Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

Sickening week on 38.

Forgot to change captain back to RVP. Mata picked me up a grand total of 4.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pure sham that Sigurdsson didn't get the 3 BPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Why can't we have 4 strikers!

I want Rooney, RVP, Suarez and Pogrebnyak...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    I've seen players play 15 minutes and pick up 3 BP's. Siggy scored both goals, there is absolutely no way he should get anoything other than 3 BP's.

If whatever system you use to distribute 'bonus' points awards anyone else more than him, then your system is wrong!

I used to think that two things in life were inevitable - death and taxes.

I now realise its three - death, taxes and people spending every fooking Monday morning moaning about the FPL bonus points!

They are what they are folks. 27 weeks in and the system isn't going to change now so just get on with it.

Can someone post up the bonus points for those of us without access?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've seen players play 15 minutes and pick up 3 BP's. Siggy scored both goals, there is absolutely no way he should get anoything other than 3 BP's.

If whatever system you use to distribute 'bonus' points awards anyone else more than him, then your system is wrong!

I used to think that two things in life were inevitable - death and taxes.

I now realise its three - death, taxes and people spending every fooking Monday morning moaning about the FPL bonus points!

They are what they are folks. 27 weeks in and the system isn't going to change now so just get on with it.

see fpl game week 27 match day thread

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    see fpl game week 27 match day thread

Thanks for that. All these different threads are wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

There you go

Liverpool 1 - 2 Arsenal
    Sagna
    Walcott (2)
    Van Persie (3)

Blackburn 1 - 1 Aston Villa
    Collins
    Cuellar (3)
    Hutton
    N'Zogbia (2)

Man City 2 - 0 Bolton
    Hart
    Johnson (3)
    Balotelli (3)

QPR 1 - 1 Everton
    Zamora (3)
    Heitinga (3)
    Drenthe

Stoke City 1 - 0 Norwich
    Shotton (2)
    Whitehead (2)
    Etherington (3)

West Brom 1 - 0 Chelsea
    Foster
    McAuley (3)
    Ridgewell (2)

Wigan 0 - 2 Swansea
    Caulker (3)
    Allen
    Sigurdsson (2)

Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland
    Turner (2)
    O'Shea
    Bendtner (3)

Fulham 5 - 0 Wolves
    Dempsey (2)
    Johnson A
    Pogrebnyak (3)

Tottenham 1 - 3 Man Utd
    Nani
    Young (3)
    Rooney (2)

Thanks for that. All these different threads are wrecking my head.

There's only 7 or 8 active threads, and this is only because its a Monday. This is in no way too much, if you struggle with this you'll struggle on every forum...

There's only 7 or 8 active threads, and this is only because its a Monday. This is in no way too much, if you struggle with this you'll struggle on every forum...

Well on most forums people keep chat about one topic on that thread, on this forum you've people posting about GW 27 in both the general fantasy chat thread, the GW 28 transfer thread and the GW 27 thread. Then you've also people posting in the old thread on the soccer forum.

It used to be alot easier, when in work, to just log into Boards, go to the old thread, pick up at the post number I'd last read too and read from there on.

Also, as you are one of the people lambasting others for requesting this forum AFAIK, what's your difficulty with my post?

Well on most forums people keep chat about one topic on that thread, on this forum you've people posting about GW 27 in both the general fantasy chat thread, the GW 28 transfer thread and the GW 27 thread. Then you've also people posting in the old thread on the soccer forum.

It used to be alot easier, when in work, to just log into Boards, go to the old thread, pick up at the post number I'd last read too and read from there on.

Also, as you are one of the people lambasting others for requesting this forum AFAIK, what's your difficulty with my post?

Because either we have one thread on the soccer forum, or a seperate forum with as many threads as people want. Its pointless moving the discussion away from soccer and then trying to limit the number of threads. It'll just be a diluted version of the soccer thread.

• Advertisement

Because either we have one thread on the soccer forum, or a seperate forum with as many threads as people want. Its pointless moving the discussion away from soccer and then trying to limit the number of threads. It'll just be a diluted version of the soccer thread.

Who said I wanted to limit the number of threads? I pointed out that the number of different threads was wrecking my head. You felt the need to post a smart remark about that so I responded and explained my comment.

I find it hypocritical to be honest that you'd moan about getting a new forum and that it ruined the soccer thread but then post a smart remark to someone who makes the same point.

I'll leave it at that to be honest because I'm not going to get dragged into your usual crap. PM me if you want an argument. No point annoying others on here.

PM me if you want an argument.

34fikk0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As far as I can see the new forum seems to have created more problems that it solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pissed off over that weekend 26 points dropped about 30 places in the Boards league and lost in my head to head match as well.

Ended up with no captain two players with no points and two players with minus points :pac:. So overall worst week ive had all season easily.

Team needs a big bit of work done to it least i have two free transfers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I now firmly believe that both Mancini and the BP people are working together to get me off the top of the league. I have irrefutable proof! :pac:

In an attempt to fight the power of Mancini, I have made my team 2 City players lighter. That'll show'em!

For me, now is the time to go from a team of blue Manchester players to red Manchester players. Can't deny United have a better run of fixtures, and adding that to their usual end of season record, it has to be done.

RE: Arguments on Boards. It's naive to think they're caused by post content, rather than the actual poster. Every time one "non-cliquey" poster gets stuck in one, I bet you'll find several members make the same points previous, but get left alone. It's rarely what's said, but who says it that warrants people having a go at them.

34fikk0.jpg

Images don't show on my PC so your reply is lost to me to be honest.

Images don't show on my PC so your reply is lost to me to be honest.

Get a new PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Will Sess's price drop or is he "protected"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Not sure if any of you know of any fantasy football apps for iphone but I've been looking for one for ages. I finally found out about one in the comments on FFS, it's called Fantasy Football Manager. A few come up when you type it in so it’s got a red banner in with “FFM” in it over a ball with a light blue back round. It costs 99c but it seems really good. I'll definitely get plenty of use out of it. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

/thinly-veiled 'I have an iphone' comment

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Not sure if any of you know of any fantasy football apps for iphone but I've been looking for one for ages. I finally found out about one in the comments on FFS, it's called Fantasy Football Manager. A few come up when you type it in so it’s got a red banner in with “FFM” in it over a ball with a light blue back round. It costs 99c but it seems really good. I'll definitely get plenty of use out of it. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

Is FF Buddy only for Android?

I use it religiously, even bought the premium version to support the bloke, and it's brilliant

I wrote a comment on the EP forum about how it didn't complete a transfer for me one time, and the guy who created it, signed up, and sent me a pm to figure out exactly what the problem was

can't beat that

• Advertisement

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Is FF Buddy only for Android?

I use it religiously, even bought the premium version to support the bloke, and it's brilliant

I wrote a comment on the EP forum about how it didn't complete a transfer for me one time, and the guy who created it, signed up, and sent me a pm to figure out exactly what the problem was

can't beat that

Yeah FF Buddy is only for Android. It's a pity though, I've only heard good things about it.

It fooked up my transfers at the weekend there. Made two on Friday night and it told me as usual it was confirmed..... Come Saturday i go to check my score and transfers where never completed !!!

So just be careful.

It fooked up my transfers at the weekend there. Made two on Friday night and it told me as usual it was confirmed..... Come Saturday i go to check my score and transfers where never completed !!!

So just be careful.

Which was that for, FFM or FF Buddy?

To be honest, I'll probably do all transfers from the laptop anyway as normal but the app will be handy for checking scores are the weekend as well as getting updates of goals, assists etc. instead of having to go to the website through the browser.

To be honest, I'll probably do all transfers from the laptop anyway as normal but the app will be handy for checking scores are the weekend as well as getting updates of goals, assists etc. instead of having to go to the website through the browser.

Ff buddy i think for android i forget i deleted it Saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

tbf, I probably wouldn't rely on it for transfers

It has a brilliant little feature that lets you tot up exactly how your leagues are looking, in progress, during game weeks, so you don't have to wait for the game to update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

For live scores, assists, etc, the best app I've seen is "fotmob soccer scores". You can choose to have it alarm you when something happens in any particular game (and I mean ANY, it covers a whole bunch of leagues), or you can simply use it to look up scores at your own leisure. You'll be up-do-date in a matter of seconds.

It's not FF related, but if you're only planning on getting updates, like you said, FotMob is definitely worth a look (free for Android, not sure about iPhone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

They had it for free a few weeks ago got it then . Handy app

^^^^^l
    Livescore addicts is a good iPhone app for scores and assists team news and even goal highlights . It's free also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭pah

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Siggurdsson abolutely dominated the game, scored two great goals and rightly received man of th ematch at the game and by every paper I checked today. That's worth 2 bonus points.

Caulker is part of a defense that got a clean sheet and played a junior soccer ball to Siggurdsson who the scores a wondergoal from 30 yards. That's worth 3 bonus points.

Anyways, 82 points this week which I'm very happy with it...mainly because both the lads above me in my money league scored half that.

Still in third but 90 and 75 point deficits (2 months ago) are now 8 and 2 points. Get in!!!

I hear you!

Just topped my friends & family league by 5 points after spending ages in the last 3, only 6 in it lol, no money, pride at stake only.

9 points off the lead in 2nd in my paid league after being 100 behind in 4 th
    Around 6 weeks ago.

Happy Days :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

For phone APPS I use iFantasy Football, great app has never let me down yet.

Sitting pretty in 27th in the league now and top of my two money leagues.

Interesting weekend coming up....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Zabaleta is out for 2 weeks with an injury Richards should start now I suppose .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement