Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

carlcon wrote: »
    As do most of us. But I miss the relevance. Unless it's some kind of awesome job that requires only using your gut and ignoring your brain?

Only takes 30 seconds to look up a players history.

My point was that despite the overwhelming facts backing Ferguson preferring Nani and Young over Valencia, I'm being told I'm wrong because people "feel" Valencia is the better choice, or because of one significant match they remember Valencia playing in. That's the kind of thinking that messes up an FF team. That's all I was getting at.

Are these the same overwhelming facts that we wanted a forum, when in fact, we didn't? And now, because of the opinion of 1 guy, the rest of us have to suffer the loss of something much loved and unique. Who knows what Ferguson will do? He's barely had all 3 fit together all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

There have been quite a few overwhelming facts to the contary that you have chosen to ignore

1.Why did Valencia Upon his return from Injury midway through last season go straight into the first team and stay there?

2. Why did valencia start the champions league final over Nani?

3.What about the point that valencia played in the copa america last season, had a longer rest than everyone else, didnt have much of a preseason?

4.United with Nani and young in the team had their best start in years, hard to change a winning formula

5. Valencia had a few niggling injuries at the start of the season

Now Nani and Young have a much better individual goal threat than Valencia but Valencia's assist ratio for rooney is very high

Most united fans or anyone that watches football to a high degree can tell fergusion prefers valencia, he trusts him more.

You seem to be the type of person that gets very frustrated when someone doesnt agree with your point of view, so much so that you start to become condesending and start to sulk about it

1) Young signed last summer. Wasn't with the club last season. If Valencia wasn't first choice on the right ahead of Park/Obertan/etc, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

2) A change of tactics for the game against Barca is what dropped Nani. Nothing else. It's not a case of Nani or Val. Nani played 33 out of 38 PL games last season. Nani is a certainty when fit. It's between Young and Val.

3) Means nothing. He was fit enough for 90 minutes in the League Cup, he was fit enough to play.

4) Isn't this in favour of what I'm saying? Young in the team with Nani = "best start in years" - then Valencia only came in when Young was injured.

5) Practically same point as 3. He had no more niggles than Young. Big injury a long time ago, but he was over that well before this season. He was playing games. Just not in the PL.

And like I said in a previous post; Every single time all 3 have been fit this season (I counted 4 PL games), Valencia was benched.

I have no idea where you lot are your "it's obvious Valencia is first choice" from. "Obvious"? Really? There is almost nothing backing this up other than your guts.

In FPL terms, when Young and Nani are both fit, Valencia sits on the bench. Every time so far. That might change, sure... but your pulling these predictions from your arses. Young, when fit, plays.

Again; I love Valencia and I want to see more of him... but he was replaced by £15-20m of Ashley Young in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any early team news from the 'Pool Arsenal match??

Are these the same overwhelming facts that we wanted a forum, when in fact, we didn't? And now, because of the opinion of 1 guy, the rest of us have to suffer the loss of something much loved and unique. Who knows what Ferguson will do? He's barely had all 3 fit together all season.

Oh don't be a moron. I can show you 100+ people who wanted the forum in one click. How many can you show me otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

You're all arguing your opinions as if they're facts. Truth is, I doubt even Red nose knows what his 1st choice wingers are, he chooses game by game based on form,fitness and tactics.

Nobody is right here.... apart from me, obviously.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Reina
    Kelly
    Carragher
    Skrtel
    Enrique
    Spearing
    Adam
    Kuyt
    Downing
    Henderson
    Suarez

Apparently the Pool team. I've never come in this forum before and won't be coming regular if this carlcon bloke is going to be that annoying every week.

Give it a rest blokes. You've got 2 minutes to mess up your captain choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

RVP OUT

RVP OUT

Source? As a Liverpool fan I'm delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

manual_man wrote: »

Only taking the piss, couldnt resist sorry, havent heard anything

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

Only taking the piss, couldnt resist sorry, havent heard anything

yi bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

RVP OUT

Cheers for that - anything useful to contribute ?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Less of the handbags lads! Keep the thread on topic.

@ Shadow, you had me going for a second with RVP being out :sadpanda:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'd be willing to bet up to €200 that Valencia will start more PL games than Young for the rest of the season starting after Tottenham.

Obviously nothing's guaranteed but I'd be pretty confident about it.

If ye can't keep on topic, don't complain if infractions and/or bans follow that. PM each other if you want to flirt. I really couldn't care what you think about X poster, nor do many others who come in here to talk about fantasy sports (football in this case!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Really need Arsenal and United to score, my cup opponent and main league rival have both got BAE and an Arsenal defender...

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

shangri la wrote: »
    I clicked on the thread I started about next seasons free entry money league and it brought me to this thread. I can't find any related posts and its unlikely people will contribute ideas if the can't see the thread. Would this topic fall under general FF?
    SlickRic wrote: »
    or you could just ask us instead of insulting us any chance you get?
    Any chance of a reply/solution to this one?

Should I send someone a message or ask in a moderators form? No point telling us to ask if you won't answer.

Should I send someone a message or ask in a moderators form? No point telling us to ask if you won't answer.

There is a thread on the main page called Forum Feedback, and has been there for some time now.

I've addressed yourself in there. If you want to continue or respond, you can do so in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

This isn't meant to be a boastful post, so sorry if it comes across that way

I'm up to 41 in the world now, game is consuming my every waking moment

Just need to make up ten points to crack the top 20 in the world, so so nervous

Trying to stop yourself making silly moves when stressing over this game is a tough line to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

DazzlerIE wrote: »

Trying to stop yourself making silly moves when stressing over this game is a tough line to follow

Fair ****s. That's some going.

This is my best year and all because I've absolutely nothing to do all day, every day.

Starting a postgrad next year. 9-6 everyday and then assignments and dissertations on top of that. I'll be lucky to break 1,000,000 I reckon.

• Advertisement

DazzlerIE wrote: »

Good stuff! My best this season was 52nd overall in GW20, so you've got me beat there.

The part I hate is thinking "oh, only X away!", then you realise that if you lose less than that you'll drop about 100 places. Very bloody tight up there. Languising in 191st at the moment, 37 points away from the top 20. But if I lose those 37 points, instead of gain them, I'll probably end up outside the top 1000. :mad:

54 points, not bad after a horribly unlucky week. 11th in boards.

Used my WC yesterday but had no internet access last night after the Fulham game, planned on buying in Pog this morning in the hope that he hadn't already gone up, and somehow he's gone up by 0.2 in his first night? Not sure I've ever seen that happening but it ruins any plans I had of getting him in, even just to make cash on the transfer.

Have to hope it was a once off, he's killed me this week and now I can't even buy him in

Good news though, somehow managed to win my cup match! Down to last 2,000 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

61 after bonus and I even had my Cap as Silve who then went to Ba. Happy with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Siggurdsson abolutely dominated the game, scored two great goals and rightly received man of th ematch at the game and by every paper I checked today. That's worth 2 bonus points.

Caulker is part of a defense that got a clean sheet and played a junior soccer ball to Siggurdsson who the scores a wondergoal from 30 yards. That's worth 3 bonus points.

Anyways, 82 points this week which I'm very happy with it...mainly because both the lads above me in my money league scored half that.

Still in third but 90 and 75 point deficits (2 months ago) are now 8 and 2 points. Get in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Siggurdsson ...

Caulker ....

Not having Siggy and having Caulker, I'm pretty delighted :)

Up to 72 for the week now.

71 points. Back into 2nd in the Boards SF league which is getting very bunched now. Should be happy and I'am but not as much as I should be, tis explained below.

Bringing in Pog worked out well and while McClean only got me the one point, better off than having Sess earning me minus whatever points.

Think what's killing me the past two weeks is the fact that my team has been playing with a man down at the very least. This week it was Silva and Kun in my team earning me 0 points. Last week it was Vorm. So a tad miffed as I feel I should be better off. Perhaps this is the week some big decisions need to be made.

Oh and I've created a Boards.ie FPL league for this forum so to have a seperate one from the soccer forum. If interested, PM me if you want in and I'll PM the code. Preferably would like this to keep this to regular contributors of this forum but reckon it'll be a hard enough task doing that. But sure, we'll see if can be possibly done to some degree. More so, rather not have non-boardsies joining tbh.

It will total the entire points from the season just to add as it's fairly late on in the season to start fresh from here on in. Probably bump this a few times over the course of the next week or two as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Siggurdsson abolutely dominated the game, scored two great goals and rightly received man of th ematch at the game and by every paper I checked today. That's worth 2 bonus points.

Caulker is part of a defense that got a clean sheet and played a junior soccer ball to Siggurdsson who the scores a wondergoal from 30 yards. That's worth 3 bonus points.

Anyways, 82 points this week which I'm very happy with it...mainly because both the lads above me in my money league scored half that.

Still in third but 90 and 75 point deficits (2 months ago) are now 8 and 2 points. Get in!!!

Actually, I'll retract the bonus point moan.

Siggy played only 62 minutes. That's why he only scored 2 bp.

Actually, I'll retract the bonus point moan.

Siggy played only 62 minutes. That's why he only scored 2 bp.

I've seen players play 15 minutes and pick up 3 BP's. Siggy scored both goals, there is absolutely no way he should get anoything other than 3 BP's.

If whatever system you use to distribute 'bonus' points awards anyone else more than him, then your system is wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

60 points and green arrows all the way!

9 points short of a 50 point average for the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement