Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You companions can only die via your damage dealing. If they get down to low health, they drop to their knees and regen their energy. They can only die if you kill them. I must have killed her in a scuffle last night and didnt notice she was gone for about an hour later. I didnt bother reloading.

Either you killed her or she is back in the place where you initially found her.
    Ah, it's quite possible I killed her so, I would have been shooting as much fire as I could at the troll while bravely cowering behind her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

pretty sure they can die from enemy attacks too
    Ah, sorry. I thought I had read somewhere that that was the case but here, it says they can die. They usually do die by a blow from you since when they kneel on the ground the enemy AI tends to leave them alone.

Nothing to see here people, move along :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

anyone playing as the imperial race ? what set up do you find most effective ? im using a sword and magic at the moment and it seems to struggle sometimes . is it possible to dual wield ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I use Farkas from the Companions as my Companion. He's an absolute beast with a strong 2 hander and can take a serious pounding and 1v1 most mobs easily. However he does have a tendency to chase dragons straight off cliffs with no concern for his own health. For this reason I give him a bow.

This however brought about his biggest issue. For some reason when he's in Whiterun he gets excited and has taken to randomly popping shots off at the guards whenever he feels like it. Then I have to go and take his bow away... BAD FARKAS BAD!!!

He's also afraid of spiders, poor guy has serious issues. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Big Knox wrote: »
    He's also afraid of spiders, poor guy has serious issues. :o
    as someone with a case of Arachnophobia I share his concern, those Frostbite Spiders give me the willies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've still never used a companion, bar when a quest makes me. Seem like more of a liability at times, though i really could use the extra weight. Getting sick of porting back to Whiterun to dump my gear. Guess thats what i get for being a light armoured mage.

Really need a mod for a pack mule companion which waits outside a dungeon for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Blowfish wrote: »
    You cant get it when you have 75 in Alteration from Tolfdir in Winterhold College.

Can or Cant :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

awhir wrote: »
    anyone playing as the imperial race ? what set up do you find most effective ? im using a sword and magic at the moment and it seems to struggle sometimes . is it possible to dual wield ?

I'm dual wielding Imperial, had a read through the guide earlier and it suggests one handed weapon combined with destruction magics like you do.

I invested nothing in magic and taking out dragons with in seconds of them landing even with a 50dmg rated maces, my high armour also helps me when I just plough in, if you are taking damage at the moment and finding it hard dont worry as this will level up the armour skill.

I also took the blessing from the lover stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Kiith wrote: »
    I've still never used a companion, bar when a quest makes me. Seem like more of a liability at times, though i really could use the extra weight. Getting sick of porting back to Whiterun to dump my gear. Guess thats what i get for being a light armoured mage.

Really need a mod for a pack mule companion which waits outside a dungeon for you.
    a fine plan, though can't ye tell them to wait outside? Personally speaking my companion(Lydia) died a death at the hands of a Draugr Scourge Lord and a Draugr Scourge(double hard bastards that they are), I looted her and left the dungeon with a heavy heart, only to be mobbed by a bloomin Blood Dragon(2nd one I've found so far)!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Enderman wrote: »

I was critical of the graphics when I first played it. Mostly it was when I went ultra close to an object I expected more detailed textures. But from a short, medium and long distance it looks fantastic.

I apologize Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

awhir wrote: »

I play an Imperial Battlemage, Heavy Armour (enchanted for Magicka regen), a Mace (enchanted for either absorb Magicka or soul trap) and Lightning Bolt. It all works wonders together

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just bumped the game up to master
    it was getting a bit ridiculous just walking through a dungeon one hitting everything i came across except the end boss

the game is so big that eventually.. the challenge just goes away as you level up, hopefully master kicks my ass a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

just bumped the game up to master
    it was getting a bit ridiculous just walking through a dungeon one hitting everything i came across except the end boss

the game is so big that eventually.. the challenge just goes away as you level up, hopefully master kicks my ass a bit.

I agree I'm level 16 and its ridiculous,all I have to do is swipe at something and there dead -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 81,931 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ha no thanks, still getting destroyed in some places by mobs of little goblin ****ers with poisoned arrows and swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Falmer invested caverns at Master level would be ridiculous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah I'm at level 19; most human / zombie enemies are dropping to one arrow, but by god there's still plenty of beasts that kick my ass from one end of the map to the other. I'm definitely not feeling any invincibility at the moment, quite the opposite in the open world.

i had serious trouble with the falmer during one of the quests just a couple of levels ago
    but then I levelled up some more, upped my heavy armour a tiny bit and now.... meh

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

i had serious trouble with the falmer during one of the quests just a couple of levels ago
    but then I levelled up some more, upped my heavy armour a tiny bit and now.... meh

Wait until every dungeon you go into is now full of only Draugr deathlords, scourges and Ancient vampires or Master necromancers. Then your difficulty will have to come down again. :P

I was the same for a while, i am level 47 now and the game is suddenly harder than ever. Even more so because every random dragon attack now is Ancient Dragons only and even though most normal mobs can't threaten me they can kill me in two attacks even with legendary dragon armour with matching set perk bonus and enchanted to resist magic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,931 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

falmer tactics
    Wiki says the Falmer are blind, and prone to fire. Good sneaking ability and the ability to walk silently with a good fire spell should make mince of them. Ill head back into that hell hole later. Probably in robes and light armor, that Dwemer Tank build is not a great choice for looting dwemer ruins anyway. Far too heavy without the perk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I went into one of the first caves I entered for the laugh (so it is locked at a fairly low level) and was attacked inside the entrance, I was actually able to go away and make a cup of tea, come back and one hit kill the outlaw bandit who was still walloping away at me calling me a disgrace to the nords for not fighting back. :pac:

Elrollo wrote: »
    as someone with a case of Arachnophobia I share his concern, those Frostbite Spiders give me the willies!!!

Perhaps some silly looking bears would be more to sir's taste?

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224889/spiders-modded-out-of-skyrim-replaced-with-bears/

Gaunty wrote: »
    Wait until every dungeon you go into is now full of only Draugr deathlords, scourges and Ancient vampires or Master necromancers. Then your difficulty will have to come down again. :P

I was the same for a while, i am level 47 now and the game is suddenly harder than ever. Even more so because every random dragon attack now is Ancient Dragons only and even though most normal mobs can't threaten me they can kill me in two attacks even with legendary dragon armour with matching set perk bonus and enchanted to resist magic!

im level 49 :)

only met 1 ancient dragon, all elder and bloods so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

hypermuse wrote: »
    Can or Cant :confused:
    Can, sorry.
    stevenmu wrote: »
    So am I the only one who Lydia died on after about 10 minutes ? I keep seeing all these posts mentioning her, but I went straight to see the greybeards after meeting her and she ran off after an ice troll and died straight away.
    I haven't lost her, but I have lost 2 dog companions and 2 horses. It seems I'm not very good with animals, so I'm going to stick to humanoid companions from now on and walk everywhere.

I did lose a potential companion though. It was in the Hall of Elements in the college. Onmund was practicing his magic by throwing ice shards at one of the lamps. I didn't think a whole lot of this until he accidentally hit Lydia with one of his ice shards as she was running past. Lydia being distinctly unimpressed with this turned around and with one swift stroke beheaded him with her 2 handed Glass Sword. His body has been sitting there ever since.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    I lost her pretty soon too. Can't even say where, think it was during a dragon fight.
    So I married Marcurio, the mage mercenary in Riften.
    He's been the cats pajamas and I've become rather attached to him and would hate to loose him at this stage.
    I'm tempted to pick him up as I've a female char, what types of magic does he use? I went back to the female mage from the college a while back, but her and her Flame Atronach kept accidentally fireballing my Ice Atronach and killing it which I wasn't terribly impressed with. I'm using Ivanova Aela at the minute which is a nice compromise.
    Nah, Falmer are ok on master really as they always focus on companions/summons. The Silver Hand were trickier as there are usually groups of about 5 of them with at least 2/3 of them being archers. Since the archers can one shot me, keeping out of sight of all of them at once while still doing decent damage caused issues in a couple of spots.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I lost her pretty soon too. Can't even say where, think it was during a dragon fight.
    So I married Marcurio, the mage mercenary in Riften.
    He's been the cats pajamas and I've become rather attached to him and would hate to loose him at this stage.

Newspaper:

"woman falls in love with skyrim mage."

as for people saying it is too easy, try it on expert/master from the start and also dont specialize too much, learn some of everything, keeps the game more interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I;ve never had a problem with falmer as I'm a mage and my weapon of choice is fire!! :D

If they are weak to it then it explains alot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Monsters of Skyrim prepare to take 203 base damage to the face.

I tend to 1 hit most things and 1 power hit everything else, Dragons or the odd boss take an extra hit or two.

Barbas is a pain in the ass, keeps pushing me into stuff or away from stuff or just stands in the way unseen until i look down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is there actually auto levelling in Skyrim? I'm level 30 and kitted out in full ebony armor with 92 rating and legendary. I got my ass kicked by a group of bandits in valtheim towers last night. Considering they are wearing piss poor fur and carrying crap weapons this surely should not be happening unless they are levelling with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Level 25 here on master difficulty Elder Dragons are pain in the balls and some dungeon bosses can kill me in one/two hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I sacrificed Onmund to Boethiah.

Anyway, the more I play this game the more it feels like Oblivion, and the level scaling is a bit better but still pretty damn stupid. A small group of bandits in fur and leather should not be a bigger threat than a dragon, and they certainly shouldn't be drastically tougher and more powerful than foes I've run into with glass/elven/ebony equipment. Bandits that were mildly troubling from levels 1-10 are now far more dangerous at level 36. What ever put it into Bethesda's heads that level scaling was a good idea I don't know.

Advertisement