Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

aisling.h. wrote: »
    hi all an well done to everyone whos sticking with it, lost nearly 5 stone with ww afew yrs ago, joined back up last week and im up nearly 2 stone :( but i did it before so hoping i can do it again, took a few days to get used to the pro points as im so used to the old points..way in tomorrow nite so fingers crossed im down even 1 pound...delighted i found this tread.

Hi aisling, at least u started back so u have now taken the first step. Best of luck with wi tomorrow. Let us know how u get on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

well done on all the WIs folks....

@Cliodhna well done!! :D

@tinypenguin... well done on STS... mine are due in the next week and I am dreading it... really struggling so well done hun!!! you will be down loads next week... you always are! :D

Just did 30 mins on the wii fit (15 mins @ moderate and 15 @ high intensity..) then did 30 mins cardio on the My Fitness Coach. Im SHATTERED!!!

I work in an office but i am always running around... my desk is something i see for about 15 mins every hour ha! I have been taking the stairs in work and all so the way i see it, I cant do anymore than what I have done this week. WI tomorrow night...come what may!!!! :D

Glad you are all talking about building up your exercise. I am 11st 7lb now and want to lose another 2st so I know its going to get harder and harder to lose so if i just keep building gradually hopefully I will get there by my birthday in September... thats my realistic goal.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

aisling.h. wrote: »
    hi all an well done to everyone whos sticking with it, lost nearly 5 stone with ww afew yrs ago, joined back up last week and im up nearly 2 stone :( but i did it before so hoping i can do it again, took a few days to get used to the pro points as im so used to the old points..way in tomorrow nite so fingers crossed im down even 1 pound...delighted i found this tread.

Hi Aisling, Looks like you and I are in the same boat! We will do it again, best of luck with ur WI 2mro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

loving this thread!! spoke to my leader today and guess what... she said EXACTLY what ye said! my body is aching for carbs and protein that im not giving it so i have to use my weeklies and see how i get on.

Im in NZ so im wondering if we have different books and courses but have any of you tried the Filling & Healthy Eating Days??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Taz1 wrote: »
    STS this week. I suppose it's better than being up but I just realised that I'd been pointing yoghurts at 1 point when they should have been 3, I'm hoping this and the fact that I don't measure my milk or butter (I have a "ah sure I only take a tiny bit I'll say its one point" attitude!) is the problem, because I've been tracking well other than that and going for runs/training.
    I think I got away with that attitude towards the butter and milk at the start coz the weight falls off easier at the start anyway, but now that I'm almost 12 weeks into the programme and down to the minimal 26 points I don't think it'll cut it any more! The past month I've either STS or put on weight; is this normal 12 weeks in, finding it harder to make any loss at all.. And yes I am in the process of varying what I eat and changing my exercise. Has anyone else experienced this slump before or am I just doing something wrong? While I'm still motivated its becoming VERY discouraging...

Are you eating your weeklies? If not, do.

Also, weighing and measuring will show you if you're wrong about the "ah it's only a little bit" thing.

Weigh in tonight after work. Here's hoping! My scales was very kind to me this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Das Kitty wrote: »

Also, weighing and measuring will show you if you're wrong about the "ah it's only a
    little bit" thing.

Weigh in tonight after work. Here's hoping! My scales was very kind to me this morning!

Had a sneaky look on my scales this morn...can I borrow yours tho because mine was not very kind 2 me@ al@all!!! :( have til sat morn 4 my WI so stil some time!! Water is goin in like thers no tomorrow!!!

Muscles are very sore 2day so I'm uppin my protein intake to aid muscle repair and recovery (home ec 101 right there!!!lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hey All,

Posted a big message from my phone yesterday evening which disappeared as soon as I tried to post it! :mad:

Long story short I was down 1lb yesterday eve which is 22lbs so far with ww and 2stone gone since last september! :D

Just want to say thanks so much to everyone posting on this thread and all the girls doing blogs - it is all such an inspiration and really keeps me motivated (and I'm sure I'm not the only one!). I actually feel for the first time time that getting to my goal weight is achievable so THANKS!!! (Maybe watched too much of the oscars but genuinely mean it!)

Good luck to everyone with WI's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

supermouse wrote: »
    loving this thread!! spoke to my leader today and guess what... she said EXACTLY what ye said! my body is aching for carbs and protein that im not giving it so i have to use my weeklies and see how i get on.

Im in NZ so im wondering if we have different books and courses but have any of you tried the Filling & Healthy Eating Days??

I'm going to try a filling and healthy day this week, let you know how I get on! good luck this week, you will see such a difference:)
    JudyD wrote: »
    Hey All,

Posted a big message from my phone yesterday evening which disappeared as soon as I tried to post it! :mad:

Long story short I was down 1lb yesterday eve which is 22lbs so far with ww and 2stone gone since last september! :D

Just want to say thanks so much to everyone posting on this thread and all the girls doing blogs - it is all such an inspiration and really keeps me motivated (and I'm sure I'm not the only one!). I actually feel for the first time time that getting to my goal weight is achievable so THANKS!!! (Maybe watched too much of the oscars but genuinely mean it!)

Good luck to everyone with WI's :)

well done that's a great loss I know what FX this week I will be down 18 pounds and get my 10% and I'm nearly a year at it now! but I'm breastfeeding and I'm happy to lose a pound to 2 pounds a week even half a pound as long as its in the right direction!

ps I know what you mean about the thread great support, I miss the talk and its great having here to check in to about whats happening and for much needed support and tips! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all well done on the losses!! Yay :-)

To tiny penguin mine arrived today and I didn't realize they were due... Booo! WI sat morning hoping il still be ok considering iv been really good with planning and exercise had a bigger loss than expected last week so trying to balance it all out!!

To those of you that are starting again from the first time they have done ww!! I lost four stone in 2009 in ww in ten months an since then have been back and fourth to ww for various reasons!! Now in oz I'm determined to get to goal!! The pp plan is the most sustainable plan for living and I know you and me both can lose weight and be healthy and get to goal again :-)

Hope you all are having a good week!!

To super mouse I'm in Melbourne so our plan is definitely the same I will keep u in min for any tips etc hope your week ahead goes good :-)

Shell x

Quick question about the salter scales, I've had mine a good few weeks now and I got it to help keep me motivated esp with the extra exercise I've been doing so I could see my fat% decrease or if my water was low or very high.

when I did a quick WI this morning its showing my weight down, water levels normal but fat% has jumped to 44% :eek: now I have my activity level set a 1 and I deffiently do a lot more than that, so wondering if that could be the reason why! time to change my activity level setting may be!

any one else notice this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Also, weighing and measuring will show you if you're wrong about the "ah it's only a little bit" thing.

Yep, I always use my weeklies.. Yesterday was my first day to measure my butter and milk and I reckon I when I was guesstimating I probably should have added another point on for both, thats an extra 2 points per day, plus 2 points for calculating yoghurt wrong the days I was having it. Could 4 points over almost every day really be the problem??

Taz1 wrote: »
    Yep, I always use my weeklies.. Yesterday was my first day to measure my butter and milk and I reckon I when I was guesstimating I probably should have added another point on for both, thats an extra 2 points per day, plus 2 points for calculating yoghurt wrong the days I was having it. Could 4 points over almost every day really be the problem??

30 points per day + 49 weeklies is outside of the plan.

To be honest, when I eat all my 49 I'm usually up (I'm on 29 pts) so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem. It's amazing what the right balance can change. Make sure to weigh carbs too, I'm a very generous pourer when it comes to cereal, so I always weigh it. Being honest with yourself when you're keeping the tracker is probably just as important as keeping it in the first place IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

30 points per day + 49 weeklies is outside of the plan.

To be honest, when I eat all my 49 I'm usually up (I'm on 29 pts) so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem. It's amazing what the right balance can change. Make sure to weigh carbs too, I'm a very generous pourer when it comes to cereal, so I always weigh it. Being honest with yourself when you're keeping the tracker is probably just as important as keeping it in the first place IMO

I don't always use all my weeklies..I'm going to try not dip into them as much this week to see if that helps..I was probably spending too many points on treats at the end of the day too, like 4-5 points on chocolate or sweet treats in total almost every day.. Probably not good I know! Like I said I still lost weight doing it that way before so I never thought there was anything wrong with it, but now my points are lowered and I'm only about half a stone away from my goal I probably need to be extra strict to shed those last few pounds...

WI tonight... Like I said last night , i really couldn't do any more.

Need at least 0.5lb down to get my first stone so here's hoping for that.

Sneaky look this morning told me I was down 2lb but obviously first thing in the morning I haven't had anything to eat or whatever...

Just trying to do this slow and steady...

I'm loving this thread at the moment... so many good tips and motivational stuff.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Anyone have the propoints for Little Caesars?? I had Pollo alla Cacciatora with tagetelli-
    Marinated chicken (breast) cooked over a charcoal grill served with peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic & oregano lightly stir fried in a red with tomato sauce. I'm guessing 10 for the pasta, 4 for chicken, 2 for sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mags87

Hi girls! So third times a charm and I'm back on Ww with a vengeance! Tracked everything last week and got some exercise and lost 6lb so am hoping for maybe 2 or 3 this week. Just a quick q...I pointed a 30g bag of Manhattan popcorn on my app as 3pp??? And.30g light philli as 1? Is that right?? Some amazing motivation here also...best of luck with all this weeks WIs!

