Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Week on the dot
    Hopefully tomorrow so. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So guys any further reports on battery now that many of you have had it for a few weeks? How does it compare to your previous phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Well yesterday I had 3G on all day, used Whatsapp a fair bit, made a couple of short calls, few texts, bit of web browsing, normal day of use really.

Took it off charge round 8am, put it back on charge today at 12PM, with 10% battery left. (Forgot to take a screen shot) :(

Quite happy with that! Would be the norm for me atm, tend to put it on charge over night though, so usually round 30-40% battery when it goes on charge.

Seems as good as my original Desire! (One X btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hopefully tomorrow so. :)
    Lol, as soon as I clicked the post quick reply button the case was dropped down to my desk at work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How long did it take for ye to receive this case after it was dispatched?

Mine was dispatched Wednesday 25th April but still no sign. Hope it arrives soon, all the reviews are very positve.

Has your payment gone through? I think my payment went through Tuesday or Wednesday and I received it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

tok9 wrote: »
    Has your payment gone through? I think my payment went through Tuesday or Wednesday and I received it yesterday.

Look directly above your post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

just got an update what exactly is new

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

just got an update what exactly is new
    1.29 or 1.28?

Check your software version.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Another big +1 for that case, ordered 24/04, got it yesterday so a week on the dot as was mentioned. I'm just amazed how great it turned out, and I'm one of those who hate cases. :D It seems a screen protector is a must as I have 2 scratches on my screen already, so an InvisibleShield is on the way as well. I had that on the Desire and worked out exceptionally good, I loved it. As was said above: so much for the famous Gorilla Glass...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just got 1.28.771.9 for my 3 branded HOX, think its the update HTC sent out a couple of weeks ago. Seems 3 are getting faster at sending out updates which is good :)

I see the unbranded HOX is getting 1.29. Anyone know what the fixes on it are?

• Advertisement

Look directly above your post :pac:

Bit late I see. :(

Also on the battery, It's been great for me but I'm never too far away from a plug so I'm not worried about it.

The most I've used it for without charging was 1 day and 15 hours but I probably could have got a good few more hours because it still had 10%.

I'm aiming for that 4 days the other user posted here, just to see if it can last that long since I'll be heading to the Euros and probably won't be able to charge for at least 2 days.

Looks like I started a trend with my choice of case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I purchased the same case last week on your recommendation PAMG. It arrived yesterday and it is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 redhomey

lafors wrote: »
    I see the unbranded HOX is getting 1.29. Anyone know what the fixes on it are?

from the net:
    1.29.401.7 (Unofficial changelog)
    - New HBOOT 0.94;
    - New RADIO 1.26.401.2;
    - Fixed HTC Sense Calendar widget crashing;
    - Fixed HTC Calendar double dates bug;
    - Fixed HTC Sense crashing;
    - Fixed Screen glitches;
    - Improved Tegra 3 gaming;
    - Improved HTC Gallery playback;
    - Improved ICS detection, dots removed in YouTube app;
    - Improved Beats audio, no more skipping;
    - Improved non-Sense widget scrolling
    - Improved HTC Teeter gaming;
    - Improved overall speed.

Anyone in Ireland got this update? What carrier etc.?

I'm hoping that it will fix the backlight flickering problem that I posted about here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056625366

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm still on 1.28.401.9, with 3. No updates available for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Got my One x yesterday. Sim free from amazon. Got the update as soon as the phone connected to my wifi.

Had to perform surgery on my mini sim to make it fit in the micro sim tray, but it fits perfectly now with no movement.

First impressions are just ...WOW! :eek:

I'll post a screenshot of the power usage once it gets down low for comparison sake later.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Zascar wrote: »
    So guys any further reports on battery now that many of you have had it for a few weeks? How does it compare to your previous phone?

Hi Zascar, my One X compares well with my HTC Desire. It took a couple of weeks to settle down...but now happily keeps charge for a day+. I don't make a bundle of calls, but would have a fair old bit of internet usage, browsing, whatsapp, cabbage etc. etc.

It's a great phone - it took a while to get used to holding it in my hand, as the size is so much bigger than the Desire. I now find my wife's Desire to be miniscule:-) The size of the One X is "just right". Interestingly, it is so slim that I have to root around my pocket sometimes to dig it out. It just sits there unobtrusively.

In short, buy one:-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks guys. Funny I had a desire and I found the battery to be atrocious. I have the Sensation now and although it's still rubbish, its way better than the Desire. Maybe it was just me but I really hope the One X is better!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Well I have my One X updated to the 1.29 firmware and there is a further improvement to the battery life. But even with 1.28 I was easily getting a day out of it and since I'm never really far from a charger that was fine for me. IMO its standby battery use is fantastic. Now bare in mind I use juice defender on this phone but on a typical night when I'm asleep for 8-9 hours my phone uses in between 2-3% battery which I think is fantastic. Understandably screen on and usuage does the main damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Trigg171 wrote: »
    But even with 1.28 I was easily getting a day out of it.

I agree, the initial version gave battery performance consistent with my previous HTC Desire. The new upgrade allows me to run on a full charge right through the day and night and up to around lunch the next day. I browse a fair bit, talk a little and text some too. I also use the GPS system for a few minutes most days.

Warning, the first upgrade caused Sense to get unstable and it crashed a few times on me since then. I note that the latest upgrade claims to fix some instabilities.

All-in-all, a superb phone - especially if you avoid getting it through a telco.

For people who received the latest update, what network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

I'm on eMobile however I installed the latest firmware through the Android Revolution rom, I have no idea if its available as an OTA update yet but eMobile we're pretty quick with the 1.28 update.

Unless you've got a branded phone, your network has nothing whatsoever to do with the OTA.

Oh.. I'll look for it again later so.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    I'll post a screenshot of the power usage once it gets down low for comparison sake later.

Still goin... It's been off charge for 1day 8hrs 40mins and has 26% battery left. :D Moderate usage too.

As promised, I'll post a screenshot later before I plug my charger in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm at 68% after 21 hours. That's with Wifi on the whole time, moderate usage. Definitely the best battery life I've had on a smartphone.

Is there an app for posting screenshots or how does that work?

Guys out of interest has anyone here got a One X in white from any of the networks? O2 seem to only have it in black, I want it in white but can't wait forever. Have the other networks got it in white or is it only white sim free etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I got it from E-mobile in white...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Well I have my One X updated to the 1.29 firmware and there is a further improvement to the battery life. But even with 1.28 I was easily getting a day out of it and since I'm never really far from a charger that was fine for me. IMO its standby battery use is fantastic. Now bare in mind I use juice defender on this phone but on a typical night when I'm asleep for 8-9 hours my phone uses in between 2-3% battery which I think is fantastic. Understandably screen on and usuage does the main damage.

hold up. ther eis a new 1.29 update for the One X? i have an unbranded one X and there is no update thats been pushed on it yet

Advertisement