Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee. wrote: »
    What kind of brush are you using? For a cream blush I just use my fingers! I would rub index and middle finger in the blush then dab excess on the back of my hand, then gently dab it on my face. It's better to start off very light and then build up.

The Mac 188 is a stippling that is meant to be good for cream blush.

I am so in love with the Naked as well, best value product I've ever bought!

I use that brush for putting on cream blush! :) I actually only have one - Topshop in Neon Rose - but it's quite bright like the one posted and I've found application with the 188 to be fine. I just build it gradually and that avoids having crazy cheeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

This :)

f6867bea79e0d667_urbandecay_15thannypalette001.jpg

I've been looking at UD palettes for a while, and eventually decided this one is the best for me. I wanted neutrals and other wearable brighter colours- Naked is too one-sided for me and some palettes have colours that are too out-there. But I'd easily use everything here except the black.

Edit: Tried it out today. Swatches of all colours are fantastic- I'm not used to anything other than cheap eyeshadows but all reviews mention how great the pigmentation is. Wanted a soft brown smoky eye for graduation next week- tried out Vanilla as base, Midnight 15 as main colour and Deeper as the dark colour (Deeper top right, Midnight 15 top left, down one and Vanila underneath) and it looked amazing..but slightly too dramatic for 10am I think! Think I'll go with Vanilla as base again, Flow as main colour and Chase as the darker colour (both underneath Vanilla in the palette). So excited about combinations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Got this eyeshadow today:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/17338/Pro-Longwear-Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl

and of course before I left the shop I also spotted this:

C050302008.jpg

Clarins Le Rouge lipstick, this isn't the colour I got. Mine is called Pink Sugar and its a really light sheer sparkly pink.

Also got some testers for Clarins primers, my friend recommended one and I wanted to try before I spent the 34.50 on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Did a mini ebay haul!:) I need to be frugal so was very happy with the bits I ordered for the price!

i-44833129-550?1314179334
    This Elf palette wasn't available on their website so got greedy and impatient and ordered it from ebay:D

33283_1.jpg

Ordered this all over face powder that's meant to be great for a little subtle radiance, was a great price so hope it delivers!

$%28KGrHqYOKkQE3tSu-pqJBN+dSE0EBQ%7E%7E_35.JPG

Got the small size Total Eye Care from Dermalogica, have used it before and find it nice!

2608583205514040_1.jpg
    Got small Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer as it's meant to be good for toning sensitive skin without stripping the natural oils or irritating your skin!

skin79+pink+label+bb+cream.jpg
    Finally was coming to the end of my Mac BB Cream which is really nice but a little pricy so wanted to do some research before I repurchased and heard great things about this BB cream so decided to give it a go!

All items bought from top rated sellers on ebay and did a lot of shopping around so look forward to getting these in the post!!:D
    eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=300612560908

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh let us know how the BB cream goes, was it expensive?

• Advertisement

Believe it or not got all the above for 52 quid! The BB Cream was 11 with free P&P! I did a lot of research into the sellers as there's a lot of fakes going around, the seller is top rated, has thousands of sales and the very, very few negative feedbacks are about the odd time something took longer to deliver or a different product!

Of course, ebay is always a risk, I've watched a YouTube vid on spotting if it's a fake so I'll give it a go and fingers crossed! They seem very good with returns as well so worth a shot! I'll let you know how it turns out!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

would you mind pming me the seller of the bb cream - would love to get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Got a few bits yesterday in Lush. My favourite shower gel ever, Snow Fairy (it smells like how it looks, pink and fluffy!! <3).

I also got the new body conditioner Ro's Argan. It is BRILLIANT. You use it like a hair conditioner, just put some on and leave it sit for a minute and then rinse off. I used it in the shower this morning and my skin is lovely and soft. I'm one of those people who never has time in the morning to put on body lotion so I think this is a great idea :D It also smells lovely too, like roses. It is expensive at €19.99 but I love it already :o

minipink wrote: »
    would you mind pming me the seller of the bb cream - would love to get it!

Sure thing, you sure you don't want to wait until I get mine so I can check it's not fake? I'll pm you the seller anyway and you can check out their feedback and see what you think!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I also got the new body conditioner Ro's Argan.

That sounds amazing! I want it!

• Advertisement

Got a few bits yesterday in Lush. My favourite shower gel ever, Snow Fairy (it smells like how it looks, pink and fluffy!! <3).

SNOW FAIRY IS BACK?!! You've just made my day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lush are doing a bath bar that is scented like Snow Fairy and it's attached to a stick so you can swirl it around the bath! It's lovely!!

Magic Wand Bubble Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

bought the no7 hot cloth cleanser today. had a voucher to use so i'm not too bothered if it doesnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this today

Essence Stay With Me Lipgloss - 01 Me & My Ice Cream.

stay.jpg

Boots Coconut and Almond bath cream - €1.89

10084478?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

That Boots bath cream is exactly like the Body Shop coconut bath cream, only it's cheaper. There is only one place in my home town that sells the Body Shop (they have a small stand) and the bath cream is priced at €15.95:eek:

^ The matching shampoo and conditioner are really good, I find them much better than the major brands on my dry hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ladies, sorry to go OT, but just wondering is the Urban Decay eyeshadow as good quality as the MAC eyeshadows? I'd always thought MAC had the best pigmentation, just wondering how Urban Decay compares?

I quite fancy me one of those Naked pallets but have never tried UD before :)

Ladies, sorry to go OT, but just wondering is the Urban Decay eyeshadow as good quality as the MAC eyeshadows? I'd always thought MAC had the best pigmentation, just wondering how Urban Decay compares?

The Naked Palette is well worth investing in, go in to Debenhams and swatch it on your hand or get one of the girls to try it out on you, there's a lovely combo of eyeshadows for day or night looks, it has good little eyeliners that come with and even a mini eye primer, well worth buying, you won't be disappointed!

I personally find them as good as Mac, I went into Mac a while back wearing a combo from the Naked Palette and the girl in there thought I had Mac eyeshadows on cause the colours and pigment were so similar to ones in their range!Always get compliments about the colours so I think it's a good investment and it's really good value!

The Naked Palette is well worth buying. I use mine all the time, probably more than I use some of my MAC eye shadows. I think the quality is good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

^ The matching shampoo and conditioner are really good, I find them much better than the major brands on my dry hair.

I use them as well, they're only brilliant! My hair would be dry and fuzzy and they work wonders for it. And there's something about coconut that makes me feel really clean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Has anyone ever used the creme eyeshadows from the elf studio line? I'm quite tempted. I really wanted to get the essence ones - there's a gorgeous bronze and kinda taupey colour - but everytime I go in, the pots are opened and have fingerprints in them. I really hate that they don't seal them!
    Anyway just wondering if anyone has had experience with the elf ones. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Kandra,

I've tried the elf cream eyeshadows and thought they were very poor. Creased and then just slid off.

Just bought the Toni and Guy deep barrel weaver. I LOVE it. So easy to use and quick. Really nice waves, not like the picture but more curly. It really is just like a bigger version of a crimper ( for adults, not kids) but gives nice big waves.

Bought bourjois healthy mix serum foundation. Bit watery and shiny for me. Not great coverage. Think I'll stick to the regular heathy mix version. The serum one is on special at 10.99 in boots

frogstar wrote: »
    Kandra,

I've tried the elf cream eyeshadows and thought they were very poor. Creased and then just slid off.

Ah I suspected as much! Are they any good with normal powder shadow over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

kandr10 wrote: »
    Ah I suspected as much! Are they any good with normal powder shadow over them?
    The Essence ones are brilliant though.

anniehoo wrote: »
    The Essence ones are brilliant though.

The colours are gorgeous alright. Gonna have another look round town for an unopened tub at the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Christmas present from my mammy :D Can't wait to get it :D

Clarins Neo Pastels Eye Colour & Liner Palette (Limited Edition)

neo_pastels_palette_yeux_om-300x300.jpg

clarinsspringneopastels.jpg

Photo from Beauty Logic Blog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

havent tried it yet but ive heard good things about the wow brown tan. got it in both light/medium (for everyday) and medium/dark (for nights out).

Got them in Unicare pharmacy on sale for €14.99 each, and when buying both of them i got a €5 off voucher because i spent over €20! So got both for €25!! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Any one any idea where I would get the Vo5 miracle concentrate around Cork? Tried Sam Mcauleys and Tesco today but no sign of them. Or preferably online (have tried but can't find any online stockists)

Are you near a Boots? I got mine in a really small Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

lindtee wrote: »
    Any one any idea where I would get the Vo5 miracle concentrate around Cork? Tried Sam Mcauleys and Tesco today but no sign of them. Or preferably online (have tried but can't find any online stockists)

I got mine in a smallish Tesco, should be in most branches I would have thought

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

lindtee wrote: »

they have it in boots in opera lane, was there today......i swear i didnt spend over 100eur:eek:

Advertisement