Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Well I STS this week. Can't complain as my own scales at home had me way up for most of the week. Have to work hard this week as my next weigh-in on Tuesday is my usual WI, so don't have much time to get down. I'll just have to be good at the weekend. Also finally got my 5% sticker and stone!!! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I'm just about to finish up here for the weekend.... so glad to have tomorrow off...

Lots of housework planned and a nice long walk/jog in the park.... really miss it when I work late during the week....

Must have drank about 5 bottles of water today, I just keep filling it up. Its funny because I definitely have some kind of mental imbalance somewhere.. I can't sit and drink cups or glasses of water, not even the normal bottles... its all about the squeezy bottles for me... I can drink them all day... ITS WATER ALI!!!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Hi all! Could anyone recommend a good yoga dvd to me? I started a class once a week and it's going to be great to limber me up & make me more supple for my horse riding. So would like to do it more often, without the added expense of a class. Any suggestions welcome as there are far too many to count on amazon, so wouldn't know where to start ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    Just back from WI....

I GOT IT!!!! :D:D

I finally got my stone... after playing with the last 3lb for 4 weeks then being half a pound off last week... i was down 2 this week... im down to 11st 5lb... that my 15.5lb altogether... soooo happy!!!

:D:D:D

well done on all the losses.... they are brilliant... :D

Congratulations young lady!! Good on ya! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

WI today went crap, woke up to totm so knew I would be up, had contemplated not going, but said no I'm going!I had been good food and exercise wise so was hoping for a STS or at worst 1/2 a pound gain. nope 1.1/2 :mad: I was upset over that, then my leader said well it prob fluid you are looking good BUT, I need to do better, track better and lose more weight as I'm not losing enough:( felt crap.
    I lose it slow no matter what I do and I'm still Breastfeeding a baby and the guidelines say a loss of a pound a week is recommended as any more could effect amount and quality of milk, I lose 1. 1/2 to 1/2 a pound a week steadily I always know why I'm up Christmas being a biggy :p but have that all gone now.

I mean I think I'm doing OK! I was very disheartened earlier, I will keep going it hasn't made me want to give up! I never even got a chance to question her as a big Que behind me and they could all hear what I was saying, she was running late on her talk as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

I'm just about to finish up here for the weekend.... so glad to have tomorrow off...

Lots of housework planned and a nice long walk/jog in the park.... really miss it when I work late during the week....

Must have drank about 5 bottles of water today, I just keep filling it up. Its funny because I definitely have some kind of mental imbalance somewhere.. I can't sit and drink cups or glasses of water, not even the normal bottles... its all about the squeezy bottles for me... I can drink them all day... ITS WATER ALI!!!! haha!

Im the EXACT same on the water front....could easily down a bottle of water in 1 r 2 glups (obv if i was thirsty) but if its in a glass its teeny tiny sips n takes AGES 2 drink it all!!! If i am drinkin out of a glass i prefer to use a straw, make it mich easier to drink!!! My friend always gets straws out 4 me when i go drinkin in her house if were going out, jus dono wot it is bout glasses!!!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 4lb :D:D:D Delighted. Gained 3.5lb last week (too pis*ed off to post it though) when I should have only gained 1lb and was devastated. So guessing I technically lost 1.5lb :):) Delighted and super motivated for the week. On target of 1lb per week (5lb in the last 5 weeks), I lose it slow but have come to terms with it because 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year. 5 and a half stone left to go but i'm ok with that because I am making a life style change, it's not a quick fix!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Well done on all d losses:-) all our hard work is paying off!! Just wondering how ye decided on your goal weight?

My leader gave me my goal weight of 10 stone at my very first wi, it was so daunting to hear. That was in May 2010 weighed in at 12st 7lbs, i'm 5ft 4. A few weeks into ww I actually said to the leader that i felt that giving someone their goal weight at their initial wi isn't the best idea as it may be off putting to some people. Almost afraid incase she would eat the head of me, she's a bit of a demon but felt i had to say as all i could think about was getting to 10 stone, I couldn't even enjoy the silver 7's when I got them.
    ShindyB wrote: »
    My fave pair of jeans fit me again! YAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!

