Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Just checking out the Cheltenham specials there on oddschecker. Henderson to be top trainer at 5/2 looks very decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Just checking out the Cheltenham specials there on oddschecker. Henderson to be top trainer at 5/2 looks very decent value.

Cant access it at work what price is W Miullins, persume he's a short priced fav??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Seen Nicholls said on Twitter Q@A that if he would back any horse besides his he would back Sizing Europe. Dont usually do ante post accums but thrown a tenner on four i think will win for interest. €10 pays €660. Sizing Europe, Hurricane Fly, Quevega and Sprinter Sacre. Like the look of Moon Dice also and does anybdoy know what race Samain is going for?

€10 pays €110 now. Looks good but all the bankers dont usually win at Cheltenham. But got good value anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Cant access it at work what price is W Miullins, persume he's a short priced fav??

Mullins best priced 6/4 with PP. Nicholls best price 9/4 with WH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Related contingency. You won't get paid out if it comes off

They offered the option so it's their bad. At the very worst ill get paid out as a single on both races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Was John Francome watching the same race that I was watching there? Long Run made a mistake at the water jump ffs! I wasn't impressed by him at all. Burton Port ran a screamer, even if he was getting 10Ibs. Geraghty wasn't all that hard on him. 16/1 for the Gold Cup could still be very decent each way value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Anyone see the interview with Robert Wayley Cohen, he must have been watching a different race to me. Comes across as a prat too.

So basically a related contingency is only a related contingency when the bookie says so.
    Yeah I understood that that the price would contract on the second event alright. There just seems to be an inconsistency in their attitude there,in the sense that "we don't accept related bets, well actually we do, but at reduced prices." It should be either acceptable or not acceptable, imo.

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up and sorry for diverting the topic.
    You aren't picking it up right. A related bet isn't just when the bookies say so, if one bet is going to affect the other bet then it is related.

And they do specials for related bets, say like the scorecasts or ''Grands Crus to win today and the Rsa''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    They offered the option so it's their bad. At the very worst ill get paid out as a single on both races.

Have you ever heard of "palpable error" so it may not be "their bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Related contingency. You won't get paid out if it comes off

IMO bookies are never fair in this area.if they are offering odds at a given price for 2 races with the same horse on different days they should accept doubles the same way at the very least. The horse hasn't won the first race, the risk is unknown at this stage so why refuse the bet.
    I have a similar opinion on trebles and accumulators with different horses.
    If you look at a treble with 3 different horses. The chances of 1 horse winning standalone should be one price.
    The chances of the same horse winning counting on the 2 other horses winning should be a higher price..each horse in the treble should be a higher price than the standalone price should u bet them individually as the risk of losing your stake is much higher. Fair enough your returns accumulate but your stake is the core risk not the bookies. Independent variables I think the economic term is..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

hucklebuck wrote: »
    The only horse I would be worried about is Join Together.

He may not be that dangerous afterall, Mossley just could not live with a proper gallop today and faded badly before being pulled up.

I think he is dangerous hucklebuck, did it nicely when he beat Mossley

Don't know if you are watching The Morning Line(I know the new format is **** but I'm awake and it's either this or some old cartoon in Irish!!)

They sent the cameras over here to pick out ones for the festival and our friend Minsk came up.

Dessie said they got him from John Oxx in October, they gave him a break over Christmas and got him going seriously, he schooled very well over hurdles and took to them straight away on the very first day, hopefully he will apply it on the track. He's a very talented horse and we'd be hoping he will run a good race in Fairyhouse.

Back in the studio Segal said he read in the racing post that the plan is Fairyhouse, Cheltenham and then back to John Oxx to run in the Irish Ledger and Melbourne Cup, they think he's pretty good - all said with a smile on his face.

Good enough for me to get properly stuck in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Don't know if you are watching The Morning Line(I know the new format is **** but I'm awake and it's either this or some old cartoon in Irish!!)

They sent the cameras over here to pick out ones for the festival and our friend Minsk came up.

Dessie said they got him from John Oxx in October, they gave him a break over Christmas and got him going seriously, he schooled very well over hurdles and took to them straight away on the very first day, hopefully he will apply it on the track. He's a very talented horse and we'd be hoping he will run a good race in Fairyhouse.

Back in the studio Segal said he read in the racing post that the plan is Fairyhouse, Cheltenham and then back to John Oxx to run in the RSA Ledger and Melbourne Cup, they think he's pretty good - all said with a smile on his face.

