Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dunne - Most Boring Man on Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

viva le Tom!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He's out again today... Ye have really done it now!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

He's simply ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

No he is interesting
    Tom Dunne is ok his radio prog not bad comapared to gerry Ryan or ray darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭scottyboy

No he is interesting
    Derryleigh wrote: »
    Wow Scottyboy, must be great being you ie PERFECT in every way!

Isnt it amazing how everyone around here (on this radio forum) are so brilliant,competent and perfect at what they do in their day job, that they are qualified to offend, critisise, slag off and belittle (title of this thread about Tom for example!) anyone and everyone whose day job happens to be working on radio?? Jesus thank god my day job is not done in public only to be slagged off.

Do we own them or something? Be critical by all means but some of it is way OTT.

God, I touched a nerve with you, didn't I. Well, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a topic about whether you think TD is boring or not. My opinion is obvious and that must just make me perfect according to your logic. So be it. May be if I was to host a radio show people would find me boring and would go to the bother of raising a topic on boards.ie but I guess this is unlikely to happen.

Am I (and all that don't like TD) perfect at my (their) day job(s), possibly not but that is not the point of this topic.

Thanks for your opinion on my opinion, it is more than welcome as, after all, that is what this thread is all about!! :p

ps. I recommend you start a new thread titled: "Those who find Tom Dunne the most boring man on radio - are you perfect at your job?". Now, which genre should this reside, After Hours possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh it was good to see TD back this morning. Dont mind them 57% missed ya Tom.

No he is interesting
    Ahh! Damn, I missed him Koolkid!! :D

Was there any good chat about central heating? Honestly!

Ahh ya know Tom. More about how sick he was & his twitter session on Friday re the eurovision,:D

No he is interesting
    Jeez, seems I missed out! Glad you enjoy his shows but obviously not for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

For as long as there are the likes of Ryan Tubridy, Ray Darcy and Gerry Ryan on the airwaves, the Tom Dunnes of the airwaves will never be the dullest, most vapid presenters.

• Advertisement

scottyboy wrote: »
    Jeez, seems I missed out! Glad you enjoy his shows but obviously not for me!
    You you text in complaing.. not enough about heating & the biggest gas bill in Ireland :D

No he is interesting
    koolkid wrote: »
    You you text in complaing.. not enough about heating & the biggest gas bill in Ireland :D

Say again koolkid, are you saying I should text TD to complain about lack of heating "jokes" and the like? :p

Yes...

No he is interesting
    koolkid wrote: »
    Yes...

Very good!! Now that is funny, you should be on his show!! ;)

The lad beside me at work tells me that he was talking about gas bills or something this morning. Very sneaky mr koolkid, you were just trying to get me to waste 30c on text to newstalk!

Yeah . Thats it. Tom has me on comission .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No he is interesting
    Kess73 wrote: »
    For as long as there are the likes of Ryan Tubridy, Ray Darcy and Gerry Ryan on the airwaves, the Tom Dunnes of the airwaves will never be the dullest, most vapid presenters.

Yes he will, you use the plural I thank the Lord there's only 1 of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Blimey. Did anybody else hear Nell McCafferty on there a couple of minutes ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

hahaha
    no idea if she was serious or not, but i bet they don't podcast that one!
    TD was pants with her tho, so perhaps she really did not know she was on air, cause he did not seem to know what do.
    love her btw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Blimey. Did anybody else hear Nell McCafferty on there a couple of minutes ago?

That idiotic woman gets far too much airtime on Newstalk as it is, Keane has her on every second week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It was funny alright, although Tom apologised immediately afterwards he later read out a much more formal one that the legal team obviously came up with in the meantime to cover themselves.

• Advertisement

That item was classic. Loved every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

No he is interesting
    do tell, without repeating the libel ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Does his show get put up online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Tom Dunne's radio show has just got a whole lot less boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He's just after reading out a fairly grovelling apology hot off the presses of Newstalks legal department there

Yes, for the bit about Mary Harney. Now if we could get action that quick over Tallaght hospital....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gussieg

tbh i hadnt listened to gerry forquite a while before his demise , but have never even heard tom dunne on newstalk even when its been on, just background noise , but the radio i object to is that ryan tubridy get. I am so glad i can get the internet to listen to radio from other places including radio 4, maybe im just a granny but irish radio is generally incredibly vacuous boring, and full of awful ads. I do like donal dineen , what a voice, and lillian on radio one late at night. also occasionally listen to lyric fm 2 -4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gussieg

but as for T D in particular being boring i just remember he never once replied to any of my text requests to his show on today fm, nor did i ever win any competitions, even though i thought i was quick off the mark. Not to worry, one day We will all have our own radio shows to show off our witty banter and incredibly cle:)ver and eclectic but cool musical tastes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 i am niamh

I find Tom and Most of his colleges on Newstalk extremely interesting.
    the only fault id find would be the ehs and ums from certain presenters on the station.But I do find it very intersting to listen to newstalk because...well they move through topics very fast...but with FULL information ...

They will get a topic, get quite promptly to the core of it, give an opinion, take an opinion share and opinion and move on very promp to another topic

for me it doesnt come across as egotistical as in a presenter will push a point home..rarther all points are raised

...im sorry but If I can...George..as much as since Iv started listening to him..can race through his words...*my only problem with understaning* he in fairness will always make reference to his core audiences opinians....( as he make take mine on board) :D.. it shows when listening to him " well janine from Cootehill thinks that George is incorrect it states that..... to me that shows a man who listens to his public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

No he is interesting
    I think we should start some Tom Dunne facts...

Fact: Tom Dunne's voice was once mistaken for a hand dryer in the toliets at a Pixies gig.

Advertisement