Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

In town today a chemist had some Lancôme products reduced in price so I picked up an eyeshadow for €10.

Lancôme 'Ombré Magnetique' Eyeshadow in "03G Black Macadam"

http://karlasugar.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Lancome-Ombre-Magnetique.jpg

I'll use it as an eyeliner rather than eye shadow.
    Here's a few swatches of this, it's so sparkly and pretty :D<3 it.

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B1.jpg

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B2.jpg

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B3.jpg

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Bought these today,

Barry M dazzle pot in Mushroom

barrymdazzledustmushroo.jpg

Barry M Dazzle pot in Old Gold
    barrymdazzledustoldgold.jpg

Beautiful colours and i just love how sparkly the are! Been wear Mushroom all day and it still looks perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Busi Girl

Any thoughts on Urban Decay eyeshadows? Long lasting/good colours?

I have an old pallett and I was considering buying the 'Nude' one. Any thoughts on it or would I be better buying separate eyeshadows?

And wheres the cheapest place to buy??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

Gauge wrote: »
    I am soooo tempted by this Glossybox thing, what's the general consensus on it? Worth the €15 a month?

I love receiving post, I love surprises, and I love makeup so I'm drooling at the concept of it, but don't know if I can justify another non-vital monthly expenditure :D

guage, i liked my first couple but haven't really been excited by them all! i am staying subscribed for dec in case we get nice christmassy makeup but i think i'll drop out in jan and do carmine instead cause i've heard better feedback about their stuff and they've just started shipping to ireland too. i might actually sign up for december in case the stuff is extra nice :) jesus i spend so much money on lotions & potions...

@slowmoe, i emailed customer services, apparently a batch were stopped by customs!!! dunno when we will get them! arrrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Gauge wrote: »
    I am soooo tempted by this Glossybox thing, what's the general consensus on it? Worth the €15 a month?

I love receiving post, I love surprises, and I love makeup so I'm drooling at the concept of it, but don't know if I can justify another non-vital monthly expenditure :D

I have received 3 glossyboxes now, and 2 carmines... so that's 15 x 5 = :P

I love getting it, you even forget sometimes, and it's a surprise when the postman knocks! Try it once - there is no subscription. AND the Christmas one should be good!

• Advertisement

Picked up this Essence Smokey Eyes Brush in Dunnes last week, was the last on there, delighted to have gotten it. Used it on Friday night and loved it. It's such a sturdy little brush.

novmebr2011012.jpg

Photo from I Haz A Beauty Blog

how much was this beauty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ladies.......

Need to buy Lancome or Dior face cream for the Mrs.....best place in Dublin city to purchase same ???

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Dancingqueen - do you prefer GlossyBox or Carmine? Will stick with GB for Christmas but might give Carmine a twirl after that.

how much was this beauty?
    I can't remember, but it was around the €2 mark.
    ebbsy wrote: »
    Ladies.......

Need to buy Lancome or Dior face cream for the Mrs.....best place in Dublin city to purchase same ???

thanks
    I'd say Brown Thomas.

However if there are any Boots in the city that sell Dior or Lancome skincare you'd be better off buying there as you get advantage points.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

ebbsy wrote: »
    Ladies.......

thanks

dior in dundrum is the most helpful counter i've ever found, its in the house of fraser. pretty much every time i've been there i've gotten fab advice and loadsa samples, i usually go to the young irish girl there not the older russian (bit pushy). i don't bother with city centre cos i never get as good service

Btw house of fraser have a diiscount day tomorrow! theres discounts off nearly everything including cosmetics!!!!!!

cookay thanks a million, i think i'll cancel in jan too. its nice to get a package but haven't been wowed at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

I got He-Shi tan today, and this lipstick and eyeliner from MAC. Thought there was 20% off today, turns out it was only on Fashion

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick/index.tmpl

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/151/476/Powerpoint-Eye-Pencil/index.tmpl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

Recently got the "lash plumping mascara" from Sephora and i was very happy with it. No Sephora outlets in Dublin afaik but you can order online. it's seriously the best mascara i've ever used i've even forsaken my bad gal lash by benefit

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188503&categoryId=B70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I didn't think you could order online from Sephora, can you???? Very excited if true!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Linguo wrote: »
    I didn't think you could order online from Sephora, can you???? Very excited if true!!!:)

You can order from sephora.fr but it's €18 delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

o5yik2.jpg

Woo! Just arrived in the mail today! Can't wait to play with it.. And a mini eyeliner in El Dorado came as a freebie.

edit: okey dokey, I have to say I am really liking the brush it comes with! I'm not keen on the mini lipgloss, it's minty but the color doesn't suit me and it's a bit sticky. It also says it plumps but it didn't do anything for me. The colors are gorgeous! I'm loving the matte black.. But I think you could go for either Naked 1 or 2, both aren't necessary but it's nice to have, that's for sure :) I know it doesn't come out until Feb 2012 (I think anyway) internationally but that's probably a good thing since if you're not sure on it you can look up reviews on youtube and blogs before making a decision! Oh, it was US$50 fyi, I don't know how much the original Naked palette is in euros but I am sure it's about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Thanks chickenbutt

I had a deep search and found out it will be available anytime from the 9th of January onward. 40 euro for Ireland and £36 for UK.