Good enough for me to get properly stuck in :)
    Was it mentioned at what distance Minsk would run over hurdles,surely 2 miles would be far to short.He looks far better than his flat rating of 93 and could be a top chaser,grand big horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

sting60 wrote: »
    Was it mentioned at what distance Minsk would run over hurdles,surely 2 miles would be far to short.He looks far better than his flat rating of 93 and could be a top chaser,grand big horse.

Flat breds rarely make it as chasers. A lot don't even try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

Davy Russell said at a preview night the other day that he was under the impression that Minsk has been lame for most of the season.

I'd agree about 2 miles being on the skinny side, a lot of horses who run over 2 miles on the flat tend to be slow.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I think he is dangerous hucklebuck, did it nicely when he beat Mossley

He may be but serious question mark over how good Mossley is after that run yesterday, form may not be as good as I thought it was.

Mossley would want 3 miles minimum in my eyes

Huntey wrote: »
    Davy Russell said at a preview night the other day that he was under the impression that Minsk has been lame for most of the season.

I'd agree about 2 miles being on the skinny side, a lot of horses who run over 2 miles on the flat tend to be slow.

Hmm, there was no mention of lameness this morning. He looked to be walking ok, that's not to say his action is good going faster.

He seemed to have plenty left in the locker in his last race and I would suggest he is deserving of at least a 100 rating on the flat. That said he must be much better if two shrewdies like John Oxx and Dessie Hughes are thinking of going for the Irish Ledger and Melbourne Cup double.

I don't remember seeing him entered in anything else, so must be The Triumph.

Here are the morning line clips, he is walking in the first one with Segal talking about his plans, second one is Segal.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1622413654/Minsk.flv
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4245076775/Segal.flv

Mossley would want 3 miles minimum in my eyes

He was tailed off after a circuit of a 2m 4f race yesterday, he probably does want more than 3m but should be able to last longer in a slightly quicker race.

• Advertisement

Hmm, there was no mention of lameness this morning. He looked to be walking ok, that's not to say his action is good going faster.

He seemed to have plenty left in the locker in his last race and I would suggest he is deserving of at least a 100 rating on the flat. That said he must be much better if two shrewdies like John Oxx and Dessie Hughes are thinking of going for the Irish Ledger and Melbourne Cup double.

I don't remember seeing him entered in anything else, so must be The Triumph.

Here are the morning line clips, he is walking in the first one with Segal talking about his plans, second one is Segal.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1622413654/Minsk.flv
    https://rapidshare.com/files/4245076775/Segal.flv

The horse wouldn't be lame now because he is running next week. There were reservations about his well being a few weeks back but what was wrong with him I don't know.

I'm really interested to see him on the course, the Triumph standard so far is extremely poor.

:eek: Ah sweet Jesus, I am really having one of those days....

The ****in RSA Ledger???
    Backed everything today that did not want to win
    Never looked at the weights for the National Trial
    Forgot Minsk was running tomorrow so obviously not lame now

It's like I was drinking last night but I fupping wasn't, gonna make up for it tonight :D

Minsk is running tomorrow?

It's next Saturday actually I think.

See above...

Just ignore me, I even got that wrong. I remember learning to read years ago:o

See above...

Just ignore me, I even got that wrong. I remember learning to read years ago:o

I've got a few good book at home huckle Ann and Barry go to the farm and busy at Maths 3 if you want to start again?

Anyone see balder success today, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ste2010 wrote: »
    I've got a few good book at home huckle Ann and Barry go to the farm and busy at Maths 3 if you want to start again?

Is he going to go? I don't like how little there is lining up to back on the exchanges. Very impressive today though

ste2010 wrote: »

Is he going to go? I don't like how little there is lining up to back on the exchanges. Very impressive today though

Very impressive indeed. He's entered in the triumph and supreme..not sure if king said anything about the target

Anyone see the interview with Robert Wayley Cohen, he must have been watching a different race to me. Comes across as a prat too.

lol, I agree 100%, fair play to him for coming out with that speel without laughing, I'd say he's a decent poker player............. had plenty left last year in the Gold Cup, loads and loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

This years top favourites look nailed on.

The likes of. Hurricane Fly, Sprinter Sacre, Big Bucks, Sizing Europe, Quevega.

Expect them all to win, I will not be taking any of them on.

Advertisement