Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

ali85 wrote: »
    Just back from WI....

I GOT IT!!!! :D:D

I finally got my stone... after playing with the last 3lb for 4 weeks then being half a pound off last week... i was down 2 this week... im down to 11st 5lb... that my 15.5lb altogether... soooo happy!!!

:D:D:D

well done on all the losses.... they are brilliant... :D

That's great Ali!! Were celebrating stones together tonight woop woop! It feels great. I didn't get my stone in class or anything as this is my second time back and it's my stone from the weight I came back at. I don't care I just know it's a stone......and a half!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

twirlagig wrote: »
    Congrats! :D

Thanks twirlagig!!!
    MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    That's great Ali!! Were celebrating stones together tonight woop woop! It feels great. I didn't get my stone in class or anything as this is my second time back and it's my stone from the weight I came back at. I don't care I just know it's a stone......and a half!!!

Ah maggiemay thats brilliant! was just hoping i made that little half pound this week but the fact i was down 2lb i was thrilled! means i have now hit the 150lbs (albeit 159lb) It sounds so much better!

you must be thrilled! its a dot on the map for me but such a big one! the first stone...

There were some crazy horses in my class this week. One lady joined at 9st 3lb and was annoyed when the leader told her she didn't need to lose any more than a few lbs to stay within a healthy weight ... she sat beside me for the class and was really rude throughout.... myself and one of my WW pals were just in shock at her... like what did she expect?? the leader to say she needed to lose 3 stone?! The wonders never cease!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Just back from WI....

I finally got my stone... after playing with the last 3lb for 4 weeks then being half a pound off last week... i was down 2 this week... im down to 11st 5lb... that my 15.5lb altogether... soooo happy!!!

Whoo hoo well done brilliant loss :) bring it on eh!
    Ok so like I said last week I didn't go to WI because of my birthday. WI tonight and I was down 3lbs! OMG that's the most I've ever managed to lose on the programme. More importantly I finally got my stone!!!!! It's taken an age but I'm so glad I stuck with it!

I changed everything up this week, cycled instead of walked, tried loads of new foods, reduced portions a little and cut back a bit on fruit as I was eating alot for the sake of it and voila! Roll on this week :)

Well done great loss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Great reading all the losses - well done folks! By the way, is anyone using the app 'Target Weight' on their phone? No good for pointing foods etc, but as a general diary for weight loss, I love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

I finally got my stone...
    More importantly I finally got my stone!!!!! It's taken an age but I'm so glad I stuck with it!

Well done to you both, the first stone is such a great achievement and feels sooo good.

• Advertisement

evadiva wrote: »
    Well done to you both, the first stone is such a great achievement and feels sooo good.

Fact evadiva! :) It's a great buzz!

evadiva wrote: »

Thanks evadiva....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Just back from WI....

CONGRATULATIONS! - Absolutely delighted for you. If anyone deserved it!! :D

And well done to everyone else on losses - wow we're on a roll today!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

twirlagig wrote: »
    Great reading all the losses - well done folks! By the way, is anyone using the app 'Target Weight' on their phone? No good for pointing foods etc, but as a general diary for weight loss, I love it! :)

It's my favourite app!! I track my weight on it every morning. I love analysing it and changing the goals to see how long it'll take me to reach my target weight!

JudyD wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS! - Absolutely delighted for you. If anyone deserved it!! :D

And well done to everyone else on losses - wow we're on a roll today!! :)

Thanks JudyD!!! next is to rid myself of the next 3lbs for my 10%....

how are you getting on????

• Advertisement

It's my favourite app!! I track my weight on it every morning. I love analysing it and changing the goals to see how long it'll take me to reach my target weight!

Yeah, Its brilliant! I try only to track my weight on it once a week though - bigger surprise (or shock!) that way! I love the number on it's icon... going down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Gosh girls some really fantastic losses there throughout today, and some great milestones achieved. Well done! Smiling here reading the last few posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Brilliant results ladies well done!

I'm chuffed lost 2.5lbs tonight! Thats 10lbs in 4weeks I'm delighted :)
    Thanks everyone, this thread is great, I was feeling v demotivated last wk when I joined as had only lost a half pound two weeks running but ye kept me going. I increased the exercise this week & it paid off.

Hopefully we'll all have a good week this week coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Well done on all d losses:-) all our hard work is paying off!! Just wondering how ye decided on your goal weight? I'm looking at the back of the orange booklet and ur says that someone of my height should be between 9st2 and and 11 st 6!l! My leader hasn't told me what my goal is but I asked tonight and she said what do I want my goal to be,does that mean I decide my goal??

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD!!! :D

Best of luck to everyone this week, i just know we can kick a*s!

Sending positive thoughts to every one of you! :)

Me x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just back from WI....

Ok so like I said last week I didn't go to WI because of my birthday. WI tonight and I was down 3lbs! OMG that's the most I've ever managed to lose on the programme. More importantly I finally got my stone!!!!! It's taken an age but I'm so glad I stuck with it!

I changed everything up this week, cycled instead of walked, tried loads of new foods, reduced portions a little and cut back a bit on fruit as I was eating alot for the sake of it and voila! Roll on this week :)

WELL DONE!! That is so birlliant guys. That stone is such a good feeling :)

Well done on all d losses:-) all our hard work is paying off!! Just wondering how ye decided on your goal weight? I'm looking at the back of the orange booklet and ur says that someone of my height should be between 9st2 and and 11 st 6!l! My leader hasn't told me what my goal is but I asked tonight and she said what do I want my goal to be,does that mean I decide my goal??

Yea... it means you can decide what weight you would like to be... not everyone wants to be the lowest weight possible. A lot of people just want to be a good weight in their healthy range. I think the range for me is somewhere between 8st 13 & 10st 10 for me, I could be wrong... I am aiming for 9st 7lb. I think if I went any lower than that I would look like a bean pole, it just wouldn't suit me at all.

I think its a lot better that they don't tell you what you should weigh... just give you a guideline....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

My fave pair of jeans fit me again! YAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

ShindyB wrote: »
    My fave pair of jeans fit me again! YAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!
    Woooohoooo!!! Such a gud feelin isn't it!!! I bought a lovely pair of raspberry pink jeans over the weekend....bit tight, so motivitaion to get into them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ally1980

Stayed the same last week, think I've hit a plateau.. know what I need to do is get out and exercise but have zero energy at the moment.. any tips girls/guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Yea... it means you can decide what weight you would like to be... not everyone wants to be the lowest weight possible. A lot of people just want to be a good weight in their healthy range. I think the range for me is somewhere between 8st 13 & 10st 10 for me, I could be wrong... I am aiming for 9st 7lb. I think if I went any lower than that I would look like a bean pole, it just wouldn't suit me at all.

I think its a lot better that they don't tell you what you should weigh... just give you a guideline....
    Thanks for d reply I really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

WW set my goal at 9 stone 9lb. I have heard that they set your goal at a BMI of 24, but if you are unhappy with it and think it should be higher/lower they can adjust it manually. I personally have no idea what 9 stone 9lb is going to look on me and it might be horrendous. I remember being around 13 stone when I was 13 years old so it will be a shock when I can break through the 13 stone barrier :)

Ally1980 wrote: »
    Stayed the same last week, think I've hit a plateau.. know what I need to do is get out and exercise but have zero energy at the moment.. any tips girls/guys?

Try some new foods or a new exercise route. I hit the wall a few weeks ago and just changed what I was eating and I started getting off the bus a few stops earlier so I was at least getting a little bit more every day....

Point up some of your fave foods, for me it's chicken burgers with a bun and lettuce & mayo (8pp :P ) so when you are feeling at a lull you can still have the grub you like and it might give you a kick in the right direction....

I needed a change in my exercise pattern so I am walking/ jogging a different route in the evenings and I got new Wii exercise games... just for those cold yucky evenings...

I know this stuff helped me... maybe give it a try....

Just a quick one folks, our leader was talking about these wraps last night. (am going to try and upload the pics... )

They are from tesco, the seeded ones are 4pp each and the plain ones are 5pp.

Really good size and very very good value points wise... also on special offer... 2 packs for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just a quick one folks, our leader was talking about these wraps last night. (am going to try and upload the pics... )

They are from tesco, the seeded ones are 4pp each and the plain ones are 5pp.

Really good size and very very good value points wise... also on special offer... 2 packs for €2.
    I know those wraps, and they're huge!!! I love the seeded 1s, can't believe there only 4pp...will def be geting them after work!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Monife wrote: »
    WW set my goal at 9 stone 9lb. I have heard that they set your goal at a BMI of 24, but if you are unhappy with it and think it should be higher/lower they can adjust it manually. I personally have no idea what 9 stone 9lb is going to look on me and it might be horrendous. I remember being around 13 stone when I was 13 years old so it will be a shock when I can break through the 13 stone barrier :)

ditto for me being 13 stone or close to it since 13, and at WW. my goal now is 10'13 id say i haven't been that since about 10 yrs old! ive 5 stone to shed, im 5'7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

My leader and me haven't discussed my final goal yet. I prefer to break it down to more manageable chunks. So my first goal was 2 stone off by my brithday in July - am halfway there now :-)

In my head my goal is 10stone but I am going to revaluate that when I get closer to the time. Im 5'5 so the upper limit of my healthy weight is 10st10lbs - so once I'm under that I will be happy. I dont want to be skinny - my mum got down to a size 8 and my sister was the same but I would be comfortable at a large 10 or small 12 - i think it is more natural for my shape and more realistic to maintain.

You can always set your goal and change it around> i know a few people in my class had a goal in mind but ended up sticking with a heavier weight as when they hit it they felt more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I have been keeping quite this week, am reading all of your posts but just do not have time to reply, I have been eating better than ever so far this week I have upped my protein and reduced the carbs, I really want my 2nd stone next week am 0.5lb away from it, the 2nd stone was so much slower than the first one :(

I am staying in at home this weekend so total control of all my food and pro points might get myself a ww desert for a treat on Saturday night and make a homemade curry using about 10weeklies :)

anyone any big plans for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Can someone tell me, when using the points wheel do u put in the full amt of carbs and fat, or only what saturates?
    Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

sue z wrote: »
    Can someone tell me, when using the points wheel do u put in the full amt of carbs and fat, or only what saturates?
    Thanks in advance :)

Full amount for everything. Also would SERIOUSLY recommend buying the calculator, those wheels are such a pain!! Or if you have an android or smartphone, you could search for a propoints calculator app and should find one easily enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement