Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ste2010 wrote: »
    Over fences maybe..over hurdles he had no problem.

Personally Im not convinced he actually did stay three miles in a truly run race over hurdles, I think in last years World Hurdle he simply didnt stay, I could be wrong but that was my impression, he is still good enough to win the RSA but he ois one of the favs I think i'll be taking on

Agree with this. One of the reasons I like First Lieutenant so much is because he looks like a thorough stayer and can see him outstaying everything.

Also, Scudamore on any horse is generally a lay for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I liked the look of Nicholls' horse for the RSA after his last win at Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Another poor run from Binocular today. Don't know how some people can still give this lad a shot in the Champion Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

mccarte2 wrote: »
    Another poor run from Binocular today. Don't know how some people can still give this lad a shot in the Champion Hurdle.

LOL. The Horse Racing forum will never forget that classic Urban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was just coming over here to post that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Hoofer

mccarte2 wrote: »

will the real binocular please stand up please stand up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Slattsy wrote: »
    What price you laying SS buddy???

Currently 1.6 ish. if you thin id offer a better price your wrong, why would i when i can lay him at that on betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    What price you laying SS buddy???

Currently 1.6 ish. if you thin id offer a better price your wrong, why would i when i can lay him at that on betfair

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Personally Im not convinced he actually did stay three miles in a truly run race over hurdles, I think in last years World Hurdle he simply didnt stay, I could be wrong but that was my impression, he is still good enough to win the RSA but he ois one of the favs I think i'll be taking on

You must be joking, he was eyeballing Big Bucks at the last hurdle and just got outbattled close to the line.

If anything Grands Crus will stay further this year, he is settling a lot better this season.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    You must be joking, he was eyeballing Big Bucks at the last hurdle and just got outbattled close to the line.

If anything Grands Crus will stay further this year, he is settling a lot better this season.

Nope this is wrong. Grand Crus isnt an out and out stayer, He will get outstayed in the RSA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Grands Crus didn't look like he got home in the French Champion Hurdle last backend. It may have been that he was over the top but he doesn't look like a real thorough stayer. The RSA is often a real slog and it nearly always goes to a real grinder of a horse (Weapons Amnesty, Bostons Angel, Cooldine, Denman, Rule Supreme, One Knight). I'm not sure that GC fits that profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

hucklebuck wrote: »

Absolutely correct here.

I have reservations about whether he wants a true 3m test but last years World Hurdle isn't the correct race to judge that. They crawled around for a circuit and Grands Crus saw the trip out perfectly, he was simply out battled.
    Grands Crus didn't look like he got home in the French Champion Hurdle last backend.

He pulled like a train, you can put a line through that race when evaluating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Huntey wrote: »

He pulled like a train, you can put a line through that race when evaluating him.

What's to say he won't be too keen in the Sun Alliance? He looked good at Kempton but comparing that track to Cheltenham is like chalk and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Getoffmytrain

Grand crus has won 3 from 4 at Cheltenham, so the course wouldn't worry me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

What's to say he won't be too keen in the Sun Alliance? He looked good at Kempton but comparing that track to Cheltenham is like chalk and cheese.

Ok.

Nope this is wrong. Grand Crus isnt an out and out stayer, He will get outstayed in the RSA.

He isn't a dour stayer but he will see out the RSA trip. It is going to be a slower run affair than last years World and I can't see the 1/2 furlong beng any problem to him.

His jumping may well stop anything that stays from laying a glove on him even if he is empty in the last furlong which I doubt he will be.

The only horse I would be worried about is Join Together.

As I said Klarion, he settles much better in his races this season. Look how long it took Schu to settle him in the Cleeve compared with any race over fences. Plus he loves Cheltenham.

I understand what you are saying about the more dour stayers but Grands Crus could win this in the fashion of Denman, he certainly jumps and travels well enough.

I would not hesitate in backing GC in the Gold Cup if he ends up there and that is 2 furlongs further than the RSA.

Look at last years World Hurdle, it took Big Bucks to get him off the bridle and that was with Ruby getting to work. I thought it was a big race by Grands Crus and he saw every inch of it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'm on Riverside Theatre to win on sat and the ryanair. 35/1 double

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Was that a seperate special somewhere HH or was it just picked for sat then you added Ryanair selection? Boylesports?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ste2010 wrote: »
    Was that a seperate special somewhere HH or was it just picked for sat then you added Ryanair selection? Boylesports?

Picked it for sat then added. I dunno if it's right by rules but if the options there I suppose they have to pay out. Vc bet, purely because of odds. I'm sure it works in other spots

• Advertisement

Picked it for sat then added. I dunno if it's right by rules but if the options there I suppose they have to pay out. Vc bet, purely because of odds. I'm sure it works in other spots

Related contingency. You won't get paid out if it comes off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

i dont think you can do that bet, as one effects the other. Im on him to win the Ryanair ..

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

I often wondered about that. How do bookies accept first goalscorer/scoreline doubles then? Does one not affect the other there too? Or am I missing something?

I often wondered about that. How do bookies accept first goalscorer/scoreline doubles then? Does one not affect the other there too? Or am I missing something?

You get a worse price

So basically a related contingency is only a related contingency when the bookie says so.

So basically a related contingency is only a related contingency when the bookie says so.

No. If you back Rooney to score first (4/1), seperately back Man United to win (6/4) bet would pay 11.5/1

But bookies price these up accordingly so the price you would get is likely to be 6/1 or thereabouts because if Rooney scores 1st the price on a United victory would contract.

Same as if Riverside Theatre wins the Ascot chase then his price would contract for the Ryanair.

Yeah I understood that that the price would contract on the second event alright. There just seems to be an inconsistency in their attitude there,in the sense that "we don't accept related bets, well actually we do, but at reduced prices." It should be either acceptable or not acceptable, imo.

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up and sorry for diverting the topic.

Yeah I understood that that the price would contract on the second event alright. There just seems to be an inconsistency in their attitude there,in the sense that "we don't accept related bets, well actually we do, but at reduced prices." It should be either acceptable or not acceptable, imo.

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up and sorry for diverting the topic.

The scorecast bet is similar to the racing bets that pop up, like last years Long Run to win King George and Gold Cup at 7/2.

I really fancy Midnight Game for the Supreme Novices by the way, I know I said it in November not sure if it was this thread. Pricewise stuck him up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

If Berties Dream is to be the player I hear he is for the RSA he will have to run a major race in the Grade 2 at Navan on Sunday.Already advised on this site at 40/1 he now is down to 25/1 and getting shorter.They removed a broken bone in his neck which they believe was there for some time plus another problem[incident] before his run in last years stayers hurdle and change of trainer.Great jumper and stays he is a new horse so Sunday will tell wheather 40/1 is value or not.

• Advertisement

Dougie Howser Henderson strike again..

Gradouet replaced by Binocular in Kingwell, he banged his leg in his box and

"he's perfectly alright and he's just had to have some medication to clear it up"

Maybe allergy medication and the BHA testers were going to be at Wincanton tomorrow.

I think we could see Spirit Son yet too...

Advertisement