Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Casher wrote: »
    Stood on the scales this morn for a sneeky one and saw the magic number of 11, well 11st 13.5 to be exact but still, way hay!!! Just need to keep it going to make it official for my ww@home WI on Monday. Got that Friday feeling now!!

Well done:) I cannot wait to hit the 11's haven't been that weight in an awful long time. Another 9 pound to go but I'm going to do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Boop22 wrote: »
    Casher wrote: »
    Stood on the scales this morn for a sneeky one and saw the magic number of 11, well 11st 13.5 to be exact but still, way hay!!! Just need to keep it going to make it official for my ww@home WI on Monday. Got that Friday feeling now!!

Well done:) I cannot wait to hit the 11's haven't been that weight in an awful long time. Another 9 pound to go but I'm going to do it :D

Been a while since I last saw them too. Hopefully I won't be here long, roll on the 10s and my goal weight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Oh im having a terrible week. Not food wise, have been within my propoints. Its just my TOTM is taking its sweet time coming and I have the worst PMS ever. I am so bloated and feel like im overeating at every meal even though I'm not at all! Just feel rotten. Also I have lost all motivation for exercise, have runamuck on sat but that will prob be all the exercise I do all week.

On the plus not going out this weekend so shouldnt have to use many weeklies. Want a few celebratory drinks on sat night to celebrate the run but that'll be at home. Am only 2 days into the week and am already worried about my WI on tuesday! Being a woman sucks sometimes with all these hormones and stuff! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Monife wrote: »
    Down 4lb :D:D:D Delighted. Gained 3.5lb last week (too pis*ed off to post it though) when I should have only gained 1lb and was devastated. So guessing I technically lost 1.5lb :):) Delighted and super motivated for the week. On target of 1lb per week (5lb in the last 5 weeks), I lose it slow but have come to terms with it because 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year. 5 and a half stone left to go but i'm ok with that because I am making a life style change, it's not a quick fix!! :)

Ah congrats Monife, that's brill! Not only did you manage to rein it back but you also lost on top of that! Well done :D
    ali85 wrote: »
    I went away 2 years ago, when I was down to 10st 13.5lb all weight went back on coz i never went back to ww....

the OH is bringing me to budapest in June... and is treating me to my hair done this saturday to celebrate my stone... :D

good luck to yas all with your bikini motivation.... im with yas 100%!!! :D

You lucky thing! He's very good to you! :D
    Boop22 wrote: »
    Down 2 at WI tonight, dleighted. Also got my 5% goal. That's 9.5 pounds in 4 weeks. Am so glad the programme seems to b working for me this time. Really hope I can keep it up though :-)

You can indeed! Congratulations on your loss! Fab :D
    hollee wrote: »
    Down 2.5 today thats my first silver seven in the bag and the happiest grin on my face all evening!

I would say so! I know I did! Congrats! :D
    hey all, hows everyone's week going, has anyone tried the filling and healthy days, been stuck at the same weight the last 2 weeks so my leader thinks it might give me a kick, its looks easy enough...almost too easy:)

I'm a bit the same. Thinking of trying it one day next week and seeing how I get on. Haven't done it before mind you, so let me know how you get on if you try it first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Down 1lb this morn!!! Happy days, down 2 weeks in a row, so def think I'm back in the zone :)
    Having a 'skinny girly night' tonight with my bestie who isn't doin WW but is making a conscious effort to Be good, cooking up a delish 9pp stirfry and iv goten in a big bag of manhatten popcorn and a mix of snackajacks, she's bringing the dvds and the diet 7up!!!lol
    However I'm havin a pizza and dvd night with another friend 2moro night :eeek: has any1 seen/tried/pointed 4stars new skinny range of pizzas? We got the leaflet in the door the other day but I just glanced @it before fecking it out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Down a pound this week - happy days!

Back into the tens after being bold for a couple of weeks .. I always seem to be dancing around the 11 stone mark!

Anyway, here's to getting as close to 10st 7lbs for Easter as possible!!!!

Happy weekend everyone - hope it stays sunny! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

Any one know off hand how many pp in the tangle twister icecream:)

user37 wrote: »
    Any one know off hand how many pp in the tangle twister icecream:)

As far as I know they are 2pp! So yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all! Could anyone recommend a good yoga dvd to me? I started a class once a week and it's going to be great to limber me up & make me more supple for my horse riding. So would like to do it more often, without the added expense of a class. Any suggestions welcome as there are far too many to count on amazon, so wouldn't know where to start ;-)

Hey there, I do a yoga class once a week too and our teacher gave us some printouts that we can do at home, maybe ask your teacher if he/she would do the same for you?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Oh im having a terrible week. Not food wise, have been within my propoints. Its just my TOTM is taking its sweet time coming and I have the worst PMS ever. I am so bloated and feel like im overeating at every meal even though I'm not at all! Just feel rotten. Also I have lost all motivation for exercise, have runamuck on sat but that will prob be all the exercise I do all week.

On the plus not going out this weekend so shouldnt have to use many weeklies. Want a few celebratory drinks on sat night to celebrate the run but that'll be at home. Am only 2 days into the week and am already worried about my WI on tuesday! Being a woman sucks sometimes with all these hormones and stuff! :o

I hear you mine were late and I was so bloated and even noticed on my scales thursday morning before ww that my water was way up, I dragged my self through my work outs so painful, I got mine yesterday was up at WI but just had to do a sneaky wi in this morning because I felt lighter! and back down again today! bloody female bodies!

I have noticed that on a wednesday morning I always weigh lighter than a thursday then if I weigh on a friday Im backl to what I was on a wednesday might change my ww day :P think I could do with a better leader and might get to stay for a class as well think that would help a lot any one else notice this, I know your not meant to weigh your self all the time but it helps keep me motivated and on track!

oooh any one else measuring as well,
    I checked this morning and Ive lost 2 inches off my waist and hips Im very happy with that I can tell you! think I need to get some new clothes soon and bra's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Danii86 wrote: »
    Down 1lb this morn!!! Happy days, down 2 weeks in a row, so def think I'm back in the zone :)
    Having a 'skinny girly night' tonight with my bestie who isn't doin WW but is making a conscious effort to Be good, cooking up a delish 9pp stirfry and iv goten in a big bag of manhatten popcorn and a mix of snackajacks, she's bringing the dvds and the diet 7up!!!lol
    However I'm havin a pizza and dvd night with another friend 2moro night :eeek: has any1 seen/tried/pointed 4stars new skinny range of pizzas? We got the leaflet in the door the other day but I just glanced @it before fecking it out!!

+1 on the skinny pizza.... Im dying to find out... might have a look on their website... My little one loves pizza from a take away and tonight or tomorrow night we are going to treat her. She got the results of her school tests back and she got the highest results in her year.... :D:D:D she is such a smart little 10 year old! :D so she is going to be spoilt rotten this weekend!! I just have to be careful about my choices!

Got on the scales this morning... it says 11st 4lb...so if I can keep that lb off for the next 5 days I will be delighted! Got my Wii games in the post this morning so am going to go hell for leather this week...

Baby75 wrote: »
    I hear you mine were late and I was so bloated and even noticed on my scales thursday morning before ww that my water was way up, I dragged my self through my work outs so painful, I got mine yesterday was up at WI but just had to do a sneaky wi in this morning because I felt lighter! and back down again today! bloody female bodies!

I have noticed that on a wednesday morning I always weigh lighter than a thursday then if I weigh on a friday Im backl to what I was on a wednesday might change my ww day :P think I could do with a better leader and might get to stay for a class as well think that would help a lot any one else notice this, I know your not meant to weigh your self all the time but it helps keep me motivated and on track!

oooh any one else measuring as well,
    I checked this morning and Ive lost 2 inches off my waist and hips Im very happy with that I can tell you! think I need to get some new clothes soon and bra's

I bought a measuring tape but it has disappeared. I had in my sitting room and I asked my housemates but neither of them have seen it. Totally mystery and I dont want to buy another one in case it turns up. Had noticed I'd lost an inch on my waist - 2 on my hips, and 2 on my thighs before the tape went missing.

I would def recommend changing classes and trying to find one with a good leader that you can stay to the class for. The class does make a big difference, gets your head in the game for the week so to stay. And the leader is key to - would be lost without Mary!

I bought a measuring tape but it has disappeared. I had in my sitting room and I asked my housemates but neither of them have seen it. Totally mystery and I dont want to buy another one in case it turns up. Had noticed I'd lost an inch on my waist - 2 on my hips, and 2 on my thighs before the tape went missing.

I would def recommend changing classes and trying to find one with a good leader that you can stay to the class for. The class does make a big difference, gets your head in the game for the week so to stay. And the leader is key to - would be lost without Mary!

Thats great loss hope you find the tape measure before you get another one!!
    My leader is terrible, not sure if you seen my wi disaster post from yesterday, lets just say she is not very supportive, I love Mary as well, she is my old leader, I love how she makes it her business to get to know you and she remembers every thing about you as well, I was with her when I had my 3rd baby and was feeding him and she never forgot and helped me lose a lot of weight then I moved to Australia and now live out side of Dublin I would nearly drive to her if she was closer LOL
    My friend wants to join and Thursday morning was so handy, going to see how she feel about going on a Wednesday instead smile.gif

Lucky for me I do not get my motivation to lose weight from my ww leader, I am so determined to lose all my weight sick of carrying it around and do not want to get diabetes and I will if I do nothing. plus this thread is my class

My leader is terrible, not sure if you seen my wi disaster post from yesterday, lets just say she is not very supportive, I love Mary as well, she is my old leader, I love how she makes it her business to get to know you and she remembers every thing about you as well, I was with her when I had my 3rd baby and was feeding him and she never forgot and helped me lose a lot of weight then I moved to Australia and now live out side of Dublin I would nearly drive to her if she was closer LOL
    My friend wants to join and Thursday morning was so handy, going to see how she feel about going on a Wednesday instead smile.gif

Lucky for me I do not get my motivation to lose weight from my ww leader, I am so determined to lose all my weight sick of carrying it around and do not want to get diabetes and I will if I do nothing. plus this thread is my class

Yeh I read that and I think its a disgrace. Most leaders even if you gain will be supportive - i have never had one be disappointed. Thats your job to be disappointed and ask for help if you need it, they are meant to motivate not demotivate! But if you are happy with how slow or fast you are losing then forget about her. You are doing this for you and not for the leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hey girls,
    I really need some advice.
    So was 10, 12" before Christmas and 10, 12" after (been over 11 for ages so been really trying)

Lost steadily and reached my prelimianry goal of 10 6" but requested to change to to 10stone as that's my goal (if not a bit under) but would be happy to go gold at 10stone if ay get me.

I've been running since before Christmas three times a week adn adding in walks since January.
    But after I reached the 10stone 6" I went up a pound last week and then up 1.5ibs today???
    I did extra exercise this week and my routine with work was a little off so I went alittle over the 26 points twice but like COME ON!! I've ran/ walked four times this week.

Has this happened to anyone else? If I'm not down next week I'll lose the plot !!

Bernso wrote: »
    Hey girls,
    So was 10, 12" before Christmas and 10, 12" after (been over 11 for ages so been really trying)

Lost steadily and reached my prelimianry goal of 10 6" but requested to change to to 10stone as that's my goal (if not a bit under) but would be happy to go gold at 10stone if ay get me.

I've been running since before Christmas three times a week adn adding in walks since January.
    But after I reached the 10stone 6" I went up a pound last week and then up 1.5ibs today???
    I did extra exercise this week and my routine with work was a little off so I went alittle over the 26 points twice but like COME ON!! I've ran/ walked four times this week.

Has this happened to anyone else? If I'm not down next week I'll lose the plot !!

They say the last few pounds are the most difficult to come down. Lots of people say they find the last 7 take 3 times as long as the rest. My goal years ago was 10st too and I spent about 2 years going up and down between 10st10 and 10st2 and never hit the 10st. (i did lose heart a few times which didnt help). The best thing to do is stick with it.

Do you eat any of your weeklies? just having the 26 a day and doing lots of exercise may cause a stall if you arent eating enough? Try changing up your diet, the types of food you eat and how you split your points through the day. If you usually use most at night try spread them out more.

If you arent already go back to weighing every portion to make sure portion sizes havent slipped up. Get back to basics and re read all the literature to concentrate your efforts.

They say the last few pounds are the most difficult to come down. Lots of people say they find the last 7 take 3 times as long as the rest. My goal years ago was 10st too and I spent about 2 years going up and down between 10st10 and 10st2 and never hit the 10st. (i did lose heart a few times which didnt help). The best thing to do is stick with it.

Do you eat any of your weeklies? just having the 26 a day and doing lots of exercise may cause a stall if you arent eating enough? Try changing up your diet, the types of food you eat and how you split your points through the day. If you usually use most at night try spread them out more.

If you arent already go back to weighing every portion to make sure portion sizes havent slipped up. Get back to basics and re read all the literature to concentrate your efforts.

Thanks hun. I actually totally had my weeklies this week, had the chinese and some drinks. I just really wanna get to 10stone as I'm getting married later this year so my goal was for Easter and then just mantain even lose a couple of more but stay around the mark.
    Going to strike it off and will try and maybe eat different foods this week and see if that works.:confused:

Hey girls,

If your not eating enough it can happen, as well as the last few pounds can be hard to shift! its like our bodies hit a wall, but you do get through it!

if you are doing a lot of exercise, you need to make sure you are eating enough, if you are just eating your 26 and not dipping in to your 49 or even adding up your activity pp and even using half of them, your body might be craving protein and some carbs. it might be in starvation mode and holding on to your weight! (I know annoying right esp when your trying so hard)

Also have smaller meals more often, at least 5 a day, have a healthy protein snack after exercise to help repair the muscle.

Hope your have a great loss next week :)

If your not eating enough it can happen, as well as the last few pounds can be hard to shift! its like our bodies hit a wall, but you do get through it!

if you are doing a lot of exercise, you need to make sure you are eating enough, if you are just eating your 26 and not dipping in to your 49 or even adding up your activity pp and even using half of them, your body might be craving protein and some carbs. it might be in starvation mode and holding on to your weight! (I know annoying right esp when your trying so hard)

Also have smaller meals more often, at least 5 a day, have a healthy protein snack after exercise to help repair the muscle.

Hope your have a great loss next week :)

Thanks doll! I'll keep ye posted. Deffo try having the protein thing after running. Ran outside this week as opposed to the gym and it was waaay tougher and harder on my legs. That's why I was convinced I'd have a loss but to be up was like a kick in the face:mad:
    Hopefully next week I'll have my moment!!

Just in relation to your unsupportive leader that sucks big time.
    Where is the "Mary" leader located that you guys rate so well? I'm in Dublin and really think a good leader can get you over them hurdles easily.
    May give her a go. Have a lovely weekend!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Tiny, you could do what my old leader recommended. Either use a belt or a long piece of wool string. Use it as a guide and mark on the belt or put a knot in the piece of string. Last time I did it it was great being able to see a little row of knots and seeing what you came down. Easiest with your waist and hips as for the rest I dunno. Might save you buying a new tape :)

• Advertisement

Thanks doll! I'll keep ye posted. Deffo try having the protein thing after running. Ran outside this week as opposed to the gym and it was waaay tougher and harder on my legs. That's why I was convinced I'd have a loss but to be up was like a kick in the face:mad:
    Hopefully next week I'll have my moment!!

Just in relation to your unsupportive leader that sucks big time.
    Where is the "Mary" leader located that you guys rate so well? I'm in Dublin and really think a good leader can get you over them hurdles easily.
    May give her a go. Have a lovely weekend!:)

Hope it does after all the hard work of running you deserve to see a loss, take out the measureing tape as well take measurements, also get a salter weighing scales, that shows body fat and water % sometimes it can be water related and if you can see that on the scales it can help you feel a bit better. that was recomneded to me when I had a similar out come after upping my exercise!

Mary in Clondalkin I used to go on a wednesday night between 7 and 8 she does more classes than that though! :)

You to, think its going to be a cold one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

don't forget Baby that even if your leader hasnt got your back we all do here! and will be here for you throughout your ww journey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I'm thinking this is me! I'm about 7 pounts away from my goal and just cannot seem to shift any weight the past month (either STS or went up). I'm trying to vary my foods from what I'd normally eat, this week and drinkng more water.. Fingers crossed it'll work, I'd be delighted with even the tiniest loss at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Taz1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking this is me! I'm about 7 pounts away from my goal and just cannot seem to shift any weight the past month (either STS or went up). I'm trying to vary my foods from what I'd normally eat, this week and drinkng more water.. Fingers crossed it'll work, I'd be delighted with even the tiniest loss at this stage!

I'm 11.5lb from goal and struggling but i know I will keep at it, I'm going to be eating ww style for ever is the way i see it so it dosnt matter how long i take..

This week I have been having a protein breakfast instead of my usual cereal and yugurt and back weighing and measuring everything, drinking my gallons of water and trying to move about a bit more the first stone took me a few weeks, the second a few months (still 0.5lb to go) and the next nearly stone i'm expecting a few months to. i am aiming for 1lb a week

I'm 11.5lb from goal and struggling but i know I will keep at it, I'm going to be eating ww style for ever is the way i see it so it dosnt matter how long i take..

This week I have been having a protein breakfast instead of my usual cereal and yugurt and back weighing and measuring everything, drinking my gallons of water and trying to move about a bit more the first stone took me a few weeks, the second a few months (still 0.5lb to go) and the next nearly stone i'm expecting a few months to. i am aiming for 1lb a week

Yeah I've changed my breakfast too. I used to always have a slice of buttered toast with sliced banana on top, but this week I'm having 2 weetabix with a quarter pint of milk - hoping it'll help! Glad to know that its normal though, and that I'm not doing something wrong!

Glad to here it's not just me gals.
    deffo gonna try sommet different and see what happens.
    Committed to the running though as I know it's good for me longterm.

Glad to here it's not just me gals.
    deffo gonna try sommet different and see what happens.
    Committed to the running though as I know it's good for me longterm.

Definately isn't just you! I love getting out for a run too, I dont get out as much as I'd like to though!

don't forget Baby that even if your leader hasnt got your back we all do here! and will be here for you throughout your ww journey!!

Ahh thanks Lisa this thread keeps me going be lost with out it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

When I make cheese toasties I only ever use 20g low fat cheddar, rather than the 40g pointed @ 3pp..
    I'm just wondering if I should put the 20g as 2pp or 3pp??

• Advertisement

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    When I make cheese toasties I only ever use 20g low fat cheddar, rather than the 40g pointed @ 3pp..
    I'm just wondering if I should put the 20g as 2pp or 3pp??

Is it 40g at 3pp as pointed on the packet or as per the purple book?

I know a lot of low fat cheeses are 2pp for 30g when you point from the nutritional info. I would say try point based on teh packet of the cheese you use - but otherwise 2pp for 20g should be safe enough!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement