Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 expedience

theres a dragon flying around near whiterun and the ****er wont land at all just keeps circling,surely this is a bug?

I think I met the exact same dragon. Started firing lightening at it but the combat interface didn't even open up so I just walked away, but it accompanied me- just circling above my head for a while. Then a group of bandits spot me and start getting aggressive; the dragon lands, turns them all to ash, and flies away.

Why would I even want to kill it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone have a list of what the gods do, I can only see oblivion stuff about them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Are there any Enchantment & alchemy guides made yet that are useful? Have never really bothered with them but wana see what all the fuss is about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I used to use alchemy guides, but this is the first time I think Bethesda have done a good job. It's a really good interface. I haven't done enchantment (pure sneaky), so I can't comment, but I suggest trying alchemy for yourself. It's great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Are there any Enchantment & alchemy guides made yet that are useful? Have never really bothered with them but wana see what all the fuss is about :)

alchemy is a gold mine tbh! can make some potions from 3 worthless & more importantly light ingredients (dont inhibit your ability to carry cool stuff) and sell them potions for a few hundred gold a pop!! My only prob is getting rid of the potions!! worth so much!

• Advertisement

Where do you find the ingredients for the potions though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

There everywhere, you pick flowers in feilds, mushrooms in caves pull the wings of butterflys :( moss of walls and from some animals, sabercats skeevers bears and deers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Every where!

Loads of flowers out in the wild to be picked up.
    Loads of mushrooms in caves.
    Fish in the rivers.
    And some of the animals and monsters when they die, when you loot them you get some ingredients too.
    Shops too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Enchanting is fairly straight forward. All it really requires is for you to acquire Magical items (Weapons, Rings, Amulets, Armour etc) and Disenchant them (the item gets destroyed but you learn the knowledge of the enchantment permanently). Get a soul gem filled with a soul (even just a petty soul to start), a new Item/Armour/Weapon and Enchant away.

The Interface for Enchanting is easy too, pretty much a 1/2/3 step type of thing (Enchant Type/Item/Soul then craft)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

every time i drive to work i see thistles and other plants and things growing in fields, i have had to stop myself pulling over and picking them for potions later :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

My guy looks real cool making potions coz he has a hood and robes.. seeing him mixing a mortar & pestle in his robes just looks the business! Suits my character real well!

Shíte I meant how do you know what stuff to put together to make a potion? I have LOADS of random stuff I've picked up off dead bodies and plants :)

Shíte I meant how do you know what stuff to put together to make a potion? I have LOADS of random stuff I've picked up off dead bodies and plants :)
    just eat one of everything it will reveal one of the things it does, then just mix them and more properties will be revealed. Its tedious but worth it if your an archer because the poisons really help with the chiefs/bosses.

Oh cool, didn't know you could eat the stuff. I'll give it a shot. That's handy with the bow cause its pretty much my main weapon now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

If you don't fancy eating them mixing them blind in the alchemy interface will reveal stuff too but if you combine ingredients that won't work together you lose both and get no potion. Good odds though as all ingredients have 4 effects so when you combine 2 they only have to have one matching effect. As you mix more and more you will discover more effects, second third and so on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mewso wrote: »
    If you don't fancy eating them mixing them blind in the alchemy interface will reveal stuff too but if you combine ingredients that won't work together you lose both and get no potion. Good odds though as all ingredients have 4 effects so when you combine 2 they only have to have one matching effect. As you mix more and more you will discover more effects, second third and so on.

Waste alot more ingrediants that mixing blindly though, not too many drawbacks to eating everything, except in battle perhaps :D (Haven't died in the lab yet anyway).

That way you can create successfully create potions all the time with an ingredients known effects, and you will still discover unknown effects as you mix (even if it is unrelated to the potion you just created) as your skill grows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Okay, forget Lydia. Shadowmere is my favourite companion. He single hoofedly distracted a blood dragon whilst I sniped it like the coward I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Why doesnt anything in Skyrim begin with a P :confused: (other than items)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

The stray dog was my favorite companion. We went on lots of adventures together but he sadly died on the last quest for the companions. I tried some necro spells but they didn't work. I was devastated, but that didn't stop me harvesting him for dog meat. He would have wanted it that way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

marco_polo wrote: »
    Waste alot more ingrediants that mixing blindly though, not too many drawbacks to eating everything, except in battle perhaps :D (Haven't died in the lab yet anyway).

That way you can create successfully create potions all the time with an ingredients known effects, and you will still discover unknown effects as you mix (even if it is unrelated to the potion you just created) as your skill grows.

Yeah I only mentioned it because I didn't know you could do it until well into the game. I thought you had to know effects before mixing. If you only have one of a rare ingredient and don't know it's primary effect it might be worth a ping though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Okay, forget Lydia. Shadowmere is my favourite companion. He single hoofedly distracted a blood dragon whilst I sniped it like the coward I am.

Not bad for a 200 year old horse

I finished the main story and all my side quests in the misc section as a destruction restoration one hander running around got boring :(

So I started again as a sneaky archer :D Its so bad ass I never thought i would like being an archer but clearing out Draughr ruins without being spotted rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I finished the main story and all my side quests in the misc section as a destruction restoration one hander running around got boring :(

So I started again as a sneaky archer :D Its so bad ass I never thought i would like being an archer but clearing out Draughr ruins without being spotted rocks.

I'll do something similar when i'm done, about 30 hours in, level 24 and playing a battle mage kind of loadout.

I'll start again as a sneaky pick pocketing archer. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm looking forward to a heavy armoured, 2 handed Nord on my next playthrough. No magic or stealth whatsoever. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

doncarlos wrote: »
    The stray dog was my favorite companion. We went on lots of adventures together but he sadly died on the last quest for the companions. I tried some necro spells but they didn't work. I was devastated, but that didn't stop me harvesting him for dog meat. He would have wanted it that way
    Ah crap. I decided to start using the bow and started hitting things from afar. I saw a wolf, or at what I thought was a wolf and shot an arrow at it. Turns out it was the stray dog. OOPS.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

what stray dog is this? lydia is alright but shes not a talker, the dog, at least, stays quiet cause he cant talk.

Ah crap. I decided to start using the bow and started hitting things from afar. I saw a wolf, or at what I thought was a wolf and shot an arrow at it. Turns out it was the stray dog. OOPS.:o

I kept hitting the poor fecker with fireballs. I felt like a bit of an eejit as I kept saying sorry to the computer screen. He'd always came back and I always heeled him up. We took down a few dragons together but he bit it when he ran in to a battle against four Draughr.

what stray dog is this? lydia is alright but shes not a talker, the dog, at least, stays quiet cause he cant talk.

Can't remember where I found him, he was standing at the side of the road somewhere between two towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

doncarlos wrote: »
    Can't remember where I found him, he was standing at the side of the road somewhere between two towns.
    I came across/killed him east of Dawnstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone got any tips for that quest Delphine sends you on to get into the Thalmor embassy party? I keep getting caught no matter how much I sneak, might reload the last save and go look for some potions of light feet to sneak a bit better.

Advertisement