Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

I weigh myself every morning (find it good for keeping me focused) but since the Wednesday after my weigh in, the scales have me up 2lbs. At first I was like, that's okay, I had a large meal Tuesday evening but this morning I weighed myself and I was still 2lbs up. I've been within my points this weeks and have used over half of my weeklies. So I'm a bit disappointed, as I reached my stone last week but will have lost that if I'm up 2 lbs :( Plus I can't even blame it on TOTM. Oh well, I'll just have to hope for the best tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to make next week's meeting so I'll have to be really motivated and focused for the next two weeks!

Awh try not to think too much about it WW. Think long term & you won't be so focused on one dodgy week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Ok so I've a question, I know I'm up fell off the wagon for the last few weeks but finally have managed to kick myself into gear- I weighed myself on a friends scales and I am up!! But the question is do I go to wi tonight or give myself a week to get back on track?? Help

I think you should go too Rachel. You'll be delighted then if you lose next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Taz1 wrote: »
    STS this week. I suppose it's better than being up but I just realised that I'd been pointing yoghurts at 1 point when they should have been 3, I'm hoping this and the fact that I don't measure my milk or butter (I have a "ah sure I only take a tiny bit I'll say its one point" attitude!) is the problem, because I've been tracking well other than that and going for runs/training.
    I think I got away with that attitude towards the butter and milk at the start coz the weight falls off easier at the start anyway, but now that I'm almost 12 weeks into the programme and down to the minimal 26 points I don't think it'll cut it any more! The past month I've either STS or put on weight; is this normal 12 weeks in, finding it harder to make any loss at all.. And yes I am in the process of varying what I eat and changing my exercise. Has anyone else experienced this slump before or am I just doing something wrong? While I'm still motivated its becoming VERY discouraging...

See if your measure out the milk and butter if that helps sort out the problem! also may be try 29pp might work better for you may be! It can happen its like our bodies hit a wall go whooooa and then get over it and you do lose again! good luck
    Ok so I've a question, I know I'm up fell off the wagon for the last few weeks but finally have managed to kick myself into gear- I weighed myself on a friends scales and I am up!! But the question is do I go to wi tonight or give myself a week to get back on track?? Help
    I agree go to the meeting, different scales, different time of the day than you normally WI at it does make a difference some times. either way your better off going and you will stay on track and see a good loss next week :)

Work out today was grueling, I forced my self to finish it! my legs were so tired! I normally find it great and have loads of energy not this morning! I have been doing a lot of walking pushing a twin buggy may be that's why! :)

Nice to have the house clean, work out over and I can relax while baby asleep though! might change my work out time!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

left work early today... nightmare day! :mad: would usually come back home and have a chipper or chinese.... but i stuck to my guns...

Had only used 9pp... just finished my dinner there... chicken n chips with loadsa veggies... that was 8pp....

Looking forward to a nice tea tonight after my work out.

Trying to be good before WI tomorrow night...

also lookin forward to some great numbers from the WI tonight... always motivates me for mine! even when i have a bad day.... :D

Good luck folks! im routing for yas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Hey everyone,

I dont really know who to cry to so im gonna cry here. Im in WW 7 weeks today, and have only lost 3 pounds. Im beyond devastated and im really at my wits end.

I box 3 times a week, high intensity for an hour and a half.
    I bootcamp 3 times a week, high intensity for an hour.
    I run 5km twice a week.

My points allowance is 26 and i always use 26, i never use my exercise points of my 49 weekly extra points.

I can feel myself getting stronger but im not losing the fat - my spare tyre is 100% still there!! I have cheated maybe 2 days out of the entire 7 weeks.

I just feel like saying flip it, i cant keep this lifestyle up for the rest of my life if its not gonna do anything :(

What am i gonna do? :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

supermouse wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I dont really know who to cry to so im gonna cry here. Im in WW 7 weeks today, and have only lost 3 pounds. Im beyond devastated and im really at my wits end.

I run 5km twice a week.

My points allowance is 26 and i always use 26, i never use my exercise points of my 49 weekly extra points.

I can feel myself getting stronger but im not losing the fat - my spare tyre is 100% still there!! I have cheated maybe 2 days out of the entire 7 weeks.

I just feel like saying flip it, i cant keep this lifestyle up for the rest of my life if its not gonna do anything :(

Start using your weeklies!!! Your doing sooo much exercise that you need to eat more!!! It sounds crazy but if you dont eat enough when your exercising you wont lose any weight. Start using them by bulkin out dinners with more protein (eg more meat or adding lentils and other pulses) eat more cheese, have a glass of skimmed milk etc, you shold notice some more weight loss then. Also mayb try swapping some orlf your cardio for restistance work...it burns more fat and contiunes to burn it for longer after you stop exercising

Hey everyone,

I run 5km twice a week.

did you say you don't eat your 49 weekly PP because if you don't that's is your problem right there with all that exercise your body thinks its starving the 49 are there for a reason to be eaten you need them esp with that level of exercise! I bet if you start using them you will see a better weight loss.
    I know personally if I exercise that much and eat only 26 I had a gain! yep a gain LOL when I eat at least half I see a pound to 2 pound per week

You can use them by having more protein at meals or lager portions its ok to work in a treat if you like every day every second day, once a week even, for me the key to success and maintaining my weight loss for ever! is to eat healthy but have a treat every now and then because life consists of birthday party's, weddings going out! if you don't work in those now at the the start! when you do get to goal and try and introduce them you might find the weight creeping back on! well thats only my 10 pence worth :)

I think a lot of people on here will tell you eat your 49 or half of them and you will see a loss good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey everyone,

I run 5km twice a week.

You may not be eating enough. I know that sounds mad but a lot of girls have killed themselves with exercise, been really good and not used weeklies or activity points and have stayed the same or gained. If you told your leader this, she would definitely recommend eating more points. You are exercising a huge amount so your body needs more food to fuel it and to repair muscle damage. Your body will hold onto the fat if it thinks it is not getting enough food/nutrients. Try eat at least half of your weeklies this week (especially if you are working up more than 20 activity PP) and up your water intake (if it is not that good) and I am sure you will see a loss next week. Whatever activity PP you work up, you should try and eat the same amount or as close to in your weeklies. :)

Edit: The girlies beat me to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Definately start eating more supermouse, sounds like your running on empty, I'd say you'll be shocked at the loss next week! Maybe aim to eat your 49 weeklies, giving you an extra 7pp a day, & leave your bonus points... If that doesnt work post a typical day here or show your tracker to your leader. Well done on all the exercise, wish i had the dedication:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

OMG thank you all so much for your replies!! Sorry, i had a typo in my original post, i dont eat my 49 weeklies.

I think you're all right, i think i have to start eating more. I just feel like im doing so much work, creating such a big calorie deficit that i should be a la Kate Moss right about now... doesn't work that way eh!

My boot camp is mostly resistance training, we only do about 3 x 200m runs for cardio per session, but a part of me feels that im maybe doing too much?!

What's everyone else's exercise patterns like?

Im gonna track like crazy this week, i was reading back over this thread and the general gist is when people plateau'd they started from scratch and most of them got back to losing fairly quickly.

Is it just me that feels ''omg its not working, flip it?'' Sometimes i think being the way i was was a lot easier, definitely less effort!!

Thanks again for replies, i love this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hey everyone,

I run 5km twice a week.

I was doing that... exercising like mad, definitely not to the same intensity as you, but I was sticking within my points and never using the weeklies. it was grand for a few weeks, but then nothing! granted i didn't put up, but i sts.
    My leader told me to use more of my weeklies. So the following week I used half of them. (its a weird thing I have in my brain that if i use them all i will put up) was so nervous the following week getting on the scales, but i was down 2.5lb...

you should use those weeklies especially when you are exercising so hard. you must be making mountains of activity points you need to balance them with your weeklies. for some reason it works. i didn't believe it myself until i did it.

Think the scientific thing is something like only using your dailies and working out so hard means you burn up that food so when your body gets more it soaks it up rather than expelling it. something like that.... :P

thats just my two cents... hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Are there propoints in sugarfree extra gum? if so how many per pack? Off to zumba toning class....never done the toning class before. Should be eh....interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

@supermouse -Dear lord eat some weeklies if you're doing that much exercise! Fair play to you for your dedication to exercise, you might be doing too much though. Maybe even cut out one session per week and use at least half of your weeklies. Also with so much exercise make sure you're drinking enough water. Keep up the mighty work, it will pay off eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

ShindyB wrote: »
    Are there propoints in sugarfree extra gum? if so how many per pack? Off to zumba toning class....never done the toning class before. Should be eh....interesting!
    Theres like 1 or 2 per pack, but if u spread the pack out over a few days i reckon the pp are fairly negabile (??crap spellin i lnow!!!)

Had really nice bolengaise 4 dinner....homemade and majorly bulked out with minced carrot and celery!! Gave it 6pp but my mum said that was probably over estimating, beter to b over than under sometimes tho!!! Had it with 40g of pasta and tonnes of roasted veg...im actually stuffed!!!

Mum bought some quiona today for our F&H days cause its free, any one else use it?? Was lookin at recipies earlier and its mainly salads that i could find.

Off for my evening walk now, kinda sore after kettlebells last night, tho im not walking like a cowboy like i was after my 1st class!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Down 2lbs :D:D Delighted my hard work has paid off just need to stick with it now (thats the hard part!)

Am away this weekend and really wanna stay on track so hoping the loss will give me a boost!!
    5.5lbs to goal but would like to lose 9lbs to be 100% happy- I know it doesn't sound like a whole lot but am so sick of my weight fluctuating and I'm tiny (height wise) so can't afford to carry extra!

Hope everyone else gets on well in WI's!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Supermouse, just reading your post made me tired! Yea +1 on what all the girls said, your body needs much more fuel!

Gosh that's alot of exercise, I cut back a little on mine. I was doing a lot to see a quicker result but I realised that if I set the bar that high I would always need to exercise that much to maintain! That sounds lazy and it's not, I just needed to find ways to incorporate it into life as I was doing waaay too much. I've a nice happy medium now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

ShindyB wrote: »
    @supermouse -Dear lord eat some weeklies if you're doing that much exercise! Fair play to you for your dedication to exercise, you might be doing too much though. Maybe even cut out one session per week and use at least half of your weeklies. Also with so much exercise make sure you're drinking enough water. Keep up the mighty work, it will pay off eventually!

Supermouse totally agree wit Shindyb maybe you are doing too much, our leader would always advise new members to build up your exercise over a few months, i know your probably enjoying your routine now but you may loose interest if your not seeing results with all your hard work.

Speak to your leader, show your tracker they can advise you further. Like others have said use your weeklies since pp was introduced i used all my weeklies each wk and honestly lost each wk, half a lb some wks but still a loss.

Good luck wit your weight loss journey.

OMG thank you all so much for your replies!! Sorry, i had a typo in my original post, i dont eat my 49 weeklies.

I think you're all right, i think i have to start eating more. I just feel like im doing so much work, creating such a big calorie deficit that i should be a la Kate Moss right about now... doesn't work that way eh!

My boot camp is mostly resistance training, we only do about 3 x 200m runs for cardio per session, but a part of me feels that im maybe doing too much?!

Im gonna track like crazy this week, i was reading back over this thread and the general gist is when people plateau'd they started from scratch and most of them got back to losing fairly quickly.

Is it just me that feels ''omg its not working, flip it?'' Sometimes i think being the way i was was a lot easier, definitely less effort!!

Well, if I did the exercise you do, i'd work up 57PP per week!!!!!! :eek: I probably am one of the ones that do the least amount of exercise here (I never have the motivation or energy and I am naturally quite lazy). If I am good, i'd get out for a walk 4-5 times a week, but on average it is usually twice or three times a week, an hour on the weekends and 40 minutes if I go out during the week. When I have money, I do an aqua aerobics class aswell, love that. Generally work up between 12 and 15PP per week.

Also use most of my weeklies every week, I don't understand how people can't use them (and i'm on 33PP per day and at this WW lark for over a year now, with a few breaks), especially at weekends when you want to enjoy yourself a bit. But this weekend, I am going to make a conscious effort to try and use only about 10 weeklies. I am still going to have my few drinks and nibbles (prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks nom nom nom) on Friday and Saturday but I am going to have a tasty chicken salad for dinner on both days so that I can use some of my dailies on my drinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Monife wrote: »
    Well, if I did the exercise you do, i'd work up 57PP per week!!!!!! :eek: I probably am one of the ones that do the least amount of exercise here (I never have the motivation or energy and I am naturally quite lazy). If I am good, i'd get out for a walk 4-5 times a week, but on average it is usually twice or three times a week, an hour on the weekends and 40 minutes if I go out during the week. When I have money, I do an aqua aerobics class aswell, love that. Generally work up between 12 and 15PP per week.

Also use most of my weeklies every week, I don't understand how people can't use them (and i'm on 33PP per day and at this WW lark for over a year now, with a few breaks), especially at weekends when you want to enjoy yourself a bit. But this weekend, I am going to make a conscious effort to try and use only about 10 weeklies. I am still going to have my few drinks and nibbles (prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks nom nom nom) on Friday and Saturday but I am going to have a tasty chicken salad for dinner on both days so that I can use some of my dailies on my drinks :)

How many PP are in those Monife? Love anything Prawn Cocktail related! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Good God!

Can't believe how fast and easily weight creeps up on you!
    Exactly this time last year I was 14'1
    Tonight I joined back I was 16'3!!! Almost bang on the same weight as I was when I was 9 months pregnant 3 and a half years ago :O

I am disgusted with myself, but determined to shift at least 3 stone..
    Goal weight is 10'13 but I know I'll never get there

twirlagig wrote: »
    How many PP are in those Monife? Love anything Prawn Cocktail related! :D

They are 3PP and are SOOO tasty!! It is a big enough pack and they last long enough if you are like me and lick the flavour off and then nibble each one :) You can find them in the crackers aisle in Tesco although I have not seen them in Dunnes, Supervalu etc. Have only seen them in Tesco and the odd newsagents.
    sue z wrote: »
    Good God!

Tonight I joined back I was 16'3!!! Almost bang on the same weight as I was when I was 9 months pregnant 3 and a half years ago :O

Don't quit before you have even started..!! I joined weightwatchers at the end of November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb. Within 7 months I had lost 52lb (3 stone 10lb) :D Unfortunately with the stress of my wedding etc and then majorly falling off the wagon, I gained back about 16lb of that. But I am totally back on track again. You can do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Just back from this weeks weigh in!

Down 2 pounds, that's 11 pounds so far and got my 5% sticker =)
    I can't quite believe it, it's been ages since I've been this happy!

Went into Penneys this evening and picked up a size 16 in a pair of leggings, as I approached the counter my boyfriend pleaded with me to get the size 14.. And guess what, THEY FIT! I don't remember the last time I was size 14!
    I am so delighted! Lots and lots of motivation for the coming week!!

Best of luck to everyone for the coming week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Well I had my WI and I STS, which like I said earlier I'm satisfied with. Not happy but not angry either. I also just realised my TOTM is due in about a week and the last time I STS it was the week before my TOTM.

So I'm just gonna get my head down and get on with it. Have runamuck this weekend do guaranteed 5k exercise and no drinking on Friday night!

Well done on the losses so far and good luck with those to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Just back from this weeks weigh in!

Down 2 pounds, that's 11 pounds so far and got my 5% sticker =)
    I can't quite believe it, it's been ages since I've been this happy!

Went into Penneys this evening and picked up a size 16 in a pair of leggings, as I approached the counter my boyfriend pleaded with me to get the size 14.. And guess what, THEY FIT! I don't remember the last time I was size 14!
    I am so delighted! Lots and lots of motivation for the coming week!!

Best of luck to everyone for the coming week :cool:

Well done Cliodhna thats brilliant! Nothing like it when you try on a smaller size & it fits! Feels great! You'll be buzzing for the week that'll keep you focused this week.
    I'm hoping for my 5% sticker tomo nite, just have to be down half pound.I've tried really hard with the exercise this week & haven't gone over my points so I'm hoping for at least two but we'll see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Well I had my WI and I STS, which like I said earlier I'm satisfied with. Not happy but not angry either. I also just realised my TOTM is due in about a week and the last time I STS it was the week before my TOTM.

So I'm just gonna get my head down and get on with it. Have runamuck this weekend do guaranteed 5k exercise and no drinking on Friday night!

Well done tinypenguin, when totm is due you could easily be up so well done on sts. Keep motivated this week & you'll have a good result next wk. drink loads of water totm its nearly always water retention.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all, well done on the losses.

Lots of talk of exercise tonight. Just back from a 5k walk, can anyone tell me how many pp that earns me? Did 5k in 50 mins. Thanks :-)

`

I do 4 cardio workouts with toning and then I'm always walking so it doesn't feel like exercise LOL
    sue z wrote: »
    Good God!

I agree with Monief don't quit before you get started, don't think about how much weight you like to lose, do mini steps 1st 7pounds then 5% then 1 stone etc baby steps stick with us here and you can do it :)

Well done on the STS if mine are on the way Im up! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aisling.h.

hi all an well done to everyone whos sticking with it, lost nearly 5 stone with ww afew yrs ago, joined back up last week and im up nearly 2 stone :( but i did it before so hoping i can do it again, took a few days to get used to the pro points as im so used to the old points..way in tomorrow nite so fingers crossed im down even 1 pound...delighted i found this tread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Monife wrote: »
    Don't quit before you have even started..!! I joined weightwatchers at the end of November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb. Within 7 months I had lost 52lb (3 stone 10lb) :D Unfortunately with the stress of my wedding etc and then majorly falling off the wagon, I gained back about 16lb of that. But I am totally back on track again. You can do it :D

Oh my God that is great going! Fair play, it's definitely achievable so.. its great to gets peoples positive feedback!
    I've no intention of giving up, Im gonna work my ghetto booty off! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement