Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Tip:
    you can craft some great weapons at the Companions Skyforge in Whiterun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

justryan wrote: »
    Tip:
    you can craft some great weapons at the Companions Skyforge in Whiterun
    unique weapons or just the standard types?? Would love to make a decent one hand blade, though my current legendary ebony does it nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

for those trying to get their first house and beat the Skyrim recession
    I tried it and it works

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Guy posted this on reddit :pac:

UpcKk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

How much did people pay for their first horse? I offered 1000 gold and brokeback horse guy accepted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Jaysus, i spent almost an hour playing TAG! your it! and hide and seek with the kids in solitude. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Notorioux wrote: »
    Jaysus, i spent almost an hour playing TAG! your it! and hide and seek with the kids in solitude. lol

bloody pedobear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Draugr hangin out!

2011-11-21_00002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Notorioux wrote: »
    I did it in whiterun but they still pick on me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

game looks pretty awesome maxed out 100% on my pc - the ultra shadows + AA really take a hit on my fps though!

2zno31k.png

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

skyrim just completely reset it's graphics settings

and now every time I try to run it from my shortcuts, it just goes straight into the launcher
    i can't just click the taskbar icon and go into the game anymore.. wtf

whatever it did also completely ****ed with the mod I had installed and the brightness levels have been ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Extremely boring day cos i'm stuck at home recovering from surgery and can do nothing but play Skyrim so i messed around tonight... Long post incoming!

Greetings listeners. My terrible tale begins in a land called Skyrim where a young Dark Elf called Caledith got a reprieve from execution thanks to the timely intervention of fate. After escaping from her captors clutches with the aid of the rebels who were to be executed alongside her she vanished into the wilderness so that no-one could persue her. After many days of walking she came to a town called Riften, which appeared to be a perfect spot to settle down and start a new life due to the low life nature of its many occupants and the rumours of the thieves guild being located there.

One night in the local tavern called the Bee and Barb while listening for information on the thieves guild she spotted a beautiful, fair haired maiden who looked like she could handle herself. Caledith quickly bought them both a drink and learned her name was Mjoll the Lioness. There was immediate chemistry and when Mjoll mentioned her sword had been lost to her Caledith volunteered to get it back. She hoped it would gain Mjoll's affection if returned. After many weeks of travel on horseback and too many other new tales to recount here, Caledith returned with Grimsever the sword.

Mjoll's eyes lit up and when she spotted the amulet of mara an intense and whirlwind romance developed which led to them being married in the Temple of Mara in Riften. As a honeymoon present Caledith bought them a palatial house in Solitude, the kingdoms capital and they moved in together. However things began to sour as Caledith realised there was 3 people in the marriage, Mjoll's friend Aerin would not let her lead her new life, things were about to take a dark turn as Caledith hatched a plan and put it into action to ensure that it would only be her and Mjoll from then on....

She stole the key to Aerins house while her beloved slept and made her way to Riften.

gettingthekeywhilemydea.jpg

Caledith arrived early evening and let herself into the house to wait in Aerin's bedroom. Her plan was to seduce Aerin and then tell Mjoll that he had taken advantage of her while drunk thus leading to the end of their friendship. However, she did not get the reaction she expected...

aerinsshockedreaction.jpg

In a rage at his refusal to fall for her scheme she picked up a knife that had been laying on Aerin's bedside table and stabbed him until he stopped moving.

stabbedincoldblood.jpg

Realising that she had just committed murder and panicked at the thoughts of spending her life in a dungeon away from Mjoll she rearranged Aerins body on his bed and made it seem like a drunken suicide. She wrote a note pretending to be Aerin saying he could not live without his secret love Mjoll and rode her horse back to Solitude hoping that the guards would believe the events as she had created them. Now to spend the rest of her life with Mjoll, and no-one else...

murdersuicide.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

wut...

I think your painkillers are kicking in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Sorry if this has been posted before but I though it was fairly amusing :).

The Life And Death Of Skyrim’s Lydia

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

And sorry for the double post but AMD have released a (single card) performance patch.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111aperformance.aspx

NOTE: If crossfire is working ok for you at the moment do not install as this will disable it , crossfire issues are still being worked on :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Everyone seems to be going for Dragon Armour .
    Am I the only one who thinks Daedric is cooler ? :D

It's also has better stats and is rarer (due to dragons being everywhere :P for materials)

The Lydia story was excellent :D , I remember being in a dungeon, one of those Dwemer ones, with a rotating blade trap..and she literally couldn't get past it..just walking into it for 5 mins...so I told her to stay and wait in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

mmmmmmmmm skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be going for Dragon Armour .
    Am I the only one who thinks Daedric is cooler ? :D

It's also has better stats and is rarer (due to dragons being everywhere :P for materials)

The Lydia story was excellent :D , I remember being in a dungeon, one of those Dwemer ones, with a rotating blade trap..and she literally couldn't get past it..just walking into it for 5 mins...so I told her to stay and wait in the end

I prefer Daedric, it looks cooler (I do think the Helmet is a bit naff though, I went for an Ebony Helmet instead, looks excellent with the rest of the Daedric Armour). From the stats as well it has a better Armour Rating as well. Unless Dragon Armour has better AR when it's improved, Daedric seems the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That Mage mercenary in Riften is class, definately worth investing 500 gold coins in. He's saved my ass more than once in the dungeons, especially the Nord dungeon in the eastern mountains which has the mad necromancer widow who brought the bodies of her husband and his lover back to life. I got a nice looking but fairly weak Ghost Sword for my efforts in that dungeon:(

Ya, he was great. Was, cause he is dead in my game, the Falmer got him down in one of the Drawven looking dungeons, I had no recent save, so he had to stay deaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Right now i have swords that do 350 damage each... Whats the max i can get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

How the hell?!

I must be the most casual skyrim player here. About 20 hours in and level 18 warrior, I don't mess with magic or smithing but all the reports here make me think I'm missing out!

How do you get a sword that does 350 damage?

Where is daedric armor?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was wondering that myself. My best sword does 21 damage i think (not a melee user myself). Hell, even my best bow (Ebony) only does 32 damage iirc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kiith wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself. My best sword does 21 damage i think (not a melee user myself). Hell, even my best bow (Ebony) only does 32 damage iirc.

I've nearly maxed out my two-handed and my legendary ebony warhammer only does over 100 (can't remember the exact figure).

Elessar wrote: »
    How the hell?!

I must be the most casual skyrim player here. About 20 hours in and level 18 warrior, I don't mess with magic or smithing but all the reports here make me think I'm missing out!

How do you get a sword that does 350 damage?

Where is daedric armor?

Hmm I agree It must be a typo? Maybe he meant 35 damage? My current best damage for a one handed weapon is 53, which is a Daedric Sword where iv improved it to it's current max.

Btw to get Daedric armour you need to craft it yourself. You need a smithy skills of 90 before it becomes available for you to craft. It require Ebony Ingots and Daedric hearts to craft. Daedric hearts can be found randomly in Alchemy Vendors. You can find one in the Companions building in Whiterun but you have to steal it (when Interiors reload after a certain time you can get it again). You can fight Daedra in the Mehrunes Razor quest as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They have to be 2 handed right :confused:

My one handed set are 50 each maxed at legendary :(

Unless you have the nice deadric one that improves with the more friends you kill?

Maybe I should forge and enchant some dragon ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hmm I agree It must be a typo? Maybe he meant 35 damage? My current best damage for a one handed weapon is 53, which is a Daedric Sword where iv improved it to it's current max.

Btw to get Daedric armour you need to craft it yourself. You need a smithy skills of 90 before it becomes available for you to craft. It require Ebony Ingots and Daedric hearts to craft. Daedric hearts can be found randomly in Alchemy Vendors. You can find one in the Companions building in Whiterun but you have to steal it (when Interiors reload after a certain time you can get it again). You can fight Daedra in the Mehrunes Razor quest as well.

Ah I thought you could find it in a dungeon somewhere...a good way to get smithing up quick is to create lots of iron daggers I hear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

calex71 wrote: »
    Unless you have the nice deadric one that improves with the more friends you kill?
    That's the one from the whispering door quest? I've literally killed all my followers, all NPC I'm friendly with and there is no change to it's stats. This thing of "restoring it to it's full power" just sounds like bull**** cos nothing is happening to it's stats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah it's the hearts that make it hard to craft, there is also an Ebony mine where you can get an abundance of the ingots needed.
    You need 1 Daedra heart per piece of armor, so 6 for armor + shield + weapon

Below is Nightingale and Daedric :)

nightingale.jpg
    daedric.jpg

Sean how do you make that Nightingale armour? It looks awesome! unless it's in the crafting menu and I completely missed it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Under the weapons menu, there's the "damage" stat. I know magic items will give a negative or positive modifier to this number, but what about my skill?

I'm leveling up in one handed combat but my one handed steel sword shows only a damage of 11. Should this not have a positive modifier? It had a negative modifier for a while but I don't know why.

Advertisement