Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Jo Burger, Crackbird and Skinflint give out a certain number of tweet seats per day - which is a free dinner. You just tweet them the date time and how many people and they let you know if you get it. SO for jo burger you get a free burger for each person, Skinflint a free pizza and for Crackbird free chicken! Its amazing :-)

Hope you feel better soon!

https://twitter.com/#!/CrackBIRDdublin

Heres our free dinner :)https://twitter.com/#!/Lisa_Celtic/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fmggwohj

Skinflint on sunday :)
    https://twitter.com/#!/Lisa_Celtic/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fmggwohj

You basicly tweet n get free food!! and then i wonder why i'm on ww!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

ali85 wrote: »
    I have a plan for the next few months.

My friend is getting married at the end of june.... and her hens is on in may. So i have worked out 14 weeks to the hens and 20 weeks to the wedding so my plan is 1lb a week until the hens I will be down to 10st 9.5lb and if I carry that over til the wedding I will be down to 10st 3.5lb and within touching distance of my goal. Any extra losses will be just that...extra.... Dont get me wrong I would love the scales to say -5lbs every week but I want to be realistic.... My OH has told me he will pay for me to go and get my hair done when I get my stone... as a treat so its all the little things...one step at a time!

What are the goals you girls are working towards???

I think you're dead right - its much more realistic to aim for 1lb a week. That's my goal too.

For short term goal - I have a wedding as well coming up in 12 weeks today!! My aim to have lost 12lbs by then so should be weighing in at 14st 8lbs. The last time I weighed that was for my wedding three years ago and haven't been lighter than that since pre-teens.

My ultimate goal is 11st 8lbs which I aim to reach by this time next year *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

JudyD wrote: »
    I think you're dead right - its much more realistic to aim for 1lb a week. That's my goal too.

For short term goal - I have a wedding as well coming up in 12 weeks today!! My aim to have lost 12lbs by then so should be weighing in at 14st 8lbs. The last time I weighed that was for my wedding three years ago and haven't been lighter than that since pre-teens.

My ultimate goal is 11st 8lbs which I aim to reach by this time next year *fingers crossed*

Yea I am going for the pound a week and anything extra is a bonus... there is no point in going overboard coz I know from the last time I was on WW I lost like betweek 3 & 5lbs a week and it all just went back on soooooo quickly....

My ultimate goal is 9st 7lb... but I'm not sure about how I will look on that so I am going to head for 10st flat and see how I feel then... would really like the single figure though! ha! Like you, I haven't been anywhere near the 9s since I was about 16 or 17. I got to the 10st 13.5lb in June 2010 and that was my lowest since I was 18... im 26 now so I just think feck it, take the bull by the horns...

It was tough at first to get used to not eating everything i loved all the time but I am getting really used to it now and I find its like second nature...

Onward and downward Judy! we will get there eventually!!! Good luck!!!!!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Happy Friday everyone!....
    So here comes the toughest part of the week....
    I've just stopped by Tesco on my way, and stocked up on salad, turkey rashers, and one or two low-fat WW snackages....
    Add on a couple of trips to the gym, and hopefully I'll stay on the right side of the auld propoints allowance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hey guys! Did the Tesco trip today too, - Muller Little Stars Jellies (still 2 packs for €3) - 1pp per pot, Dairylea Dunkers Jumbo Tubes (on offer) - 3pp per pack, YUM, strawberries, fruit tea, Ryvita Dark Rye, Low Low Cheese, Chicken breasts, salmon, truckload of veg, and NO crisps, crackers, ww snacks, biscuits or energy drinks. I can't buy any of that stuff any more, I'll eat it all if I know it's there so have told himself that if he wants biscuits or crisps over the weekend to get a single pack himself, too tempting!

Had a good day - was starving in town, didn't have breakfast, was rushing - went into a petrol station and was SO tempted by all the lovely breakfast rolls but opted for a brown bread sandwich with no butter or mayo, just two slices of turkey breast and some lettuce and onion. The girl at the counter kept asking if I wanted butter, she must've thought I was mental.

