Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Important email about fixture change from the PL sent today
    ob48p.jpg
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

carlcon wrote: »
    For live scores, assists, etc, the best app I've seen is "fotmob soccer scores". You can choose to have it alarm you when something happens in any particular game (and I mean ANY, it covers a whole bunch of leagues), or you can simply use it to look up scores at your own leisure. You'll be up-do-date in a matter of seconds.

It's not FF related, but if you're only planning on getting updates, like you said, FotMob is definitely worth a look (free for Android, not sure about iPhone).

I use Fotmob and FF Buddy on Android and highly recommend both.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks like Bale is well and truly back. Assisted each of Tottenhams 3 goals tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

manual_man wrote: »
    Looks like Bale is well and truly back. Assisted each of Tottenhams 3 goals tonight

2. He didn't assist the first afaik. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake taking him out. He's back in my team in GW 33 regardless of what happens from now til then. I've planned the next 5-7 weeks already, so long as there are no injuries. :)

FatRat wrote: »

2. He didn't assist the first afaik. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake taking him out. He's back in my team in GW 33 regardless of what happens from now til then. I've planned the next 5-7 weeks already, so long as there are no injuries. :)

Nope was def all 3. Also shuddered the crossbar with a 25 yarder. Think that's made my mind up who I'll be playing between him and Dempsey this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

SkySter wrote: »
    I use Fotmob and FF Buddy on Android and highly recommend both.
    what exactly can you do with fotmob?

FatRat wrote: »
    does your girlfriend not give you grief about not spending enough time with her?

shangri la wrote: »
    what exactly can you do with fotmob?

To quote;
    The best LIVE-coverage available. News feed, tables and much more.
    Over 2 million downloads for the best soccer/football app available! In-app purchase removes ads and gives push alerts.
    Featuring:
    * Livescores with alerts
    * Match stats (lineup, stats, goals, cards, penalties, missed penalties, assists and substitutions)
    * Tables
    * Fixtures
    * News (league news and club news)
    * Topscorers
    * Favorite teams
    Coverage of:
    * Premier League
    * Championship
    * League 1 & 2
    * Conference
    * Eredivisie
    * Bundesliga
    * 2. & 3. Bundesliga
    * Serie A
    * Serie B
    * La Liga (Liga BBVA)
    * MLS (Major League Soccer)
    * Europa League
    * Champions League
    * Euro 2012
    * Ligue 1
    * Mexican league
    * Scottish Premier League
    * Allsvenskan
    * Superettan
    * Tippeligaen
    * Adeccoligaen
    * and most other football/soccer leagues. Missing one? Ask us!
    No affiliation with BBC, Sky Sports or ESPN.
    Club news for clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund, Inter, Liverpool and others.

Source

Basically, you can either independently use it to search around on match day, or you can simply pick out individual games you're interested in and have it buzz you whenever there's a goal/sending off/etc. It also tells you who gave the assist, which is always handy. And alerts come within seconds of the event occurring.

To quote;

Source Basically, you can either independently use it to search around on match day, or you can simply pick out individual games you're interested in and have it buzz you whenever there's a goal/sending off/etc. It also tells you who gave the assist, which is always handy. And alerts come within seconds of the event occurring.
    just getting a smartphone for the gps feature. Will miss the brick.

How much will the use of this app cost?

To quote;

Source Basically, you can either independently use it to search around on match day, or you can simply pick out individual games you're interested in and have it buzz you whenever there's a goal/sending off/etc. It also tells you who gave the assist, which is always handy. And alerts come within seconds of the event occurring.

2 quid for gold (lifetime) membership

• Advertisement

To quote;

Free for Android. I just got it to see how well it worked, so didn't bother with the Pro version. I've tested it out three GWs now without a hitch. Next time Im out and about and need to use it, I'll upgrade it to Pro for a couple of dollars.

You should just give the free version a shot. And then if you like it, upgrade.

Gonna go with this for the weekend DropBox#5717538252647501538

Hoping some of my differentials like Surman and Ireland can help me catch up a bit

And Bogdan of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hoping some of my differentials like Surman and Ireland can help me catch up a bit

I honestly cannot see why people are bringing in Bogdan. Easy fixtures or not, he's a terrible, terrible goalkeeper.

Lemlin wrote: »

I honestly cannot see why people are bringing in Bogdan. Easy fixtures or not, he's a terrible, terrible goalkeeper.

It's coz he's the cheapest regular starting keeper... and he's actually a decent keeper, so there's always the chance for some extra points from saves. That said, I do want to get a keeper from a better team, but I had other transfers to prioritise so I'll worry about that later

does your girlfriend not give you grief about not spending enough time with her?

I use a thing called my brain. Amazingly, I can multitask and think about what I'm gonna do with my fantasy team will performing other tasks. For instance, last night before I went to sleep I mulled over a few things in FL for a few minutes in my head. The 5-7 weeks I've planned took about half an hour to do out just from looking at the transfers page on the FPL site. The 5-7 weeks of planning is safely stored in my brain, you'll be happy to know.

Maybe it's you that should be spending more time with your girlfriend (I'd be surprised if you have one based on the stuff I've read from you on this forum) instead of asking retarded questions like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Kompany off injured there. Looks like a groin/calf injury.

Likely to miss a few weeks. Bad for City, they are far less solid without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

What are people's opinions on Johnny Evans keeping his place for the rest of the season?

I can afford to bring him in after this gameweek for Danny Simpson

Giving me a backline of

Krul/Mig

Kompany/Enrique/BAE/Evans/Kelly

That'd be me set at the back for the rest of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Vincent Kompany went off injured a few mins ago with a Calf strain supposedly . Might be of interest to a few for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on Johnny Evans keeping his place for the rest of the season?

He's first choice at the moment and that's unlikely to change between now and the end of the season imo.

He really is astonishing value, especially with United's fixtures over the next several weeks. Anybody serious about the game should have, or get him in tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Blatter wrote: »
    He's first choice at the moment and that's unlikely to change between now and the end of the season imo.

He really is astonishing value, especially with United's fixtures over the next several weeks. Anybody serious about the game should have, or get him in tbh.

This

Can't ignore him anymore

Will get him in asap

• Advertisement

Vincent Kompany went off injured a few mins ago with a Calf strain supposedly . Might be of interest to a few for the weekend

Early reports from City saying 10 days.

Richards didn't play at all today. Gael clichy even moved to RB instead of him. A LB playing in his position? Has he lost his place altogether or what? If it was his injury keeping him out today then he should be pretty much nailed on for Sat imo. But this is definitely his last week. The only thing making me keep him is that Zabaleta is out. Also kompany definitely missing the game this Weekend I'd say so Richards could be a differential if he plays. Swansea are chronic when it comes to scoring so Man city should be keeping a clean sheet this weekend even without Kompany.

Rooney on the scoresheet twice tonight. The man's form is unreal atm. A must for the coming weeks imo. Especially since they get a penalty per game nearly. 1 of his tonight was from the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I reckon Richards hammy is f'ucked or he did something serious to p'iss off Mancini

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I usually use 3 defenders but have BAE, Shawcross, Lescott, Enrique and Raylor to choose from :( Might go with 4 this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Anyone taking a punt on Suarez with the double week? Im getting rid of Agguero and was wondering what people think?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I reckon Richards hammy is f'ucked or he did something serious to p'iss off Mancini

He's back for Sunday. Mancini confirmed he didn't want to risk him yesterday with Zab injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

have 2 free transfers this week and thinking of using one of them to bring in a Liverpool or Everton player.
    Thinking C. Adam does he still take spot kicks and frees?

Anyone else others would consider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thanos wrote: »
    have 2 free transfers this week and thinking of using one of them to bring in a Liverpool or Everton player.

Bellamy has been taking frees and Kuyt took the last Peno against Arsenal .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think they're still looking for the ball from Charlie Adam's last penalty :D

Buy Kyut missed one last week so maybe Suarez will get the nod ;)

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »

I think they're still looking for the ball from Charlie Adam's last penalty :D

Buy Kyut missed one last week so maybe Suarez will get the nod ;)

I think it ended up in Goodison Park :(

Seriously tho, Stevie G is 100% the peno taker when it matters, if he's not on the pitch it's anyone's ball

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement