Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dunne - Most Boring Man on Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

No he is interesting
    Fact:Tom Dunne gives nappy rash to sudo cream!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

No he is interesting
    And now we have the Tom Dunne loyalty card - WTF :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

No he is interesting
    and he had a sword swallower on. A sword swallower on the radio!!!!!! Not much point when you can't see him Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

No he is interesting
    I don't know if its his accent, or if he really has a peculiar way of speaking? but if you listen very carefully to Tom you will notice how he mumbles the end of some sentences in a "kinda off mic way"?, half finishing the end of some words, changing words mid flow, getting some words back to front, almost in a dyslexic kinda way! He also used to drive me mad on Pet Sounds (Today FM), by playing a really good track & then mumbling the name of the band, which would usually be totallty unrecognisable, it took me several weeks to work out from 'Tom Speak' that Mally Fantango was actually Nelly Furtardo :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No he is interesting
    dh0661 wrote: »
    And now we have the Tom Dunne loyalty card - WTF :rolleyes:
    Dunno why but I registered for one. Just for the hell of it. Good concept to be fair to them.

No he is interesting
    Dunno why but I registered for one. Just for the hell of it. Good concept to be fair to them.

Do let us know how you get on with it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Waiting on mine as well.
    He is getting a lot of business's offering discounts with it.
    Seems like a good idea to me.

No he is interesting
    Got the Loyalty card thing today. Nice yoke that is an ear-ring kinda thing. Tidy but doesn't mean I'm going to listen to Mr. Dunne more than my usual one time a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No he is interesting
    Got the Loyalty card thing today. Nice yoke that is an ear-ring kinda thing. Tidy but doesn't mean I'm going to listen to Mr. Dunne more than my usual one time a week.

I hope you meant key-ring....can't imagine loyalty cards becoming a fashion item!:D

• Advertisement

No he is interesting
    Glad to see Tom Dunne is the only one on Newstalk not increasing listener numbers

"Newstalk 106-108FM fared somewhat better than its national rivals with most of its main broadcasters increasing their audience size with the exception of Tom Dunne. "

No he is interesting
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I hope you meant key-ring....can't imagine loyalty cards becoming a fashion item!:D
    Oh murpho you can read me like a book :pac:

No he is interesting
    I have just seen a tweet saying Tom Dunne has formed a new band. Hopefully this is the first step to the end of his inane ramblings on radio

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    I have just seen a tweet saying Tom Dunne has formed a new band. Hopefully this is the first step of the end of his inane ramblings on radio

Something else happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

I've heard him play the Rubberbandits 'Horse Outside' a couple of times with the f words beeped out. On both occasions he stopped the song just before 'if you're looking for a ride I've got a horse outside' line! He never ceases reminding us how he used to a rockstar but c'mom Grandad, play the song!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

No he is interesting
    I really liked him as a music dj but he tries too hard at talk radio, seems to agree with everyone and his humour is just plain poor. Nice fella n'all but his current show just grates with me.

The funny thing is that when he used to fill in for darcy I thought he was excellent so maybe the producers are to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

No he is interesting
    Makes me sick........ he is SO fake, and licks the arse off all the guests.
    And that voice he does. what a tool cant stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Makes me sick........ he is SO fake, and licks the arse off all the guests.
    And that voice he does. what a tool cant stand him

and i disagree. so thats your opinion cancelled out.

good luck with the needless anger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

telekon wrote: »
    and i disagree. so thats your opinion cancelled out.

People have different opinions to you. Get used to it. All opinions are valid. One doesn't cancel the other out.

Bard wrote: »
    People have different opinions to you. Get used to it. All opinions are valid. One doesn't cancel the other out.

Erm, did you think i was being serious??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

telekon wrote: »
    Erm, did you think i was being serious??

There was no reason to believe you weren't.

Stay on topic please.

No he is interesting
    licks the arse off all the guests

And his own also IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

No he is interesting
    +1 on the arselicking fake tool assesment.

So telekon, you're outnumbered!

fabbydabby wrote: »
    +1 on the arselicking fake tool assesment.

So telekon, you're outnumbered!

Damn! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

would choose him over turbridy any day of the week.

i enjoy the odd half an hour i catch in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

No he is interesting
    he's absolutely intollerable when in the same room as that yummy-mummy wan Susan Jane Murray, and they both refer to each others partners on first name basis...save it for the cafeteria please.

smug tosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

His top 20 albums of 2010 show yesterday was like a plea for a music station to come and get him. He has already lost a hour and is only heading in one direction at Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No he is interesting
    Out the door please!

Absolute rubbish.

Why can't this level of hatred be repeated in the Tubridy thread?? Where I daresay, it is much more warranted...

Tom Dunne is most likely on 20% of Tubridy's salary. Its laughable really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No he is interesting
    Should be on 5% of it.

Useless banal boring vapid load of tosh, delivered in a drawling Blackrock accent which sours the piss in my bladder every time I hear it.

Should never be let near any programme which purports to be of any interest except to absolute morons.

Sheer tosh with a capital 'T'

Advertisement