Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Just pointed these as we are gettin pizza this evening.... 9pp for all the 7inch ones that have real chicken... i didnt point the ones with quorn coz i think thats muck! :D

thats me sorted for the evening.... :D

Had a lovely brunch this morning of just 9pp.... so i will still have some extras if i fancy something alongside my pizza... might stick some homemade wedgies in the oven and make up some light garlic mayo... :D

im not doing too well exercise wise though, am losing the motivation for exercise.... was on the wii fit plus for an hour last night, but most of that was moderate stuff... have to buck up my ideas! :D

got a great boost there a while ago, was in my old local shop and my old neighbour was there and I haven't seen her since the new year, she kept commenting on how well i look and how much weight i have lost.... real boost to the self esteem!!! now to start seeing it in myself... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Monife wrote: »
    Does 2 hours of cleaning, that makes you break into a sweat, count as activity? Just finished cleaning the whole apartment, skirting boards and everything. Going to walk up to Lidl in a mo to get a few things (it's only 2km round trip) but sooo not in the mood to go for a proper walk today.

Id defo count that! Activity points arent always about the gym, I walked to the hairdressers today 5miles in total, saved me stressing about getting a parking spot. Was such a nice day and I was nattering on the phone catching up while I walked. Bonus is ive points earned towards a nice dessert I will enjoy later.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

ali85 wrote: »
    Just pointed these as we are gettin pizza this evening.... 9pp for all the 7inch ones that have real chicken... i didnt point the ones with quorn coz i think thats muck! :D

thats me sorted for the evening.... :D

Had a lovely brunch this morning of just 9pp.... so i will still have some extras if i fancy something alongside my pizza... might stick some homemade wedgies in the oven and make up some light garlic mayo... :D

im not doing too well exercise wise though, am losing the motivation for exercise.... was on the wii fit plus for an hour last night, but most of that was moderate stuff... have to buck up my ideas! :D

got a great boost there a while ago, was in my old local shop and my old neighbour was there and I haven't seen her since the new year, she kept commenting on how well i look and how much weight i have lost.... real boost to the self esteem!!! now to start seeing it in myself... :D

Dont loose the motivation, mix it up a bit! I find when I can keep the exercise interesting, like walking with a friend or Im on a mission (like today) its much easier to do. Keep at it, cos those compliments will just keep coming at ya!

Omg, skinny pizza sounds fab, my leader was telling us how to make ones out of a wrap using passata and light mozzarella but sometimes takeaway is just what you want....will be trying those out!

hollee wrote: »
    Dont loose the motivation, mix it up a bit! I find when I can keep the exercise interesting, like walking with a friend or Im on a mission (like today) its much easier to do. Keep at it, cos those compliments will just keep coming at ya!

Omg, skinny pizza sounds fab, my leader was telling us how to make ones out of a wrap using passata and light mozzarella but sometimes takeaway is just what you want....will be trying those out!

yea our leader was talking about that as well... making them out of tortilla wraps... just dying to find out what the four star pizza stuff tastes like.... :D

I will let yas know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Yes, it will be a problem, if not now, further along in your WW journey. Leaders recommend you to eat ALL of your dailies, the weeklies are optional. If you don't eat your set amount (minus maybe 2 or 3 the odd time), your body could think you are not giving it enough food/nutrients and rather than burning fat, it will store it/hang on to it. If you are finding it hard because you are eating so much healthier, try adding in more protein to meals or some avocado to salads or a little bit of pasta. Try using full fat butter and milk (these are not our enemies if used in moderation, they are actually better for you than low fat things as low fat things have a lot of additives). If you are only eating 30 odd PP now and when you do lose weight and your PP reduces, you will find further down the line that you will hit a major plateau as your body is used to the calories you are taking in and therefore it will be like you are maintaining.

With regards to the weeklies, they are optional. Some people find if they eat less of them the lose more and some people find if they eat more of them they lose more. It is different for everybody as all of our bodies work in different ways. If you are exercising a lot (say earning over 20PP of exercise points) and if you do hit a plateau, it might be advisable to eat some of your weeklies at that stage. Also, we all can't be perfect all the time. You are having your 3 meals a day now and not going out at the weekend, but there will come a time that you would like to go out for a meal or get a takeaway or go to the pub or even have a few drinks at home (if you drink), and then you will be glad of the weeklies.

Best of luck on your WW journey (sorry for the long post) :D

Thanks so much Monife for your help and advice. I really appreciate it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

From reading loads on wendy as I am quite interested in it, a lot of people say you need to do it for two or 3 weeks to see the true benifits and results as your body adjusts

Thanks for that. I had read that you're only supposed to do it for 2 weeks in a row at a time as it's not a sustainable plan. I'll add on the extra week so and hopefully it'll show. I'll let you know how it goes :)

well just had the Four Star Peppa Chicken skinny pizza. OMG... it is gorgeous!!! 9pp!!! Its just crazy!! it tastes no different to any other pizza I have had and it is a lot bigger than i expected... it is really good. Especially whan I have a WW pepperoni in my freezer or 13pp that leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Something else i noticed on the Four Star menu was that they have Quorn Dippers.... not really my bag but if its yours... maybe give them a go... :D

I made home made wedgies from 150g of potato, a side salad and some garlic bread using a 3pp muffin n 1pp worth of low fat spread... oh and some garlic mayo @ 1pp... so all in all a HUGE plate of food for just 17pp.... I am stuffed to the gills but believe it or not, I haven't gone over my dailies... so proud of my savings today!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

So annoyed of my lack of exercise these days. Got in the car to head for a walk along the coast earlier when the heavens opened so I had to turn aronnd and come home. Did the cardio box section of my davina dvd but its not exactly what id call a proper workout!!! Wasn't meant to drink this weekend but just opened a bulmers light a few mins ago:-( let's hope tomorrow is a better day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    So annoyed of my lack of exercise these days. Got in the car to head for a walk along the coast earlier when the heavens opened so I had to turn aronnd and come home. Did the cardio box section of my davina dvd but its not exactly what id call a proper workout!!! Wasn't meant to drink this weekend but just opened a bulmers light a few mins ago:-( let's hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Yeah I have no interest in exercise at the weekend anymore. Walked up to LIDL and back and cleaned the house but that was it. Taking tomorrow off exercise but we're off to Zumba on Monday and Aqua Aerobics on Tuesday so that will make up for it :) So much for trying to only use 10 weeklies this weekend aswell. Have used 24 already and feel like having one more drink :o so that will be 27. Ah well, by Thursday, I will definitely have done more exercise in a week than I have done in a long time so that will make up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I didn't do much exercise yesterday either, small walk was all, but I'm heading out to a sports open day meant to be a free Zumba class so hoping I can do that if baby lets me LOL

I signed up for a walk on good Friday as well, for charity looking forward to it now its a 4 hour walk in to the Wicklow mountains!

I got the new WW mag on Thursday and made one of the treats out of it and they worked out lovely, going to put it on my blog later! kids loved them as well.

• Advertisement

Anybody know how many pp in a smoothie from zumo bar? Really have a craving for one today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Anybody know how many pp in a smoothie from zumo bar? Really have a craving for one today :-)

Try and watch what they are putting in it and try point it that way. If you are getting yoghurt in it, it is probably full fat. They add a good bit of orange juice in them too so you will have to point that aswell. Fruit is free :)

Edit: Here is the Zumo smoothie website. The smoothies are made with low fat milk, orange juice and low fat probiotic yoghurt. My Fitness Pal has the calories of a Zumo berry smoothie at 210 calories, which I would guestimate at around 5PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Was out last night and the motivation is slipping so badly. All I want is a fry or a pizza or something. I've been so good (within reason). Today is going to take a lot of willpower.

Try and watch what they are putting in it and try point it that way. If you are getting yoghurt in it, it is probably full fat. They add a good bit of orange juice in them too so you will have to point that aswell. Fruit is free :)

Edit: Here is the Zumo smoothie website. The smoothies are made with low fat milk, orange juice and low fat probiotic yoghurt. My Fitness Pal has the calories of a Zumo berry smoothie at 210 calories, which I would guestimate at around 5PP.

