Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DarkJager wrote: »
    That's the one from the whispering door quest? I've literally killed all my followers, all NPC I'm friendly with and there is no change to it's stats. This thing of "restoring it to it's full power" just sounds like bull**** cos nothing is happening to it's stats

According to the guide it should work for anyone you have done a quest for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sean how do you make that Nightingale armour? It looks awesome! unless it's in the crafting menu and I completely missed it?
    You can get it when you complete the Thieves Guild quest

It's strong, light armour and I look so good in it I doubt I'll be changing it to anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

calex71 wrote: »
    DarkJager wrote: »
    That's the one from the whispering door quest? I've literally killed all my followers, all NPC I'm friendly with and there is no change to it's stats. This thing of "restoring it to it's full power" just sounds like bull**** cos nothing is happening to it's stats

According to the guide it should work for anyone you have done a quest for.

Yeah think I've gone through a few of them :D what's the expected outcome though - some uber damage rating on it or enchantment?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Anybody else go the Barbarian path ( 2 hander , light armour ) on Master difficulty ?

Im level 17 and getting my ass handed to me by Trolls and Saber cats. Light armour taking its time to level up so cant put any perk points into it.

Wheres the light armour trainer at ? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Headshot wrote: »
    **** it lads I think she maybe dead, iv looked everywhere (including in the night) and absolutely nothing

Is there any teach for master destruction?

I noticed during the
    final Mages quest
    That when you return to the college that she falls off the bridge very easily while
    fighting the magic anomaly
    She fell twice on me, but survived both times but didn't move. I just reloaded it and made sure she didn't fall. But check the cliff around the second font/beacon on the bridge. It's not the enormous drop so she could be alive and just stuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

calex71 wrote: »
    They have to be 2 handed right :confused:

My one handed set are 50 each maxed at legendary :(

Unless you have the nice deadric one that improves with the more friends you kill?

Maybe I should forge and enchant some dragon ones.

1 handed, i have gear enchanted with fortify 1 handed and the weapons reinforced to atleast 250% along with duel enchanted elemental damage.

But they are only glass so its getting really hard to increase the damage output anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Beruthiel wrote: »
    It's strong, light armour and I look so good in it I doubt I'll be changing it to anything else.

" Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all!, nothing at all!! " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

that nightingale armor looks savage!! Might try get myself some of that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Currently using the Dark Brotherhood armour, which when upgraded, is pretty damn good. I generally switch to my mage set though (Archmage robe, Morokei mask, and magic regen necklace) when things get hairy.

Nightingale set will probably be my new set though. Looks excellent.

Kiith wrote: »
    Currently using the Dark Brotherhood armour, which when upgraded, is pretty damn good. I generally switch to my mage set though (Archmage robe, Morokei mask, and magic regen necklace) when things get hairy.

Pure mage all the way!!

Dying to get my hands on a paralysis spell.. aint seen one available anywhere yet..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

skyrim just completely reset it's graphics settings

and now every time I try to run it from my shortcuts, it just goes straight into the launcher
    i can't just click the taskbar icon and go into the game anymore.. wtf

whatever it did also completely ****ed with the mod I had installed and the brightness levels have been ruined

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-skyrim-pc-patch-disables-ram-boosting-laa-mode

This is really annoying. I intend to start Skyrim when the first major patch arrives and now one of the great assets of playing it on pc has been removed by the devs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »

Using the shrouded armour too, the only thing is I can't seem to upgrade it past flawless even with my 100 smithing, damn it I want my legendary armour!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mods are always wrecked by patches. They'll be fixed pretty quickly though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Agricola wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-skyrim-pc-patch-disables-ram-boosting-laa-mode

This is really annoying. I intend to start Skyrim when the first major patch arrives and now one of the great assets of playing it on pc has been removed by the devs :mad:

And modded straight back in again.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1285418-new-laa-4gb-launcher/

TBH I don't see how enabling LAA it could be of benefit to the Vanilla game, without a tonne of mods installed, but some people swear that it fixed alot of CTD issues so who am I to argue.

Bit of a silly oversight the ball though to release it without tying the game executable into steam properly, although it rather smack of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Interestingly was the exact same with the Fallout 3 Disk version and Securom, by running the game directly rather than using the launcher bypassed the Securom CD check entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Anybody else go the Barbarian path ( 2 hander , light armour ) on Master difficulty ?

Im level 17 and getting my ass handed to me by Trolls and Saber cats. Light armour taking its time to level up so cant put any perk points into it.

Wheres the light armour trainer at ? :o

Why go for light armour? I use two handed weapons but wear heavy armour. I thought heavy armour would be the logical choice to go for since we have to absorb a lot of damage that a shield would usually take. By the way there's a woman in Riften who trains you.

Also you're not alone, sabre cats and bears still give me trouble and I'm armoured up to the gills. As far as trolls go, well they're why I put some time into fire magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

hypermuse wrote: »
    Dying to get my hands on a paralysis spell.. aint seen one available anywhere yet..
    You cant get it when you have 75 in Alteration from Tolfdir in Winterhold College.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

You can really get your bows to shift some serious damage. Upgraded ebony bow, with the sneak perks that give you 3 times sneak crit bonus, coupled with a 30% increase in damage from a helmet and a 26% increase from a ring/necklace combo... Unless you run into a handful of Draugr Deathlords, you're pretty much unstoppable, and even then, with a few well time dragon shouts, they're not too dangerous.

Not to mention the 15x damage perk for dagger hits from sneak attacks. Sexy.

That seems pretty ghey.. Can people re-mod it to allow it to work??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

You can really get your bows to shift some serious damage. Upgraded ebony bow, with the sneak perks that give you 3 times sneak crit bonus, coupled with a 30% increase in damage from a helmet and a 26% increase from a ring/necklace combo... Unless you run into a handful of Draugr Deathlords, you're pretty much unstoppable, and even then, with a few well time dragon shouts, they're not too dangerous.

Not to mention the 15x damage perk for dagger hits from sneak attacks. Sexy.

This.

I started out using destruction magic and 1 handed... All about the bows now. My offensive strategy has changed so much in this game. There's nothing I haven't used for a prolonged period at this point.

GOTY. I had said Dark Souls was, and knew at the same time that Skyrim would be the only game that could challenge it. This game is outstanding!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, i was lucky enough that i'd kept a backup of the original tesv.exe when I originally patched it to LAA so i was able to get around the steam ****ery but if you had been holding off on playing I can imagine that it's just ridiculous.

loads of people on the steam forums complaining that the new patch has casued previously unseen unstability for them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Played it last night after the patch & I must admit, I definitely noticed performance dipped a fair bit for me. Hard to gauge accurately as the game is wildly unpredictable with its FPS on my rig - the same area can have massively different performance from one load to another, with no real constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

This.

I started out using destruction magic and 1 handed... All about the bows now. My offensive strategy has changed so much in this game. There's nothing I haven't used for a prolonged period at this point.

GOTY. I had said Dark Souls was, and knew at the same time that Skyrim would be the only game that could challenge it. This game is outstanding!

Yeah I started off with a battlemage sort of build planning Destro + 1 handed but it's not an ideal build to be honest. I'm going to shift and start using bows instead of 1 handed although i've wasted perks in the 1 handed tree :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm still fairly low level but I am liking the Vokun Mask. It lowers magica use by 20% for Conjuration, Illusion and Alteration with a armour rating of 27 (i think)
    screenshot13x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've only really started playing (level 7) What are the pros/cons of brcoming a werewolf with the companions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've only really started playing (level 7) What are the pros/cons of brcoming a werewolf with the companions?
    The only con is that you dont get a rested or well rested bonus from sleeping. Which you dont really need to do anyway. I think it's a temporary stat boost. The pros definitely outweigh the cons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i instaled the new ati drivers and they seem to have made a difference
    not noticing a huge jump in fps but previous problem areas (for some reason, the main road in whiterun as soon as you fast trravel in) are a lot better

also, anyone noticing their vertical mouse issues gone? yesterday the vertical mouse speed was directly related to fps, and in areas with low fps the vertical mouse speed would be terrible. this morning, there's no difference at all in speed whatever area of the game i'm in. i've jumped around to a few areas i'd noticed problems before and it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

weiland79 wrote: »
    The only con is that you dont get a rested or well rested bonus from sleeping. Which you dont really need to do anyway. I think it's a temporary stat boost. The pros definitely outweigh the cons.

it's about 15% increase at the rate at which you gain levels for stats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dunno if anyone saw this today, but apparently Bethesda created a large portion of the neighboring landmass around Skyrim; including Morrowind & Cyrodil (locations of games #3 & 4 in the series). Apparently the landmass isn't completely to scale & has mostly lo-res textures, but the blank landmass is there.

Speculation is rife as to why Bethesda made all this extra space. Some say it's for upcoming expansions; others say it's a sandbox area ready-made for modders; others that it was just made as a mapping point of reference for the devs to create Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/5861752/skyrim-contains-the-entire-elder-scrolls-continent-including-morrowind-and-cyrodiil

Can't wait to see what the modders do with it all though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

pixelburp wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone saw this today, but apparently Bethesda created a large portion of the neighboring landmass around Skyrim; including Morrowind & Cyrodil (locations of games #3 & 4 in the series). Apparently the landmass isn't completely to scale & has mostly lo-res textures, but the blank landmass is there.

Speculation is rife as to why Bethesda made all this extra space. Some say it's for upcoming expansions; others say it's a sandbox area ready-made for modders; others that it was just made as a mapping point of reference for the devs to create Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/5861752/skyrim-contains-the-entire-elder-scrolls-continent-including-morrowind-and-cyrodiil

Can't wait to see what the modders do with it all though!
    They did the same for Oblivion though, the map included far more than Cyrodiil. I maxed out my Athletics and Acrobatics and was able to use it to wander around Elsweyr and Valenwood, before eventually falling off the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Making my way up to Ivarstead to meet the Greybeards and a random mage was walking towards me. He drew his weapon, a blade, I drew my bow. Bit of a stand-off as he didn't approach so I put my weapon away and he reciprocated. Happy in our new-found understanding, I relaxed and waited for him to approach me. All of a sudden, he started blasting me with ice magicness :mad:. Couldn't help but laugh and think 'bad move, buddy' as Lydia ran from behind me with an Elven Battleax and he screamed 'no, please, mercy!' as she cleaved him out of it with one blow.:pac::pac:

Is this the greatest game I've ever played?

Advertisement