Just had dinner a while ago - got the Season & Shake Piri Piri Chicken, threw in a pack of mini chicken breast fillets from Tesco, had it with a big salad,was GORGEOUS and even the 7yo cleaned his plate. Fab!

Have a great weekend xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Anyone in the cork area willing to come and give me a giant kick up the behind and tell me 2 cop the frick on....I would greatly appriciate it before untold damage is done. I won't even go in to how atrocious iv been of late....only thAt I'm feelin very much like a lazy shameful lump!!!
    Tomorrow is a new day

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

WI in today....down 4...got my 5% within a month! was so super excited that the afternoon in work was a blur! almost a stone down too...only 1.5 to go...fingers crossed for next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Nesie wrote: »
    WI in today....down 4...got my 5% within a month! was so super excited that the afternoon in work was a blur! almost a stone down too...only 1.5 to go...fingers crossed for next week...

That's brilliant - Well Done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Well night all! Went out walking this morning, seemed like a nice morning, so said I'd walk down to Aldi (good bit of a walk)... Halfway there, it started to rain, and I mean RAIN! Got drenched! When I got to Aldi, do ye think I could remember a single suggestion that ye had posted here?? Not a chance! :( Anyway, got a few bits and headed home, only to be saturated by a passing car driving through a puddle!! :mad:
    But, highlight of the day - meeting a friend that I haven't seen since Xmas and she remarked my face got thin! Small thing, but made my day! :D

Have a nice weekend everyone! And, here's to great losses this week! ;) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Danii86 wrote: »
    Anyone in the cork area willing to come and give me a giant kick up the behind and tell me 2 cop the frick on....I would greatly appriciate it before untold damage is done. I won't even go in to how atrocious iv been of late....only thAt I'm feelin very much like a lazy shameful lump!!!
    Tomorrow is a new day

Here, I'm nowhere near Cork but I'll give you a kick, I needed one myself 2 weeks ago - DO NOT GIVE UP. You can't change what you've done. You can't change what you've eaten, or what you've not done. All you can do is your best, and all you can do is start afresh with a positive attitude - don't call yourself names, there are enough sh!tes in the world beating on people's confidence without doing it to yourself. We've all been there, and we CAN come through it - scrap the past. Forget about it. It's done. Start new, start fresh, plan ahead, and do your best - you are far from shameful, you had the guts and the bravery to post how you were feeling. Fair play to you for having the balls to do that, because lots of people can't do that. Well done on facing up to it, and sincerely, best of luck for the next few days and the week ahead xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Danii86 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is a new day

Lady Lainy is in cork :) she might do it but your right tomorrow is a new day, draw a line and start fresh it happens to all of us at some stage, but what matters is not giving up all together and getting back on track. you can do it and you know its worth it :) good luck!

OMG my face is killing me still I hate my sinus LOL really missing my work outs! never thought I say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenny102

Started back in WW last week on the 26 pp. Had a good week and lost 3 lbs so pretty happy with that.

Heard a rumour that baked beans are now FREE (0 pp) is this true. Find it very hard to believe !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

jenny102 wrote: »
    Started back in WW last week on the 26 pp. Had a good week and lost 3 lbs so pretty happy with that.

Heard a rumour that baked beans are now FREE (0 pp) is this true. Find it very hard to believe !

Ha, I doubt it. A small can is 4 points. Still good value for protein though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

jenny102 wrote: »

They are only free if you are doing the filling and healthy plan. You will get a booklet on your 3rd week about it. 4pp for half a big tin or 7pp for whole tin otherwise :)

Had a lovely lie on this morning, little one in her nannies.... so we stayed in bed, then i got up, had some fruit and walked to the library, changed my books, then headed home for a lovely brunch watching the match... :)

2 Aldi rashers - 2 for 3pp, potato farl, hashbrown, poached egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and 1 slice of toast... yummy and soooooo filling for 10pp... :)

heading to the park now before the rugby starts.... Having a good start to the weekend! :D

Well done on all this mornings WIs... great numbers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Sounds yummy ali85! Got a surprise when I ready your post - I'm 26 too and what with the little ones (mines 10mths) and the weddings coming up your posts read like my life!!! :) Except I got no lie in this morning :( Would looooove one of those in the near future - must get on to OH.

