Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dunne - Most Boring Man on Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I have heard boring, vaccuos, thin as kittensoft tissue, shows in my time, But Dunne's has to go to No.1.

When I hear that fockin Blackrock/DunLaoire accent my skin literally crawls.

Has to be, just HAS to be the most boring meaningless stupid embarrassing 3 hours of Radio ever broadcast.

I agree with FB. First time for everything. His accent is definitely the sh1ts. More so when he's doing ads for 'storving' people in Africa.

Dweeb was invented to describe people such as TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No he is interesting
    Heh heh... check out a trip to SA/Zim/Zam/ Les/ Bot/ Moz, or name your place to "check out myself" where Irish aid is going.

Who is paying for the trip?

Who do these gimps think they are foolin'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No he is interesting
    It's a 3 hour long Werther's Original advert.

Terrible show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

No he is interesting
    In a way his show is more disappointing than D'Arcy, because he does have talent, his comedy sketches are brilliant and he has a great taste in music. His voices are great. But he has been totally emasculated on Newstalk. I can't take more than 10 mins of him. D'Arcy is a lost cause. Oh how I mourn Pet Sounds.

No he is interesting
    Sorry buddy.... guy hasn't one ounce of talent.

For talent you have to bring people with you, this guy just repels listeners.

Total disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

I love listening to Tom in the morning,nice easy going un-pretentious banter,doesnt play that much music but whatever he does play is usually good and he has some decent guests on too,much more palatable then the oul wans that Gerry Ryan lets on the air anyways.

Find his accent grand,far less irritating than Prat Kenny or Tubridy,and I think he's actually from the James Street area cos he went to my old school there!

No he is interesting
    heh heh he ..Sorry can't help laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

No he is interesting
    In a way his show is more disappointing than D'Arcy, because he does have talent, his comedy sketches are brilliant and he has a great taste in music. His voices are great. But he has been totally emasculated on Newstalk. I can't take more than 10 mins of him. D'Arcy is a lost cause. Oh how I mourn Pet Sounds.

didnt think it was possible to emasculate tom dunne , would be easier to emasuclate marilym monroe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

No he is interesting
    Can't stand Tom Dunne on this show way too fluffy and boring. He is trying to attract the Gerry Ryan audience too much, his listener figures aren't great for the first year, Newstalk would have expected 100,000 plus but 72,000 isn't good enough when you consider the previous shows had 62,000 and where rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

No he is interesting
    I think the word inspipid applies here. You can listen to him for about 5 minutes without feeling you have heard it all before. He sounds like a nice person, just not an interesting one.

The other day I heard him pontificating about punk music to George Hook. He recalled this music from 1980: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBR_XNlGJdM which is fantastic. But he allowed Hook to mix up Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten. Hook was talking about how "vicious just looks like an old man these days," :eek:!! And Dunne, the exponent of punk let it slide...

insipid

• Advertisement

No he is interesting
    Dunne, the exponent of bland insipid drivel, you mean surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

No he is interesting
    I get the feeling from him, that he's just sitting there looking at the clock, counting the seconds til he can go home and listen to Bell X1.

Very boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Tom was brilliant on Pet Sounds and when he filled in for ray darcy. Havent bothered with newstalk but he cant be that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

No he is interesting
    On Ray D'Arcy's show, he had the team around him to bounce off and the format of the show to stick to. And that is probably why it worked. It's a pity his show on Newstalk is meh. The alternatives at that time of the morning are pretty poor.

No he is interesting
    Tom was brilliant on Pet Sounds and when he filled in for ray darcy. Havent bothered with newstalk but he cant be that bad

Heh heh.... he is!!!

Your worst nightmare of papp and dust!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

What about sticking George Hook in the morning instead?

No he is interesting
    I think Newstalk haven't the strength in depth to do that.

If they moved Hook, (personally I couldn't take his style at that hour of the morning) that would leave a gap later on which they would find difficult to fill.

I think they concede the 0900-1200 period to RTE (vs Tubbs/Kenny and Ryan), by putting Dunne in there who has about as much persona a cheap sheet of toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Mr E wrote: »
    Preferred him on Pet Sounds.
    Yes don't listen to him much on newstalk but his pet sounds shows was compulsive listening. His herald column is a bit bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

No he is interesting
    yeah he was better on pet sounds on today fm Maybe he will go back to that prog seen as newstalk & today fm share the same building

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

No he is interesting
    IrishTonyO wrote: »
    DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE POLL ON THIS THREAD

I can't vote. I think Black and Deckers are several Hundred times more interesting than Tom Dunne.
    He's the reason I stopped listening to Newstalk in the morning, although I suspect he is doing the "Housewife" hours, so bleating on about his Kids and Lambswool Cardigan is probably what endears him to the audience....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

No he is interesting
    Yeah I stopped listening as well all I have to do is hear his voice for a minute and he has me cringing. Really lack of decent program morning on radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

No he is interesting
    Listened to about half an hour of him today. He plays the music that he wants to listen to. Couldnt he listen to this sh*te in his own time?
    Also, I thought the concept of the station being called Newstalk was that they wouldnt be playing music ?
    He sounds like he just can wait to get home, counting the seconds on the clock, so as he can go home to the wife and bore her to tears for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

He's interviewing Henry Rollins right now and it's pretty great. Althought I think it impossible to get a bad interview from HR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I like the man, I've said it before on another thread but his show is for easy listening and entertainment, it's not supposed to be hard hitting and on the edge.

No he is interesting
    Well it's certainly not that:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No he is interesting
    Nor is it easy to listen to or entertaining in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 morningbright

Tom is pleasant. I can see why people might find him boring but I find him to be quaint and for that reason he is entertaining. His show is good craic not in the least bit challenging. But who wants that at that time of day? Furthermore one of his many excellent qualities he is not that pain in the H**e Ray Darcy has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

No he is interesting
    I hate to say it, but he's growing on me. I hate, hate, hated him at first (as can be seen from previous posts), but now I kind of look forward to my five minute dose of meaningless rambles in the morning.
    Ah no Tom. Your kid's shoe was found in the cupboard? Dear oh dear, whatever next.
    (I'm booked in for my perm and blue rinse tomorrow.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

No he is interesting
    z_topaz wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but he's growing on me. I hate, hate, hated him at first (as can be seen from previous posts), but now I kind of look forward to my five minute dose of meaningless rambles in the morning.
    Ah no Tom. Your kid's shoe was found in the cupboard? Dear oh dear, whatever next.
    (I'm booked in for my perm and blue rinse tomorrow.)

Reckon you should go to your doctor immediately, looks like the early signs on the onset of dementia :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 morningbright

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Reckon you should go to your doctor immediately, looks like the early signs on the onset of dementia :)

Whats more entertaining watching the elderly pottering about, talking rubbish offering children boiled sweets from their pockets with no wrapper?

The answer is simple. NOTHING!:P

Advertisement