I'm starting to get tempted though but I wish it came with a primer potion like the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

rimmel-scandal-eyes-mascara.jpg

Bought this today. I cannot resist a special offer! :pac: Will post what I think of it tomorrow when I wear it.

original_0.jpg

Also bought this. Generally I use MAC Blacktrack as my eye liner, but I wanted to get a pen 'cause I thought it'd be easier when I'm in a rush. (Plus Barry M had a special offer on so I needed to spend! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^

The mascara... not mad about it. It doesn't really do anything for my lashes at all.

Love the eye liner though, so easy to use. Just wish it was slightly more pigmented, but for only how much it cost, it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

maybelline-dream-creamy-foundation-11.jpg
    Got this and I have to say, I love it. It's really easy to put on and it's so smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Hadn't planned on buying it, but was given some money for christmas that I HAVE to spend on myself (and not the house or kids or dog!!) so I got
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgAVNIFNHpGz1xhGkTp2INbxyzdwE84XCp_yT41MExsdWeUKjL
    Was €34 as there is 15% off all cosmetics in Debenhams.Was going to buy some more Urban Decay stuff but wanted to get some advice here on whats good and what's not and might head back tomorrow. The Sales Assistant recommended the Bronzer and Primer, just wondering what other people think of them and other things that might be good. Also got some samples from a friend who works on another counter, so was well chuffed!!

• Advertisement

^ I have that bb eyeshadow in heather mauve, it is so lovely! Nice haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

buy 3 get the cheapest free in boots on maybeline products :)

got myself new mascara.. foundation (day time!) and a fab gel eyeliner pot. which also came with a free brush applicator thing!

ive never used pot eye liner.. always pencil!!
    but i tried this !!
    and i love it!!

not brave enough to use the liquid pens just yet though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

o5yik2.jpg

Woo! Just arrived in the mail today! Can't wait to play with it.. And a mini eyeliner in El Dorado came as a freebie.

edit: okey dokey, I have to say I am really liking the brush it comes with! I'm not keen on the mini lipgloss, it's minty but the color doesn't suit me and it's a bit sticky. It also says it plumps but it didn't do anything for me. The colors are gorgeous! I'm loving the matte black.. But I think you could go for either Naked 1 or 2, both aren't necessary but it's nice to have, that's for sure :) I know it doesn't come out until Feb 2012 (I think anyway) internationally but that's probably a good thing since if you're not sure on it you can look up reviews on youtube and blogs before making a decision! Oh, it was US$50 fyi, I don't know how much the original Naked palette is in euros but I am sure it's about the same.
    where the hell did you get that? i love the midnight cowboy lipgloss

booboo88 wrote: »
    where the hell did you get that? i love the midnight cowboy lipgloss

I live in the US so I was able to order it the day it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

shakencat wrote: »
    buy 3 get the cheapest free in boots on maybeline products :)

got myself new mascara.. foundation (day time!) and a fab gel eyeliner pot. which also came with a free brush applicator thing!

ive never used pot eye liner.. always pencil!!
    but i tried this !!
    and i love it!!

not brave enough to use the liquid pens just yet though!!

That's my favourite eyeliner ever! And it doesn't budge!

My best buddy brought me back this from her recent "before Christmas trip home to France"

It's A-MA-ZING!

:D early Christmas pressie

0233.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

This is part of my xmas present from my brother, got it today in the post but I had a sneaky try, instantly made under my eyes less blue and brighter on one application!!
    Have to wait til Xmas to use it again! dammit!! But really impressed!!

or_0GGM01_300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Here's a few swatches of this, it's so sparkly and pretty :D<3 it.

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B1.jpg

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B2.jpg

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B3.jpg

Lanc%25C3%25B4me%2BOmbr%25C3%25A9%2BMagnetique%2B03G%2BBlack%2BMacadam%2B-%2B4.jpg

Purple bobbin i can't stop thinking about this! Where did you get it?

• Advertisement

slowmoe wrote: »
    Purple bobbin i can't stop thinking about this! Where did you get it?
    I got it in Weirs Pharmacy in Mullingar.

A quick Google brings it up on these websites.

http://www.amazon.com/Lancome-Magnetique-Spectacular-Sparkle-Eyeshadow/dp/B003XRPEM6

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid_Make--Up-am-lid_M-am-sid_12747780902__products.html - I've never ordered from this website and don't know anything about it, so I'd be very wary of ordering from it. Also it is in America I think so you could be caught for extra charges by customs if you order from it. Personally, I'd order from Amazon as it is far more reliable.

http://www.lancome.co.uk/_en/_gb/makeup/eyes/eye-shadows/ombre-magnetique-23801y.aspx - You can't order online from this website, but if you call them they may allow you to buy over the phone.

Selfridges also have this eye product in Disco Gold and Ultra lavande. For buyers outside the U.K you need to phone Selfridges and order over the phone as they don't take international orders on their website.

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Brand-rooms/Designer/LANCOME/Ombre-Magnetique-Long-Wear-Eyeshadow_340-84010339-OMBREMAGNETIQUE/

I don't know any where else it can be got, sorry. I'd say try Brown Thomas, Debenhams, Arnotts and Clearys as they all sell Lancôme (I think) so they may have it also. I don't know if you can order over the phone with Debenhams, Clearys or Arnotts though, but you can with BTs.

If you want, I can call into Weirs where I purchased it and see if they have any left (doubtful, but worth a try?) if they do, I could pick it up for you & post it to you.

Good luck, hope you find it :)

Advertisement