Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

dee man wrote: »
    Dembo88 wrote: »
    ohh did ya i see what u mean, i dnt think they want us to know a whole pile on the bank, but will ask us more competencies type questions,
    true we got threw that awful aptitude so we cant be doing that bad i suppose:)

Yeah dee man, I wonder will it be situational type stuff like "What would you do if such a thing occurred" etc? Although I can't imagine too many different questions they could ask us there either like. It would be a fright to get another grilling aptitude test haha :D Yeah I'm focusing on the positive anyway, the fact we've been called surely is a good thing and it shows they want to suss us out ha :) I reckon the nerves will kick in for us both Wednesday night/ Thursday morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

Yeah dee man, I wonder will it be situational type stuff like "What would you do if such a thing occurred" etc? Although I can't imagine too many different questions they could ask us there either like. It would be a fright to get another grilling aptitude test haha :D Yeah I'm focusing on the positive anyway, the fact we've been called surely is a good thing and it shows they want to suss us out ha :) I reckon the nerves will kick in for us both Wednesday night/ Thursday morning :eek:
    probaly will, but ya its all positive now anyway. era shur all you need to do is talk about whats in ur cv and what uve done to date.
    what time u thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

hmmm there must be alot of people being interviewed so if they are spreading the interviews out over two days in cork.. i will come here wed night an fill ye in no worries.

I was told that it will mainly be a run thru of ur cv and then general questions about your weaknesses an strengths and abilities, how u work in a team the usual type questions. Nothing too difficult.

A friend of mine works in AIB and she sed not to worry about knowing everything about banking unless your going for credit analyst or those kind of jobs.. I studied politics and I am going for the branch banking so thats general customer services nothing major in banking she sed is to be known... hopefully anyway cause i dont know much about banking!lol

probaly will, but ya its all positive now anyway. era shur all you need to do is talk about whats in ur cv and what uve done to date.
    what time u thursday

Hopefully, I'm a master at talking bull so I hope I can do enough of it to improve the CV even more when they ask me about it :D I'm on around 2 o clock Thursday (I reckon they will probably take a few mins extra with everyone like) ha. How about you?

Hopefully, I'm a master at talking bull so I hope I can do enough of it to improve the CV even more when they ask me about it :D I'm on around 2 o clock Thursday (I reckon they will probably take a few mins extra with everyone like) ha. How about you?

your like myself so i like to spoff on abit alrite and keep talking:)
    im up at 3 o clock. ya they always run behind abit anyway, especially when they r running a good few interviews together

• Advertisement

your like myself so i like to spoff on abit alrite and keep talking:)
    im up at 3 o clock. ya they always run behind abit anyway, especially when they r running a good few interviews together

just been told my interview is a more financial analysis/ credit assessment area, is there different positions been offered so? all confused,lol

just been told my interview is a more financial analysis/ credit assessment area, is there different positions been offered so? all confused,lol

Sure we might run into each other in Glanmire you never know haha :D Things like interviews always run slightly late so I presume it'll be just after 2 that I'll have my one. You serious? Oh God I hope that I'm not interviewed for one of those roles haha I'd nearly walk out, I applied for the branch banking role like! :eek: There are two positions being offered as far as I know, financial analyst and the branch banking role :) I presume you did business if you applied for that role?

Sure we might run into each other in Glanmire you never know haha :D Things like interviews always run slightly late so I presume it'll be just after 2 that I'll have my one. You serious? Oh God I hope that I'm not interviewed for one of those roles haha I'd nearly walk out, I applied for the branch banking role like! :eek: There are two positions being offered as far as I know, financial analyst and the branch banking role :) I presume you did business if you applied for that role?
    nope i did property management.
    but do have a diploma in finance. jez the way thimgs are going i hope she told me the right place to go,lol
    jez we mite, dnt forget to say hello ok,:D

Amanda11 wrote: »
    hmmm there must be alot of people being interviewed so if they are spreading the interviews out over two days in cork.. i will come here wed night an fill ye in no worries.

I was told that it will mainly be a run thru of ur cv and then general questions about your weaknesses an strengths and abilities, how u work in a team the usual type questions. Nothing too difficult.

A friend of mine works in AIB and she sed not to worry about knowing everything about banking unless your going for credit analyst or those kind of jobs.. I studied politics and I am going for the branch banking so thats general customer services nothing major in banking she sed is to be known... hopefully anyway cause i dont know much about banking!lol

Yeah I was thinking they'd be those kind of questions Amanda11, so I hope we all get on alright, this boards.ie thing was a great find haha :) I'm in the same boat as you, I didn't do any business or finance in college, I've a degree in Exercise & Fitness and we only touched on financial things in first and fourth year in college haha, so I hope I don't get asked a real sticky question thats hard to answer :(

nope i did property management.
    but do have a diploma in finance. jez the way thimgs are going i hope she told me the right place to go,lol
    jez we mite, dnt forget to say hello ok,:D

The finance will stand to you so ha :) Haha I can PM directions to you if you want? I got an email with them like. I'll say hello and best of luck, I won't frighten you with tough questions after coming out of the interview room ok :D

• Advertisement

The finance will stand to you so ha :) Haha I can PM directions to you if you want? I got an email with them like. I'll say hello and best of luck, I won't frighten you with tough questions after coming out of the interview room ok :D
    haha na ur grand i have to ring cpl tomorrow and do a small run threw with them so will double check everything with them:D
    ohh do, i suppose if im not prepared by then ill be screwed:)
    ohh my finance will def come in handy, shure ive loads done in my course:eek:.

Yeah I know you think with studying politics i wud be used to bull****ting lol!!!

I dont think the interview will be too tough but its just me i get nervous so its just to try not let it show...

ohh deeman i wounder are branch banking interviews wed so and creidt analysts thurs... Think the credit analyst one have the higher pay so gooo you!! :)

ohhh i emailed cpl but got no reply....

do we need to bring leaving cert results with us and also degree or certs?

I dont even have my copy of lc results and my degree is in a frame i cant walk in with that hahahaha!!!

ohhh i emailed cpl but got no reply....

do we need to bring leaving cert results with us and also degree or certs?

I dont even have my copy of lc results and my degree is in a frame i cant walk in with that hahahaha!!!
    that would be hilarious walking in with the frame in ur hand,lol
    am no dnt think they want our results at this stage. if we r offered the job then we have to prove our degree results i pasume.
    who are you emailing?
    im talking to an aileen

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

I'm in cork on Friday I did the silo grain test!!! There must b a hell of a lot of people being interviewed!! Hope it'll b a good week for everybody :) how's the prep going?

its nikki i am on to... shes very nice! But i have no prep run through or anything!! :(

I know can you imagine walkin in with the frame hahahaha.... Yeah i will leave that off and if successfull i can then get on to department of ed to get copy of lc results. Just i got an email of cpl of a Interview checklist and it say they want original copies of degree an lc...

3 days of interviews :O god there must be alot of us going for interviews so!! fingers crossed for all of us on here!!

its nikki i am on to... shes very nice! But i have no prep run through or anything!! :(

I know can you imagine walkin in with the frame hahahaha.... Yeah i will leave that off and if successfull i can then get on to department of ed to get copy of lc results. Just i got an email of cpl of a Interview checklist and it say they want original copies of degree an lc...
    era id worry bout all that stuff until after the interview.

im actually getting nervous now that its the analyst position im going for, :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Hey Guys!

Everyone set for their interview!!:0 reading the stuff above..hope it won't last 70 mins! although i'd say twould fly when we're in there without knowing!:)
    deeman you diploma will def stand to you:) maybe that's why your put forward for analyst role!

Amanda I think we need to only produce our degree/leaving cert if we get an offer after the interviews! Interesting how would you actually go about getting leaving cert again?! Never thought about it! Haha imagine dragging in your framed degree under your arm into the interview!!:D

At least you got told now an not the night before or even worse on the day... you originally went for branch banking yes? well you musta done really well on ur aptitude test so thats great!! :)

• Advertisement

hahahaha I know morto.... id say you need to request them off the department... the school i went to closed down so dont really have much choice hahaha!!!

For the ladies...... Are ye wearing dresses or suits?lol

I really hope the interviewers are nice... i havent done a proper interview before so hence the freaking lol!!! only interviews for part time jobs nothing that needed prep!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Okay.. The interviews are all messed coz I got a choice of what day I wanted and I chose wednesday at 4! No idea how to research the banks.? Any suggestions?? Amanda suit I'd say,..but not sure have a dress too.... I've never gone for a proper interview either.... Gonna be scary but at least good experience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Haha amanda you'd have a tough time getting if off your old school alright!:D looked at mine today..all creased and my points written out to add them up!

There seems to be loads of people being interviewed alright!...haha makes me wonder did they just put everyone through from the aptitude test even if we failed it! poor bubble burst if it ever happened!..passing the silo test could be an achievement for your cv!:D

I'm wearing a dress and jacket..deciding whether to wear a heel or flats!

At least you got told now an not the night before or even worse on the day... you originally went for branch banking yes? well you musta done really well on ur aptitude test so thats great!! :)
    ya i applied for the branch,
    i know i finished the aptitude but didnt think i did that well like.
    all i wanted was a job and any type of job would have done. now im going for the analyst ill have the pull the finger out,
    how many more on here are going for the analyst job?
    and no some people did fail the aptitude

You can order your LC results online from examinations.ie I got mine before 'cause I lost the original copy from 2006 haha. My God there seems to be a massive amount of people going for interviews, its good that we're all here chatting about it anyway, this boards.ie is a God send if you ask me!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dani404

Hey guys .. I taut I failed the test too .. Was shocked when I heard I had an interview .. Mine is 9 on Wednesday .. Ahhh looks like I'm first .. Was thinking a dress and suit jacket .. An maybe small heels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Im going for the analyst position in cork too, I just applied for a general branch banking position through a recruiter but because I have a 2.1 and good leaving the recruiter put me in for the analyst one...shocked I passed the grain test but now Im really nervous for the interview as I have zero finance or business in my degree, and no experience in the area either! I havnt been sent a job spec or anything, so all I know about the position is what I can figure out from googling 'credit analyst' haha!

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Okay.. The interviews are all messed coz I got a choice of what day I wanted and I chose wednesday at 4! No idea how to research the banks.? Any suggestions?? Amanda suit I'd say,..but not sure have a dress too.... I've never gone for a proper interview either.... Gonna be scary but at least good experience!!!

I got no choice of interview time at all Orlaith88 ha, I'm at a loss to researching banks anyway I find that its hard to learn stuff on them! I'm a male but regarding dress code I'd say it would be however one would dress if they were working in a bank 'cause thats what you're being interviewed for and aspiring to be, its a simple answer I know but a good technique when you think about it ha :)

Im going for the analyst position in cork too, I just applied for a general branch banking position through a recruiter but because I have a 2.1 and good leaving the recruiter put me in for the analyst one...shocked I passed the grain test but now Im really nervous for the interview as I have zero finance or business in my degree, and no experience in the area either! I havnt been sent a job spec or anything, so all I know about the position is what I can figure out from googling 'credit analyst' haha!

Ha crystalmice that is a genius way of doing it! :D I applied for the branch banking role, so I hope I did well enough but not well enough to be considered for an analyst position as I have zero business/finance either! I didn't even go through a recruiter, just applied directly to AIB! :confused:

• Advertisement

Dani404 wrote: »
    Hey guys .. I taut I failed the test too .. Was shocked when I heard I had an interview .. Mine is 9 on Wednesday .. Ahhh looks like I'm first .. Was thinking a dress and suit jacket .. An maybe small heels ?

Hey your 9 in cork yeah??? im 10 so looks like you wud be first!! Good luck will prob see you wen you come out:)
    Yeah i am wearing a dress jacket and kitten heals or something dont wana be wearin anything too high and trip or fall over on the way in hahahaha totally wud happen to me hahaha:D

Yeah thank god for this here so we can all compare the info we got!! seems a bit all over the place... I just hope i get a job and any job i dont care!!

Advertisement