2lb down.

Pesky half pound, I coulda been at goal! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Well I was up a half pound today, my 1st up since I started. It's my own fault. Need a good kick. Need to do a good shop & get back to weighing everything again, basically get motivated like I was in the beginning.

Hey, don't have my pocket guide to hand. Can anyone tell me how many pp in 100g lean beef??

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hey, don't have my pocket guide to hand. Can anyone tell me how many pp in 100g lean beef??

Extra lean raw is 6pp for 125g or just 5 in 100g
    normal raw mince is 8pp for 140g or almost 6 for 100g

hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Down 3.5lbs, delighted, hopefully itll be the boost I need to keep going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Haven't posted in a while, but I have been lurking to keep the motivation going. Had 2 weigh-ins since last time, 0.5lb and then a surprising 1.5lb. I say surprising since it was my first week when I went over my weeklys I had a birthday dinner and couldn't resist dessert and I normally end up using half my weeklys for Sunday dinner with the parents. I don't exercise as much as the rest of you and did even less last week. I'm expecting it to catch up with me this week, so I'm trying to be extra good on the exercise. Hopefully at worst I'll get a STS. Anyway whatever happens I'm about to be under 12 stone, so looking forward to seeing the 11's for the first time in a long time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Just did my WI and I am down 2 :) That's 24 lbs so far, very happy! :D I have the 11's at least in sight now - never thought I would get within an asses roar of that again! :p Fingers crossed! :)

This thread is my class.... the motivation, stories, ups & downs, rants & raves just spur ya on! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Well got weighed this mornin and 3lbs off ,delighted...trying as much as possible to point things before they go into my mouth !!!!
    This week I tried to eat a lighter lunch,staying away from breads and this also then gave me a couple of points to snack on at night !
    Good luck to all and thanks for all the hints and tips !
    :)

Casher wrote: »
    Extra lean raw is 6pp for 125g or just 5 in 100g
    normal raw mince is 8pp for 140g or almost 6 for 100g

hope this helps

Thanks Casher, it was actually lean diced beef I had...looked in the pocket guide and pointed it as sirloin and gave it 5pp. I was panicking thinking it was going to be about 10pp ( I must have been thinking along the lines that pasta/rice weighs 1pp per 10g :rolleyes:).

Just made a gorgeous dinner. Diced beef in the pan with red pepper, mushrooms and onions add in a dollop of philli and a dash of sweet chilli sauce. Had this with 50g brown rice and added black pepper. It was the nicest thing i've had in a while and tasted as good as a take away. The philli makes it reallly creamy :)

WI tomorrow and I know I'm going to be up after my weekend but I have nothing at all planned for the next 2 weekends so gonna be extra good and exercise more. Did a 5k walk and 30 mins high intensity in gym tonight not great but better than nothing... really looking forward to getting tomorrow's weigh in out of the way so that I can aim for a good loss next week.

Well done on all the fab losses girls:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

mags87 wrote: »
    Hi girls! So third times a charm and I'm back on Ww with a vengeance! Tracked everything last week and got some exercise and lost 6lb so am hoping for maybe 2 or 3 this week. Just a quick q...I pointed a 30g bag of Manhattan popcorn on my app as 3pp??? And.30g light philli as 1? Is that right?? Some amazing motivation here also...best of luck with all this weeks WIs!

The 30g manhatten popcorn is 4PP ;) You're right on the philli :)

well done on the great losses every one :)

Boop22 that sounds yummy I will have to give that a go!

Just back from WI....

I GOT IT!!!! :D:D

I finally got my stone... after playing with the last 3lb for 4 weeks then being half a pound off last week... i was down 2 this week... im down to 11st 5lb... that my 15.5lb altogether... soooo happy!!!

:D:D:D

well done on all the losses.... they are brilliant... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

ali85 wrote: »
    Just back from WI....

I GOT IT!!!! :D:D

I finally got my stone... after playing with the last 3lb for 4 weeks then being half a pound off last week... i was down 2 this week... im down to 11st 5lb... that my 15.5lb altogether... soooo happy!!!

:D:D:D

well done on all the losses.... they are brilliant... :D

Congrats! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Ok so like I said last week I didn't go to WI because of my birthday. WI tonight and I was down 3lbs! OMG that's the most I've ever managed to lose on the programme. More importantly I finally got my stone!!!!! It's taken an age but I'm so glad I stuck with it!

I changed everything up this week, cycled instead of walked, tried loads of new foods, reduced portions a little and cut back a bit on fruit as I was eating alot for the sake of it and voila! Roll on this week :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement