Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I live in the US so I was able to order it the day it came out.
    Ooooh I see.....not jealous I swear :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

I got it in Weirs Pharmacy in Mullingar.

A quick Google brings it up on these websites.

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid_Make--Up-am-lid_M-am-sid_12747780902__products.html - I've never ordered from this website and don't know anything about it, so I'd be very wary of ordering from it. Also it is in America I think so you could be caught for extra charges by customs if you order from it. Personally, I'd order from Amazon as it is far more reliable.

fragrancex is legitimate and a great site - have ordered from them multiple times,good prices and fast delivery! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked one of the no7 Ultimate Collection gift sets for myself this morning plus I got the free gift too. It was €40 which is pretty good value. I've used the protect and perfect moisturisers before and found them very good.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeakvd-U8Ks6U0Wtus-k-132OkHlcehs3FEnGZiPR8--Z3Of2s
    10133223?wid=154&hei=195
    http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Ultimate-Collection_1221105/

Don't think I'll go for the Soap and Glory Box this year as I've still to use half the stuff from last year's one and to be honest this years one doesn't seem as good.
    big+splendour.png
    Pretty sure its this one from what the Sales Assistant was saying this morning and I'm very *meh* about it!
    http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-trade-Big-Splendour-trade-_1220013/

lindtee wrote: »
    Picked one of the no7 Ultimate Collection gift sets for myself this morning plus I got the free gift too. It was €40 which is pretty good value. I've used the protect and perfect moisturisers before and found them very good.
    10133223?wid=154&hei=195

Don't think I'll go for the Soap and Glory Box this year as I've still to use half the stuff from last year's one and to be honest this years one doesn't seem as good.
    big+splendour.png
    Pretty sure its this one from what the Sales Assistant was saying this morning and I'm very *meh* about it!
    Im very meh about soap and glory this year, they're stuff has gone very wierd smelling. My new thing now is benefit or lush:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxFOUODkItirschD1p8GP5k_k1u2fgfltRgy5FyWP9QRpurXwfxA Barry m Red glitter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuHkTYdJjDsmD4aFRvM0wBC-N6p3qAMBQJ_mwicMdnBokg-v7NCg Barry m silver glitter
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCxJYyjVG1IfNoZjvo1kalQrV_T191PHSLwhXp9eAqBpR7NcaC Barry M purple
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE4JhVXVeq6aKubnN5N0mGk2GPRVhBdEymwg-ayMUEJjgmEcAG essence blue addicted
    [Embedded Image Removed]
    Boots coconut and almond hair mask (its amazing)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

So, I had a gift certificate and bought the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer after hearing all the rave reviews about it... I'm really disappointed, especially with the cost of it! I don't notice much of a difference at all. Perhaps the combo of my foundation and the primer isn't great, I don't know. But I am just really bummed out about that! :( Does anyone recommend alternatives that they have had better experience with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

10133223?wid=154&hei=195

big+splendour.png

I am thinking of getting the No7 for my Mam... it's Friday it changes isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Got this little beauty in Brown Thomas from Shu Uemura:) Excellent eyebrow pencil!

Shu_Eyebrow_Pencil.jpg

Also got these two bad boys for skincare:

Arbonne Re9 Eye Cream, been given very good reviews

1663397.JPG

And Skin79 UV protection

SK_79_00103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got this half price during a sale in work

MAC Reelers & Rockers pallet
    6528882459_b44fe6ba8f.jpg
    6528878361_e875b04c11.jpg
    Shadows are White Rabbit, Melt My Heart, Carbon, Family Treasures, Gaelic Gold, Crown & Sceptre

I don't even know if I'll use all the colours, kinda only bought it coz it was half price! :o:pac:

booboo88 wrote: »
    Im very meh about soap and glory this year, they're stuff has gone very wierd smelling. My new thing now is benefit or lush:o
    I was suckered in, theres some stuff I do like and others I dont. but cause it was 50eur cheaper I just HAD to buy it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I was suckered in, theres some stuff I do like and others I dont. but cause it was 50eur cheaper I just HAD to buy it:rolleyes:

Same here:o Although this year I didn't have to buy it myself, I just had to drop a lot of hints:pac: Sure, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it!!!

Same here:o Although this year I didn't have to buy it myself, I just had to drop a lot of hints:pac: Sure, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it!!!
    Hahaha good woman :P
    If only I had someone to hint to :(

But i do love the bag it comes with. great hiding place for my bathroom stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got these in Boots today :)

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser

716218_max.jpg

Olay Gentle Cleanser Refreshing Face Wash

olay-gentle-cleanser-face-wash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

MAC Eyeshadows
    Smut mac-smut-L-5gv5mA.jpeg
    Satellite Dreamsclick4beauty.net-mac-l_773602102211-30.jpg
    Idol Eyesmacidoleyes__05434.jpg
    the Pro Longwear ConcealerMGT9.jpg
    & 275 brushbrushes_275_001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ladies, does anyone know if the Boots in Waterford still has the Soap & Glory gift bag? I wanted to get one on Saturday but couldn't fit one in my bag so I'm hoping they might still have them and I'm going to try to sneak in after work tomorrow.

anyone having trouble recieving theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

anyone having trouble recieving theirs?

No I received mine last Thursday. Wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be though :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ladies, does anyone know if the Boots in Waterford still has the Soap & Glory gift bag? I wanted to get one on Saturday but couldn't fit one in my bag so I'm hoping they might still have them and I'm going to try to sneak in after work tomorrow.

There's a thread in Bargain Alerts about it. You could try asking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

Got the catrice primer have to say really impressed, had used the smashbox one before and didn't notice much of a difference but def do with the catrice one and sooo much cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Have wanted this for ages so can't wait to try it on!
    rev1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got my brother's girlfriend the UD Book of Shadows for Christmas, it looks so nice!! Had planned on getting it in Boots Liffey Valley but it's not there anymore! Poor card missing out on some points :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Bought the Smashbox Eye Wish Palette yesterday as a little treat for myself.:D:pac: It's so pretty! Has 12 eyeshadows, 4 cream eyeliners, eyelid primer and tube of LashDNA mascara. Cost me €49 in Goods...not bad I thought!

SmashBox-Eye-Wish-Palette-1.jpg

RosyLily wrote: »
    Bought the Smashbox Eye Wish Palette yesterday as a little treat for myself.:D:pac: It's so pretty! Has 12 eyeshadows, 4 cream eyeliners, eyelid primer and tube of LashDNA mascara. Cost me €49 in Goods...not bad I thought!

SmashBox-Eye-Wish-Palette-1.jpg

in where? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

phelo2121 wrote: »
    Got the catrice primer have to say really impressed, had used the smashbox one before and didn't notice much of a difference but def do with the catrice one and sooo much cheaper!

Was this an eye or face primer? I'm currently using the smashbox one, but not sure if im too keen on it. It does work, but you need to use a good bit of product. I cant rub it in to my eyelids, i need to pat it down gently, so it still feels tacky. It does the job once i do that, but applying the base isnt easy then as my eyeshadow brush keeps getting caught on the primer :( I spent 22 quid on it though, so i cant just chuck it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

in where? :O

Oops, sorry! Forgot to mention the place.:o:o

I got it in Goods Department store in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Well with Christmas around the corner, and then sales after, I didn't want to spend a fortune on make up for the christmas season. I popped into boots and picked up the 17 Starry eyes trio in Neptune.
    http://www.boots.com/en/17-Starry-Eyes-Trio-Eyeshadow_1143660/

It comes with a shimmery gold, a deep matte aubergine purple and a glittery charcoal colour. I couldn't be happier with it. Decent quality for the price! The gold goes on like a dream, and the colours all look fantastic on. Beautiful make up for the winter/christmas season, and definitely one I'll be using a lot for nights out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Merry Xmas everyone, hope you all had a great day :D

I got these as presents

No7 Illuminated Make-up Mirror (from my mum)

AAAAC6wrIxUAAAAAAQTb0w.jpg?v=1289418736000

Urban Decay Naked Palette (from my mum)

Urban-Decay-Naked-Palette_111.jpg

Clarins Neo Pastels Eye palette

clarinsneopastelseyepal.jpg

Clarins Cleansing Trousse (from my boyfriend)

123104002299?$ProdLarge$

Ed Hardy Original Woman Eau de Parfum

51XyvYkflGL.jpg

Lancôme Bi-facil set with lip stick and mini juicy tube.

lancome-300.jpg

L'Absolu Rouge in the colour "06 1AFA"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got Bvlgari Jasmin Noir from my parents today, love it!

nd.3750.jpg

Also got a Frederic Fekkai hair products kit, looking forward to trying the products. Will report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

Got so many beauty related products for presents that I'll be kept in supply till next Christmas!

Got a paul and joe skin care set in a lovely make up bag. Never tried or really heard of their products before but there is a lip moisture balm which I've tried and it seems really good!

Also got the huge soap and glory gift set with full size products, love soap and glory products!

Got the smashbox eyeshadow set for blue eyes, the colours are lovely and really well pigmented- can't wait to play around with that!

My brother got me the joico gift set for damaged hair with a shampoo, conditioner and treatment-love these products, love the smell of them!

My mam got me the Jimmy choo perfume which I haven't opened yet but I hear its really nice.

Also got Benefit gift set Finding Mr.Bright, I love that its minature products which are so handy for putting in your purse!

I really was spoilt this Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Twee. wrote: »
    I got Bvlgari Jasmin Noir from my parents today, love it!

nd.3750.jpg

Also got a Frederic Fekkai hair products kit, looking forward to trying the products. Will report back!

I don't suppose you know where they got the Frederick fekkai kit? I hear it's pretty good :)

Advertisement