Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Mr Slow wrote: »

Soon to be rectified!

Did they finally get back to you? Nice one...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    Did they finally get back to you? Nice one...

Yep, last week :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't get why you are pissed off about your DCM time. You broke 3:30 and that was your goal all along. You should be delighted about the achievement.

That was never his goal, that would have been a pretty pointless goal since he could have run that in his sleep at his best.
    Not from mile 2!

Is that where it started to feel crap? That's round about were doubts were creeping in for me and I pulled backed a bit. I had a great day though. :pac:

That was never his goal, that would have been a pretty pointless goal since he could have run that in his sleep at his best.

Well, I guess I was the only one who was kept in the dark about that one :(

That's you on the top of my Xmas card list!

Is that where it started to feel crap? That's round about were doubts were creeping in for me and I pulled backed a bit. I had a great day though. :pac:

I shouldn't really complain about being ill and running, you did it on one lung ;)

• Advertisement

Not at all, we keep you in the dark about loads of stuff :P

Ah now you hardly expected him to just go for 3:30
    I shouldn't really complain about being ill and running, you did it on one lung ;)

Maybe the second lung is only worth 10 minutes. :pac:

Maybe the second lung is only worth 10 minutes. :pac:

Yes but you'll be targetting sub 3:10 so those 10 will see you under 3. ;)

Yes but you'll be targetting sub 3:10 so those 10 will see you under 3. ;)

Your drugs must be stronger than my ones. Even I'm not that delusional right now.:D

Your drugs must be stronger than my ones. Even I'm not that delusional right now.:D

You need better doctors.

• Advertisement

Update:

My appetite has returned and I can feel my energy levels coming back, I'll go for a trot tomorrow and play it by ear from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

How goes it boss?!

claralara wrote: »
    How goes it boss?!

Legs are shattered still, calves are tighter than they've ever been but the throat/chest infection seems to have lifted.

You're flying as expected! ;)

6.35 miles in 50:04, average pace 7:53.

I may have slowed my recovery with this run but not running for me/my IBS is the equivilant of Kryptonite to Superman. My mood has lifted which should help, my next few runs will be back at recovery pace.

Based on today's run I haven't a chance of being in good enough shape to break 20 in the Jingle Bells 5k.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It's 3 week away, loads of time to recover and get sharp again.
    Want me to pace you?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I think sub 20 is quite possible. Think about it, 3 marathon training plans in a year. You need a rest and now you have to take a bit of one. You have done all this training that hasn't left your legs whatever you may think.

Example: was off injuried for a month in end of May 2010 and couldn't do Edinburgh. After 2 gentle weeks back running, knocked 3 minutes off my time for 10k in Dunhaughlin. You just need a nice day, a good course and to aim for 4.10 or thereabouts in the first km and its on. Plenty time yet.

Based on today's run I haven't a chance of being in good enough shape to break 20 in the Jingle Bells 5k.:(

If the course is favourable, you are an absolute shoe in, so less of the negative talk.
    If the course ain't favourable there is always the clonliffe on on Dec 18th, I have heard from the preverbial horses mouth that is a fast course.

RayCun wrote: »
    It's 3 week away, loads of time to recover and get sharp again.
    Want me to pace you?:cool:

Pride before a fall Mister
    chinguetti wrote: »
    I think sub 20 is quite possible. Think about it, 3 marathon training plans in a year. You need a rest and now you have to take a bit of one. You have done all this training that hasn't left your legs whatever you may think.

Example: was off injuried for a month in end of May 2010 and couldn't do Edinburgh. After 2 gentle weeks back running, knocked 3 minutes off my time for 10k in Dunhaughlin. You just need a nice day, a good course and to aim for 4.10 or thereabouts in the first km and its on. Plenty time yet.

Ah I know the fitness is there, I just don't feel very much recovered from DCM, I should be further along by now.
    If the course is favourable, you are an absolute shoe in, so less of the negative talk.
    If the course ain't favourable there is always the clonliffe on on Dec 18th, I have heard from the preverbial horses mouth that is a fast course.

Cheers chief! I had that in mind alright.

Pride before a fall Mister

I know, I'm painting a target on my back :)
    And I'm going to run sub-20, so if you want to take me down...

(and this is your last chance to beat me, btw. Come Raheny, we will be competing on age-group placing)

I know, I'm painting a target on my back :)
    And I'm going to run sub-20, so if you want to take me down...

(and this is your last chance to beat me, btw. Come Raheny, we will be competing on age-group placing)

You on the threshold of 40 there Ray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Not too far off there yourself mate :D

Not too far off there yourself mate :D

5 years is far enough!

Yeah, mid-January. After that, I'll be competing against a bunch of fossils :cool:

Yeah, mid-January. After that, I'll be competing against a bunch of fossils :cool:

It's great for Digger and Chinguetti to have company though!:D

So, two weeks and a day after the race, my chip time has been amended to 3:29:36.

It's great for Digger and Chinguetti to have company though!:D

Can i just say that you're the right funny man. But i a bit younger than Digger and Ray and may i say faster than them too over some distances (i'm twisting the truth here but the memory is failing i think:confused:).

I've been dyeing my hair grey with years i'll have you know:p

Now where's my zimmer frame?

Can i just say that you're the right funny man. But i a bit younger than Digger and Ray and may i say faster than them too over some distances (i'm twisting the truth here but the memory is failing i think:confused:).

I've been dyeing my hair grey with years i'll have you know:p

Now where's my zimmer frame?

I had Digger in there by himself but didn't want you to feel left out!

I'm pretty sure you're still faster than me over every distance. But as I said, from January it's all going to be about position in your category.

(just don't tell the women because they'd destroy us all :eek:)

I'm pretty sure you're still faster than me over every distance. But as I said, from January it's all going to be about position in your category.

Thats very kind of you Ray but i ain't got a sub 3.30.

Position i always aim for is if i can get out of bed when the alarm goes off in the morning without pain shooting up either foot when it hits the ground. Anything after that is a bonus.

• Advertisement

Very true. Apparently, I'm on a par with Brian now category wise, and my marathon was comfortable his was torture. ;)

Maybe I should start adopting an elitest attitude too. :)

Advertisement