Nice one, good for you ShindyB.
    My leader and me haven't discussed my final goal yet. I prefer to break it down to more manageable chunks. So my first goal was 2 stone off by my brithday in July - am halfway there now :-)

Well done on the half way mark to your first goal tiny_penguin.

Baby75 wrote: »
    I mean I think I'm doing OK! I was very disheartened earlier, I will keep going it hasn't made me want to give up! I never even got a chance to question her as a big Que behind me and they could all hear what I was saying, she was running late on her talk as well.

It can be very upsetting when you gain more than you expected, but don't let it get you down, our bodies can play such tricks on us, god damn totm.
    Monife wrote: »
    Down 4lb :D:D:D Delighted.

Sweet Monife - well done.

I have been feeling so much better since Monday, i'm back weighing all my food and just love checking in on here, its fantastic for motivation.

Sorry everyone - didn't realise how long my post was until i posted it.

Down 4lb :D:D:D Delighted. Gained 3.5lb last week (too pis*ed off to post it though) when I should have only gained 1lb and was devastated. So guessing I technically lost 1.5lb :):) Delighted and super motivated for the week. On target of 1lb per week (5lb in the last 5 weeks), I lose it slow but have come to terms with it because 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year. 5 and a half stone left to go but i'm ok with that because I am making a life style change, it's not a quick fix!! :)

im delighted for ya monife.... epecially after last week... to get rid of all of last weeks gain was brilliant!!! you must be hopping from one foot to the other... :D

and +1 on the lifestyle change ... literally only talkin about it earlier with my OH. I had a big dirty mcdonalds last night...26pp.... but I had saved 18 during the day so I only needed to use 8 of my weeklies... he couldn't believe that you can eat things like that and stay on track....

obviously its not something I should be doing all the time but the fact that you can eat rubbish like that and just be good for the rest of the week and work away... its all about making good choices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

im delighted for ya monife.... epecially after last week... to get rid of all of last weeks gain was brilliant!!! you must be hopping from one foot to the other... :D

and +1 on the lifestyle change ... literally only talkin about it earlier with my OH. I had a big dirty mcdonalds last night...26pp.... but I had saved 18 during the day so I only needed to use 8 of my weeklies... he couldn't believe that you can eat things like that and stay on track....

obviously its not something I should be doing all the time but the fact that you can eat rubbish like that and just be good for the rest of the week and work away... its all about making good choices

Definitely. Like you could do a fad diet, lose 20lb in like 4 weeks, and then put it all back on because you have to have a life too and you have to enjoy yourself! That is why I could never do those primal/paleo diets that they rave about in this forum, I need my treats, they keep me sane. What is the point of life if you can't enjoy yourself and indulge once in a while, that's why I love WW. When I hit the next stone mark,which will be 4 stone lost in total (14.5lb to go because of what I gained), definitely going to treat myself to something really nice like a break away in Ireland or something and going to have a bit of what I want off the menu's :) Giving myself 14 weeks, so that would be the first week of June :D

Speaking of enjoying myself, had a lovely dinner tonight, 2 slices of superquinn brown bread (gave it 6PP, small enough, no butter) and 1/2 tin beans (4PP) and now having a packet of prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks and a glass of wine, all within my dailies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Well done on all d losses:-) all our hard work is paying off!! Just wondering how ye decided on your goal weight? I'm looking at the back of the orange booklet and ur says that someone of my height should be between 9st2 and and 11 st 6!l! My leader hasn't told me what my goal is but I asked tonight and she said what do I want my goal to be,does that mean I decide my goal??

Audi,

My leader has never told me either. I know according to my height etc I should be 9 stone. I'm 10 5 now and to be honest I think I'd be too small! I know I said I wanted to lose 2 stone to my leader when I started so 9 13 and I looked good at that. Almost back there woop woop! So when I hit that goal set by me I had the option to keep going but like that 9 13 looked good so was happy at that. Everyone has different frames etc so guidelines are just that guidelines as everyone is different. Hope that helps!

Whoo hoo Monife, I'm chuffed for you delighted you got a 4 pounds loss this week you deserve it so much!well done :)
    I'm with you on losing it slow I am always so happy seeing any loss on the scales :)
    I'm on track for the 1/2 pound a week = 2 stone in a year
    losing it for good :)

evadiva yea dam totm, I just hope my body behaves and I see it gone next week and hope my body doesn't decide it wants to lose 1/2 a pound a week instead. LOL but you know I'm OK with the weight gain, regardless of how much time it takes I will see it gone, I'm more up set that my leader does not think a loss of 1 pound a week is good enough! I might ask her what she wants me to do, I'm planning on showing her my tracker as well so she can see I'm following the program and not cheating

She keeps forgetting I am feeding a baby as well :cool:

I don't know sometimes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hey Guys,

wow lots of posts since yesterday - haven't had a chance to read up yet so will look forward to it in a little while :)

Just a quick question though - had a large fishcake at work today. It was carvery, breaded and deep fat fried and wonderfully delicious. But just trying to figure out propoints now and haven't a clue. It was about 2.5cm high and 12cm across. Any help and guesstimations would be greaatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Down 4lb :D:D:D Delighted.

Delighted for you Monife, great motivation kick for the next week!!! Love it!

@Baby75 - Sorry to hear that. That must have been very demotivating. I mostly only lose a half a week and that is with busting my guts! My leader always keeps my morale up and telling me not to let it get to me, my body is just that way etc. So you will feel better if you say it to her next week. Meetings are there to keep you going on the plan not put you off it!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

wow lots of posts since yesterday - haven't had a chance to read up yet so will look forward to it in a little while :)

Just a quick question though - had a large fishcake at work today. It was carvery, breaded and deep fat fried and wonderfully delicious. But just trying to figure out propoints now and haven't a clue. It was about 2.5cm high and 12cm across. Any help and guesstimations would be greaatly appreciated. Thanks :D

The tiny birdseye ones are 5pp for 2 oven cooked fish cakes, A battered fish from the take away is 16 so I would guess 10 for your one but thats a total guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Thanks JudyD!!! next is to rid myself of the next 3lbs for my 10%....

how are you getting on????

Hey Ali,
    I was thrilled with -1lb this week and now just 1.5lbs to go to reach 10%
    And then 3lbs to lose to get into 14's - woohoo!!! :D
    The tiny birdseye ones are 5pp for 2 oven cooked fish cakes, A battered fish from the take away is 16 so I would guess 10 for your one but thats a total guess!
    Thanks a mil! Was getting more and more addled trying to guesstimate and hadn't a clue by the end of it! :rolleyes:
    Baby75 wrote: »
    WI today went crap...I mean I think I'm doing OK! I was very disheartened earlier, I will keep going it hasn't made me want to give up! I never even got a chance to question her as a big Que behind me and they could all hear what I was saying, she was running late on her talk as well.

I'd be disheartened too if my leader gave me that sort of response. You need a bit of encouragement to stick at it not grief - especially if your doing your best! I'd say put it out of your head and concentrate on what you want to achieve and how good you'll look when you get there! :cool: And mightn't do any harm to try a different ww meeting in your area?? Good luck and stick at it!! :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    @Baby75 - Sorry to hear that. That must have been very demotivating. I mostly only lose a half a week and that is with busting my guts! My leader always keeps my morale up and telling me not to let it get to me, my body is just that way etc. So you will feel better if you say it to her next week. Meetings are there to keep you going on the plan not put you off it!
    Thanks maggieMay
    Yea I know, its not the first time with this leader either my last leader was very supportive used to tell you not to worry about being up esp when you weren't happy about it she never forgot important information about you either, I mean I would be happy to see a loss each week no matter how small doing nothing is far worse!

I'm actually also thinking of changing class!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Booking holiday to Portugal in August. Bring on the bikini motivation!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Im away May 5th want to be at goal by then :) I was in lanzarote the week before Christmas made good choices, but between that and christmas i was up a few lbs :)

• Advertisement

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey Ali,
    I was thrilled with -1lb this week and now just 1.5lbs to go to reach 10%
    And then 3lbs to lose to get into 14's - woohoo!!! :D

Thanks a mil! Was getting more and more addled trying to guesstimate and hadn't a clue by the end of it! :rolleyes:

I'd be disheartened too if my leader gave me that sort of response. You need a bit of encouragement to stick at it not grief - especially if your doing your best! I'd say put it out of your head and concentrate on what you want to achieve and how good you'll look when you get there! :cool: And mightn't do any harm to try a different ww meeting in your area?? Good luck and stick at it!! :)
    I think I will try another meeting, I love the morning meeting but there is another on around the same time so might check that out bit of a walk though ! good luck this week hope you see that 10% I'm nearly at mine as well was only 0.5 but 2 pounds to it now I will get it though!
    Buy one and hang it in your room so you can see it! oh and so jealous would love a week some were hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

@Baby75: Haven't been on a sun holiday since 2007 and was really conscious of my weight when I was there so want it to be different this time round! Can't wait for the break away to do absolutely NOTHING! Will have just handed up my thesis and will be about the start solicitor training college in Dublin so will soak up every minute of sun and relax....in my toned size 12 bikini!! :cool: (Hopefully!!)

@Baby75: Haven't been on a sun holiday since 2007 and was really conscious of my weight when I was there so want it to be different this time round! Can't wait for the break away to do absolutely NOTHING! Will have just handed up my thesis and will be about the start solicitor training college in Dublin so will soak up every minute of sun and relax....in my toned size 12 bikini!! :cool: (Hopefully!!)

I went away 2 years ago, when I was down to 10st 13.5lb all weight went back on coz i never went back to ww....

the OH is bringing me to budapest in June... and is treating me to my hair done this saturday to celebrate my stone... :D

good luck to yas all with your bikini motivation.... im with yas 100%!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Down 2 at WI tonight, dleighted. Also got my 5% goal. That's 9.5 pounds in 4 weeks. Am so glad the programme seems to b working for me this time. Really hope I can keep it up though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Down 2.5 today thats my first silver seven in the bag and the happiest grin on my face all evening!

Boop22 wrote: »
    Down 2 at WI tonight, dleighted. Also got my 5% goal. That's 9.5 pounds in 4 weeks. Am so glad the programme seems to b working for me this time. Really hope I can keep it up though :-)
    hollee wrote: »
    Down 2.5 today thats my first silver seven in the bag and the happiest grin on my face all evening!

well done both of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, hows everyone's week going, has anyone tried the filling and healthy days, been stuck at the same weight the last 2 weeks so my leader thinks it might give me a kick, its looks easy enough...almost too easy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Well done all - again! :D

What a beautiful evening this evening - went for a lovely long walk after work, came home, showered, put a colour in my hair, had lovely lasagne and a mountain of veg!... 'And I'm feeling good.... ♪'
    Determined to be extra good from now til next WI on Wednesday - touch wood!

Friday already :eek: Good luck all for the weekend and the coming week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Stood on the scales this morn for a sneeky one and saw the magic number of 11, well 11st 13.5 to be exact but still, way hay!!! Just need to keep it going to make it official for my ww@home WI on Monday. Got that Friday feeling now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Wel done on all the losses!! @monife brilliant weight loss killing the gain in one foul swoop that's fantastic go you :-)

Have weigh in tomorrow morning had some KFC last night jus about within my points an been so good all week. The ww oz app is so good to keep ya on track!! Really hoping for a loss here's praying and hoping haha :-)

Hope u all have a great ww weekend :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement