Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

that adopted Romanian lad was on the Radio a few months ago. Can't remember if it was Mooney, Liveline or some other show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Liveline ran it, and you're right, it was hardly a few months back.

RTE producers working flat out on new stories as always :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did the "Georges" steal the children?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Testing the baby for HIV? I'm assuming then, that they wouldn't have adopted Brian if he had been HIV positive..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cock infested:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

sudzs wrote: »
    Testing the baby for HIV? I'm assuming then, that they wouldn't have adopted Brian if he had been HIV positive..... :(

Anyone who did would deserve to be canonised, for sure. Not many people would be able to take on something like that; a baby that might only have a few years in the world. I don't think I could do it. I'm thankful that I've three healthy kids of my own; it must be an awful wrench to have to give up a kid for adoption (even if you know they'd have the chance for a better life).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

that adopted Romanian lad was on the Radio a few months ago. Can't remember if it was Mooney, Liveline or some other show.

I remember that but I think it was a different case. That other guy had an adopted sister living in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fintan21

syklops wrote: »
    Would he not rather keep the memory of the small thin blonde. Because 36 years later she is probably a lot different.
    How did this story end? ie American truck driver wanting to get in contact with girl he met in Dublin 36 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fintan21 wrote: »
    How did this story end? ie American truck driver wanting to get in contact with girl he met in Dublin 36 years ago.

AFAIK it didn't. No-one rang in to say it was them or they were inundated with calls and no way of verifying any of them or the girl/woman in question rang in and said she didn't want to get in contact with him again and didn't want to hear anymore. Or someone rang in and said she is dead.

The list is endless. A good presenter would return to the subject. Instead Mooney has a head like a goldfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Obair979

Mooney is as boring and posh as hell. I hate him, I never watch him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

"jackdaws are the most intelligent bird" compared to Brek they are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Derek Mooney, along with Joe Duffy, must have the biggest egos on irish radio.

The topics they cover are nearly always subjects they themselves are interested in. We are all aware of Duffy's pet projects over the last couple of years and the big stories that are regularly ignored. But in my opinion, Mooney is even more guilty of covering subjects HE is interested in, resulting in simply SELFISH radio.

Birds and eurovision. That makes up 80% of Mooney's show. Moncrief will cover anything under the sun and this is why is show is vastly superior in every way. And I'm sure the foghorn was stuck with Mooney as noone else would have her. I hate this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

he is a pure egotist with his constant pushing of Brand Mooney - The Mooney Show, Mooney Tunes, Mooney Goes Wild, Mooney Cam. You'd swear he was the only one on the show, yet he subcontracts large parts of the work to an array of 'experts' who do the actual research into stuff he is supposedly passionate about. He is a lazy and conceited man. Yesterday he thought that the reporter doing the sports bulletin (Darragh?) was just another of his lucky guests, so he kept interrupting him with questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Not the same lad.

I can very well imagine Brek baytin' her way through 20 teenagers to get a picture of her and Bressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ugh O'Donoghue

Fair play to your man, sounds like an interesting game, if only Mooney would stop interrupting him. I'll check out Dragons' Den on the RTE Player tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Yakuza wrote: »
    Fair play to your man, sounds like an interesting game, if only Mooney would stop interrupting him. I'll check out Dragons' Den on the RTE Player tonight.

I was interested in hearing more about this guy and his game so stayed tuned to Mooney. What a mistake!

Had to switch over to another station, because tbh, he (Mooney) could only concentrate on calling the guy "crazy for giving away 40% of his company" for €50,000 worth of investment, or repeatedly shreiking "are you mad" at someone who did something off his own bat, unlike anything that Eurovision-Jedward loving muppet will ever achieve.

When the game inventor justified this by saying that the investor (Dragon) had marketing experience and would be able to get the product into stores, and that his business background would be an invaluable asset in developing the product, Mooney reacted again with shock. The concept behind Dragon's Den clearly seemed way over his head.

Is Mooney so naive as to think you can walk into a store and expect to have your product put up on a shelf there and then? He may well have lavished praise on the guy later on, but I was just out of there having heard enough, will have a look at the TV programme segment later.

Sounds like a winner and best of luck to him with it.

Quite clear that Mooney doesn't have to rely on his own initiative to make a living, one can only guess how fortunate he was to end up in that Fantasyworld called RTE :rolleyes:.

How he deems himself fit to comment on those who can develop a product from a thought right through to development and manufacture defies belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Amazing discussion there.. Brenda puts forward the thought that maybe Ian Dury invented rap, Olan McGowan (expert on fkn everything) says no... You wouldnt get this quality of conversation outside of say, a laundrette..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

The chess one is either a busty eccentric or a busty drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Marty Morrissey on with Derek...

what's behind this outing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I mistook her for Mary Byrne. The item on the Rescue Dog guy could be good, his book was very intersesting.

my friend wrote: »
    Marty Morrissey on with Derek...

what's behind this outing?

Marty 'loves musicals' who'd have guessed ;)

Susan may have been deprived of oxygen at birth but she certainly wasn't deprived of burgers in life...

I feel very sorry for Susan Boyle. She wasn't prepared for being an over night sensation and due to all the weirdos out there not being able to know who to trust afterwards.

Really milking the cash cow by having a musical about her.

my friend wrote: »
    Marty 'loves musicals' who'd have guessed ;)

I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that bombshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that bombshell.
    He is not a "confirmed bachelor".

He is actually a bit of a stud as far as I know.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He is not a "confirmed bachelor".

He is actually a bit of a stud as far as I know.

define stud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"when she came out on stage and nobody was expecting it"...

Is Mooney really that naive? NOBODY on Simon Cowell's staff, including Newcastle's Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, were UNAWARE of the fact that she was a good singer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

define stud?

Ladies man according to the grape vine, but if you have evidence to the contrary I am all ears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement