Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is enjoying the festive season!:D
    Got a nice haul of products this year!

Catrice Cheek & Eye Palette- London. Comes with 2 cheek colours, 6 eyeshadows, black eyeliner & double ended applicator. Love the shadows- so shimmery!:)
    catrice-bigcity-london-01.jpg

17 Create the Look Palette- Natural Eyes. Lovely shades of brown, beige and peach. So handy for putting in my bag!

Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter set. It has body wash, scrub and butter. Love the smell of it!
    p144691b.jpg

The Sanctuary Mini Set.
    Sanctuary-Pamper-Treats-money-saving-christmas-gifts-181110.jpg

Think that should do me for a while anyway!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I picked this little beauty up in Debenhams today:

Urban Decay Mariposa Palette

28v8700.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

kate.m wrote: »
    I don't suppose you know where they got the Frederick fekkai kit? I hear it's pretty good :)

I'll ask my aunt where she got it! Used the curling cream today and it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I got a load of ELF stuff for Christmas and I have another load of it on the way. :D

HD Powder - love it! Although I keep spilling it everywhere.
    Studio Complexion Brush - very much like this, even just for how soft it is.
    Studio Stipple Brush - I actually really like this. I think it'll take me a bit more practise but I think I've been very successful with it so far! Much prefer it to my normal old foundation brush.
    Eyeshadow C Brush - again, very impressed with it.
    Kabuki Brush and Mineral Foundation - These two need a lot of practise. Tis my first time trying mineral make up at all so I still don't have a clue what I'm doing.
    Eyeliner and Shadow Stick - still unsure about this. Need more work on it.
    Lip Lock Pencil - like this very much. Somehow did actually keep my lipstick on all day yesterday.
    Lip Primer and Plumper - think I'm a bit sensitive to something in this. Lips got a bit burny and stuff from it.

I've more stuff to try but I'm very happy with my ELF haul so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

kate.m wrote: »
    I don't suppose you know where they got the Frederick fekkai kit? I hear it's pretty good :)

As far as I know, BT's stock Frederick Fekkai. I've seen it before on a stand with fake tan sets near the main door in the beauty hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

cadyflosshighlighter-400.jpg

Got this W7 blusher for myself. I really like it. I don't know much about their brand but this seems like a really good alternative to Benefits one and its excellent value.
    Also bought the W7 Africa blush/bronzer, concealer and the Autumn eyes eyeshadow set. Nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Had an amazing time and got spoilt rotten, in terms of make up bits and wash bits I got the lovely lot below!

SoapAndGLory.jpg Got this from my dog, very generous of him!:D

Occitane2.jpg

Sonia-Kashuk-Instructional-Eye-Palette-Shadow-Eye-on-Neutral-Sonia-Kashuk-Instructional-Eye-Palette-Shadow-Eye-on-Color-Spring-2011-1.jpgLooveee this!

6822_PROD_PIC.jpg
    85010_daily-brush-cleaner_prodpage.jpg
    radiance.pngelfprimer.jpgelf-med.jpg

b_-_body_shop.jpg
    Adore this as well, so cute and love all the flavours!
    dkny-be-delicious-gift-set.jpg

And this lovely set http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Skincare-Treats_1221091/

Very, very spoilt!:) Hope everyone had a lovely time!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Got the Maison Martin Margiela perfume for Christmas
    maison-martin-margiela-untitled-fragrance.jpg
    Got this Genefique set in BT today reduced to €73 - unbelievable value considering that the serum on its own is normally €100 for the 50ml
    genifique_50ml.jpg?w=480&h=406

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Got this as a present, i really like it.Made my lashes look really long,no mega volume or anything just added length so 9/10 which is a very good score for me as ive tried gazillions of mascaras. Will buy this again for definite.

theyreReal_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_Makeup&CatCode=C_Makeup_Eyes&prdcode=11894m

Body Shop shimmer cubes! I bought the warm palette to treat myself over the summer and thought it was fab. I was given the purple palette for christmas and like it even more..it looks so much better on than in he palette. I have green eyes and it makes them really pop. Definitely recommend them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I got a Softbox Pallette for Christmas - I love it.

http://www.smashbox.com/product/6025/18795/index.tmpl

I also got some Rahua shampoo
    http://rahua.com/shop-shampoo.html

and a Benefit Dandelion Box of Powder and a Benetint lip balm and two Nails Inc nail varnishes. I knew I'd love these though since I had used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

anniehoo wrote: »
    Got this as a present, i really like it.Made my lashes look really long,no mega volume or anything just added length so 9/10 which is a very good score for me as ive tried gazillions of mascaras. Will buy this again for definite.

I agree anniehoo Im always trying mascaras, love them but this one is by far the best I have tried all year. Bought my 2nd one of these just before Christmas, love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this as a late Christmas present from my mum - €33.50 in Debenhams it is €46 Clearys.

Armani Code For Women

0036802_m.jpg

Got this Dior Mascara gift set in Clearys for €21

Dior Mascara Set

115200774.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Oh please report back on this mascara when you get a chance, I'm still on the hunt for a good mascara and this looks gorgeous. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Got this as a late Christmas present from my mum - €33.50 in Debenhams it is €46 Clearys.

Armani Code For Women

0036802_m.jpg

Dior Mascara Set

115200774.jpg
    Is your mum looking to adopt by any chance? Im very handy with a washing machne and cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I agree anniehoo Im always trying mascaras, love them but this one is by far the best I have tried all year. Bought my 2nd one of these just before Christmas, love it :D
    Im giving it that score for now...the final score will be in a months time. The DRYING test :D Loving it now, but how will it hold up to the everyday wear and tear.Hmmm....

I get the same effect from cheaper brands so the problem with "names" are they dont live up to the hype.4 weeks of use will give the final score!!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Oh please report back on this mascara when you get a chance, I'm still on the hunt for a good mascara and this looks gorgeous. :)

I've had a few of the DiorShow mascaras (Extase, Black Out...) and found them all really good. That set is deadly value as well, last time I paid over €30 for a tube.

Been using the Fekkai anti frizz creme from the Coiff collection the past week and it's really good. Has given me nice defined curls, and even when I blast it with the hairdrier it doesn't frizz out too bad. Curls looked even better when I used the finishing cream. I have never had good luck with curling or finishing creams as I find them too heavy on the curls, or they just don't work, but I would say I'm a convert with these products. Very lightweight and actually work. Unfortunately they are quite expensive, so I'll have to see what happens when I run out. I'm usually a "whatever is on 3 for 2 in Boots" kind of gal!

This was the set I got, have yet to try the Straightening product.

104895.jpg

I decided to wear the mascaras around the house today to see what they are like, took a few pics just to show what they are like.

I think Extase is more for night time rather than day time though and Iconic is definitely a day-time mascara as it gives light coverage than Extase (don't think I explained that properly, sorry!).

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/Bobbins_Beauty_Box/Make%20Up/DiorshowExtaseIconic5.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/Bobbins_Beauty_Box/Make%20Up/DiorshowExtaseIconic3.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/Bobbins_Beauty_Box/Make%20Up/DiorshowExtaseIconic2.jpg

I didn't do anything with my lashes before applying these mascaras, no primer, curler, anything at all.

I'm quite impressed with how both mascaras look, hopefully they'll last all day without flaking, smudging etc, will let you know anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I bought Catrice for my daughter, similar to smashbox but much cheaper:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Where can you buy the Sonia Kashuck?
    Linguo wrote: »
    Had an amazing time and got spoilt rotten, in terms of make up bits and wash bits I got the lovely lot below!

SoapAndGLory.jpg Got this from my dog, very generous of him!:D

Occitane2.jpg

Sonia-Kashuk-Instructional-Eye-Palette-Shadow-Eye-on-Neutral-Sonia-Kashuk-Instructional-Eye-Palette-Shadow-Eye-on-Color-Spring-2011-1.jpgLooveee this!

6822_PROD_PIC.jpg
    85010_daily-brush-cleaner_prodpage.jpg
    radiance.pngelfprimer.jpgelf-med.jpg

b_-_body_shop.jpg
    Adore this as well, so cute and love all the flavours!
    dkny-be-delicious-gift-set.jpg

And this lovely set http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Skincare-Treats_1221091/

Very, very spoilt!:) Hope everyone had a lovely time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

RosyLily wrote: »
    Catrice Cheek & Eye Palette- London. Comes with 2 cheek colours, 6 eyeshadows, black eyeliner & double ended applicator. Love the shadows- so shimmery!:)

Where'd you get the Catrice palette ... haven't seen the Big City Life collection anywhere!!!

Orlee wrote: »
    Where'd you get the Catrice palette ... haven't seen the Big City Life collection anywhere!!!
    Think I saw this in Texas in Mullingar just before Christmas, if they have it and you want it, I could pick it up and post it to you. :)

Has anyone here any experience with NARS and Too Faced eye shadows? Are they any good? Are they worth the money?

Also forgot to post these which I picked up in Dublin yesterday.

VO5 Nourish Me Truly Shampoo & Conditioner - around €2 each in Boots.

v05.jpg

VO5 Gloss Me Smoothly Shampoo & Conditioner - around €2 each in Boots.

gloss_me.gif

VO5 Treat Me Right - around €5 in Boots

Vo5_Treat_Me_Right_300Ml.jpg

Argos Value Range Hair Curling Tong. - €4.99

62-4424871A67UC323888M.jpg

Haven't used the tongs yet, am excited to try it. :)

RosyLily wrote: »

I bought it in my local chemist here in Rathfarnham, New to this brand but very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I decided to wear the mascaras around the house today to see what they are like, took a few pics just to show what they are like.

I think Extase is more for night time rather than day time though and Iconic is definitely a day-time mascara as it gives light coverage than Extase (don't think I explained that properly, sorry!).

I didn't do anything with my lashes before applying these mascaras, no primer, curler, anything at all.

I'm quite impressed with how both mascaras look, hopefully they'll last all day without flaking, smudging etc, will let you know anyway :)

Great photos! :) I really like how Extase looks, nice definition without being false looking.
    Has anyone here any experience with NARS and Too Faced eye shadows? Are they any good? Are they worth the money?

I have a couple of NARS shadows (Etrusque and Tropic). In my experience they are great, really good pigments and last ages without creasing. They have some beautiful colours too. Deffo worth the money.

Oh just remembered the have duo eyeshadows too. Not sure of the price but they may be better value than single colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Treated myself to the new Benefit They're Real mascara and as I am normally unimpressed and let down by mascaras my expectations were not very high....
    This stuff is feckin mighty!!!! It did cost me 24.50 euro but I had a voucher and seriously, it is really worth it. Highly recommend; my mother was like ' are you meant to look lIke you have false eyelashes on'... I took that as a compliment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I don't know where you are...but for anyone else wondering the same thing, the chemist in Ballybrack village carries a lot of Catrice products and saw a lot of the sets in there just before Christmas.

hacked wrote: »

I don't know where you are...but for anyone else wondering the same thing, the chemist in Ballybrack village carries a lot of Catrice products and saw a lot of the sets in there just before Christmas.
    Burkes on st endas drive have it also. In Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Where can you buy the Sonia Kashuck?

Off reputable Ebay seller, it's my fav palette now, baby soft neutral shadows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got Lancome Hypnose precious cells mascara in Sam McCauleys for €12.50.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUCvKVWfR9ulS8Rt86KQ_gqh74Cr0Rpci-ukL0uT6yk4vC1q9xow

Just ordered benefit hello Flawless for £10.80 from Asos using code LATE10. reviews good and def worth a try at that price. Its €34 on Debenhams.ie http://www.asos.com/Benefit/Benefit-Hello-Flawless-Spf-15-Powder-Cover-Up/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=671372
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScyObtNu0zjRhGWF3suc8b6H43wXelxqvtgYOtHzDS7xY4Yyg7

Got Clarins Multi Active day cream set for €37 in Sam McCauley. The moisturiser on its own is €56 on Debenhams.ie
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwIdtCjmlmdA_kK3QR_F5Tan_cpIBF5FpRTkna8pX0qkIePSCd
    Pretty pleased with the bargains I picked up today:)

Advertisement