-10pm if I've used it a lot, so e.g. if you are going out on a friday night you will want to make sure to top it up during the day just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Blackberry does have a pretty good battery...but that's about it though. I'd happily take the features of a smartphone over the battery of the blackberry. I'm happy to charge it every night, just don't want to be running out of battery by 6pm every day.

Regarding the S3, i know there's an announcement due soon, but it'll still be a few months before it's available right? I'm really sick of the bb, so i'm not sure if i can wait. The One X seems to be getting great reviews as well, so i think i'll just go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just to make sure I can always charge I have now ordered a car holder and desktop dock from here.. (plus a cover):)
    http://www.obostore.com/-Discount-for-htc-one-x_c220.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Kiith wrote: »
    ..... I'm happy to charge it every night, just don't want to be running out of battery by 6pm every day.
    ...The One X seems to be getting great reviews as well, so i think i'll just go with that.
    If you're happy to charge it every night then you'll be fine battery wise with normal usage. With extra heavy usage or long flights or whatever you could always invest in an external charger/battery pack (like this from amazon) or consider a different handset, one with a replaceable battery - to swap in a fully charged spare. That said I think the One X has more than ample battery life given the speed of the device and the fantastic screen. I bought a second charger so one for work, one for home.

In terms of review the Endgadget one is worth a read. Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Just spotted that the Sony Xperia S has an ANT sensor thingy in it (still dont know what it is used for but hey it has one anyway)

Cheers but I wouldn't get a Sony :)

You go running or whatever, you wear a heart rate monitor around your chest that measures your heart beat. These usually use a protocol called ANT+ to communicate with a gps watch ($$$). If you have an ANT+ compatible phone you don't need to shell out on a watch. There are bluetooth alternatives that will work with any phone but they are expensive, they suck for some technical reason to do with the sensor tech, and they kill your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

tui0hcg wrote: »

Cheers but I wouldn't get a Sony :)
    From the ant radio service app in the market, it lists the HTC rhyme as being compatible with ant + .
    The OH has one so I can try it when I get back from racing later. The service installs on my One but I've nothing to test it with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Idleater wrote: »
    From the ant radio service app in the market, it lists the HTC rhyme as being compatible with ant + .
    The OH has one so I can try it when I get back from racing later. The service installs on my One but I've nothing to test it with me.

Oh cool cheers do let me know :) Try it with the One!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

How is the phone reception with the HTC One X?

Have the desire HD and reception in areas with reception that is not great is terrible, other phones seem far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm trying to hide my whatsapp media folder from the gallery. I've added a .nomedia file to the Whatsapp Media folder and to each of the Photos, Videos, Wallpaper folders within it but all still appear in my gallery, anybody know how to hide media?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

ANT Radio is just a background service for use by other programs. Garmin Fit doesn't seem to do anything with it, I've installed Endomondo to test but scanning for devices just brings up a Bluetooth scan dialogue.

Still in work now but will see if I can pick up my HR strap later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As a One X owner I think your a tad deluded.

Nope, just have eyes. Fairly obvious from looking at them side by side. The S had much darker blacks and was definitely better looking. Not the best image but this is a side by side on the same brightness level with the same wallpaper. All settings are default.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Do yea get a pair of beats earphones in the box with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The blacks are slightly darker but the colours on the S look dull in comparison to the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The S does look pretty washed out. Blacks were always gonna be darker but thats it really

Lenny wrote: »
    Do yea get a pair of beats earphones in the box with the phone?

No, only Vodafone have free Beats with the One X, I don't know if they come with the One S.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

chrislad wrote: »
    No, only Vodafone have free Beats with the One X, I don't know if they come with the One S.

ah thats pants still temped to get the one x on meteor, would of pushed me right in to get it if they did

ah thats pants still temped to get the one x on meteor, would of pushed me right in to get it if they did

I know. I was disappointed as no way am I spending 100€ plus on headphones!

I thought I had read that they did give them away with the phone, but htc said they will not give them away with any other release(other than one x) due to the cost
    you could always get them for a little over 50e off ebay...
    They could be fake though..

I thought I had read that they did give them away with the phone, but htc said they will not give them away with any other release(other than one x) due to the cost
    you could always get them for a little over 50e off ebay...
    They could be fake though..

I am not that into music that I would spend more than 20€ on headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hi guys, just a question from someone who wouldn't really be up to speed with the current market.

I'm offered an upgrade on Meteor and am given the choice of any phone really so am guessing the one x or the Galaxy note will be my best options for a profit sell on. I have a sensation which i'm fairly happy with, so will probably sell the upgrade. Which phone is fetching the most on the market, and would something as trivial as picking white over black in colour have a difference?

I'm not in total need of the cash so am wondering how much of an upgrade is the one x over the sensation? I'd be open to selling the sensation and keeping the one x if the difference was huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Idleater wrote: »

Works with the Rhyme, not with the One...

Advertisement