Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Nothing easy about this run, I've been exhausted for the last few days, sleeping like the dead but not feeling fresh at all. I'm off tomorrow so hopefully the rest will help.

5 miles in 42:30 average pace 8:30 min miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Nothing easy about this run, I've been exhausted for the last few days, sleeping like the dead but not feeling fresh at all. I'm off tomorrow so hopefully the rest will help.

Well done for going out but you need to look after yourself and get better! Men!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sounds like you need some iron.

Sounds like you need some iron.

My sex life is my own business and I'll thank you for keeping your nose out!:P

I think my chest infection is making a return so I'm going back to the doctor!

So the doctor took about a litre of blood for analysis and a throat swap so hopefully I'll be in the know tomorrow and can start getting back to some serious training.

Met up with RQ for a very pleasant run in the park today, the air was really fresh and while some of the uphills felt monstrous I really enjoyed it.

7.79 miles in 1:08 average pace 8:46

• Advertisement

My last mile was at power walking pace. :eek:

My last mile was at power walking pace. :eek:

I feel so betrayed!:(

I still have John's bag and clothing by the way. I won't take responsibility it it's covered in dog hair upon it's return to him. :)

I still have John's bag and clothing by the way. I won't take responsibility it it's covered in dog hair upon it's return to him. :)

I forgot about that, if I'm not running I'll come down and watch Jingle Bells and get it off of you then if that suits?

So the doctor took about a litre of blood for analysis and a throat swap so hopefully I'll be in the know tomorrow and can start getting back to some serious training.

No magic supplement for me :mad:, all bloods are fine I'm just wiped out and still on antibiotics:(, it'll be at least a few weeks before I start feeling 100% again.

• Advertisement

I forgot about that, if I'm not running I'll come down and watch Jingle Bells and get it off of you then if that suits?

Cool. I'll be at the finish line.
    No magic supplement for me :mad:, all bloods are fine I'm just wiped out and still on antibiotics:(, it'll be at least a few weeks before I start feeling 100% again.

I'm sure RK or CL can sell you some EPO iron tablets.

I went for blood tests this morning and the doc absolutely tore me to shreds. I’m in work with plasters and bruised veins in both arms. Apparently all my veins are collapsing... I joked that he’d have to start looking for veins between my toes like a heroin junkie…I’m not quite sure he found that funny! Results on Thursday; if it’s good news I’ll have to start looking on the black market for my kicks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »
    I went for blood tests this morning and the doc absolutely tore me to shreds. I’m in work with plasters and bruised veins in both arms. Apparently all my veins are collapsing... I joked that he’d have to start looking for veins between my toes like a heroin junkie…I’m not quite sure he found that funny! Results on Thursday; if it’s good news I’ll have to start looking on the black market for my kicks :rolleyes:

I was able to buy those Ferrogradc tablets in a pharmacy with no prescription. They're just there on the shelf beside teh vitamin tablets etc.
    Why waster your money on a GP appointement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I go on a week's holiday and ye all are sick and Meno is now a GP:eek:.

Will ye ever mind yerself kids.

Mark my words, Melted Toberalone in a bun is the future.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I was able to buy those Ferrogradc tablets in a pharmacy with no prescription. They're just there on the shelf beside teh vitamin tablets etc.

Because I ran out of clean needles…:rolleyes:

I know you get the iron over the counter you silly; I had to get a full set of bloods done.

chinguetti wrote: »

Will ye ever mind yerself kids.

Saw those the other day. I thought I was dreaming!! I was afraid to buy in case they were a let-down… my treats are limited so I have to choose wisely.. :rolleyes: Not!

Will pick one up as a deserving treat after a 1.5mile 12m/m recovery run this evening..:pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Filthy lies and you know it. :pac:

claralara wrote: »

Not good but I suppose it's about finding the right level for you!

Hemochromatosis (I have also underlined your spelling mistakes :pac::P)

I've been sick for ever (at least that's how it feels:()

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've been sick for ever (at least that's how it feels:()

Sounds like most of my summer/autumn this year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hemochromatosis (I have also underlined your spelling mistakes :pac::P)

Feck you, they're typos, not spelling mistakes :D. The link you posted states the disease is only common in young adults so you have no worries there. :pac:

• Advertisement

Feck you, they're typos, not spelling mistakes :D. The link you posted states the disease is only common in young adults so you have no worries there. :pac:

:D
    Primary hemochromatosis, also called hereditary hemochromatosis, is an inherited disease. Secondary hemochromatosis is caused by anemia, alcoholism:P, and other disorders. Juvenile hemochromatosis and neonatal hemochromatosis are two additional forms of the disease. Juvenile hemochromatosis leads to severe iron overload and liver and heart disease in adolescents and young adults between the ages of 15 and 30.

I beg to differ sir! :cool:

I have to pull out of this and I'm gutted.:(

I'm not getting better in any rush and pushing myself too far while ill is what has me where I am now.

I'll be on the hill close to the finish cheering ya'll on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I have to pull out of this and I'm gutted.:(

I'm not getting better in any rush and pushing myself too far while ill is what has me where I am now.

I'll be on the hill close to the finish cheering ya'll on.

Shame but a wise decision. Can you ensure you have the oxygen ready for me when I pass :o

shazkea wrote: »
    Shame but a wise decision. Can you ensure you have the oxygen ready for me when I pass :o

Bucket of water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Bucket of water?

Eh bucket of water not required according to Accuweather, we have enough rain and wind on Sat. But emmm thanks for the kind offer...flipping useless cheerleader :rolleyes:.
    K, will you give him some tips on how to be an abusive good cheerleader!

shazkea wrote: »
    Eh bucket of water not required according to Accuweather, we have enough rain and wind on Sat. But emmm thanks for the kind offer...flipping useless cheerleader :rolleyes:.
    K, will you give him some tips on how to be an abusive good cheerleader!

I could bring a spatula and crack you across the rear as you pass and shout some obscenity at you?:D 'I am the manager':)

On a streak of my own at the moment, haven't run since Sunday when RQ was doing the usual pushing the pace and roaring abuse (Yes, I said RQ not Meno:P)

On the cards for this evening 2.3 miles slooooooow. (Garmin not to be used)

On the upside my shiny new HR Monitor arrived today, now to figure out how it works and then how to use it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

For some reason I haven't been on your log for ages. Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. Even though the weather is rubbish lately I'd still prefer to have the choice to run in it! Are you getting out at all?

jcsmum wrote: »
    For some reason I haven't been on your log for ages. Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. Even though the weather is rubbish lately I'd still prefer to have the choice to run in it! Are you getting out at all?

Nope, everytime I run I feel sick again, I'm well into my overdraft because of the marathon. I'm gonna slowly build it up over the next few weeks and hopefully start 2012 with a bang. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nope, everytime I run I feel sick again, I'm well into my overdraft because of the marathon. I'm gonna slowly build it up over the next few weeks and hopefully start 2012 with a bang. :D

I presume/hope you'll be fit enough for Meno's Xmas drinks? Will you make it K? or does your injury need rest?

Advertisement