Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dunne - Most Boring Man on Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tom Dunnes main problem is his rather dopey toned empathy, some fella talking about alcohol addiction this morning and it was heavy stodgy going. Give him a music guest like Joe Elliot or Scott Gorham and suddenly he is in his element and its great radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Sometimes, it's nice to change the tempo with the likes of Tom Dunne and Sean Moncrieff
    Agreed - but whereas Moncrieff can do it well, Tom Dunne cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

I think he is a really nice guy who is talented but stuck in a timeslot that really doesn't suit him.
    He is actually really funny when he is on air with his producer Keith. He also has lovely manners! Awww.

He is a nice guy yes, I have met him. The interaction with his producer is painful to listen to, pure muck. If they want to do a Stadler and Waldorf (not sure of spelling) from the Muppet Show, then bring in a co-presenter, but that would cost money!! Tom Dunne is too patronising for me, but by no means the worst around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

must say i like him, rarely get to listen to his show but find him nice and relaxed and up for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Johnny901

Its all down to personal taste, but I think he is great. Relaxing program away from the Eurozone issues and all the other crap in the world.

Love his sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No he is interesting
    I like him now. He grew on me over the last 6 months. Generally inoffensive listening which beats Tubs or D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pandybelly

No he is interesting
    He is the worst form of an empty vessel. Dreadfully boring and monotonous. His dreary, wearing monotone voice and totally uniteresting comments is more then enough to have me reaching for the off switch. Even this morning in his warm up to the programme, he has to mention his wifes perfect bottom. I am delighted for him (and his hands) but I dont need to hear about it.
    Amazing that he is allowed on air at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

No he is interesting
    A yellow pack Gerry Ryan...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No he is interesting
    I cringe when he starts talking about football a subject he obviously knows nothing about. Apparently him his producer think they're going be doing a road trip to the Euros this year and broadcasting from there. If I were them I'd be more worried about still having a job come the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I like Tom and I've always considered the title of this thread to be unfair on the man.

He has a good sense of humour and when it comes to music, I've yet to hear him play a bad track on any programme he has presented.

However I do wish he would drop his latest adventure (or at least keep it to himself). He has been on a diet since Christmas and thus, we are kept up to date with his daily eating regime and diminishing waistline.

Its not car crash radio by any means and all very harmless, but the truth is - nobody outside the world of Tom really cares.

Apart from that, he's a good egg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Grrr. I've just switched the show off. I waited patiently for the parenting slot to end - only to hear that he'll be back after the break with holiday tips... for people with kids.
    I've nothing against children but does the entire show have to revolve around them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Grrr. I've just switched the show off. I waited patiently for the parenting slot to end -

Moncrieff has one of them today as well. :(

Too much of this lark and the kids will eventually take over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

No he is interesting
    He's an oaf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The front man with Something Happens AND the genius behind Dr Bill...BORING!!!!!:mad:
    Outside now sirrah..YOU OFFEND:mad::mad::mad:

;)
    lOVE MR DUNNES SHOW.
    Proud owner of a loyalty card, nudie pen and everything The Happens have ever recorded

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

No he is interesting
    Ah yes nothing Happens one of the most boring of the non bands I remember the nonsong Parachute, "which he goes on about as if it were Stairway o Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody "...No No No IT'S SECOND RATE CRAP...! Go away ! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Proud owner of a....nudie pen.....

I've always wondered, who's in the nudie pen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

No he is interesting
    Caught him for the 1st time in ages on Newstalk yesterday, still the same inane forced laughter, even during the weightiest of topics! The man should listen back to himself sometime, its embarrassing. His diction still leaves a lot to be desired, he still gets words back to front, some words missing, questionable pronunciation a lot of the time, still the same old same old lightweight dross . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

LordSutch wrote: »
    still the same old same old lightweight dross . . . .

I've discussed this before, that's exactly the point of his show, it's meant to be lightweight, although I've notice heavier topics creeping in lately. You have a variety of shows throughout the day to get a fix of current affairs and politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Lapin wrote: »
    I like Tom and I've always considered the title of this thread to be unfair on the man.

He has a good sense of humour and when it comes to music, I've yet to hear him play a bad track on any programme he has presented.
    Iknow it's a talk show, but he should play a few more tracks.
    Lapin wrote: »
    However I do wish he would drop his latest adventure (or at least keep it to himself). He has been on a diet since Christmas and thus, we are kept up to date with his daily eating regime and diminishing waistline.

Its not car crash radio by any means and all very harmless, but the truth is - nobody outside the world of Tom really cares.

Apart from that, he's a good egg.
    O no, hope his not turning into Ray D'arcy.

Tom's more a pleasant soothing kinda boring, but not within the top3 of the most boring radio presenters, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pandybelly

No he is interesting
    He bought his wife Lidl face cream and she didn't notice the difference from her expensive stuff. Newsworthy.
    She could poison him because she is a chef. Wow, never heard that before.:eek:
    If Armageddon is coming, could Tom be taken first or even second after Mary Wilson. :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

No he is interesting
    Pandybelly wrote: »
    If Armageddon is coming, could Tom be taken first or even second after Mary Wilson. :)

I hope its coming and they take him first .but I suspect he'll be there in hell to entertain us .:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just curious - is Tom Dunne, the moderator on boards.ie, the same Tom Dunne as on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

darkman2 wrote: »
    Just curious - is Tom Dunne, the moderator on boards.ie, the same Tom Dunne as on the radio?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

No he is interesting
    Painfully boring man. His favourite topics are his wife and music, anything else he sounds so uninterested. Fake interest and forced silly laughter. An awful, awful show.

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

MJ23 wrote: »
    Painfully boring man. His favourite topics are his wife and music, anything else he sounds so uninterested. Fake interest and forced silly laughter. An awful, awful show.

every song he plays seems to be one of the most beautifull songs of all time , waterloo sunset by the kinks was todays pick , good song but just play the damn thing , no need to sh1te all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

He is on now having a love fest with Des Bishop. Good God, it is embarrassing! Telling each other how wonderful they are. Obviously Des is looking for a gig. Dreadful radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

No he is interesting
    Tom Dunne, Good and interesting man. I don't know him very much but i can see what other can't see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

His interview with Lemmy from Motorhead was just on there, ****in cringeworthy stuff. Asking Lemmy how much he drank last night, did he eat last night, what did you eat etc ****in hell Lemmy had to ask him was the whole interview going to be like that you could tell he was one more stupid question away from telling him to fcuk off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Blue Bitch

Boring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

No he is interesting
    That talking while laughing that he does is unbearable to listen to. And its a fake laugh most of the time.
    Every song he plays is "incredible", "one of the best songs ever", "an unbelievable track", "beautifully written", "truly inspiring". Just shut up and play it. We know you love music, just get on with it, it's not that good.
    Any time i hear that parachute song of his, it bores a hole in my head for days. I've just reminded myself of it now. Gonna be cracking now for the next few days.
    Thanks Tom, you boring git.

Advertisement