Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

got sent to a dragon burial site by 'A Friend', three frost troll's, 4 ice wolves and a blood dragon later and I have a new shout...who the hell is this friend and why does she/he want me dead so badly?!

Also Frankie5Angels..yes, this is the greatest game we have all played!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

pixelburp wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone saw this today, but apparently Bethesda created a large portion of the neighboring landmass around Skyrim; including Morrowind & Cyrodil (locations of games #3 & 4 in the series). Apparently the landmass isn't completely to scale & has mostly lo-res textures, but the blank landmass is there.

Speculation is rife as to why Bethesda made all this extra space. Some say it's for upcoming expansions; others say it's a sandbox area ready-made for modders; others that it was just made as a mapping point of reference for the devs to create Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/5861752/skyrim-contains-the-entire-elder-scrolls-continent-including-morrowind-and-cyrodiil

Can't wait to see what the modders do with it all though!

This made me laugh in the comments:

The Elder Scrolls X: The Search for Spock

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

i instaled the new ati drivers and they seem to have made a difference
    not noticing a huge jump in fps but previous problem areas (for some reason, the main road in whiterun as soon as you fast trravel in) are a lot better

also, anyone noticing their vertical mouse issues gone? yesterday the vertical mouse speed was directly related to fps, and in areas with low fps the vertical mouse speed would be terrible. this morning, there's no difference at all in speed whatever area of the game i'm in. i've jumped around to a few areas i'd noticed problems before and it's perfect.

Definately yeah I have noticed the mouse thing and improvements in certain areas like the Solitude entrance and that specific area you mentioned in Whiterun as well. Still dipping just under 29-30FPS at times there but it is less jarring on the eye than the 22-25 FPS I was getting previously.

Haven't been in any of my problem indoor areas since but I am hoping that they will have improved as well (Although I suspect my dips indoors may well be purely 'horsepower' related due to particle/shadows/lighing effects).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The one graphical improvement I would like would be for water to be seen flowing at a larger distance. Really annoys me seeing a block of texture on a waterfall that only starts moving when I get close. Haven't seen anything that really does this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone do the quest where you get the ring from the guy in the prison cell?
    You can't take it off until you end the quest and can turn into a warewolf at random times

It happened as I fast travelled into Riften and chaos ensued :D

Lucky I had a save to go back to, as I wanted to keep things clean, so got the ring again and saw it's quest through before I continued.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Blowfish wrote: »
    They did the same for Oblivion though, the map included far more than Cyrodiil. I maxed out my Athletics and Acrobatics and was able to use it to wander around Elsweyr and Valenwood, before eventually falling off the end of the world.

Cool,did you find much there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Cool,did you find much there?
    As with the link above, it's pretty much just lots of terrain with low res textures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

see some mammoths, fair enough.. i'll go steal a few souls
    i attack one, 2 more mammoths come running over.. followed by 2 giants

then a dragon lands
    then 2 sabre cats join in the fray
    my soul gems be burstin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

see some mammoths, fair enough.. i'll go steal a few souls
    i attack one, 2 more mammoths come running over.. followed by 2 giants

then a dragon lands
    then 2 sabre cats join in the fray
    my soul gems be burstin

How does one survive such a grand melee? Sounds like fun.

one uses many plentiful health potions, equips dragon armour and runs away alot

• Advertisement

my tab key has stopped working at all when in menus

and i am now stuck in a merchants menu because i can't even click the exit option

pain in the balls

--edit

on the plus side, I just got the heavy armour weighs nothing perk

now i can enchant a load of different dragon armours and just switch between them on the fly, all the while looting everything and everyone I see

while laughing like a lunatic as Lydia decides to get stuck in alot more than she should!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Perhaps you can rename your character Brave Sir Robin?? :)

Bravely bold Sir Digby rode forth from Whiterun.
    He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Digby!
    He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
    Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Digby!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

my tab key has stopped working at all when in menus

and i am now stuck in a merchants menu because i can't even click the exit option

That has happen to me a few times, the last time I accidently pressed something like cap lock, ctrl or shift or similar button on that side of the keyboard and then tab magically worked again. It hasn't happened since then so I can't retest it.

The dozen times before that I had to exit and reload the game. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sir_robin_part_3_pic.jpg

ooiiii wasnnnnt

He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
    Or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken!!
    To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away;
    And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Digby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I love the Wabbajack.

I used it on a restless draugr. He turned into some kind of Daedric knight and started going berserk killing other draugrs. Then he turned on me.

So I killed him. He then turned back into the restless draugr, which I killed in the normal fashion, causing him to burst into a huge pile of gold coins.

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've taken to flawless dwarven armor and 2 dwarven swords.

made for an epic cutscene kill on a dragon... when some idiot ran up to me in the middle of it and engaged in some dialog about stealing a sword. **** off guy, cant you see im having an epic slay of a dragon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

funkyflea wrote: »
    I love the Wabbajack.

A great wee weapon, although to get it one must first endure one of the more terrible Oirish accents I've heard in a video-game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I now have no face,quite amusing.

The arch-mage outfit + the mask you gain from killing the guy with the staff of Magnus has literally left me with a gapping hole where my head should be.

Initailly i thought it sucked,now its highly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

pixelburp wrote: »
    A great wee weapon, although to get it one must first endure one of the more terrible Oirish accents I've heard in a video-game.
    I got it there a while ago. What use is it? Is it just a weapon to let weird stuff ensue?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I got it there a while ago. What use is it? Is it just a weapon to let weird stuff ensue?

Pretty much,transforms people into random stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

So am I the only one who Lydia died on after about 10 minutes ? I keep seeing all these posts mentioning her, but I went straight to see the greybeards after meeting her and she ran off after an ice troll and died straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

stevenmu wrote: »
    So am I the only one who Lydia died on after about 10 minutes ? I keep seeing all these posts mentioning her, but I went straight to see the greybeards after meeting her and she ran off after an ice troll and died straight away.
    You companions can only die via your damage dealing. If they get down to low health, they drop to their knees and regen their energy. They can only die if you kill them. I must have killed her in a scuffle last night and didnt notice she was gone for about an hour later. I didnt bother reloading.

Either you killed her or she is back in the place where you initially found her.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I left Lydia in the mountains somewhere, completely forgot about her, then about half an hour later it said, Lydia has grown restless and cannot wait any longer so i went back to Breezehome and found her there, told her to follow me again, walked down another mountain cue a fight with 2 bears, ending in me with some bear pelt and Lydia mauled on the ground. So no dude, i lost her too.......:(:( Why LYDIA WHY must you fight the BEARS:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I lost her pretty soon too. Can't even say where, think it was during a dragon fight.
    So I married Marcurio, the mage mercenary in Riften.
    He's been the cats pajamas and I've become rather attached to him and would hate to loose him at this stage.

You companions can only die via your damage dealing. If they get down to low health, they drop to their knees and regen their energy. They can only die if you kill them. I must have killed her in a scuffle last night and didnt notice she was gone for about an hour later. I didnt bother reloading.

Either you killed her or she is back in the place where you initially found her.

pretty sure they can die from enemy attacks too

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Well that did not happen to me, the bears both went for her and took her out, i had no part to play in her death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Beruthiel wrote: »

I lost her pretty soon too. Can't even say where, think it was during a dragon fight.
    So I married Marcurio, the mage mercenary in Riften.
    He's been the cats pajamas and I've become rather attached to him as would hate to loose him.

He's weak in melee combat I lost him a while ago was very amusing when he cast fireballs at the enemy

Advertisement