Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I couldn't stay, i went looking for my water bottle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

chinguetti wrote: »
    Just to report that myself, RAL3 and Mrs RAL3 were last out of the pub at closing time.

The rest of ye are lightweights:D

Sweet Jesus - if I'd lasted until closing time I shudder to think of the carnage... Urgh.

Was having flashbacks all afternoon....cringe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Y us hardcore types crawled straight to the pub, then stayed there.

Yeah, and the smell was unbelievable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    the smell was unbelievable :P

I wasn't going to comment on your aftershave but now that you've brought it up......:D

claralara wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus - if I'd lasted until closing time I shudder to think of the carnage... Urgh.

Was having flashbacks all afternoon....cringe :)

Can RQ please post 'The Video' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Great run Mr. Slow, and well done keeping it going so well in the end and hitting your goal time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can RQ please post 'The Video' :D

I'm giving her a couple of days, so she thinks we've all forgotten, then BOOM! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

You're right of course, bring on the next one.

You too, did you manage to beat Meno off of the table?

Of course I even gave him a head start :)

Check yourself out here at about 19:40. seems to be roebuck hill. Ray is a bout 30 seconds behind but he has his eye on you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Check yourself out here at about 19:40. seems to be roebuck hill. Ray is a bout 30 seconds behind but he has his eye on you]

I thought he was miles ahead at that point. Of course I also though I was about 20 metres ahead of the other pacers :rolleyes: If I'd known how close they really were I'd have died...

• Advertisement

I'm in a jock, tired, really weak and fluey with a sore throat:(! I think I'll just lie down here and get up about 18 weeks before DCM 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

You can have the rest of this week and next week off but I think it's time to start the serious training then...;)

2.4 miles in 24 mins. Slow and awkward, that is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I should be over the moon,I know - I suppose I just feel the reward doesn't match the effort.
    It's the bitter taste of unfinished business.
    Bottle it.
    Keep it safe.
    Unleash it for your next marathon.

It's the bitter taste of unfinished business.
    Bottle it.
    Keep it safe.
    Unleash it for your next marathon.

I might let a bit out for the Jingle Bells 5k!wink.gif

Signed up for the Jingle Bells 5k, can't do the Waterford half so I'll have to settle for another crack at sub 20!

4 miles in 35 mins.

Still achey and unhappy, man flu has yet to entirely lift and I'm at the sick of being sick stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Been finding it difficult to find time in the evenings to stay up to date with logs. Belated congratulations. I'm jealous of your sub 3:30. Whatever about 3:25 I was certain you'd break the 3:30 after your half-marathon performance in September. A 40+ min improvement in 12 months is incredible. Especially as you were digging in from after the Park onwards. Lots of determination displayed. Well done.

outforarun wrote: »
    Been finding it difficult to find time in the evenings to stay up to date with logs. Belated congratulations. I'm jealous of your sub 3:30. Whatever about 3:25 I was certain you'd break the 3:30 after your half-marathon performance in September. A 40+ min improvement in 12 months is incredible. Especially as you were digging in from after the Park onwards. Lots of determination displayed. Well done.

Thanks a million, roll on 2012!

I've an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, it gives me a reason for the level of difficulty in DCM at least but I can't run til it clears.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I've an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, it gives me a reason for the level of difficulty in DCM at least but I can't run til it clears.:mad:

Mind yourself. I suppose that is some consolation regarding DCM, but pity it affected you badly on the day.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Mind yourself. I suppose that is some consolation regarding DCM, but pity it affected you badly on the day.

I'd have been inconsolable if I hadn't broken 3:30, the upside is that it wasn't lack of preparation or fitness (actually the contrary), I was just sick:)

I don't get why you are pissed off about your DCM time. You broke 3:30 and that was your goal all along. You should be delighted about the achievement.

I don't get why you are pissed off about your DCM time. You broke 3:30 and that was your goal all along. You should be delighted about the achievement.

It was my B goal so I'm happy, the thing that was pissing me off was that I had to work so hard and endure feeling what should have been for the last 6 for the last 20 in order to just make my B goal. If I was in full health I'd have been well able for sub 3:25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I was disappointed when i heard his time, i expected better too. We have an answer now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

He's slower than me. End of investigation. :cool:

RayCun wrote: »

Enjoy your moment Ray! :D

It was my B goal so I'm happy, the thing that was pissing me off was that I had to work so hard and endure feeling what should have been for the last 6 for the last 20 in order to just make my B goal. If I was in full health I'd have been well able for sub 3:25.

You're supposed to have to work hard in a goal marathon. Getting your best possible time is not supposed to be easy.

I am going to have to set a new PB in the winter just to keep you off my back (and give you another time to chase :cool:).

RayCun wrote: »

A good 5 minutes slower according the the Results on the DCM site :eek:

• Advertisement

You're supposed to have to work hard in a goal marathon. Getting your best possible time is not supposed to be easy.

Not from mile 2!
    I am going to have to set a new PB in the winter just to keep you off my back (and give you another time to beat :cool:).

FYP

A good 5 minutes slower according the the Results on the DCM site :eek:

Soon to be rectified!

Advertisement