Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm not sure I like this category business, seems like an easy out to me.

'I was 12th in my category so I'm better than you, even though I was 5 mins behind you' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

No way - I suppose you've (Chinguetti) had some bad luck in your marathon training cycles, you haven't been able to run the race you're capable of.

Mr Slow wrote: »
    'I was 12th in my category so I'm better than you, even though I was 5 mins behind you' :P

Oh, so you'd be proud to beat a pensioner, would you? You with your young legs, me crippled by arthritis, barely able to see the road for my cataracts... you should be giving me at least a 5 minute head start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »

I've been dyeing my hair grey with years i'll have you know:p

Hair :confused:
    This comes to mind:

060.jpg

RayCun wrote: »
    Oh, so you'd be proud to beat a pensioner, would you? You with your young legs, me crippled by arthritis, barely able to see the road for my cataracts... you should be giving me at least a 5 minute head start.

Sure Gebrselassie is about 57, he's not looking for a gimme! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Very true. Apparently, I'm on a par with Brian now category wise, and my marathon was comfortable his was torture. ;)

Maybe I should start adopting an elitest attitude too. :)

I love the way you pick my weakest event to compare me to you. How does your 400m time stack up against mine category wise? ;)

The jury is out on how "comfortable" your marathon was. Surely you could have gone with the 3'30's if it was that easy.

As for the elitist attitude, dunno what your taking about :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The jury is out on how "comfortable" your marathon was. Surely you could have gone with the 3'30's if it was that easy.

With surgery 7 days later. Yes that would have been a great idea. :rolleyes:

I love the way you pick my weakest event to compare me to you. How does your 400m time stack up against mine category wise?

It was you that pointed it out to me. :P We both train for marathons yet only one of us has ever trained for 400m so it would hardly be fair to compare over that distance.

How does your 400m time stack up against mine category wise? ;)

How many lungs did you use for your pb?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

menoscemo wrote: »
    Hair :confused:
    This comes to mind:

060.jpg

Unlike Homer, i'm still going to the hairdresser and buying shampoo but genetics tell me that soon i won't. :eek:

With surgery 7 days later. Yes that would have been a great idea. :rolleyes:

No way you ran without getting the all clear from the doc. Cant imagine pushing it or not would have made a difference, it's still a marathon. We look forward to your next one with 2 lungs.

How did the surgery go anyway or am i allowed to ask?
    It was you that pointed it out to me. :P We both train for marathons yet only one of us has ever trained for 400m so it would hardly be fair to compare over that distance.

Yep I did point it out to you. About time I said something nice to you wouldnt you say :pac: Use the 10k times to compare if you want ;)

• Advertisement

^ Peace breaks out, it must be nearly Xmas! :)

No way you ran without getting the all clear from the doc. Cant imagine pushing it or not would have made a difference, it's still a marathon.

I didn't ask them. Of course they would have said no. Running to my limits would have taken longer recovery and would have battered my immune system a lot more. That would have been stupid. Anyway once the stitch set in I was a goner, maybe it would have set in earlier had I run faster. I'm not an idiot, I knew I could finish it safely if I stuck to the plan and didn't lose the head and try to chase times. Stay comfortable, stay in control.
    How did the surgery go anyway or am i allowed to ask?

Recovery nearly complete, I managed to get out of bed for 4 whole hours IN A ROW yesterday but feel much better today. Once the rest of the fluid gets cleared from my lung I shall have the full use of two lungs. Very exciting altogether. I like to play down the fact that surgery effectively saved my life, all that crap is a bit too dramatic and attention seeking for me. :)

Of course you're allowed to ask, I'm not that much of a monster am I? :eek: Thank you for your concern. :p

Which will be more exciting, trying out the Hattoris for the first time or trying out the new lung?

The hattoris. Nothing beats hattoris. :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The hattoris. Nothing beats hattoris. :D

Even a pair of super-Hattoris, lighter again, with one foot luminous green and the other one in the Leeds colours? :pac:

4 mile recovery in 36:20 average pace 9:05

I was much happier with this run, I just need to keep ticking over at this pace for a week or so before I make a decision on Jingle Bells, I rang Donore today and the woman I spoke to said the route would be quite close to last year's so I reckon it'll be the paths for the Chesterfield side. Best to make sure and position up front with the elites :D (ie Ray and Meno)

I rang Donore today and the woman I spoke to said the route would be quite close to last year's so I reckon it'll be the paths for the Chesterfield side.

Last year's? Or the normal route? Last year the normal route (through the Furry Glen) couldn't be used because of ice so we ran an alternate route.

Last year's? Or the normal route? Last year the normal route (through the Furry Glen) couldn't be used because of ice so we ran an alternate route.

The normal one, through the Glen.

The normal one, through the Glen.

That's great news. I eagerly await confirmation :)

This is the plan (just to get in before Ray)

Sub 19 5k
    Sub 40 10k
    Sub 65 10 mile
    Sub 1:28 Half
    Sub 3:10 Marathon

(just to leave poor Brian in peace :) )

What is your training plan for the year? What kind of race calendar? Are you planning on doing Cork and Dublin again? A couple of months of 10k training and then everything else off the marathon training?

• Advertisement

What is your training plan for the year? What kind of race calendar? Are you planning on doing Cork and Dublin again? A couple of months or 10k training and then everything else off the marathon training?

Great question. Race selection will be vital for achieving the goals.

What is your training plan for the year? What kind of race calendar? Are you planning on doing Cork and Dublin again? A couple of months or 10k training and then everything else off the marathon training?

He's being sorted behind the scenes, don't worry :p

He's being sorted behind the scenes, don't worry :p

Don't tell me you're coaching him? God help the lad if so :p

ah, Meno's looking after him then? :)

What is your training plan for the year? What kind of race calendar? Are you planning on doing Cork and Dublin again? A couple of months of 10k training and then everything else off the marathon training?

I'm not doing Cork, I'm still working on my race plan but Mallow 10 is on the agenda if it's in March, Dunshaughlin 10k and the series half before DCM.

ah, Meno's looking after him then? :)

If he was I'd be training for Comrades! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Limerick man trained by fellow Limerick man or Tyrone man? Gee, thats a toughie to answer.:rolleyes:

Also, we'll know whose training him when we see him drinking at the Xmas pints

chinguetti wrote: »
    Limerick man trained by fellow Limerick man or Tyrone man? Gee, thats a toughie to answer.:rolleyes:

Also, we'll know whose training him when we see him drinking at the Xmas pints

To put a quick end to this, no one is training me, I'm taking advice from the more accomplished regulars in putting a training plan together. That is all!

...but, but... you didn't ask me for a training plan? :confused:
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

To put a quick end to this, no one is training me, I'm taking advice from the more accomplished regulars in putting a training plan together. That is all!

In return for what? Filthy...

Advertisement