Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dunne - Most Boring Man on Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I also like Black and Decker.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

No he is interesting
    Oh and name checking every famous person he ever met.....

Then my biggest annoyance every week if not every day

"when i was on tour with Something happens"
    "back in the day with the band"
    "i recall a moment back in the ____ Stadium supporting so and so"

Snooreeeee

Loyalty cards

Rant over tee he he he he
    get this guy in instead lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGzrPNAraZs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

No he is interesting
    sound quality better on the original clip here viewed 2.7 million times so far in 1.5 days, more than Tom Dunnes listeners in a year I'd say :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTysXITBCmk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I still like him and find his show one of the more entertaining shows on the radio at the moment, a lot more entertaining than some of the efforts of comedy here anyway :p
    Rubik. wrote: »
    His top 20 albums of 2010 show yesterday was like a plea for a music station to come and get him. He has already lost a hour and is only heading in one direction at Newstalk.

Not so. There's changes happening at Phantom, it's being renamed and also moving to the same studios as Newstalk and he's getting a show on that, it will be a pre-recorded music show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EDINBRO

I love his programme. Can't understand the hatred here. There are plenty of alternatives if people want them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davearthurs

No he is interesting
    Used to listen to him the odd time when he was on TodayFM playing fairly decent music but he seemed to be more himself back then. His Newstalk show is pure bland boredom.

On Newstalk his voice is very odd - he sounds like a total foxrock yuppie, and everything is always wonderful and positive. Doesn't make compelling listening, just bland and boring. He does sound very fake. Maybe he's deliberately trying to do a Tubridy impression, I don't know. His voice can vary from D4 to northsider impressions over a show sometimes. I like Newstalk otherwise, as its the only decent station out there during the day with a bit of a BBC4 quality. Not perfect but Irish radio is pretty crap these days anyway. They just talk about the same 4/5 topics over and over. Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

ThisRegard wrote: »

Not so. There's changes happening at Phantom, it's being renamed and also moving to the same studios as Newstalk and he's getting a show on that, it will be a pre-recorded music show.

He would be much more suited to a full-time role in Phantom's new line-up. His Newstalk show is just too inane to be of any interest, but he is a decent enough music DJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

No he is interesting
    EDINBRO wrote: »
    I love his programme. Can't understand the hatred here. There are plenty of alternatives if people want them!

Well if he could speak properly that would be a start, have you ever checked out his diction? half the words missing, little mumblings half off mic, half finished sentences, and worst sin of all are his inane bouts of spontaneous laughter for no apparent reason :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

No he is interesting
    I like Tom - it's a bit innane but it's easy listening and good for the start of the day. Do wish he'd talk slightly less about his family though...

He was far superior as a music DJ all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i think he's grand when i end up listening to him. harmless radio, a diversion from all the crap that's going on with a bit of humour thrown in.

but since i got a wifi radio, huey morgan on 6 music is always gonna win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Spartack Gus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

No he is interesting
    I haven't read the "Boring" thread, but having watched that clip, I can understand why it was started.....lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

No he is interesting
    Just when i thought he couldnt get any more ****e.....

watch at your peril....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI674HyyalE&feature=aso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

No he is interesting
    Oh dear... Another bad JNLR and he'll be put out his misery by the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Actually on second thoughts I think I'll merge the youtube video in the correct Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 100pcblade

Some of his show is good but some of it is very bad, I mean what is the point of reviewing apps on the radio when you cant see anything, its the same as the cooking segment you cant see anything being cooked its just an excuse to stuff his face

100pcblade wrote: »
    Some of his show is good but some of it is very bad, I mean what is the point of reviewing apps on the radio when you cant see anything, its the same as the cooking segment you cant see anything being cooked its just an excuse to stuff his face

Why review anything bar music on the radio if that's the case ?

No he is interesting
    I wonder does he ever listen back to himself laughing at nothing & everything :confused:

He's just sooooo crap its painful (bargain basement) radio in the extreme.

No he is interesting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI674HyyalE

What is that meant to be :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No he is interesting
    Tom Dunne on the radio is the definition of the word anodyne - blandly agreeable, unlikely to cause offence or debate.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

No he is interesting
    I think he has got to be the most vapid, vacant and vacuous thing on the radio, airhead **** !
    Has anyone noticed how much Newstalk has been Dumbed down in the last few years ?
    anyway an annoying incident recently brought him to my mind and a short Google finds me here, at the most boring man on radio thread ....go figure

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

No he is interesting
    !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

No he is interesting
    DuPLeX wrote: »
    I think he has got to be the most vapid, vacant and vacuous thing on the radio, airhead **** !
    Has anyone noticed how much Newstalk has been Dumbed down in the last few years ?
    anyway an annoying incident recently brought him to my mind and a short Google finds me here, at the most boring man on radio thread ....go figure

never heard of any man having the testosterone physically drained out of them but tom dunne begs the question , has it been done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

No he is interesting
    _46503620_001830181-1.jpg
    "brillllliaaaaaant."

Dunne.jpg
    "that's absolutely fantasssstic."

DuPLeX wrote: »

Nah, you just don't listen to enough radio, tune into Phantom FM now and again and you'll hear someone meeting that exact criteria.

I like Tom Dunne, he's light entertainment in the early afternoon and I always get a smile out of him.

The rest of you are just oul curmudgeonly whinge bags who must enjoy listening to current affair misery on RTE or Darcy reading out text messages saying OMG dis country is a kip, I'm moving to Australia, what says yer listeners. And that acoustic moany arse song you just played brought tears to my dogs eyes it was so emotional :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I think he is a really nice guy who is talented but stuck in a timeslot that really doesn't suit him.
    He is actually really funny when he is on air with his producer Keith. He also has lovely manners! Awww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

No he is interesting
    I think he is a really nice guy who is talented but stuck in a timeslot that really doesn't suit him.
    He is actually really funny when he is on air with his producer Keith. He also has lovely manners! Awww.

so does daniel o donell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nah, you just don't listen to enough radio, tune into Phantom FM now and again and you'll hear someone meeting that exact criteria.

I like Tom Dunne, he's light entertainment in the early afternoon and I always get a smile out of him.

The rest of you are just oul curmudgeonly whinge bags who must enjoy listening to current affair misery on RTE or Darcy reading out text messages saying OMG dis country is a kip, I'm moving to Australia, what says yer listeners. And that acoustic moany arse song you just played brought tears to my dogs eyes it was so emotional :-)

Don't agree with you 100pc but the bit about those texts to D'Arcy made me laugh out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

I must say I can never understand why people dislike Tom Dunne.

He's such a positive, upbeat and sunny personality, perfect for mid-morning radio! I always enjoy listening to him. :)

Honestly people, not all radio needs to be gritty heavyweight stuff.

Sometimes, it's nice to change the tempo with the likes of Tom Dunne and Sean Moncrieff (is Moncrieff one F or two?)

As a previous Newstalk promo said, they are just looking to make people's lives a little bit more pleasent and informed. And in my opionion, they are winning.

Advertisement