Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Hey there!

A few girls were asking about the Skin79 BB Cream I ordered off Ebay, I can confirm it's completely 100% real and it's fantastic!

It's a big bottle of product, perfect for pale skin and gives lovely dewy coverage! I actually find it better than the Mac BB version I've been using previously and it was only 12 euro including P & P which is fantastic!

The seller I ordered from is very trustworthy and posted the item really quickly, I'll definitely order from them again!

Just note this BB cream is suited to pale skin tones but as long as you're aware of that you won't be disappointed, well I wasn't anyway:D

If anyone wants the sellers name just pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got the Argan Body Conditioner in Lush today. It smells divine. Can't wait to try it out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnny10

Hi Linguo could you pm me the supplier on eBay of the bb cream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

johnny10 wrote: »
    Hi Linguo could you pm me the supplier on eBay of the bb cream

Sure thing will do now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I got a few of the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks last week (a lot of chemists seems to be doing them for €4.95 atm). I'm a fan of Rimmel lipsticks as it is, they usually have a good colour payoff and don't dry out my lips! Here is the link to the collection on the rimmel website, although there are not much in the way of pix of the actual lipsticks. This blog post has swatches of two of the shades I bought, 01 (red - quite blue-based, it's a pretty nice colour but I think there are better red lipsticks out there) and 08 (pinky nude - which I LOVE! My new everyday lippy). Quite happy with them, and I think they're definitely a good price, even without the two euro off deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So I've just ran out of moisturiser and will be buying one tomorrow. Anyone have any recommendations? I suppose my skin is 'normal' in that it's not overly dry or overly oily. I have noticed that since the weather has become a little colder, my skin is slightly drier though.

I just wanna buy something I can pick up in Boots and preferably cheap and cheerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Novella wrote: »
    So I've just ran out of moisturiser and will be buying one tomorrow. Anyone have any recommendations? I suppose my skin is 'normal' in that it's not overly dry or overly oily. I have noticed that since the weather has become a little colder, my skin is slightly drier though.

I just wanna buy something I can pick up in Boots and preferably cheap and cheerful!

I got this stuff on a recommendation from a friend 2 years ago, and I love it!
    I had been using Clinque gel before hand, and as soon as I tried this I made the switch permanently. I ran out once, and used my Clinque in the mean time, and I could tell the difference in my skin straight away.
    Nothing makes my skin feel as good as this stuff.
    It's brill, cheap as chips, and you can get it in boots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ Ya know what? I've actually heard that that is really good and I've meant to try it out myself for ages! Will definitely pick it up tomorrow :) Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

decided to head down to cork for my annual sisley haul but my god the cork women can sell!!!!

went down to get the new sisylea foundation, ended up coming home with a laura mercier primer, laura mercier secret camoflage ,and since debenhams had an offer with the purchase of more than 2 items, i splurged out on lancome kohl black eyeliner and a concealer brush!
    eek!
    must say though the secret camoflage is the biz and the sisylea foundation is a treat to put on!

delighted!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Linguo wrote: »
    Hey there!

A few girls were asking about the Skin79 BB Cream I ordered off Ebay, I can confirm it's completely 100% real and it's fantastic!

It's a big bottle of product, perfect for pale skin and gives lovely dewy coverage! I actually find it better than the Mac BB version I've been using previously and it was only 12 euro including P & P which is fantastic!

The seller I ordered from is very trustworthy and posted the item really quickly, I'll definitely order from them again!

Just note this BB cream is suited to pale skin tones but as long as you're aware of that you won't be disappointed, well I wasn't anyway:D

If anyone wants the sellers name just pm me!

Would love to try this and I've pm'ed for the name of your seller.
    Do these creams have a grey cast? I'm pretty pale but I worry about looking at all grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

They do give a grey cast initally but then oxidise within about 5 minutes to your skin tone. I have the Skin 79 BB, ordered it from amazon.com a while back. It's great, but I do find it makes me break-out after a few days.

I bought Pantene Clarifying shampoo recently as I noticed my hair getting greasier. It's brilliant. Squeaky clean and shiny! Worth the €5.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

image1xl.jpg

Just bought this mascara today as it was on offer on boots and my god its amazing.The brush is a huge bog brush and really seperates my lashes and gives them good volume.I'll definitely be buying it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

Ooooh must try it. I've been meaning to buy the Rimmel Day To Night and the Maybelline Collossal but must try this too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hey does anyone here use the eye liner called "carbon black"? Can you tell me what it's like, if it's good/bad, long lasting, flakes off etc.

Also what brand is it made by?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have to recommend this gel wax if, like me, you find leg waxes extremely painful! The gel is so easy to use and it takes up even the teeniest of hairs. No more razors for me!

The packaging is very neat too - the lid is actually a little storage compartment for your spatula and removal strips. :)

Just an update on this - about a week or so ago I started to notice some regrowth and now today I am ready to wax again. So I got about 3 weeks of smoothness. I'm going to wax later this evening and I should be smooth until just before Christmas!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Hey does anyone here use the eye liner called "carbon black"? Can you tell me what it's like, if it's good/bad, long lasting, flakes off etc.

Also what brand is it made by?

Is it a liquid eyeliner you're talking about? A quick google suggests it could be L'Oreal, although I vaguely remember Catrice having a Carbon Black collection out that featured a liquid eyeliner.

jenizzle wrote: »
    Is it a liquid eyeliner you're talking about? A quick google suggests it could be L'Oreal, although I vaguely remember Catrice having a Carbon Black collection out that featured a liquid eyeliner.
    I think it is a liquid liner but I'm not sure.

I'll have a look at that L'oreal one, thanks for mentioning it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Speaking of eyeliner does anybody know if the mac gel liner in blacktrack comes with a brush? I'm a kohl pencil girl normally but am thinking about experimenting with gel, or would i better off sticking with a cheaper one til i get used to it? Also my boyfriend has promised me a few beauty treats at the weekend from duty free and i need a good moisturiser, my skin is normally quite dry so a gommage type cleanser is always recommended for me. Can anybody recommend a good moisturiser that would be available at one of the counters in dublin airport!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

C-J, Blacktrack doesn't come with a brush. I'd highly recommend getting Catrice' Gel Eyeliner - quarter of the price and much easier to work with as it glides easier on the lid! They do a really cheap eyeliner brush too - you'd get the both for €8 or €9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

C-J wrote: »
    Speaking of eyeliner does anybody know if the mac gel liner in blacktrack comes with a brush? I'm a kohl pencil girl normally but am thinking about experimenting with gel, or would i better off sticking with a cheaper one til i get used to it? Also my boyfriend has promised me a few beauty treats at the weekend from duty free and i need a good moisturiser, my skin is normally quite dry so a gommage type cleanser is always recommended for me. Can anybody recommend a good moisturiser that would be available at one of the counters in dublin airport!

Maybeline have a good gel liner, you're probably better off getting that as it comes with a brush and you can see if it suits you.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Maybeline have a good gel liner, you're probably better off getting that as it comes with a brush and you can see if it suits you.
    That maybelline one is very similar to bobbi brown long wear gel liner.

The bobbi gel liner is around €22 and the maybelline one is less than €15 as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I second the Maybelline gel liner, just got this a couple weeks ago and love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Thanks guys for the responses, this is fab place for advice! A friend used the maybelline liner on me before and it looked great so i might start with that if i can master how to use it properly! Getting my makeup done in mac friday week and am thinking of investing in the prep and prime translucent pressed powder, i usually use studio fix pressed powder in nw25, is the translucent powder just an alternative for usual pressed powder? The white colour is scary but i've heard its great!

Clarins Barocco eye trio and Barocco face palette on eBay, Christmas presents. Got the two on ebay for €10 + postage.

barocco_trio_fard_a_paupier-800x600.jpg

barocco_palette_teint_pack-800x600.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

That face powder is gorgeous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/eyes/palettes/soho-glam-collection

19 euro in TK's.. was one more left if anyone interested.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Ladies, sorry to go OT, but just wondering is the Urban Decay eyeshadow as good quality as the MAC eyeshadows? I'd always thought MAC had the best pigmentation, just wondering how Urban Decay compares?

I quite fancy me one of those Naked pallets but have never tried UD before :)

Yes I would say very comparable to MAC. If you are in Dublin Inglot eyeshadow are also as good if not better than MAC (in my opinion) and a good bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

kandr10 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used the creme eyeshadows from the elf studio line? I'm quite tempted. I really wanted to get the essence ones - there's a gorgeous bronze and kinda taupey colour - but everytime I go in, the pots are opened and have fingerprints in them. I really hate that they don't seal them!
    Anyway just wondering if anyone has had experience with the elf ones. Thanks :)

Personally I found them useless. I find ELF hit and miss, I have had most success with the studio line. The Studio line eyebrow kit is fab!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Clarins Barocco eye trio and Barocco face palette on eBay, Christmas presents. Got the two on ebay for €10 + postage.

barocco_trio_fard_a_paupier-800x600.jpg

barocco_palette_teint_pack-800x600.jpg

Wow love these! DO you know if the seller has any more? Could you give me their details? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Wow love these! DO you know if the seller has any more? Could you give me their details? Thanks!

Me three please! :D

Advertisement