Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wow love these! DO you know if the seller has any more? Could you give me their details? Thanks!
    Moyglish wrote: »
    Me three please! :D

As far as I know the seller doesn't have any more for sale, but I'll PM you their eBay I.D and you can keep a check in case they put up more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

image1xl.jpg

Just bought this mascara today as it was on offer on boots and my god its amazing.The brush is a huge bog brush and really seperates my lashes and gives them good volume.I'll definitely be buying it again!

Gotta give this a +1....im very picky when it comes to my mascara (they're real didnt cut the mustard at all) but am very impressed by this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Finally bit the bullet and treated myself to the "Naked Palette" today...excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

hey how much is the palette, looking to get it for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

shannon82 wrote: »
    hey how much is the palette, looking to get it for Christmas
    Its 40 in debenhams but theyve had 10% off recently

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Purple Bobbin could you PM me lease too! thanks!

Ginny wrote: »
    Purple Bobbin could you PM me lease too! thanks!

Done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

My 'they're real' has almost dried out on me already!!! After about 3 weeks! I haven't even been using it every day, i'd say i only use it 2-3 days a week as its my 'good' mascara. Really disappointed, has anyone else had any problems? Back to diorshow blackout for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Just got Mac prep and prime translucent pressed powder, Kohl Eye pencil in Feline and Eyebrows pen in Stud. I shall have a little experimentation this evening and give you all the verdict!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

slowmoe wrote: »
    My 'they're real' has almost dried out on me already!!! After about 3 weeks! I haven't even been using it every day, i'd say i only use it 2-3 days a week as its my 'good' mascara. Really disappointed, has anyone else had any problems? Back to diorshow blackout for me
    I've heard that about Benefit mascaras before - mine still seems okay though, but I haven't used it that much tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today I bought :

soap+and+glory.jpg

Soap & Glory, Kick Ass Concealer.
    There were no testers in Boots so I bought this in Medium. I'm pale but I don't think I'm very pale. If it helps, for reference I am a MAC NW20. Anyway, I think the Medium is really dark!
    I love the packaging though and I was dying to try out some products from their new make up range. This has two concealers and a wee setting powder. I like it, however I wish I'd bought it in Light.

ar.jpg

Soap & Glory, Arch de Triumph.
    An eyebrow shaping and highlighting crayon. Again, it looks really cute and I'm a sucker for cuteness! Pencil feels nice and soft. I bought this in Taupe, which was the only colour it was available in in Boots, Liffey Valley. It's rather light for me as my eyebrows are very dark but I'll definitely still use it, as an everyday natural look kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bubbles(",)

This may be a little OT but I was just wondering if anybody has come across the NARS Danmari All About Cheeks Palette in Dublin/Belfast? It's Limited Edition for Christmas & was looking to possibly buy it up North or in Dublin but not sure if they are available here! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've been trying out the Benefit b.right skincare range for the last few weeks.
    The tester pack was £10 on ASOS.

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/b-right-radiant-skincare-by-benefit-6-piece-intro-kit

I don't use the face wash or the exfoliator because I use dove exfoliating soap to wash and exfoliate.

I love the eye cream, I'm 24 so it's my first eye cream but it has definitely improved my dark circles since I've started to use it.

I also find the moisture prep toner brilliant, I don't know how it works but it makes the moisturiser you apply afterwards sink in so much faster.

I'm not too keen on the moisturisers even though everyone raves about them, I do like the triple performing facial emulsion but only if applied over the moisture prep I mentioned earlier.

So overall there's only 2 products that I will definitely repurchase but they're really good and I'm delighted to have found them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

In NYC visiting the family for Thanksgiving and picked up these babies:

6403466395_f10e9c513b.jpg
    The Black Knight, Tart With A Heart, No More Waity Katie for approx €10 each. Also got Essie Super Duper Top Coat for €6, a 4 oz bottle of cuticle oil for €2 and a glass nail file for €1.80

6403479953_735947484e.jpg
    All from MAC: Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush, Charcoal Brown (Matte), Orb (Satin), Brulé (Satin), Coffee Eye Pencil and Painterly Paint Pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

C-J wrote: »
    Just got Mac prep and prime transparent pressed powder, Kohl Eye pencil in Feline and Eyebrows pen in Stud. I shall have a little experimentation this evening and give you all the verdict!!

The verdict! Tried the powder after applying lancome foundation mixed wit bit of tinted moisturiser and it set it beautifully. Very natural, poreless finish. Matte where i wanted it to be but not looking like a mask! Used kohl eyeliner just on top lids, but as I seem to always find with mac liners it smudged down to the bottom lashes. Perhaps heating the liner beforehand might help here i'm not sure! I've naturally dark colouring and so chose stud in the eyebrows pen, its a lovely creamy option and is the best eyebrow essential i've used and i've used them all! Very natural dark and effortless to use, very easy to create nice arch and shape! Very pleased with my purchases, and if you hadn't guessed i'm a mac obsessive

Tayla wrote: »
    I've been trying out the Benefit b.right skincare range for the last few weeks.
    The tester pack was £10 on ASOS.

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/b-right-radiant-skincare-by-benefit-6-piece-intro-kit

I don't use the face wash or the exfoliator because I use dove exfoliating soap to wash and exfoliate.

I love the eye cream, I'm 24 so it's my first eye cream but it has definitely improved my dark circles since I've started to use it.

I also find the moisture prep toner brilliant, I don't know how it works but it makes the moisturiser you apply afterwards sink in so much faster.

I'm not too keen on the moisturisers even though everyone raves about them, I do like the triple performing facial emulsion but only if applied over the moisture prep I mentioned earlier.

So overall there's only 2 products that I will definitely repurchase but they're really good and I'm delighted to have found them!

Wow :( i wish i'd gotten this but the set was sold out when i went looking for it

Picked up this Essence Smokey Eyes Brush in Dunnes last week, was the last on there, delighted to have gotten it. Used it on Friday night and loved it. It's such a sturdy little brush.

novmebr2011012.jpg

Photo from I Haz A Beauty Blog

Got a full size "Monu Recovery Balm" in my Glossybox this month. Now if ever I stumbled upon something that turned out to be amazing then this is it. 100% recommend. Only using a pea sized amount for my whole face in the mornings, keeps the oil at bay and no dryness. Love it!

monu-skincare-monu-recovery-balm-50ml-.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

QHbNL.jpg

I originally bought John Frieda "Go Blonder" spray as an impulse purchase to round off a 3 for 2 in Boots, but I have to say it WORKS.

Now it does contain peroxide so I don't go too mad using it because my hair tends to be on the dry side anyway. A few sprays once or twice a week before blowdrying.

It definitely lightened my hair up overall and really brought out the highlights to the extent that I no longer bother paying for balayage highlights :D and a few people have complimented me on the colour, one or two even asking where did I get it done!

Probably one of the best buys I've had this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

Got a full size "Monu Recovery Balm" in my Glossybox this month. Now if ever I stumbled upon something that turned out to be amazing then this is it. 100% recommend. Only using a pea sized amount for my whole face in the mornings, keeps the oil at bay and no dryness. Love it!

monu-skincare-monu-recovery-balm-50ml-.jpg
    im in dublin too & still waiting for my glossybox to arrive! hope i get this in it, i want a new moisturiser. the feedback on this months gb is kind of bad tho, i will get it again in dec but think i'll unsubscribe after that...

C-J would love to try that mac powder & Thurston Whore thats a gorgeous haul!!

• Advertisement

cocokay wrote: »
    im in dublin too & still waiting for my glossybox to arrive! hope i get this in it, i want a new moisturiser. the feedback on this months gb is kind of bad tho, i will get it again in dec but think i'll unsubscribe after that...

i'm also in Dublin and waiting for the glossybox to arrive. I'd love this or the philip kingsley elasticizer.

Glossybox said they expect all irish customers will receive it by nov 30th, so two more days of waiting :(

Picked up a bottle of this today for €5, it was originally €17.50 :eek:

Lancôme Vernis Fortifiant

1640184743.Jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hey everyone,

Got a few bits in elf having been sucked into their 'spend 10 euro and get a box of free stuff' offer.

Got the studio stipple brush
    84015_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg

I've never used one and wanted to try out a cheap one (cos I've no money to spend on a dear one lol). It's not very dense so I didn't have high hopes, however it didn't shed which I feared it would having read some reviews. Applied Revlon colourstay with it and I liked the finish. Picked up less product than my no7 foundation brush so that's a plus. Pleased overall.

Also got the smudge brush

1825%20PRODUCT%20IMAGE.jpg

This is grand for doing a bit of smudgy liner on top or bottom lash line. Happy for the price of it.

Got the brow treat and tame.

81201_treatntame_prodpage(1).jpg

I'm not confident at shaping my brows and they're really fair so I didn't want anything dramatic. I love this. It's a perfect colour and gives a nice shape.

After much debating with myself, I got a studio cream shadow and I'm impressed. Got the shade bronze. I use it over smashbox primer. It lasts about 5-6 hours without creasing which isn't bad. I like how it blends out and now I'm tempted to get more!

81240%20PRODUCT%20IMAGE.jpg

After buying these they sent me two polishes in smokey brown and golden goddess. The brown is somewhat watery but two coats built it up nicely. No chips yet but only on two days! The gold is lovely over other colours as a glittery topcoat.
    They also sent a pack of 12 mascara wands (random!) and a minty plumping lipgloss that I gave away cos the scent was rank.

All in all, my faith has been somewhat restored in elf and I will be buying from them again I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I am in Galway and got my GlossyBox last Wednesday. I was a bit meh at first but I got the Monu Recovery Balm and I love it. A little goes a long way and it is so soothing. I'd buy it again. The hand cream is good too and I got lots of compliments on the nail wraps (They are fiddly to apply though - not convinced.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

A blog a friend works on (*cough* sosueme.ie) just posted about temporary lip tattoos. The ones in the post are bit in your face but I bought 2 simple and pale ones.

pink_polka_dot_1_medium.png?104624

Enlarge_54e64c7fc43677.png

These two are $14.95 on violentlips.com (€16 on asos) and with shipping it was $33.98 which is about €24 and you get 3 sets in a pack. I think they're so cute and different! If they don't look nice, I'll just keep them for future costumes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

slowmoe wrote: »
    Wow :( i wish i'd gotten this but the set was sold out when i went looking for it

Keep an eye on ASOS for it to come back into stock. Since it launched they seem to sell out a good bit but they always get it back in!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have seen those lip transfers, they are mad looking! I really can't see them outside a costume, but maybe I'll be proved wrong!

Maybe my huge dislike for Jessie J has something to do with it :pac:

cocokay wrote: »

I was fairly happy with mine to be honest.. I got the hand cream which I loved, and I'll use the bath salts, if even for foot soaking (I know they are cheap as chips though!)

Carmine are shipping to Ireland now.. I got sucked in!

www.carmine.co.uk

Never got my glossybox! Raging!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I am soooo tempted by this Glossybox thing, what's the general consensus on it? Worth the €15 a month?

I love receiving post, I love surprises, and I love makeup so I'm drooling at the concept of it, but don't know if I can justify another non-vital monthly expenditure :D

Advertisement