Thanks a mill. I knew it was low fat frozen yogurt they use, didn't realise they use milk too :-/ the one I get has a squeeze of honey in it to so I reckon another pp for that. Ah I think I'll give it a miss so. Lol if the website has the calories at 210, wud that include the calories in the fruit too??
    Deffo gonna get a walk in today, really nice day outside :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Nesie wrote: »
    Was out last night and the motivation is slipping so badly. All I want is a fry or a pizza or something. I've been so good (within reason). Today is going to take a lot of willpower.

Couldn't agree more Nesie - finding Sundays insanely difficult lately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I'm down 11 pounds now so far and I am sooo looking forward to loosing the next 3 pounds!

I hope it doesn't take forever and a day!

Went for a 6k walk yesterday! Took 2 hours, would have defo liked to have done it in a shorter time so i'll keep trying =)
    Don't usually take my activity points earned into account but last night I decided to check it up, out of curiosity!
    2 x 60mins moderate intensity exercise earns 15 extra activity points! That's crazy, that's so many extra points!
    I have used all my weeklies already so it's nice to have a bit of a back up, but i'm defo going to try not use them at all.

For lunch today I had half a tin of Erin condensed low fat mushroom soup, for 1pp, the whole tin is only 2pp, great value =)

I have a job interview tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that goes as well as the weight loss is going =)

Good luck for the next week everybody =)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Does 2 hours of cleaning, that makes you break into a sweat, count as activity? Just finished cleaning the whole apartment, skirting boards and everything. Going to walk up to Lidl in a mo to get a few things (it's only 2km round trip) but sooo not in the mood to go for a proper walk today.

Ha ha! That was my question last Sunday and yep reckon it counts :) I had a good loss that week. I reckon getting off your butt and moving is activity!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    For lunch today I had half a tin of Erin condensed low fat mushroom soup, for 1pp, the whole tin is only 2pp, great value =)

I have a job interview tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that goes as well as the weight loss is going =)

Good luck for the next week everybody =)

Hey Cliodhna, I would double check the nutritional info. I use this all the time and I'm sure it's 4 for the can. It's condensed so it makes 400g of soup so you have to do the 100g info by 4! Fingers crossed for the interview, hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Was super good all week then had 2 nights out!! Used all my weeklies and then some wi Tuesday and really p'd off with myself for ruining a good week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

ali85 wrote: »
    well just had the Four Star Peppa Chicken skinny pizza. OMG... it is gorgeous!!!

Oh goody, can't wait to try one of these. I really don't like the taste of the ww Pizza's so this will be such a treat.
    Cliodhna26 wrote: »

Good luck with the interview tmw Cliodhna.

Having a great weekend food wise, I drank my weeklies last night but stayed within the 49 but just wish I didn't use all of them. Oh well too late now. Drank a couple litres of water today not only to re-hydrate but feel so much better when I get water into me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Went to enniskillen today for the day just to pass a few hours

I got 8 cans of pepsi max for £2.50 0pp each

A pack of WW wraps for £1 there 3pp each

Mini Chocolate Philly 4 little 30g tubs for £1 the 2pp each

Skinny Cow Caramel Swirls Ice Creams you get 3 in the box for £1 for 2pp each

Had dinner in Weatherspoons which had the pp on the website so used 15pp on that, had the skinny cow ice cream for desert and will save the rest of my bargains for during the week. WI on Tuesday and have 32 weeklies left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey Cliodhna, I would double check the nutritional info. I use this all the time and I'm sure it's 4 for the can. It's condensed so it makes 400g of soup so you have to do the 100g info by 4! Fingers crossed for the interview, hope it goes well!

Thank you SO much for pointing that out! That would have led to a disaster! And I wouldn't have know where the disaster was coming from!
    Thanks again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Have been so good all week. Had a takeaway last night but still have 24 of my weeklies left! Did the runamuck challenge yesterday and it was so much fun. Not a huge amount of running but lots of climbing and def god a great workout cos I am very sore today!

But despite this I still feel like I haven't lost any weight. I am so bloated and just feel huge! Am dreading Tuesday! Feels like all I do is come on here to complain, prob not good.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the lowest pp frozen oven chips? Had the mccain home fries crinkle cut chips which worked out at 8pp for 150g. They are gorgeous but the portion was quite small for the pp value:-/
    Ps thanks to whoever posted about making ur own garlic mayo. Made some tonight using lighter than light mayo and it was Yum :-D

Have been so good all week. Had a takeaway last night but still have 24 of my weeklies left! Did the runamuck challenge yesterday and it was so much fun. Not a huge amount of running but lots of climbing and def god a great workout cos I am very sore today!

But despite this I still feel like I haven't lost any weight. I am so bloated and just feel huge! Am dreading Tuesday! Feels like all I do is come on here to complain, prob not good.

Hi tiny, I felt like that last week but still lost 2 pound very unexpectedly. What I did was drank some serious amount of water. A lot more than what i wud normally have. Maybe give that a try?! Have u stepped on the scales to see if you have lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

iv just a quick question regarding the F&H days...iv been doing it all weekend and was just wondering how many points people spend when they do them? iv used 6 yesterday and so far today iv used 4, so thats 10 gone out of my weeklys gone so far (they reset on fri and i didnt use any on fri). do people use more than that on F&H??
    feel like possibly treating myself in a little while but i dont know what i want, iv been so good over the weekend i dont want to ruin it!!lol but its a bit late so i dono if il actually get around to having anything!!
    hope every1 had a nice weekend

well ladies i just gave myself a kick in the backside... i had done little or no exercise all weekend... was on the wii on friday evening being productive for all of about 20 mins... then playing the games til i reached my calorie target.... did nothing yesterday, although I was good with food...

today was a new day... i got up and onto my new wii fit game and worked at it for an hour... granted 15 mins was at a very low pace but i did the boxing, the jogging, stepping etc.... all hardcore stuff.... then i broke out my other game, the My Fitness Coach Dance work out....

Holy bejeebus!!! its brilliant... just did 30 mins of it and I am wrecked but i feel great! It tells you how many calories you burn (obviously on a rough basis but it takes your weight at the start so i assume it has some grain of truth in it... ) Its really energetic and I find it much better than the Zumba dvd because it is interactive as you use the wii remotes and board if you want...

Im back on the exercise track again.. thank god... think TOTM is around the corner and i just want 1lb down this week to keep my momentum going... have used 20 weeklies but gained almost that in activity pp...

So glad I got up off me bum!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the lowest pp frozen oven chips? Had the mccain home fries crinkle cut chips which worked out at 8pp for 150g. They are gorgeous but the portion was quite small for the pp value:-/
    Ps thanks to whoever posted about making ur own garlic mayo. Made some tonight using lighter than light mayo and it was Yum :-D

Hi, had a look through previous pages and cant find the post on making your garlic mayo, could you tell me how?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Danii86 wrote: »
    iv just a quick question regarding the F&H days...iv been doing it all weekend and was just wondering how many points people spend when they do them? iv used 6 yesterday and so far today iv used 4, so thats 10 gone out of my weeklys gone so far (they reset on fri and i didnt use any on fri). do people use more than that on F&H??
    feel like possibly treating myself in a little while but i dont know what i want, iv been so good over the weekend i dont want to ruin it!!lol but its a bit late so i dono if il actually get around to having anything!!
    hope every1 had a nice weekend

hi, i had a filling and healthy day today and on friday and i only used 2 on friday and 4 today but then i did have a vegetarian dinner today and no butter on the toast i had with my baked beans at lunch, going shopping tomorrow so i can have a F&H day on tuesday and wednesday, i think it really depends on the person in threoy if you were having a week of F&H you could use up to 7 points a day

sorry for the ramble but hope that helps

• Advertisement

foundry wrote: »
    Hi, had a look through previous pages and cant find the post on making your garlic mayo, could you tell me how?
    Thanks!

Hi foundry,

Basically all I did was get some lighter than light mayo and added some garlic from a garlic grinder....sounds so simple. I just never thought of doing it before. I always stay away from garlic mayo in chipper/restaurants etc. because it would be so high in points, but the homemade one tastes just as nice:D I'm sure there is a better way of making it, but I am not very domesticated so I'll stick to this:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement