Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is anyone else sick of hearing about the Titanic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Maybe derek money can get the titanic rebuilt with himself as the captain , brek as well anything and jedw***ers as the band. Have a re enactment of the tragic event but at least we can make sure no one turns up to rescue them "!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Owryan wrote: »
    Maybe derek money can get the titanic rebuilt with himself as the captain , brek as well anything and jedw***ers as the band. Have a re enactment of the tragic event but at least we can make sure no one turns up to rescue them "!!!!

Mayna and Richard Collins could play Rose and Jack. I cant understand this obsession with the Titanic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mooney has a problem with pussies ?

ooh err !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

MJ23 wrote: »
    Mayna and Richard Collins could play Rose and Jack. I cant understand this obsession with the Titanic at all.

Problem is , rose survives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Hope he discusses Cherry Blossoms tomo.

From about 4.45 is how I feel about todays show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Subtly beating his gay drum again today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That American accent is so annoying. It's just as bad as 'Liberdee Insurance'. I hope Mooney isnt going to do a Moncrief on it. He's had two uninteresting Americans on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Derek and the Dubliners:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Never knew Barney and the Dubliners had done Eurovision.

(or has Derek broken his own house rule by playing a song that never made it onto the stage of the worlds greatest music-ish fest :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

A conversation about birds including their shytebags.

How appetizing

I get the feeing that mooney is going to destroy the conspiracy theories discussion

Derek Mooney will butcher this topic

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is that Mrs Browns son from Mrs Browns Boys?

"Have you ever heard of Ochams Razor?"

Derek:No.

Why does that not surprise me?

Derek Mooney will butcher this topic

Yep, already proving he's right up there with the nutjobs on this subject.

Stayed tuned in for his unique take on the moon landings, the movie "Capricorn One" being his inspiration, afaik.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

here's my rule of three (pm).

*switches radio off*.

My god.. Another one of Mooney's resident geniuses talking nonsense.. Oliver Stone ADMITS that a lot of JFK is conjecture, and some of the scenes are playing out what MAY have happened.. But the core point of his movie is that Oswald could not and did not carry the shooting..

With regard to 9/11, he focuses the entire segment on one of the very least believed theories i.e. that the planes were carrying bombs on their bellies. He could have spoken to anybody from the movement of over 1000 Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth who have done serious testing on the collapses of the three buildings.. And they have serious questions about the official 9/11 Commission Report..

And he cites a movie as an example of a conspiracy about the flouridation of water... Very poor, badly researched topic.. Olan McGowan is a poor contributor in general.

My god.. Another one of Mooney's resident geniuses talking nonsense.. Oliver Stone ADMITS that a lot of JFK is conjecture, and some of the scenes are playing out what MAY have happened.. But the core point of his movie is that Oswald could not and did not carry the shooting..

With regard to 9/11, he focuses the entire segment on one of the very least believed theories i.e. that the planes were carrying bombs on their bellies. He could have spoken to anybody from the movement of over 1000 Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth who have done serious testing on the collapses of the three buildings.. And they have serious questions about the official 9/11 Commission Report..

And he cites a movie as an example of a conspiracy about the flouridation of water... Very poor, badly researched topic.. Olan McGowan is a poor contributor in general.

Terrible segment.

Why was I ever under the impression that Derek Mooney was interested in stuff, and was actually quite smart. Was it because of Echo Island and Mooney goes wild, where, now I think of it, he was always accompanied by 'experts'.

Most of his knowledge of stuff seems to come from movies. Ochams Razor has been referenced in numerous forms in pop culture, such as Mr Spock in Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes and House MD. He must have very specific interests never to have run into it before.

As for the conspiracies, well, I missed some of it, but the 9/11 one was particularly bad. There is a lot of stuff on the internet that would make you 'hmmm'. And there is a lot of real engineers who have major issues with the report. Instead of looking at some of the conspiracy theories with anything like an open mind, they started with the moon landings were faked, and ended with the lizard people, as if to say, anyone who thinks that what the media feeds us is not entirely true, is absolutely nuts.

Rule of 3(pm), turn off Mooney? Might just do that. It wouldn't be too hard to come across as smart after the ramblings of Liveline. But oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:cool: Some of Mooneys throw away lines are so stupid I wonder if he is taking the p##s. He believes in the reptile /human genetic combination millions of years ago ( must be in touch with Tom Cruise and John Travolta )
    He had an American contributer on today who asked 'what you need in New York'
    Mooney rattles off a facetious list of smart ass answers.We just wanted the answer. Derek, get your head out of your ass and listen to your guests.

It was quite appalling really. In fact he used movie clips for all conspiracies. Apart from David Icke. As you point out it was poorly researched.

syklops wrote: »
    Terrible segment.

Why was I ever under the impression that Derek Mooney was interested in stuff, and was actually quite smart. Was it because of Echo Island and Mooney goes wild, where, now I think of it, he was always accompanied by 'experts'.

Most of his knowledge of stuff seems to come from movies. Ochams Razor has been referenced in numerous forms in pop culture, such as Mr Spock in Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes and House MD. He must have very specific interests never to have run into it before.

As for the conspiracies, well, I missed some of it, but the 9/11 one was particularly bad. There is a lot of stuff on the internet that would make you 'hmmm'. And there is a lot of real engineers who have major issues with the report. Instead of looking at some of the conspiracy theories with anything like an open mind, they started with the moon landings were faked, and ended with the lizard people, as if to say, anyone who thinks that what the media feeds us is not entirely true, is absolutely nuts.

Rule of 3(pm), turn off Mooney? Might just do that. It wouldn't be too hard to come across as smart after the ramblings of Liveline. But oh well.

The fact that a sizable chunk of Derek Mooneys show is taken up by the likes of x factor, Jedward, the eurovision and other programmes of its kind would have you believe that Derek Mooney is anything but smart.

The 9\11 "conspiracy" is not as ludicrous as this segment would have you believe. Whether you subscribe to it or not is another matter but some of the points raised by people who believe in the conspiracy are actually quite reasonable.

europa11 wrote: »
    Yep, already proving he's right up there with the nutjobs on this subject.

Stayed tuned in for his unique take on the moon landings, the movie "Capricorn One" being his inspiration, afaik.:rolleyes:

When you say nutjobs do you mean people who subscribe to these conspiracies?

The 9\11 "conspiracy" is not as ludicrous as this segment would have you believe. Whether you subscribe to it or not is another matter but some of the points raised by people who believe in the conspiracy are actually quite reasonable.

Well I think that is the problem though... every separate event is lumped in with the next one and all are labelled "conspiracy" .. And the assumption is then made that because you have a few unanswered questions about the JFK assassination, then you can extrapolate from this that you also believe that man did not land on the moon but that aliens certainly did land in Roswell...

It's kind of funny, because to believe the Warren Commission and the 9/11 Commission reports, you have to suspend the laws of physics (i.e. so that you can accept the magic bullet theory, and symmetric collapse of Building 7, respectively).. The real conspiracy is that people collaborated to force these lies on the American people ... Christ I'm starting to sound like Jim Garrison now... (or more worryingly, Jim Corr :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

A conversation about birds including their shytebags.

How appetizing

he mentions some aspect of the robins life every and folks like it. its interesting and compensates for when the show is off the wall. i would rather hear about the robins toilet habits than womens, which he also discussed and I really did not want to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Last year, Delboy Mooney sent Eric Dempsey out to a fella's house who had a nest in his back garden. It was touch and go whether the chicks would survive.

I found Eric Dempeys advice to the homeowner amusing.

homeowner: "so what do you think will happen?"

Eric Dempsey: "well you'll have to wait and Pray"

homeowner: "Pray?"

ED: "Yes, pray!"

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

When you say nutjobs do you mean people who subscribe to these conspiracies?

Not unless they subscribe blindly to all of them..... put it this way, I wouldn't deny some conspiracy theories may have an element of substance to them, for instance the Kennedy one - which in reality amounts to little more than who actually fired the shots/ordered the assassination, didn't alter the fact that he was killed. Similarly perhaps one theory doing the rounds of the 9/11 story which would make sense would be that United flight 93 was shot down by fighter jets before it could strike The White House/Capitol - something the gov't could never admit to.

However it seems Mooney wants to go down the David Icke and Jim Corr route and subscribes to all conspiracy theories, including the Reptile People, 9/11 pilotless Israeli planes hitting the Towers, the notion that tens of thousands of NASA workers, among others, managed to fake so many moon landings and who knows what else.

"Can you hear that great tit in the background, ill be quiet for a minute so you can hear it"

And Derek opens his mouth. Great tit indeed.

• Advertisement

I have a great story involving the USS Mount Whitney.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement