Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I'll just leave this here. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bonavox wrote: »

I had a similar incident with those blades that swing from the roof in a corridor. It was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone else spot the group of hunters relaxing in the hot springs :D

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=4134

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

she kept hitting me with them

i'd just be walking along, having avoided the trap then 3 seconds later BOOM

and lydia comes running back down the hall towards me

"bitch"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Bonavox wrote: »
    Stupid Lydia video

On her 3rd attempt she started to walk slowly and was more cautious as if she was trying to figure out what she was doing wrong, fecking hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so any horses you find are stolen an cant be unstolen? thats ****

still handy enough to use and not get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 53,871 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads how do you enchant weapons ?

What do you put in the enchantment section?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads how do you enchant weapons ?

What do you put in the enchantment section?

First you need to disenchant other items to learn their effects. Then that effect will be permanently added to the enchantment section

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

rage-comics-skyrim.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spunge wrote: »
    First you need to disenchant other items to learn their effects. Then that effect will be permanently added to the enchantment section

BUT BUT THEY ARE WORTH SO MUCH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,703 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You usually find new items later with similar enchantments. It's only really necessary to Disenchant for the effects you want and sell the rest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ah yes, but they are worth even more when you make 10 copies of them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,871 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just came across one of those Centurion masters

****ing hell that steam kills ya in one shot if your not careful

Lucky me that he stopped moving for some reason and was able to finish him off from small distance away (with bow) I felt a bit let down him stop moving for some reason resulting in getting an easy enough kill

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

on ps3.... 49hrs 30mins (level 16) 51 locations discoverd 12dungeons cleared,.. savefile size 6205KB,.. bits of lag when sprinting nothing mayjor...yet, hows everyone else gettin along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

padz wrote: »
    on ps3.... 49hrs 30mins (level 16) 51 locations discoverd 12dungeons cleared,.. savefile size 6205KB,.. bits of lag when sprinting nothing mayjor...yet, hows everyone else gettin along?

49 hours and you're level 16? Is that even possible?!?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Sorry to ask but how in god's name are you only level 16 with 50 hours played??? :eek:

You must have been doing some serious exploring, fair play!!

Anyway yeah so enchanting is great, not quite up to 100 smiting yet can only make Glass but a full set of Glass armour with different magicka and regeneration enchants is awsome. You don't get the same effect as using Robes but it's a very nice mix of survivability and magicka uprades. Also it looks bad ass!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Eola is my sidekick, works well :)

Big Knox wrote: »
    Sorry to ask but how in god's name are you only level 16 with 50 hours played??? :eek:

Anyway yeah so enchanting is great, not quite up to 100 smiting yet can only make Glass but a full set of Glass armour with different magicka and regeneration enchants is awsome. You don't get the same effect as using Robes but it's a very nice mix of survivability and magicka uprades. Also it looks bad ass!! :D

ya im a mental explorer lol, im new to TES so wanted to do bits of everything it has to offer... archery/2handed and figure out the alchemy/smithing/cooking etc, love it so far.... some of you guys are reely high up on your leveling... kudos to that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hate falmer lads! Pain in the arse in the Final Thieves guild mission

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Hate falmer lads! Pain in the arse in the Final Thieves guild mission

falmer r cnuts, the powerfull ice ones... got stuck in a dungeon with no way to back out& little potions, had to snipe them off with x2 shots and go and hide till the red dot dissapeared...rinse repeat...

• Advertisement

the only only thing i could compliane about in skyrim is 2 of the dungeons i have visited were designed in such a way as to not allow u to back out, had me stumped for a bit as i had lowish potions but it did make me think how to handle it, also i didnt have a previous save as that wasnt in the dungeon, maybe jus a heads up for yis always have supplies when goin down;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

the only only thing i could compliane about in skyrim is 2 of the dungeons i have visited were designed in such a way as to not allow u to back out, had me stumped for a bit as i had lowish potions but it did make me think how to handle it, also i didnt have a previous save as that wasnt in the dungeon, maybe jus a heads up for yis always have supplies when goin down;)

Thats why you go MAAAAAAGE.

Mana is a renewable resource, and you can just run around like a fool until mana comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Hmmm, is it worthwhile trading in companions for a change of company? I've been nursing Lydia for awhile - but it looks like Skyrim isn't going to give any companion's their own quests/storylines.

I miss the New Vegas style quests. Nothing takes your mind off a nuclear wasteland like getting Elvis' robotic dog a brain replacement. There are times I think Lydia could be that dog.

Also, after a random encounter with a dragon after fast travelling I couldn't carry the bones/scales - so I left to unload stuff and came back, had to fight another dragon on the way (the second one was on the map guarding a word of power) and afterward the random dragon's skeleton was gone. I guess next time I should drop inventory that will actually be there and take the dragon bits away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Note to all: You can fast travel overloaded if you are on a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Big Knox wrote: »

I would disagree,

I've about 130 locations @ 30 hours, and level 31. And I've not been doing anything special tbh. Not even touched the main quest...don't even have the 3rd part of the main shout yet. Said hello to the Greybeards and not been back since

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Lydia is useless! She gets stuck EVERYWHERE when you don't follow a path! I lost her for a few days when I decided to climb down some rocks in order to avoid trolls that kept killing me.

I figured she was gone as I'd been playing for days without seeing her, then out of nowhere she re-appeared when I exited someone's house. Quite the shock I got!

She's handy for carrying my items though. I love how she doesn't die. She fell off the side of a cliff yesterday and a while later I looked around and there she was running after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Jumpy wrote: »
    Note to all: You can fast travel overloaded if you are on a horse.

I've never riden a horse before as I prefer to go on foot and collect the auld flora and fauna that are around for alchemy..

This is very interesting thou.. might just give it a go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hypermuse wrote: »
    I;ve never had a problem with falmer as I'm a mage and my weapon of choice is fire!! :D

If they are weak to it then it explains alot!!

The Falmer kicked my ass the 1st time I encountered them.

I was following the road east from Riverwood, and came to a massive water fall, and there was a door into Darkwater Hollow or something like that, I took it as I thought this must be how you get around the water fall.

Flipping Falmer killed Lydia no problem, (reloaded and sent her home, I continued on my own). I had to resort to legging it through the cave hoping for an exit. I think was level 2 or 3 when this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Killed a dragon by myself for the first time last night, its a great feeling :P Love how the people that see it are in total awe. Just getting into the thieves guild quests, some nice missions in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Killed a dragon by myself for the first time last night, its a great feeling :P Love how the people that see it are in total awe. Just getting into the thieves guild quests, some nice missions in there.

yea its funny how they think its amazing.. run of the mill after a while!

Its very easy to kill a dragon when there are other creatures/people in the vicinity.. Dragon get distracted by fighting them.. you get a few cheap shots in!! Dragon dead in no time!

Advertisement