We had people calling by the house yesterday eve so I made caramel brownies - took the recipe from a food magazine I got last week. I hereby swear that I will NEVER make something without pointing it beforehand so help me GOD!!! 12 points each per brownie and it would take two of them to make a proper brownie in my book! So spent the morning going around to neighbours and friends doling them out. Just couldn't have them in the cupboard as they were practically talking to me. Still regretting the 18 points I wasted on them yesterday but so relieved they're gone now. Here's to a better couple of days ahead.

Happy Weekend everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Had a lovely lie on this morning, little one in her nannies.... so we stayed in bed, then i got up, had some fruit and walked to the library, changed my books, then headed home for a lovely brunch watching the match... :)

2 Aldi rashers - 2 for 3pp, potato farl, hashbrown, poached egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and 1 slice of toast... yummy and soooooo filling for 10pp... :)

heading to the park now before the rugby starts.... Having a good start to the weekend! :D

Well done on all this mornings WIs... great numbers! :D

Hi ali! Just wondering how much pp you gave to the potato farl? I love love love them and would love to have a pp to put on them! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Fruit bowl full, check 🍉! No crap in the press, check! Lunch for the week, check!! Now all I have to do is stay on track!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had a relatively good weekend do far, was out with the girls last night and made very good food choices, had 3 drinks and felt awful, so switched to water, such a light weight!

Have used all my weeklies so gonna have up be careful between now and tuesday.. Very hard not to use them on 26pp!

Think I'll have a F&H day tomorrow, I'm finding them great, and really encouraging me to eat more healthily..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Does anyone know how many points are in Extra Chewing Gum?

Also, sweetners for tea/coffee?

Ps. Only joined WW last week and I'm finding it really enjoyable and am feeling great even my acne has cleared up and my skin has never looked better. There's a lot to be said for eating well :)

Skinnydoll's website is fab !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

Ps. Only joined WW last week and I'm finding it really enjoyable and am feeling great even my acne has cleared up and my skin has never looked better. There's a lot to be said for eating well :)

I'm not too sure about chewing gum, I've never actually pointed it myself!

The sweeteners for tea/coffee or the more powder version for cereal is no pp!
    Glad you are enjoying WW, it's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I think a pack of Extra is 4pp. I had to pp it. I was giving up cigarettes and I was going through about 2 of the handy box packs a day. I had very sore jaws, with that and all the talking :D It was a habit I had to get out of once I realised I was wasting pp on it. Now I would have like 2 pieces a day and chew on it for ages so I don't bother pointing it :)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi ali! Just wondering how much pp you gave to the potato farl? I love love love them and would love to have a pp to put on them! =)

i usually cut them in half and point it at 2pp... just to be safe... it works out at just under 2pp (1.7pp) on the calculator thing I have on my phone...

JudyD wrote: »
    Sounds yummy ali85! Got a surprise when I ready your post - I'm 26 too and what with the little ones (mines 10mths) and the weddings coming up your posts read like my life!!! :) Except I got no lie in this morning :( Would looooove one of those in the near future - must get on to OH.

Our little one is 10! haha! she is great. She is getting really good at eating the veggies... loves roasted parsnips... which i never used to eat myself until i saw some chef on tv blanch them, put salt & pepper and a bit of sweetener and roast them in the oven for 20 mins... really tasty and such low pp...

Her cousin stays in her nannies one night of the weekend each week so she haunts us to send our lil one up... they are close in age so they love each others company... works out well for us some weeks :)

Great to see you are enjoying it... you wont know yourself soon enough. I am going for week 6 weigh in this wednesday and i have lost 11lb so far. I have tried and failed at WW soooo many times in the past but this time I just feel its a little bit easier to work into my daily routine...

my tips would be stay on this... either read or post.... its brilliant, especially for the moral support and motivation that you might need during the week away from your meeting.... get a calculator app on your fone or keep your ccalculator with you... its amazing some of the things that you think would be really high in pp but that are actually quite low...

for when you have a few weeks done and you are getting bored of the same dinners and you are craving your favourites... pp them... i love chicken burgers and have been avoiding them because I thought they would be loaded but they are only 4pp (the ones out of aldi...)

oh and measure yourself too.... :) take your meaurements and if not every week, every two weeks just remeasure to see the inch loss... its great... especially if you are not seeing results on the scales that you would like...

Sorry for the long post... just these things really helped me when i started out again...got so many tips from this thread... its AMAZEBALLS!!! :D

Great to see you are enjoying it... you wont know yourself soon enough. I am going for week 6 weigh in this wednesday and i have lost 11lb so far. I have tried and failed at WW soooo many times in the past but this time I just feel its a little bit easier to work into my daily routine...

my tips would be stay on this... either read or post.... its brilliant, especially for the moral support and motivation that you might need during the week away from your meeting.... get a calculator app on your fone or keep your ccalculator with you... its amazing some of the things that you think would be really high in pp but that are actually quite low...

for when you have a few weeks done and you are getting bored of the same dinners and you are craving your favourites... pp them... i love chicken burgers and have been avoiding them because I thought they would be loaded but they are only 4pp (the ones out of aldi...)

oh and measure yourself too.... :) take your meaurements and if not every week, every two weeks just remeasure to see the inch loss... its great... especially if you are not seeing results on the scales that you would like...

Sorry for the long post... just these things really helped me when i started out again...got so many tips from this thread... its AMAZEBALLS!!! :D

Thanks very much Ali :)

I keep the calculator in my bag with me at all times and I purchased the cookbook and it has amazing recipes!

I made the tomato and butternut squash soup during the week (0pp), my mum made the lasagne, and tonight I made the blueberry and banana muffins! They were delish ! :)

What's hard though is getting the points for food in restaurants. For instance today I had calamari and salad in a restaurant and I've no idea what points to record? :(

How do you calculate such points when eating out?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I keep the calculator in my bag with me at all times and I purchased the cookbook and it has amazing recipes!

I made the tomato and butternut squash soup during the week (0pp), my mum made the lasagne, and tonight I made the blueberry and banana muffins! They were delish ! :)

What's hard though is getting the points for food in restaurants. For instance today I had calamari and salad in a restaurant and I've no idea what points to record? :(

You should pick up the eating out guide they have at the meetings. I find it great, as it has many of the restaurants that I eat out at as well as general points for items on menus.

west wing beat me to it! :D the eating out guide is brilliant.... general rule of thumb i use is try and point the main thing in the dish... (like the squid in your case) then add in whatever extras you have like breadcrumbs, or the oil or butter they are fried in.... thats what i do....

skinny dolls blog is great for the fast food stuff ... even eddie rockets is on that! :D

what day is your weigh in???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I was bold last night and go burger king after a night out - I wasnt even drunk so I dont have that as an excuse! I was a little bit smarter and only got a hamburger and a portion of chilli cheese bites - so 13 pp in total. And they have been pointed and taken out of my weeklies.

Between all the stuff I have had go on this weekend, I still have 17 weeklies left but I have not done any exercise since thursday. Gonna hit the gym after work tomorrow and hope for the best at WI on tuesday!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

west wing beat me to it! :D the eating out guide is brilliant.... general rule of thumb i use is try and point the main thing in the dish... (like the squid in your case) then add in whatever extras you have like breadcrumbs, or the oil or butter they are fried in.... thats what i do....

skinny dolls blog is great for the fast food stuff ... even eddie rockets is on that! :D

what day is your weigh in???

My weigh in is on Wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Boy am I glad I'm back into the routine of the week! I just have not food routine at the weekend! I've practically used my weeklies, but only on crap really. I must plan better for the weekend as I do the working week. I think I think of the weekend as a time to treat myself, but I should plan my treats a bit better like I was a few weeks ago by making something lovely (ie the apple crisp) to look forward to, not a choc bar here and a pk crisps there you know.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good Monday! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement