Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Lindtee that Benefit powder looks great be interesting to know what you think of it!

Got the pink one in the middle today, looks nice! Gonna try it out tomorrow!

prepforcolour-prepandprimefortifiedskinenhancer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Mac Brown Down

shadows.jpg

Mac Satin Taupe

satin-taupe.jpg

Mac 213 Brush

brushes_213_001.jpg

YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks in Nude Beige 1 and Lingerie Pink 7 (1st and 3rd in picture)

IMG_0904.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

lindtee, I've used hello flawless before on its own and over foundation. It's really good! just annoyed that they don't have my colour on asos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

lizt wrote: »
    lindtee, I've used hello flawless before on its own and over foundation. It's really good! just annoyed that they don't have my colour on asos :(
    Thats great to know! Saw it on www.hotukdeals.com (well worth keeping an eye on for bargains) saying there were 4 colours available, there were only 3 left by the time I saw it. I went for the ivory "I love me" shade and am hoping its pale enough for me.

lindtee wrote: »
    Thats great to know! Saw it on www.hotukdeals.com (well worth keeping an eye on for bargains) saying there were 4 colours available, there were only 3 left by the time I saw it. I went for the ivory "I love me" shade and am hoping its pale enough for me.

I usually use shell and I'm quite pale. Accidently bought ivory in New York and it was grand for me but I was slightly tanned at that point. No ivory left on asos when I went on :( Oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

got some lovely i'occitane bits from brother and sister in law
    and i found a smashbox halo in the local charity shop for 4€ ! unopened.
    LOVING it! skin looks better after only a week and triple bonus is i am wearing makeup everyday again. Dreading when i have to buy it new tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

not so much a purchase but the bestest bf in the whole world go me these as part of my christmas present

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTznZj9QvPNSLIuacEJWV3rv20OMbC_EW271f2J0tyOo7qgarj34Q

benefit-dandelion.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhNwYost85YKRgLfQrci8MOZ6EXnKHwoCXLzkgP_p6SArAuyjN

[IMG][/img][IMG][/img]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKm9648Z7tJpWMad5KQtLln6e5ogHA0BfW7KsCUVhspxEXRmu2tA

who says they dont listen??? :-p

also, got this from my brother/picked up by my mam following a large tip

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGN13aRJwjQ1UYR-r5mPMWlFbQGLNCQQjtTyT4_AD7Xp12eNqXwg

and my lovely friend got me browzings in dark...a very benefit heavy christmas for me, Ill be lovely till june :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Has anyone here any experience with NARS and Too Faced eye shadows? Are they any good? Are they worth the money?

I have 2 palattes from Too-Faced, one is smoky eyes:
    90198.jpg
    and the other is naked eyes:
    90299_2_.jpg

I like the sets, they're fine, but I don't find the pigmentation very strong at all. It helps to use primer and to press the shadow in rather than sweep it across, but to be perfectly honest I'd recommend Urban Decay or MAC instead. Too-Faced is nice for a change but I think the quality of UD/MAC is frankly better.

I keep the Too-Faced palattes at my boyfriend's for the days I stay over on a worknight and need to wear some makeup the next day, but I never use them as my staple eye colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

My teenage daughter has discovered a site called cheap smells .com , they seem to sell cosmetics at very reduced prices , has anyone used this site ? And if so , is it ok, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

jokettle wrote: »
    Has anyone here any experience with NARS and Too Faced eye shadows? Are they any good? Are they worth the money?

I have 2 palattes from Too-Faced, one is smoky eyes:
    90198.jpg
    and the other is naked eyes:
    90299_2_.jpg

I like the sets, they're fine, but I don't find the pigmentation very strong at all. It helps to use primer and to press the shadow in rather than sweep it across, but to be perfectly honest I'd recommend Urban Decay or MAC instead. Too-Faced is nice for a change but I think the quality of UD/MAC is frankly better.

I keep the Too-Faced palattes at my boyfriend's for the days I stay over on a worknight and need to wear some makeup the next day, but I never use them as my staple eye colours.

Ive never used the palettes but ive got some single shadows I got years ago and I love them. Dark navy colour and a purple. Barely have to touch them with the brush to pick up color. Either theyve changed formulation since I bought mine or the quality of the palettes isnt as good as the singles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up these today in Boots.

Boots Coconut & Almond Bath Cream

823088.jpg

No.7 Amazing Eyes Liquid Eyeliner - Black

10091229?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Natural Curls Styling Spray

umberto-giannini-mini-curl-friends-natural-curls-styling-spray-50ml-10332530.jpg

Boots Therapy Body Scrub Coconut & Almond

lox50.jpg

Also got a Sanctuary gift case, similar to this one in Boots reduced to half price.

spa-therapies-deluxe-collection.jpg

Christian Dior Pure Poison Gift set - again from my mother

123170990199?$ProdRange$

17 Eyeshadow Brush

17eyeshadowbrush.jpg

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Stress Control Ultra-light Spot Treatment Moisturiser

vc_ssc__dailyscrub_big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

alie wrote: »
    My teenage daughter has discovered a site called cheap smells .com , they seem to sell cosmetics at very reduced prices , has anyone used this site ? And if so , is it ok, thanks in advance
    Cheapsmells is very reliable.

I've ordered from them numerous times and never had any problems. Delivery takes about seven working days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Got this in BT yesterday - part of the Daphne Guinness for MAC collection:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnyd0UGEa0xFqUAP-Z-KiFVxKAixX9NRYvMfPR33zXoYWLFEPnz4f_WrkAbA
    Also a 217 brush
    217.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Think I saw this in Texas in Mullingar just before Christmas, if they have it and you want it, I could pick it up and post it to you. :)

Ah thanks PB ... dying to have a look for myself really!

In house of fraser during the week and picked up a Clinique set for €50 redced from €100. Had 3 full size and 3 travel size of their 3 Step Sincare set

Also got the Urban Decay Eye Shadow primer ... the one from my naked palette has been gone for weeks - dont know how I manaed so long without it! Can't wait for Naked2 :)

I'm looking to buy some decent eye shadow brushes - any recommendations? Not brands necessarlily but types of brushes - I've had a look at the MAC ones but there's so many brush codes that I'm totally confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I noticed no 7 have a bb cream out. Has anyone tried it? Ive heard such mixed reviews about the garnier one. What is the benefit of bb cream over founation? I have oily combination skin andalways have small blemishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Orlee wrote: »
    Where'd you get the Catrice palette ... haven't seen the Big City Life collection anywhere!!!

It was a present. But my aunt left the price tag on it:pac: She got it in Goods Department store in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

long time reader, first time poster:P

mac eyeshadow in charcoal brown (for brows)
    great so far ! looks very natural

and mac lipstick in ravishing love this colour ! mac-ravishing.jpg

Got Soap and Glory The Bright Stuff in Boots half price and also picked up their concealer as I'd read good things about it:)

bright-stuff.jpg

249088_1.jpg

kandr10 wrote: »
    I noticed no 7 have a bb cream out. Has anyone tried it? Ive heard such mixed reviews about the garnier one. What is the benefit of bb cream over founation? I have oily combination skin andalways have small blemishes.

BB Cream is great if you want a sheer coverage that's very natural looking, I had the Mac BB Cream which was great, my mam uses the Garnier one which is also nice.

Just be careful if you have oily skin as it's moisturising as well but I use a good oil control primer underneath and it's great! Well worth trying if you want your skin to still look natural but better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

My sister got me Dermologica Active Moist moisturiser for christmas and I've logged in specifically to recommend it - it's far and away the best moisturiser I've ever used! I've got sensitive skin and it's just fantastic, soaks in quickly and lasts all day.

Also, not a cosmetic, but got to give a shout out for the boots essentials hair straighter for €16, it's better than the remington I had before for €40. A great budget buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

lindtee wrote: »

Just ordered benefit hello Flawless for £10.80 from Asos using code LATE10. reviews good and def worth a try at that price. Its €34 on Debenhams.ie http://www.asos.com/Benefit/Benefit-Hello-Flawless-Spf-15-Powder-Cover-Up/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=671372
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScyObtNu0zjRhGWF3suc8b6H43wXelxqvtgYOtHzDS7xY4Yyg7

I stopped buying this. I loved it, but you get very little product considering the price_ I was horsing through the stuff and I'm not heavy-handed. Was sick of shelling out the money for it. What a bargain though- if you love it then the price to re-buy sounds great if you can keep getting deals on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

got the babyliss big hair styler and it is so good. Your hair actually comes out like the hairdresser blowdried it!
    187075.jpg

I am the biggest dermalogica fan. I use the dermal clay clenser, multi active toner, active moist moisturiser and skin firming booster every day as my skin routine but I ran out of the skin prep scrub over the holidays so was in tesco and was looking for something to tide me over. I have really prominent blackheads on my nose and chin, have all my life so I got the Neutrogena Visibly clear blackhead eliminating daily scrub. Have been using it 4 days maybe and wow wee does it work. my chin is looking smooth and blackhead free and my nose has totally toned down, I'm excited to see how far my nose can go lol.
    187079.jpg
    Also got the book of shadows by Urban Decay and I'm a big fa of their stuff (it's my 4th palette of theirs) it came with waterproof liquid eyeliner and again brilliant stuff. I get watery eyes and I've gone the whole day and the stuff hasn't budged. even the little wings I do when doin eyeliner usually have smudged but this stuff really works!
    187083.jpg

I stopped buying this. I loved it, but you get very little product considering the price_ I was horsing through the stuff and I'm not heavy-handed. Was sick of shelling out the money for it. What a bargain though- if you love it then the price to re-buy sounds great if you can keep getting deals on it.

Would probably have to agree with you. For that price it's grand but I think it's normally the guts of 30 euro? It is in a very shallow container.

Picked up this little bad boy today, looking forward to trying it tomorrow and seeing if it'll work wonders on my pores!

rby-clinique-pore-refining-de-41227475.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

kandr10 wrote: »
    What is the benefit of bb cream over founation?

BB (Blemish Balm) creams originate from Asia and are meant to help heal and prevent blemishes while providing you coverage like a foundation. It's meant to be like foundation but with ingredients to help aid acne and such. I'm not sure if the Western BB creams have the same blemish aiding effects as some Asian products, they don't advertise that part much so I wouldn't be too confident that it is a major part of their products.
    Linguo wrote: »
    Picked up this little bad boy today, looking forward to trying it tomorrow and seeing if it'll work wonders on my pores!

Would love to know how you find this. Had my eye on it for a while! Please update us as you use! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

lizt wrote: »
    Would probably have to agree with you. For that price it's grand but I think it's normally the guts of 30 euro? It is in a very shallow container.

€34.50:eek: Yep, all too soon you see the silver of the base of the container, it's really shallow. Bad value.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

got the babyliss big hair styler and it is so good. Your hair actually comes out like the hairdresser blowdried it!
    187075.jpg

My sister got this but is finding it a bit tricky to use, does it take a bit of getting used to?

2022rae wrote: »
    BB (Blemish Balm) creams originate from Asia and are meant to help heal and prevent blemishes while providing you coverage like a foundation. It's meant to be like foundation but with ingredients to help aid acne and such. I'm not sure if the Western BB creams have the same blemish aiding effects as some Asian products, they don't advertise that part much so I wouldn't be too confident that it is a major part of their products.

Would love to know how you find this. Had my eye on it for a while! Please update us as you use! :)

Agree, my fav BB Cream is an Asian brand!

Tried this this morning, is very nice and silky, helps disguise pores and acts as a nice soft primer on the skin before makeup! I'll let you know how it wears throughout the day as I have my fav primer so want to see if this can compare as one or is just another product you would apply after!

Got it for 25 quid in Clerys yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

My sister got this but is finding it a bit tricky to use, does it take a bit of getting used to?

I don't think so. My sister and friend got one too and we're all having a great time. Now you can get your hair caught in it if you just stick it on your head without paying attention but if you watch some vids on youtube you get a good idea of how it works and is controlled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I don't think so. My sister and friend got one too and we're all having a great time. Now you can get your hair caught in it if you just stick it on your head without paying attention but if you watch some vids on youtube you get a good idea of how it works and is controlled.

Thanks I'll tell her to have a look on youtube

Advertisement