Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Vorm is deffo back as per SSN this morning, in case anyone is interested.

Good stuff. I didn't want to make an extra transfer. Still have Lindegaard as my 2nd GK, haven't got rid of him due to not wanting to take a points hit for the time being at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm feeling like this forum has picked up a lot since last GW. This morning seems to be bustling already.

Bale out, keeper problems, Dempsey/Aguero/Ba all home team captain choices, Valencia still out... it's gonna be an interesting GW!

As I posted that, I almost sent coffee all over my monitor:
    YPUWn.png
    The little orange square of doom haunts RVP this morning.

Game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

carlcon wrote: »
    As I posted that, I almost sent coffee all over my monitor:
    YPUWn.png
    The little orange square of doom haunts RVP this morning.

Game on!
    I saw that earlier.......:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

To think one man could make so many people unhappy

Honestly though, I think he'll play. Have we not seen RVP as doubtful before this season and always play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wasnt he doubtful pre-international but still played a full half?

Nothing wrong with a bit of drama, though. :D

He's at 75%, which means the injury is almost definitely nothing. I personally would love to see him out for a bit (from an FF point of view only - I want him fit so Arsenal get 4th), because it would really open up the game to completely new teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

opinions on doubling up on sunderland midfielders? i have both mclean and sess at the minute with sess starting this weekend and mclean first on the bence since bale most likely won't play

i was thinking of getting valencia in for sess to leave me with just mclean but now bales injury is going to force me to get in nani for bale instead

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Heads up for those who have Sturridge -

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24040248-daniel-sturridge-is-up-for-crunch-run-despite-injury.do

Looks like he'll be available for the weekend, or at least making himself available.
    Be interesting to see what happens with him amongst others considering Chelsea's fixtures over the next month (7 games in 28 days).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm feeling like this forum has picked up a lot since last GW. This morning seems to be bustling already.

Bale out, keeper problems, Dempsey/Aguero/Ba all home team captain choices, Valencia still out... it's gonna be an interesting GW!

Looks like it is alright. This thread was actually a good idea, it's very similar to the one previously so I'll be posting in it more often. I don't like the business of skipping through different threads.

Vorm and Rooney back and Bale being shipped out by me soon, I'll have no injurys except VP to worry about. But I have him on my bench anyway as I fancy Yakubu to do better. Liverpool away is tough a fixture as you'll get imo. A nice first sub to have too because if one of my midfield or strikers don't play, I have the top points scorer in the game to come in for them. Handy out.

I'm still deciding who to get in for a Bale. There is plenty of value in the <6 million price range, I'm thinking if I do that, save myself 4 odd million and upgrade other players that I'd end up benefiting from it. Hmm..... decision. I could just get Mata but that'd be boring and Chelsea are s**te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109215/Gareth-Bale-hamstring-injury-dismissed-Harry-Redknapp.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Harry on Bale
    'That's absolutely a million miles wrong,' he said
    when asked about the reports that Bale was set for a long-term lay-off. 'He hasn't even got a tear in his hamstring. It's just a little bit tight but it should be OK. It shouldn't be a problem.

'We will have to wait and see how he is (for the weekend). Hopefully he should be OK.'

Harry on Vdv ,King & Walker
    'Van der Vaart is hopefully going to train today. He feels a lot better,' Redknapp added. 'Ledley is not bad. Hopefully he will come out tomorrow. We will see how he is. Kyle Walker is OK. He should be OK. He got a knock (against Arsenal) but he should be fit.'

FatRat wrote: »
    Looks like it is alright. This thread was actually a good idea, it's very similar to the one previously so I'll be posting in it more often. I don't like the business of skipping through different threads.

I think we've stumbled across a middle-ground, where those who want one bustling thread can still have one, while those who want to expand can still do so (within reason). Giving us the choice is the key, so fingers crossed the masses like it too.

Jesus. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on any transfers yet. I'll let more news/interviews come in over the space of today before I make any decisions myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Nothing wrong with a bit of drama, though. :D

He's at 75%, which means the injury is almost definitely nothing. I personally would love to see him out for a bit (from an FF point of view only - I want him fit so Arsenal get 4th), because it would really open up the game to completely new teams.
    people would just get in whichever they dont have from rooney and aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Why are the mods telling us to ask questions when they won't answer them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

shangri la wrote: »
    people would just get in rooney.

FYP

rooneys nti was reset to from minus seventy something percent back to zero on fiso. i wish i knew why they do this?! was hopin to get him for .1 less. gah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    rooneys nti was reset to from minus seventy something percent back to zero on fiso. i wish i knew why they do this?! was hopin to get him for .1 less. gah

Probably he was flagged and his flag disappeared.
    Just checked FISO and yeah that's it he was flagged the 22nd of February. I guess his flag came off today so NTI reset to 0 and he should be protected for 8 days now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Would absolutely love if ageuro was rested at the weekend (don't have him), Just thought i'd throw that out there. Prob not much chance but would love it :D

• Advertisement

Jesus. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on any transfers yet. I'll let more news/interviews come in over the space of today before I make any decisions myself.

I never trust articles that don't have quotes. So glad Harry spoke on it before I probably would have considered shipping him out before the deadline.

Replacing big name midfielders is a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Really worried about this weekend

I'm fielding three Newcastle players

doubtful Bale
    Doubtful RVP
    Possibility of Aguero being rested
    Kelly doubtful

So where are we standing on Bale? All day I've been hearing Harry say he's fine. Even if he's not, don't fancy dropping a 0.7m to get rid of him just for one game... because it's likely he'll be worth having back over the majority of the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone here have the big 3 strikeforce of Rooney, Aguero and Vpersie like I do?

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Really worried about this weekend

I'm fielding three Newcastle players

doubtful Bale
    Doubtful RVP
    Possibility of Aguero being rested
    Kelly doubtful

It's gonna be one of those weeks where you have literally no idea what to expect. Who knows what Sunderland will show up to the Newcastle game. Could be a 3-0 either way, or a 0-0.

So where are we standing on Bale? All day I've been hearing Harry say he's fine. Even if he's not, don't fancy dropping a 0.7m to get rid of him just for one game... because it's likely he'll be worth having back over the majority of the rest of the season.

I'm getting rid. Probly tomorrow. Just don't see him playing as attacking a role anymore, Saha probly has something to do with that

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

It's gonna be one of those weeks where you have literally no idea what to expect. Who knows what Sunderland will show up to the Newcastle game. Could be a 3-0 either way, or a 0-0.

I know!

My backup keeper is Mignolet, and have McClean on the bench, so I need to make a call on this game, and if I were to gamble it would be on Newcastle, so may aswell play my Newcastle players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I'm getting rid. Probly tomorrow. Just don't see him playing as attacking a role anymore, Saha probly has something to do with that

Getting Valencia back in could be a good shout with Uniteds easy run ahead

Getting Valencia back in could be a good shout with Uniteds easy run ahead

Yup. That's my planned replacement. Hopefully he won't fall foul of rotation much

• Advertisement

Reckon I'll keep Bale. Even if he doesn't make this weekend he should be fine for the next one going by official club comments. He's a player that if you get rid of you'll be weakening your team elsewhere to get him back in. 0.7 is a big hit to take.

I've held onto Valencia. Lost .2 on him but who I was considering getting in for him scored 1 point last weekend. So wouldn't have been worth the 4 point hit. Have one free transfer now. Debating getting rid of him tonight but don't know who to bring in. Have Dempsey, Silva and McClean. 0.6 in the bank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement