Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

DuckStab wrote: »
    They're taking the piss.

No sh1t.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Jesus wept!

You just HAVE to listen to todays' show intro when it comes up on the iPlayer.

He waffles on about The Georgian era........the Edwardian era..........the Elizabethan era.........

Culminates (naturally and predictably) with, vomit bags at the ready :( .....The Jedwardian era. Whatever clown wrote that deserves to fail their primary school exam when they do it in a few years time.

Seriously, a grown man obsessed by this pair of tw*ts............oh f**k this I'm worse to have left the feckin' dial unaltered ......'til now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

europa11 wrote: »
    Jesus wept!

He waffles on about The Georgian era........the Edwardian era..........the Elizabethan era.........

Culminates (naturally and predictably) with, vomit bags at the ready :( .....The Jedwardian era. Whatever clown wrote that deserves to fail their primary school exam when they do it in a few years time.

Seriously, a grown man obsessed by this pair of tw*ts............oh f**k this I'm worse to have left the feckin' dial unaltered ......'til now.
    Thank you thank you. I have not the control of the wireless dial but my good god that was epic extracting the urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

his obsession with those two lads is beyond weird, reminds me of Michael Jacksons obsession with McAuley Culkin. I hope there are no sleepovers involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

creepy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

What a noisy, messy God awful show it is today. I can't hear anything. It sounds like there is a billion voices wittering on about Jedward and Eurovision. I had to turn it off.

They're giving out about Englebert Humperdink? Class is permanent my friends and Derek, the Eurovision, despite what you might think respects class. Jedward, as musicians, have none of his class.

Jedward are children's / young teenagers' entertainers, they're good at it but that's all they are. I really wish the Mooney Show would stop holding them up to be in any way culturally significant. That intro was nauseating. If it was done in jest I wouldn't comment but it wasn't. There was a level of seriousness behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Jesus wept!

The whole of RTE seems to be obsessed with Jedward. Mooney has bent over backwards to accomodate the pair. Tubridy and Colm Hayes are equally as bad, rarely does a tubridy show pass without some mention of them, he even promoted them on BBC radio. It must be sickening for bands who are trying to get publicity to see RTE involved in such tacky fare. It will be interesting to see if Mooney will give the same amount of radio time to next year's Eurovision act.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mooney let it slip(as if it wasn't obvious enough) that jedward are good for viewing figures and good for revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Maybe if RTE presenters say Jedward often enough, people might think they are cool or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

This has to stop. Why cant Mooney obsess about those 2 weirdos on his own time? He's like a little schoolgirl sometimes. Is it true that one of the Lucan twins is gay?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

MJ23 wrote: »
    Is it true that one of the Lucan twins is gay?

Who gives a shít ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Mooney let it slip(as if it wasn't obvious enough) that jedward are good for viewing figures and good for revenue.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0322/1224313690840.html

The broadcaster has set a rate of €10,000 for a 30-second spot in the ad breaks of the final, which takes place in Baku, Azerbaijan, on May 26th.
    However, the prices will drop to €5,000 per spot if Jedward are knocked out in the midweek semi-final.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

whats that white power?

jedward5.jpg

dvcireland wrote: »
    whats that white power?

jedward5.jpg

Have to say at first it somehow reminded me of this :D

RandyMarshJizz_New_Skyrim_Trailer-s635x477-140227.jpg

:)
    Have to say at first it somehow reminded me of this :D

RandyMarshJizz_New_Skyrim_Trailer-s635x477-140227.jpg
    I heard the intro to yesterday's Eurovision Special show and I thought someone in the Mooney must be on the Peruvian Marching Powder. And Brenda's story during the week about the world's biggest Bullock, to quote made Father Ted look like a documentary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Derek not at the helm today, might be less of the mutual black-slapping perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Yakuza wrote: »
    Derek not at the helm today, might be less of the mutual black-slapping perhaps?

Tuned in late and was subjected to the unbearable Richard so quickly switched off again! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

The other day, whoever was doing the sports updates (I think it was Greg Allen) mentioned Eoin Rheinisch, who was taking part in an Olympic qualifier.

He mentioned that Rheinisch had been in first place the last time with three men to go but had finished fourth. Derek says, "What was doing?!", with the reply being "Canoe slalom," before Derek ask, "I know, but what was he *doing* to get passed out by three fellas?"

It then fell to Greg, or whoever it was, to point out that in the even the competitors take turns to complete individually, with the best time winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It'll be all about the build up to the sausagefest song contest this week. I'd say Derek is marking off the days on his Jedward calendar.

MJ23 wrote: »
    I'd say Derek is marking off the days on his Jedward calendar.

Marking with what, hmmm?

Great! Eánna is on to enthrall us with her vast knowledge of everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

With us today is Eanna and Dr Rich<click>

Have a great weekend folks.

Has the entourage begun its trek to the far hills of Baku for Sausage&songfest 2012 yet?

Apart from the two knuckleheads with the "Something About Mary" fringes, the obvious backing singers who'll actually be earning their crust and of course, our Poormans' Terry Wogan (MartyWheeeeeling), how many hangers on and general nobodies will be filling the plane as it flies east at our expense?

Are Derek, Brek and the Paul the Eurovision Statto on the junket too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Will they stay on for the week if the two boys fail to get past the semi final stage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

sudzs wrote: »
    Tuned in late and was subjected to the unbearable Richard so quickly switched off again! :rolleyes:

mr self importance

i shall talk slowly so that the simpletons listening will understand me:cool:

He's in Baku. He's verrrrrrrry excited! Eurovision...Grimestwins on speed.

Don't stand too close to your radio, I believe the stains are hard to remove (so they say).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bukkake

ROfL - a double-entendre paradise...zips opening to a "whoaaa" and Derek laughing giddily. "Did she give you one for each of us" - "No, I've to give both of you two"...snigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Im running around looking for a window high enough to jump out off. What paff. How is mooney going to deal with the anti climax if the clowns dont win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Nice passive aggression from O'Rourke on News at 1 re. Eurovision.

"You will get your fill of it on Mooney".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

^< Heard that.

You could sense the wry fatigue in his voice as he said it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement